• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone ever had an unlimited opioids script?

You must be in Canada on the safe supply program. Myself I receive 20 D8’s 350 mg kadian per day
Yes, I am in Ottawa. I get 240 mgs of methadone per day as well as 80 mgs of methylphenidate per day. I was also getting 600 mg's of Kadian, but, I tapered off as I felt it really wasnt adding anything valuable to my med regimen

I'm sure someone on here has had to have ruined their life from an unlimited opioids script lol. I bet it fucking sucks ironically. The urge to just constantly pop candy pills like it is insane. Most oxy addicts at least have the difficulty of sustaining their lifestyle due to how costly it is. So, the financial limitations of opioid addicts probably do better than worse in the end. When you can't help yourself after a time and take 30 milligram blues 11 times a day you kind of realize the misery of it all. Would be quite the ride though until the end.
I was a nurse in a pain clinic. The only nurse for the doctor writing crazy amounts of opioids. He would go on vacation for 3 weeks at a time twice a year, he would leave me like 5 signed rx pads to write everyone’s oxy based meds cause I could just call in hydrocodone.

Yeah im not a nurse anymore…

You’ve got it. Precision medicine for the individual I guess would be a better term.
That’s rad. It’s like when I had cancer they did the DNA mapping for me to see which chemo I would respond to better. It must have worked because I’ve been in remission for a year this month from stage 4 pancreatic cancer. The fight was brutal but it was worth it. So thank you for everything you’re doing making the world a better place.

I was a nurse in a pain clinic. The only nurse for the doctor writing crazy amounts of opioids. He would go on vacation for 3 weeks at a time twice a year, he would leave me like 5 signed rx pads to write everyone’s oxy based meds cause I could just call in hydrocodone.

Yeah im not a nurse anymore…

LMFAO!

I'm going to assume what you're implying was quite the ride though before getting fired.

Not I.
But I know of 3 people who do and they were my connections when I was on pills.

One guy (my favorite) had been seriously injured in his bricklaying job many years ago and was on disability. He got unlimited oxy 20s and extended release oxy 40s. He'd sell me half his pills every month.

My back-up was an old lady who always had hydro 10s. She knew 2 people who were prescribed them and she bought their entire script every month. I don't know their stories but they were old. I always thought it was kinda sad that old folks had to sell their pain meds to make ends meet.
When I was buying off the streets, I used to know an older couple that I bought from who sold their pain meds so they could afford other necessary meds & pay a few bills. Though I was happy they did at the time, it really is sad. There are a lot more like that than people realize.

I'm sure someone on here has had to have ruined their life from an unlimited opioids script lol. I bet it fucking sucks ironically. The urge to just constantly pop candy pills like it is insane. Most oxy addicts at least have the difficulty of sustaining their lifestyle due to how costly it is. So, the financial limitations of opioid addicts probably do better than worse in the end. When you can't help yourself after a time and take 30 milligram blues 11 times a day you kind of realize the misery of it all. Would be quite the ride though until the end.
I completely understand what you’re saying & agree, but at the same time being through some wicked sickness, you’ll do almost anything to not be sick anymore! I’m sure you know it’s not like any other sickness! The program seems reckless & dangerous imo, but it has probably stopped a lot of people from robbing & killing to maintain their addiction. I’ve heard different news reports over the years here in the states about addicts who’ve beaten an elderly person to death &, if you can believe it, worse in order to get their meds & not be sick. Personally, I never thought about hurting anyone, but there are a lot of addicts with much worse mental problems than I have & some with no conscience who were sociapaths before becoming addicts, besides that it numbs your emotions so that you don’t care about things as much. So I can see the benefits & the pitfalls of such a program. Even now being in a MMT program, im still an addict, & hearing about Canada being so easy to get all that makes me start doing figures in my head & wondering how hard it would be to move to Canada😂 I wouldn’t, I love my family & have a great life, all things considered, but once an addict always an addict!

