• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Big & Dandy Ketamine Thread 4: I was filled with the Holey Spirit

I did some ketamine last night.. my friend got it.. he showed me it and I exclaimed WTF IS THAT??!.. It was BROWN!!! Light brown pebbles. Never seen anything like it before. I looked into it and apparently when it's brown that means it's "overcooked".. is this a thing? The effects were ketamine for sure..

I did some ketamine last night.. my friend got it.. he showed me it and I exclaimed WTF IS THAT??!.. It was BROWN!!! Light brown pebbles. Never seen anything like it before. I looked into it and apparently when it's brown that means it's "overcooked".. is this a thing? The effects were ketamine for sure..
I myself overcooked some vials on the past that lead to some light-brownish crystals. If it tastes and feels like ket don't worry! I supose there is a loss in potency with overcooked stuff, but anything remarkable :)

Has anyone here done a rectal administration (booty bump) of K? If so, please report on experience. If not, I may be test subject in a few hours.

I've came across brown batches of ketamine that have been fine. This is going back nearly 10 years ago now though when it was in abundance.

SleepingMonkey, sounds fine to sniff! :)

Last edited:
Expectedly a waste, as ketamine isn't absorbed very well through gastrointestinal membranes.

There has to be a reason WHY Ketamine's rectal dose is so high. I really fear introducing needles into my life, but insulfating ketmaine is getting old.

Taken from this thread

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/368797-Why-does-Ketamine-not-work-well-rectally?

one poster posted this

"If I remember right pH has an impact on rectal absorption, and ketamine is pretty strongly acidic, but I am not sure if that has much of a bearing on anything."

another posted this

"Assuming for now that lipid solubility is not an issue... would dissolving ketamine in a basic soln. (say, water + baking soda) increase its absorption rate? Or does that not matter, since the ketamine itself remains acidic, and is left behind while the water is absorbed"

any thoughts?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...l-rectally?p=11951235&viewfull=1#post11951235

Be careful though, don't actually freebase the K, so no more base than was mentioned. Also not sure if principally bicarb is the way to go as choice for a base. Probably not too big quantities of carbon dioxide gas are liberated and you can wait it out, so maybe don't hurry the method if you don't want to burp out of your ass. On the other hand, bicarb is good as it buffers.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...l-rectally?p=11951235&viewfull=1#post11951235

Be careful though, don't actually freebase the K, so no more base than was mentioned. Also not sure if principally bicarb is the way to go as choice for a base. Probably not too big quantities of carbon dioxide gas are liberated and you can wait it out, so maybe don't hurry the method if you don't want to burp out of your ass. On the other hand, bicarb is good as it buffers.

Thanks much. I knew I remembered reading that somewhere on this site!

When nuke says "mass equivalant of sodium bicarb" that just means an amount that appears to be the same as the K I am mixing with, not neccesarily weight, correct? So basically weigh K dose, add same visual amount of bicarb, dissolve in water, plug?

What would you suggest using if not sodium bicarbonate?

I will be giving this a shot next time I have some K, something like 3 grams have up and dissappeared these past few weeks ;-(

Dude, what? Hahaha not to take a shit on you yepyep, you know I love you, but if it says mass equivalent then it definitely means weight/mass. Weigh that bicarb out baby, woooo!

"Mass is determined only by the amount of matter contained in an object. Any two masses exert a mutual attractive force on each other. The amount of that force is weight. "

Weight does not technically equal mass.... I was just double checking sheesh ;-)

Okay so i put 175mg ket and 150mg baking soda (sodium bicarb) in a 5ml glass vial. Added 2ml water. Shook vigoursly to bo avail. Touched tgd vial with a butane torch for a few seconds, kinda looked like sodium bubbled. This may have been a fuckup.

Added 2ml more water and shook forever. Still magor seperation and when I try and draw in a syring much is left in vial.

Any advice?

