• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

British Man, 21, Faces Death Sentence In United Arab Emirates

the popularity of EADD probably has something to do with the fact many users to UK BL don't even know EADD exists, they come here to the focus forum.. see the first thread titled"canz i take Rollstacy at teh same tiem as wering a hatz" and instantly fuck off because they don't get the american centric lingo that exists all over BL, what kind of place would this be if we only modded people who took 1 E every 14 weeks?
That same thing can be said about EADD and brits, they are the same as the americans are on some other sections of bl, though the yanks are even worse. Don't take this personal, I have nothing against either peoples, but the way they (subconsciously) act on BL makes it unatractive to others to be here. There's so much off-topic bullshit threads being made in EADD that the noise ratio is so far off, you have to dig through pages and pages of shit to get maybe one or two worthwhile topics.

If EADD would have say 2-3 sub sections it would improve it by a giant leap and also stimulate others to post more, instead of being put off by the large amounts of random or unreadable crap. For instance, it's called EUROPE and AFRICA, but how often do you hear anything from African posters in EADD? It's not like they don't exist, more like they know it's pretty worthless to make a topic about something pertaining to for example South-Africa or Egypt because it's going to get drowned out in no time and the chance of getting replies pertaining to that topic after 3 days reduces to almost zero. For a continent of 770 million(that's just Europe, Africa not even included) versus two islands with a total of ~50 million it shure seems the ratios are off. If there would be 2-3 sub sections for EADD, one with actual informative talk about mainland European drug discussion, one for Brittain & Ireland and a "around the watercooler" sub sections for anyone from Europe(brittain+Ireland included) and Africa. I can assure the mods, just give it some time (it's going to take a couple of months, because people have to become aware of such chances before they would start actively partaking) and you'd see much more new topics and discussions being opened by those from mainland Europe as well as Africa.

^ do you reckon? we have a few posters from mainland europe and anyone from europe/africa is very welcome in here. i really wouldn't like the idea of segregating britain/irelend as if they deserve a whole separate forum.. aus drug discussion also covers all of asia and the north american forum also covers south america; we don't need to be any further subdivided, this is an international forum. i understand why people in here stick in here (although i still like to encourage people to venture out; not every forum is full of people rolling twice a year and there is a lot of good info elsewhere) but i really don't think we need to make it any more niche..

I always assumed the relative scarcity of non-Brits in EADD was because somewhere else there are similar forums discussing these topics in languages other than English.

Because it's pretty much an English language site you're always going to find that the American forum has mainly people from USA, the Aus/Asia forum has mainly people from Australia & the Europe/Africa forum has mainly people from the UK. There's not really any way round that.

Edit - Ninja'd by knock. That's pretty much what I meant but in less words.

I spend most of my time here in EADD but I do like to have a look at the Australian and American forums as its interesting to read the different topics they discuss.
I like reading about the biker wars in Australia and the open air markets in the USA,there is a lot of interesting stuff to read all over Bluelight.

^ do you reckon? we have a few posters from mainland europe and anyone from europe/africa is very welcome in here. i really wouldn't like the idea of segregating britain/irelend as if they deserve a whole separate forum.. aus drug discussion also covers all of asia and the north american forum also covers south america; we don't need to be any further subdivided, this is an international forum. i understand why people in here stick in here (although i still like to encourage people to venture out; not every forum is full of people rolling twice a year and there is a lot of good info elsewhere) but i really don't think we need to make it any more niche..
I can understand your point of view, that you don't want to see it segregated, but it might really be a good idea at least to get a feel for other)non-UK) peoples opinion on it and see how they think and feel about it, by way of a poll for example. If it does appear that quite a few people rather stay out of EADD because they don't see the point in posting there, than wouldn't that be a valid reason to add a sub-section for these people? Although not everyone mentions their location in their profile and so I don't know the exact numbers or percentages, I do know from several others on BL that they are put off by the signal to noise ratio and the lack of non UK-related topics. Like I said, it's really demotivational to post a thread on a subject that isn't UK-related and see it move several pages down in just 2-3 days, by which time anyone who might have something valuable to is unlikely to read it. After a couple of times you just think, fuck it, what's the point in even trying?