When I was buying off the streets, I used to know an older couple that I bought from who sold their pain meds so they could afford other necessary meds & pay a few bills. Though I was happy they did at the time, it really is sad. There are a lot more like that than people realize.
Yeah, that’s a side of poverty/addiction/chronic health that I was very intimate with when I was using. It was good at the time, but thinking about it now… They must have been really struggling to make it in old age.

i didn’t have unlimited but was prescribed 80 mgs methadone and 270 mgs roxy and 4mg alprazolam per day. i’m actually just over a decade off all benzodiazepines and opiates at this point. I dropped the opiates first and then a week later dropped the benzos. I was in acute withdrawal for a year and a quarter and PAWS even following that. The whole detox was truely fkn BRUTAL but so worth it. Back then I was taking all that and felling way worse 95% of time then I feel 95% all of the time now.

Plus the paradoxical effect really starts to kick in.. you never see someone in more pain then someone treated chronically long term with opioids and people who are treated chronically long term with benzodiazepines often experience significantly elevated anxiety. However it doesn’t often seem this way to the person experiencing the paradoxical effect as administering the medication still relieves the symptoms, but the relief from a significantly increased level caused by our systems adjustment to the chronic use of the medication. I remember i stubbed my toe about a week and a half into withdrawal and almost passed out, dropped to the garage floor and pretty much started crying the shit hurt so bad.

I think when you get up to such high doses and tolerance you’re mostly your just taking it to feel normal as opposed to getting high. A buddy i ran with at that time said opiate dependence is “the worst thing ever”. Just being a slave to it.. always needing it, the way it consumes your life.. the misery of the times you don’t have it.. the week before your reup appointment. It’s just a never ending monthly repeating cycle of feast, maintenance and then misery. Repeat. Wild horses couldn’t drag me back to that shit.

Last edited:
I had near unlimited when i had a 150mg morphine script and was using my moms 18mg hydromorph contins when she didnt need them anymore. I ws banging about 4 of those hydros every 4 hours on top of the morphine i was taking it was fucked

i didn’t have unlimited but was prescribed 80 mgs methadone and 270 mgs roxy and 4mg alprazolam per day. i’m actually just over a decade off all benzodiazepines and opiates at this point. I dropped the opiates first and then a week later dropped the benzos. I was in acute withdrawal for a year and a quarter and PAWS even following that. The whole detox was truely fkn BRUTAL but so worth it. Back then I was taking all that and felling way worse 95% of time then I feel 95% all of the time now.

Plus the paradoxical effect really starts to kick in.. you never see someone in more pain then someone treated chronically long term with opioids and people who are treated chronically long term with benzodiazepines often experience significantly elevated anxiety. However it doesn’t often seem this way to the person experiencing the paradoxical effect as administering the medication still relieves the symptoms, but the relief from a significantly increased level caused by our systems adjustment to the chronic use of the medication. I remember i stubbed my toe about a week and a half into withdrawal and almost passed out, dropped to the garage floor and pretty much started crying the shit hurt so bad.

I think when you get up to such high doses and tolerance you’re mostly your just taking it to feel normal as opposed to getting high. A buddy i ran with at that time said opiate dependence is “the worst thing ever”. Just being a slave to it.. always needing it, the way it consumes your life.. the misery of the times you don’t have it.. the week before your reup appointment. It’s just a never ending monthly repeating cycle of feast, maintenance and then misery. Repeat. Wild horses couldn’t drag me back to that shit.

That is quite a lot. What confuses me is does the roxy even do anything on methadone? Pretty sure the built in barrier for methadone is nearly impossible to break through--especially with pills. If the roxy pill did still provide pain relief on methadone then I would be surprised to know that.

That is quite a lot. What confuses me is does the roxy even do anything on methadone? Pretty sure the built in barrier for methadone is nearly impossible to break through--especially with pills. If the roxy pill did still provide pain relief on methadone then I would be surprised to know that.

It was able to break through and they were prescribed together with the roxy for breakthrough pain.

