• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone ever had an unlimited opioids script?

You’ve got it. Precision medicine for the individual I guess would be a better term.
see alsotapered lol that explanation makes sense to everyone LOL jk my years of being a TA and teaching... as the both of you have done during your graduate ventures.

I recall some patents from the 90s in which drugs that could be metabolized by multiple liver enzymes were designed. By a simple blood test, the ratio of metabolites would reveal the activity of the patients liver enzymes so that choice and dosage of medication could be adjusted.

There is nothing new under the sun. We refine, refine, refine...
Crispr would beg to differ

Crispr would beg to differ

CRISPR simply allows more precise mutations. After all, it was simply was adapted from a naturally occurring genome editing system that bacteria use as an immune defense. It's not unknown in nature...

Just because we haven't seen a given mutation in nature does not mean it hasn't happened.

I have a chronic pain condition and have full access to whatever I need. I keep fentanyl lollies for bad dislocations for example. I was on daily high dose tapentadol both ER and IR and decided that due to opioid induced hyperalgesia (OIH) I needed to stop them and see where my actual pain level was at. After a few months my pain has significantly decreased and now I only use an IR when my pain is over a 7.

I feel much better in myself, im brighter, more present and definitely not as depressed as I was when I was taking daily opioids.

Yeah, feeling like I reached the point of the unavoidable depression. Daily use on and onnnn just makes the depression (probably created by all the artificial endorphins messing with the brain's natural wiring) is horrendous. Its ironic because people abuse opiates to alleviate depression > it causes a permanent depression that is only relieved for the slight moments of euphoria from a redose.

Idk I use to fantasize about an unlimited script and especially in the earlier days, but now I just see that even for a celebrity who could easily afford 20 years of unlimited painkiillers how opiate addiction would still destroy your mental health even without any threats of withdrawals in those 20 years lol. I would categorize my use in life as at worst a moderate junkie here and there. Some people take it to thousands of milligrams daily but even long ago when I was at 80-120 mgs daily, I started to really notice the crippling depression not going away ever. I'm sure every addict has fantasized about having an unlimited *whatever supply of their favorite drug.* I'm sure there have been plenty of instances where this did. Willing to bet every person died from it, or lived in hell until they quit. There's no line to really stop someone from taking it to the edge considering how humans get with greed.

I don't know at which point in the timeline/use it turns to permanent depression. Probably some point in the body's testosterone depletion (even as a woman this step in the addiction seems to be inevitable). You just feel this despair throughout the entire 24/hour period unless its the peak of your dose's next high. Maybe at best for 2 hours after taking a decent amount will you feel "good." As soon as the effects taper, the depression again pours in again. Guess you could compare it to "Dante's inferno" cycle where every time you relapse, you just reach this point in opiate abuse again as long as you continue to use. I don't think there's anything really that could prevent the long term damage on a body's hormone system. When you have low tolerance, the opiate/opioid feeling probably blows people's minds away. That can go on for a long time lol.. but it always leads to that never-ending depression when daily use is involved. For so many people still, the depression is worth it. People will easily trade long-term permanent depression with some moments of euphoria scattered throughout over being sober so... not like it matters to notice what's going on all the time. I've had an insane amount of opioids at least twice in my life. Both times through I always was shocked that it truly was never nearly as good as I thought it would be lol. Waste of fucking money. Each time that occurred, I was kind of just hoping for the stash to end so the depression would just go away fully. I guess if you truly had terrible chronic pain, the depression wouldn't really matter right? You'd just be in way too much physical pain to live the day-to-day. I'm going to apply to full-time jobs this summer and all of them include regular drug testing. Its going to be sad to retire my illicit drug habits over the past few years but probably for the best. Its sad that I can probably only smoke weed and drink.