I always assumed the relative scarcity of non-Brits in EADD was because somewhere else there are similar forums discussing these topics in languages other than English.
The only other major forum I know is drugs-forum, and they do indeed have two sections in other languages, namely Dutch and German. The Dutch forum does get quite a bit of traffic (I used to be the Dutch section's mod), but everyone in there also visits the English section a lot, even more so than the Dutch because there's just more info in the English section. But when they want some locally oriented info or just fancy a conversation in their own language, they go to the Dutch section (and the same goes for the Germans).

Compared to other continents, Europe is pretty different; Asia doesn't share any common language and hardly anyone speaks another Asian language there, in Africa there are several countries where the second language spoken is French or English but the density of computers is fairly low, South America does have a common language except for Brazil, namely Spanish, yet they are merged with North America where as far as I know they aren't allowed to speak anything other than English so that puts a lot of South-Americans off. However in Europe, even though there are so many different languages being spoken, there are still a lot of multi-lingual people who also speak English very well and some who speak at least enough to get by. So I don't think language is the problem in EADD, rather the one sided focus on the UK. If changes would be made so as to stimulate a more diverse discussion which also includes continental Europeans, I definately think that in a few months (ofcourse it will take some time for people to find out about it before you notice any growth) it will increase and more people would participate.

Like I said, it's really demotivational to post a thread on a subject that isn't UK-related and see it move several pages down in just 2-3 days, by which time anyone who might have something valuable to is unlikely to read it. After a couple of times you just think, fuck it, what's the point in even trying?

The answer to this is to post in the thread 'bump' and hey presto, you're back at the top of page one.

The answer to this is to post in the thread 'bump' and hey presto, you're back at the top of page one.
I don't think you get my idea. It works on both ways, people who don't see the point in posting there because it's drowned out quickly, and people who don't visit the forum because they don't expect to find anything they can relate to. My proposed idea would take care of both problems although it will ofcourse take some time for people to find out about it if it would somehow get implemented. Continiously bumping up your thread might keep it at the top, however if anyone who might have valuable info to add is staying clear of EADD, then what's the point?

I know, and drugs-forum has a Dutch and German section. But the German forum on D-F isn't exactly very lively, and the Swedes and Dutch combined are only ~25 out of 770 millions Europeans. With the enormous wealth of information on Bleulight, it would be a really big bonus if people who are used to the forum can just stay here and feel more comfortable and add even more info and members to it.

I don't think you get my idea.

I do. I was answering the specific bit I quoted. If you think a thread is getting lost, you can bump it. If it's important enough the mods ensure it won't get drowned with noise. If your 'important thread' is bumped enough then, by your own reasoning, interested people will see it and flock to BL.

That plus your idea has no chance with the admin. :\

I know, and drugs-forum has a Dutch and German section. But the German forum on D-F isn't exactly very lively, and the Swedes and Dutch combined are only ~25 out of 770 millions Europeans. With the enormous wealth of information on Bleulight, it would be a really big bonus if people who are used to the forum can just stay here and feel more comfortable and add even more info and members to it.

I agree it would be great if more non-UK people were here. So where are they now? Or do non-UK people not discuss drugs online?

I have to admit I have noted the same, but I'm not convinced people aren't posting because of the the current structure of EADD, but you ideas are welcome Psychnaut.

I've spent a fair bit of time in the Netherlands and Belgium as well as other parts of Europe, do you really think that people from NL would be too intimidated to post here, can't see it myself but your opinion would be more valuable.

I do. I was answering the specific bit I quoted. If you think a thread is getting lost, you can bump it. If it's important enough the mods ensure it won't get drowned with noise. If your 'important thread' is bumped enough then, by your own reasoning, interested people will see it and flock to BL.

That plus your idea has no chance with the admin. :\
If it doesn't have any chance with the admin, so be it, I'll give up. I just wanted to see how the mods and admin(s) feel about it, if they didn't then that's cool with me.