It's not bupe. Mehadone + other opiates combos are possible. Too dangerous often. And I don't necessary mean combo itself, if done carefully ofc, but going by path more than few ventured. Getting on methadone to stop heroin or some other opiate and end up combining them instead substituting. Only reason why it isn't really common is that people usually get tested.
Methadone essentially "blocks" other opiates simply by building huge tolerance cuz addict often gets prescribed more than equivalent dose of opiate they used. And ofc having very high affinity is needed to accomplish that it overpowers other opiates.
I personally without tolerance tried combo of methadone and smoked opium and it was great. And with tolerance I tried it with morphine and that wasn't impressive at all.

It's not bupe. Mehadone + other opiates combos are possible. Too dangerous often. And I don't necessary mean combo itself, if done carefully ofc, but going by path more than few ventured. Getting on methadone to stop heroin or some other opiate and end up combining them instead substituting. Only reason why it isn't really common is that people usually get tested.
Methadone essentially "blocks" other opiates simply by building huge tolerance cuz addict often gets prescribed more than equivalent dose of opiate they used. And ofc having very high affinity is needed to accomplish that it overpowers other opiates.
I personally without tolerance tried combo of methadone and smoked opium and it was great. And with tolerance I tried it with morphine and that wasn't impressive at all.

Oh, I see what you're saying. For someone like me--even in the peak of my pill abuse having a steady supply of 4 blue roxy 30's per day about 3 years ago something like methadone would have had me drooling and sedated with paranoia thinking I had overdosed lol. Not in a judgemental way or anything, its just insane how high some people's tolerance can get and even then, they are still able to catch a buzz off things that would easily kill normal people.

I know someone on nalexone (spelling?) that tries to break through the barrier sometimes and calculates the time period that the vivitrol shots weaken. Methadone must be very different from that.

I'll say this. I've never had an unlimited prescription for opioids, but there was one period in my life where I had essentially unlimited sources for most things (talking continuity of supply, not quantity), including ample, ample powder heroin and oxymorphone, and money wasn't unlimited of course, but there was PLENTY of it. It was hands down the most tumultuous, unsatisfying, chaotic, empty and depressed period of my life.

Suboxone scripts are basically that. They prescribe you enough suboxone to last a year for one month

Sorry for the double post, didn't read all the way through the thread first, but yeah, basically. If the factor I have is correct, my daily prescribed bupe dose - 16mg, though I'm down to 12 on taper now - is like 1,200mg MME. Shit is insane, after I first inducted into a clinic and was set at 8mg/day and it proved insufficient, the doc was pushing like hell to jump me all the way to 24 immediately, at my first dosage consult, and that it "wasn't totally out of the question to go a little higher later on."

Politely told him to fuck off. Knew I was signing up for chemical handcuffs, didn't necessarily want a goddamn sublingual straight jacket. Buuut, I ended up with one anyway lol.

Sorry for the double post, didn't read all the way through the thread first, but yeah, basically. If the factor I have is correct, my daily prescribed bupe dose - 16mg, though I'm down to 12 on taper now - is like 1,200mg MME. Shit is insane, after I first inducted into a clinic and was set at 8mg/day and it proved insufficient, the doc was pushing like hell to jump me all the way to 24 immediately, at my first dosage consult, and that it "wasn't totally out of the question to go a little higher later on."

Politely told him to fuck off. Knew I was signing up for chemical handcuffs, didn't necessarily want a goddamn sublingual straight jacket. Buuut, I ended up with one anyway lol.
I was constipated and had bloody, painful movements towards the end of being on 16mg Suboxone. This continued for a long time, until I started using heavy laxatives. This is usually the consequence of using opioids daily.

Daily, in a product called Biphentin we have here in Canada. Its a capsule with wax beads similar to Kadian or Hydromorph Contin etc. (not sure u guys even got Hydromorph Contin there?) The 80 mg methylphenidate capsule is formulated to release 40% of the dose IR and 60% ER
We do have HMCont though rare. Mainly IR, 2,4,8 mg

Yes for the rest of my life and it's killing me quicker then MS