• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

British Man, 21, Faces Death Sentence In United Arab Emirates

Oh_ec0362_2570604.jpg

I honestly don't know a single pensioner who doesn't claim what they're entitled to. Among the pensioners I know there is a severe entitlement complex and belief that the young owe them a lot...

The only pensioner I've ever really known well enough to know how he felt about things like this was my grandpa. He certainly didn't think like that. As far as he was concerned no-one owed him a penny, he would pretty much refuse to claim anything. He'd have thrown a cheque for something like winter heating allowance (or whatever it's called) in the bin, he worked till he was physically unable to & even then he (incorrectly) felt like a cunt for receiving a pension - as he saw it as money for nothing, despite the fact the he'd been paying into it for a good portion of his life. As far as he was concerned you do a week's work for a week's pay, if you don't then you starve.

As far as I know all the other old dudes that he kicked about with thought the same. You'd overhear them slagging some cunt off if he'd been up the bowling club getting pished when they knew that he hadn't done a shift in years.

Better guy than me. I'll take whatever I can for free haha.

The only pensioner I've ever really known well enough to know how he felt about things like this was my grandpa. He certainly didn't think like that. As far as he was concerned no-one owed him a penny, he would pretty much refuse to claim anything. He'd have thrown a cheque for something like winter heating allowance (or whatever it's called) in the bin, he worked till he was physically unable to & even then he (incorrectly) felt like a cunt for receiving a pension - as he saw it as money for nothing, despite the fact the he'd been paying into it for a good portion of his life. As far as he was concerned you do a week's work for a week's pay, if you don't then you starve.

As far as I know all the other old dudes that he kicked about with thought the same. You'd overhear them slagging some cunt off if he'd been up the bowling club getting pished when they knew that he hadn't done a shift in years.

Better guy than me. I'll take whatever I can for free haha.

My grandparents on one side think it's a travesty how pensioners are treated 'these days'. On the other side they aren't really fussed and just take what they're given. The way politics is in this country suggests a lot of pensioners feel quite entitled, given that any party who took anything away from pensioners would instantly be voted out at the next election because pensioners form the biggest voting block. Coincidently the under 25s don't vote much at all and that's why they get shafted. They have no political capital. I don't think i'll be in this country to receieve a state pension, even if it does exist when I get to that age.

Aye man, I really hope I'm not in the UK by pension age (if I'm still alive).

See these folk that think it's terrible how pensioners are treated "these days", what was it like for pensioners when they were in their twenties? Were they all living it up, rolling around in Bentleys & shit?

If you were dying of a horrible disease they might stretch to wiping your arse and shooting you up with some morphine. I don't think you would have gotten advanced treatments at 30k a chuck, stays in hospital at thousands of pounds a go, with MRIs that cost about 1k per one!

Exactly man. When my grandpa was young there was no welfare state, you worked or you died or your family supported you as far as I know. I think that's why he thought the way he did, if he'd been a couple decades younger it might have been different but there was no sense of entitlement when he was my age. He was out working from about 13/14 I think, until he was about 70.

Edit - Btw, I'm not saying that that was better than the system we have now. We need the welfare state imo, just because some people (myself included) take, or have taken, the piss out of it doesn't mean that the people who do genuinely need it should be punished.

Yeah that's the same with one of my grandads too. Legally smoking and getting fags off his mum from age 11. They used to sell single cigarettes in the cinema so children could afford them lol.

The ice cream van round my way used to sell single fags when I was young. It clearly wasn't allowed to right enough, but it still did & happily sold them to 12 year olds lol.

The U.K is the only place i've been in Europe where you can't buy singles.

I lived by a cafe where they would sell you single fags a King skin & conveniently the Hash dealer was over the road .
Oh yeah they sold single needle's as well.

True dat.

I haven't even got 'round to signing on yet.
Oh the joy...

Get on their website and do it ASAP (will take 15 mins compared to an hour waiting in the queue on the phone) as they take ages to pay. I made a claim at the start of the month, have been in the office to sign on twice since and still haven't been paid. Apparently getting 3 weeks worth of payment on Monday (£213). Better to do it soon or you'll wait forever on the money.

Tony Robinson said last night on QT that it's called national insurance. Not national handout or national charity. Theres no shame in it and it's an institution we should be very proud of (said something about the origins & history), it's there as all insurances are, for when the shit hits the fan or the chips are down. I get frustrated with pensioners I know who won't claim what's theirs, that they and their spouses paid into for 60 odd years, because of the stigma.

I've got a couple of mates who claim they'd never go on the dole even if they didn't have a penny to their name. They reckon they'd just get a shitty job straight away (because it's apparently that easy) rather than be 'dolescum'. One was automatically given a job when he was 16 at his dads company and despite him being unqualified and never properly learnt the trade gets paid daft amount of money and has a job for life then a company when his dad retires. The other applied for an apprenticeship when finished school, got a job, and has been working at the same company ever since (around 10 years now) so neither have any recent experience when it comes to getting a job but they think it's easy and think that people on the dole are just lazy.

Get on it by phone everyday waiting you loose £10 they add up.

Hopefully I should be covered.
The doc gave me a sick note starting from the 18th of june.

Get on their website and do it ASAP (will take 15 mins compared to an hour waiting in the queue on the phone) as they take ages to pay. I made a claim at the start of the month, have been in the office to sign on twice since and still haven't been paid. Apparently getting 3 weeks worth of payment on Monday (£213). Better to do it soon or you'll wait forever on the money.

Yeah I've tried phoning em but they're useless/never answer. Will give it a go online.

I understand why Blunts makes the odd remark about employment status , it's his 6 figure salary that keeps me alive.
All makes perfect sense know.
I had a six-figure salary once. Then someone told me the pence didn't count :(

lol, that's how all this started, i asked him cos he keeps trying to belittle people through their employment...

He was very coy and modest, and didn't reveal any details of what he does, but he did let us know he has A SIX FIGURE income :eek:

I did reveal details, then I retracted them. I can feel the jealousy emanating from you from over 200 miles away MM.

Something tells me that MM is more content in his life right now than you will ever be in yours.