Seems bicarb is not soluble in acetone much. I may evaporate water and wash remainder with acetone. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Last edited:
I'm getting a gram of K tomorrow night. This is the one drug I've been searching years for. I definitely want to experience the hole but I don't want to overwhelm myself. Im experienced enough with psychedelics. I've done shrooms a handful of times and acid maybe 20 times. Broken through on DMT several times, once while on acid. 2C-I a dozen times... Also done mid-dose DXM a couple times and nitrous a hundred times. Anyway would you guys recommend a first timer to test the water first or just jump in with 150mg or so? I've got 300mg of some beautiful clean sass that I'm saving for a candy flip. Anyone have any experience mixing LSD+MDA+K or just MDA+K? I'm super excited to try this one. I have a trippy drippy Bassnectar playlist ready to go. Peace. %)

Ive done K and both of those.

Do you have a disso tokerance? Is your K heavy cut? If no to both, 150mg shoukd have you hoked by itself.

I think less would hoke, especialky with MDA'S sometimes speedy, mongy, wtf is goin on aspect. Id take a few 20mg bumps during the comeup to get a feel for it, and have two 100mg lines out for when you want to hole. Do 50mg at a time every 5-10minutes. Be careful on getting distracted, then sometimes no matter how much you do thd hole is gone and you just get dissoed the fuck out and start losing memory.

Also, are you looking on a one off, are are you trying to use most of the g? Hole dose of K on comeup or LSD or MDA (depends on ROA. anything but oral will be quicker) could leave you out of the holr (still a good bit of wobble time remaing). You will most likely want to keep repeating the K experience in some fashion for the duration of your trip. (Especially of alone, I am hopeing you dont wanna combo this at a party).

If you just want one K hole save it for when the psychedelics main effects have worn off. It will bring them back, you will surf the universe, come down. Do fuck all until you can figure out how to find your weed or beer, have one, pass out.

I reccomend doing all the K if you can get more, if not 500mg, few bumps, two holes. Fuck yeah.

Last edited:
I must have been K'ed out because sodium bicarb being insoluble in acetone doesnt help since K is insoluble as well.

I have evaporated the water off, and confirmed for myself bicarb is soluble in proplene glycol. Hopefully K is as well. Will be adding 2mg or so PG to my K/bicarb mixture and try plugging with some MET probably tonight.

I think I will be iming my next batch. I holed off my first 175mg line, but the next day I did like 500mg and was just fucked up. I was also listening to some fast punk rock/hardcore that had me room moshing and reliving times I saw the band live. Might have beeb my fuck up. Haha

Very successful first experiences with this drug. That gram certainly didn't last very long but I got what I wanted out of it lol. How is it not common knowledge that this is the best drug ever? I mean there wasn't one thing I felt was lacking from K. Super trippy, euphoric, a new experience. I managed to successfully hole a couple times and wow. Such a comforting, beautiful space of prisms and color. I will hopefully be getting more this weekend. If so, I still have the acid and MDA to combine it with. The sass is unbelievably clean & pure. The L I have not tried yet, but my source said it's some of the best he's ever had. I want to combine all three hopefully. Fucking love Ketamine. <3 =D

Hey does anyone know of any interactions between ketamine and harmaline? Would've preferred to add 3-MeO-PCE to my rc-huasca in the woods but that's a no-go, but then I remembered that ketamine is really really good and never heard of any SSRI action. Wouldn't be going for a hole but ketamine feels really divine so it fits in.

I was wondering if something I recently received had any recreational potential or potential as an adjunct painkiller (never tried K so I hope so). It's a compound made from ketamine and gel, no lidocaine or any of the other usual ingredients you'd find in a compound like this. It's a 250gram tube of gel that's 10% ketamine (so 25grams of ketamine hcl!!!!) It's still in Rx paper form right now because I'm looking for a pharmacy that can prepare it for me + I don't want to spend the money before I know it's worth a shit. To be honest I'm also skeptical of its analgesic properties (what it was prescribed for) when used topically I don't think it has the stuff in the gel that makes transdermal absorption possible, so I don't understand how it'd work. But for a doc to prescribe a large amount of a schedule III drug they must have a good reason.