I agree it would be great if more non-UK people were here. So where are they now? Or do non-UK people not discuss drugs online?
They are spread out over other forums and on Bluelight they are spread out over more general sections. Like I said, the EADD has just as little relevance to them as the other forums (which is mostly made up of a lot of American posters). The relevance of topics in EADD to other Europeans (let alone Africans) is just really, really low. So there's little reason for them to bother and look through the many pages of EADD to see if they find anything. They might just as well go to any other sub-section of Bluelight, knowing the topics there are of just as little or even more relevance (at least in many other forums, the discussions are about drugs which is always a pretty universal thing, in EADD it's a lot of social discussion which tends to be more regional, even if it isn't a social thread but actually an informative one)

I have to admit I have noted the same, but I'm not convinced people aren't posting because of the the current structure of EADD, but you ideas are welcome Psychnaut.

I've spent a fair bit of time in the Netherlands and Belgium as well as other parts of Europe, do you really think that people from NL would be too intimidated to post here, can't see it myself but your opinion would be more valuable.
Like I said, it's not they feel intimated by the people, but they just don't see the point in doing it. Most have opened a few topics throughout their time on Bluelight, and got little to no worthwhile reactions and just though, well fuck it, why bother next time? It's been my experience, and I've heared the same from a handful of others I talked about it with. The atmosphere in EADD just doesn't promote any discussion about anything other than UK related things.

Just an example, when you create a thread asking about a certain pill going round in your area, or even your country, you're lucky to find even one or two replies from people in the same region or country who have experience with it or have something valuable to add. So next time you have a question like this, you think, why bother, it's not like I'm going to get much useful info about it from others in my area because last time I didn't get any either. Which is really a shame, because EADD has the potential to do a lot of good and provide regional drug info or warn people about a dangerous pill or for example cocaine cut with Atropine or cannabis cut with glass like it happened in the Netherlands and UK, respectively.

Jesus could only do so much. He didn't preach vegetarianism or sobriety as it would have made his doctrine too much for the average person to accept. Also the main reason he was killed was probably that he was against things like slavery and other things that would have been too much of a hit to the economy. I don't believe for a minute he was killed for religious reasons as a result of the outcry of the general public.

Jesus could only do so much. He didn't preach vegetarianism or sobriety as it would have made his doctrine too much for the average person to accept. Also the main reason he was killed was probably that he was against things like slavery and other things that would have been too much of a hit to the economy. I don't believe for a minute he was killed for religious reasons as a result of the outcry of the general public.

It's not real.

I didn't use to think it was very real or even interesting (because it's not portrayed that way) but after reading some contemporary descriptions of him, by Pontus Pilatus, etc. that very all very consistent and like poetic descriptions of his great beauty and spiritual power I've started thinking he was completely different and much more relevant than most non-Christian people think.

Pontius Pilate wasn't such a bad guy. He was just weak willed.

They tend to do it in their own language though..... www.partyflock.nl is one, you can translate, but the dutch clearly have their drug chat, there are spannish, swiss and german drugs forums I am aware of aswell. Bluelight is mostly english speaking.

More absurdity from that part of the world

UK man gets 6 months in jail for bum pinch: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...o-six-months-in-Dubai-jail-for-bum-pinch.html

A BRIT told of his shock yesterday after being jailed for six months in Dubai for pinching a woman’s bottom in a bar.

Businessman Steven Sherriff, 43, called the verdict “insane” as he waited for cops to arrive after being sentenced in his absence.

He was said to have groped a 23-year-old, whose furious boyfriend punched him unconscious.

But he called the claim “ridiculous”, saying it was mistaken identity.

His stunned wife Betina added: “He doesn’t even know how to flirt, let alone do this.”

Mr Sherriff was advised to stay away from court on Tuesday by his Arab lawyer, who had still not called him when The Sun broke the news of the draconian sentence.

Belfast-born Mr Sherriff said: “This is insane. How can I be found guilty when one of the witnesses says I didn’t do it? If I go to jail, it is going to ruin everything. It’s a nightmare.”

He was on a bar crawl with a friend when his accuser complained he had pinched her left buttock and groped between her legs.

But Mr Sherriff said: “She admitted she didn’t see who did it but insists it was me because she turned around and I was there. Her own friend told police I did not touch the girl. It’s ridiculous I’ve been sentenced.”

Mr Sherriff, an investor who sells aircraft paint, has lived in Dubai for seven years and been married for 14 years. His Danish wife lives near Copenhagen and travels to Dubai once a month to see him.

Mr Sherriff will be deported after serving his prison term. He said last night that he planned to appeal against his sentence but is running out of money for legal bills