Before I start trying to do the math necessary to calculate a dose, I wanted to see if it was even possible to use. So is it (it's just inactive gel nothing else)? If the gel's a problem can I possibly do an extraction? Is the gel safe to consume (more specifically orally or sublingually)? I definitely want to use it for recreational porpuses a few times because I've never tried it and love hallucinogens, but I truly am in horrible pain that my pain medicine (Subutex, the only pain med my dr isn't too afraid to give for chronic pain) is no longer able to control at times. So since I can't take a different opioid (how lucky for me :|) when the pain gets unbearable, I thought using a sub/disassociative dose of oral ketamine adjunct to the buprenorphine might boost the effects enough to provide sufficient analgesia. I know that in most cases when ketamine is used along with opioids; they use short acting opioids but there are exceptions. I realize that the increased analgesia would likely also mean increased respiratory depression, but considering I take such a low dose (a maximum of 2mg 3x a day, but usually only take 3.5mg or 4mg) it was recently increased from 2mg 2x daily to 2mg 3x daily. I should be safe as long as I don't take too much K and skip my benzos and muscle relaxers. If I want to use a large recreational amount I'll try to avoid taking anything for as long as possible which due to my level of pain probably won't be very long but I'll try to wait as long as I can. I've took DXM with everything I'm on several times and was fine.

Oh I almost forgot it's HCL. Idk if that matters at all but I thought I should mention it just in case.

If the gel isn't a problem my plan was to calculate the dosage (for this method probably a similar dose to snorting) and put the gel under my tongue and let the K absorb sublingually. But after reading reports of people trying it (with success most of the time) and then regretting it due to the taste I came up with an alternate plan to take it orally, (this'll also probably be my method for using the adjunct doses for pain) if possible using capsules to hold the gel so I wouldn't taste it. I thought sublingual and oral would be best because I definitely don't want to inject any of the gel into a muscle much less my bloodstream, even if I could get the gel in a dry powdery form that could be snorted I wouldn't won't to try it because I assume the powder would turn into gel again when exposed to moisture and clog my sinuses, and I don't want to use it rectally because it just sounds unpleasant, but if it the absolute last resort I probably would.

Even though it's probably a pipe dream for me to get to experience the wonders of ketamine (because if the gel isn't usable which it probably isn't I won't have any other sources. Not asking for any just stating a fact) I still want to know what it's like. I know it's a dissociative like DXM (I compare it to DXM rather than the many others because I've done DXM many times and know it) but I heard the highs are different. I'm familiar with ego death which I know K is notorious for causing, it happened to me several times on DXM and once on nothing but strong weed I smoked too much of with no tolerance. I also experienced the DXM equivalent of a K-hole, it's hard to explain, like floating through space and time but it's so much you don't remember it all then you get spit out dazed and confused. So anyway you know I'm sort experienced in these kinda trips not to mention the ones on dph and datura (not fun, but I kept it together fairly well). I love hallucinogens (not datura or dph) they're the most fun imo (opiates are still my DOC) but they also teach you a lot. So my questions about ketamine are...

-Should I start a little low to get used to the drug. Or should I try for the K-hole my first time
-Could it make me become violent, like PCP supposedly does?
-If I have any when I try it (been out for a week or so :( ) should I smoke weed during the trip to make it stronger like DXM?

Thats pretty much everything I really hope someone can help.

I was wondering if something I recently received had any recreational potential or potential as an adjunct painkiller (never tried K so I hope so). It's a compound made from ketamine and gel, no lidocaine or any of the other usual ingredients you'd find in a compound like this. It's a 250gram tube of gel that's 10% ketamine (so 25grams of ketamine hcl!!!!) It's still in Rx paper form right now because I'm looking for a pharmacy that can prepare it for me + I don't want to spend the money before I know it's worth a shit. To be honest I'm also skeptical of its analgesic properties (what it was prescribed for) when used topically I don't think it has the stuff in the gel that makes transdermal absorption possible, so I don't understand how it'd work. But for a doc to prescribe a large amount of a schedule III drug they must have a good reason.

Before I start trying to do the math necessary to calculate a dose, I wanted to see if it was even possible to use. So is it (it's just inactive gel nothing else)? If the gel's a problem can I possibly do an extraction? Is the gel safe to consume (more specifically orally or sublingually)? I definitely want to use it for recreational porpuses a few times because I've never tried it and love hallucinogens, but I truly am in horrible pain that my pain medicine (Subutex, the only pain med my dr isn't too afraid to give for chronic pain) is no longer able to control at times. So since I can't take a different opioid (how lucky for me :|) when the pain gets unbearable, I thought using a sub/disassociative dose of oral ketamine adjunct to the buprenorphine might boost the effects enough to provide sufficient analgesia. I know that in most cases when ketamine is used along with opioids; they use short acting opioids but there are exceptions. I realize that the increased analgesia would likely also mean increased respiratory depression, but considering I take such a low dose (a maximum of 2mg 3x a day, but usually only take 3.5mg or 4mg) it was recently increased from 2mg 2x daily to 2mg 3x daily. I should be safe as long as I don't take too much K and skip my benzos and muscle relaxers. If I want to use a large recreational amount I'll try to avoid taking anything for as long as possible which due to my level of pain probably won't be very long but I'll try to wait as long as I can. I've took DXM with everything I'm on several times and was fine.

Oh I almost forgot it's HCL. Idk if that matters at all but I thought I should mention it just in case.

If the gel isn't a problem my plan was to calculate the dosage (for this method probably a similar dose to snorting) and put the gel under my tongue and let the K absorb sublingually. But after reading reports of people trying it (with success most of the time) and then regretting it due to the taste I came up with an alternate plan to take it orally, (this'll also probably be my method for using the adjunct doses for pain) if possible using capsules to hold the gel so I wouldn't taste it. I thought sublingual and oral would be best because I definitely don't want to inject any of the gel into a muscle much less my bloodstream, even if I could get the gel in a dry powdery form that could be snorted I wouldn't won't to try it because I assume the powder would turn into gel again when exposed to moisture and clog my sinuses, and I don't want to use it rectally because it just sounds unpleasant, but if it the absolute last resort I probably would.

Even though it's probably a pipe dream for me to get to experience the wonders of ketamine (because if the gel isn't usable which it probably isn't I won't have any other sources. Not asking for any just stating a fact) I still want to know what it's like. I know it's a dissociative like DXM (I compare it to DXM rather than the many others because I've done DXM many times and know it) but I heard the highs are different. I'm familiar with ego death which I know K is notorious for causing, it happened to me several times on DXM and once on nothing but strong weed I smoked too much of with no tolerance. I also experienced the DXM equivalent of a K-hole, it's hard to explain, like floating through space and time but it's so much you don't remember it all then you get spit out dazed and confused. So anyway you know I'm sort experienced in these kinda trips not to mention the ones on dph and datura (not fun, but I kept it together fairly well). I love hallucinogens (not datura or dph) they're the most fun imo (opiates are still my DOC) but they also teach you a lot. So my questions about ketamine are...

-Should I start a little low to get used to the drug. Or should I try for the K-hole my first time
-Could it make me become violent, like PCP supposedly does?
-If I have any when I try it (been out for a week or so :( ) should I smoke weed during the trip to make it stronger like DXM?

Thats pretty much everything I really hope someone can help.
If You are planning to K hole, I recommend working Your way up to it.

I doubt You will get violent , depending on what kind of person You are.

I dont think You will have enough time to even smoke weed if You do enough.

Alright thanks for the reply. Working my way up probably is a good idea. If the stuff I'm getting is usable I'll have plenty to try before I go for it, try to get used to the feeling without building a tolerance. I'm not a violent person (except when I'm defending myself of people I care about) so I should be fine, just paranoid about anything remotely similar to PCP because the (most likely not even true) horror stories.

Do you think it'll be usable if it's in gel?