@MsDiz Wow I have actually never heard of that disease until just now.. It's basically the tissue connecting joints is weakened so you're prone to all sorts of ailments/injuries? I suppose in the grand scheme of things there are worse health conditions to live with lol. Glad you've got an oxy script at least XD

Last edited:
You know - it's this kind of abuse of the system that has seen prescribing being tightened up. In the US man genuine patients had their scripts cut dead because too many OCs were making their way to the streets.

I've been at pains to stick exactly to my prescribed dose and not wishing to be dependent on any more of a medicine than I absolutely have to. I mean, I'm old and have severe physical injuries, but I still do not lie to my doctor nor to my consultant as I am relying on their trust in me to ensure that they will continue to support me.

Its an exhausted topic but painkillers as a whole will always produce addicts > psychologically dependent or physically dependent. There is no way to sort out the difference between the two. Its well-known now that plenty of people warp the system to score pills from a recreational perspective, but I don't agree with what the USA is doing by cutting off as many people possible. A portion of the people without scripts right now genuinely have severe chronic pain. The point of opioids is to help those people lol. I don't know what they can do or what they will do going forward.. but I definitely 100% do not trust the USA to do the right thing. They never do the right thing when it comes to opioids. Rarely ever. Even addiction treatment data is just looked at and thrown in the trash. Its ridiculous that they can't even administer suboxone right.

I think that saying always isn’t right. Very often but not even in most cases. I know a lot of people who used it for pain and stopped without problems. In fact I really a lot people where I live at some point in life get tramadol or codeine for pain and don’t get addicted to them. Sure if oxy was prescribed in place of those in many cases like it does/was in USA it would cause part of those to get hooked. But those people I know had no interest in abusing opiods at all and that might have prevented them from having real problems even if they got oxy.

I also met quite a few people who either stopped using opiods recreationally after honey moon with heroin or some other strong opiod (unfortunately at least as many whose honey moon turned to hell) and more people who use opiods as a rare treat without increasing frequency after years, even decades (and most of those are both experienced with many drugs and seen how bad opiod addiction can get so that helped). Unfortunately when it comes to recreational use of opiods really many don’t fall into those categories but rather eventually end up really addicted, on needle and so on. Exact ratio of those who didn’t get burned (too bad) by opiods and those whose life was destroyed by same I can only guess.

But even with that said I think opiods should be best treated as – not even once – and not taking into consideration question should one try heroin. Even in my personal experience, reason why I didn’t listen to people, both irl and online telling me how I’ll end up addicted was at least in part fuelled by me reading online how many people supposedly manage to use opiods responsibly. And to someone like young me used to be, reading this I would point out that for every such “responsible user” you get ten or hundred of addicts who used to think they can manage opiods and once were that “responsible user”.

I think that saying always isn’t right. Very often but not even in most cases. I know a lot of people who used it for pain and stopped without problems. In fact I really a lot people where I live at some point in life get tramadol or codeine for pain and don’t get addicted to them. Sure if oxy was prescribed in place of those in many cases like it does/was in USA it would cause part of those to get hooked. But those people I know had no interest in abusing opiods at all and that might have prevented them from having real problems even if they got oxy.

I also met quite a few people who either stopped using opiods recreationally after honey moon with heroin or some other strong opiod (unfortunately at least as many whose honey moon turned to hell) and more people who use opiods as a rare treat without increasing frequency after years, even decades (and most of those are both experienced with many drugs and seen how bad opiod addiction can get so that helped). Unfortunately when it comes to recreational use of opiods really many don’t fall into those categories but rather eventually end up really addicted, on needle and so on. Exact ratio of those who didn’t get burned (too bad) by opiods and those whose life was destroyed by same I can only guess.

But even with that said I think opiods should be best treated as – not even once – and not taking into consideration question should one try heroin. Even in my personal experience, reason why I didn’t listen to people, both irl and online telling me how I’ll end up addicted was at least in part fuelled by me reading online how many people supposedly manage to use opiods responsibly. And to someone like young me used to be, reading this I would point out that for every such “responsible user” you get ten or hundred of addicts who used to think they can manage opiods and once were that “responsible user”.

That's a good point. Not everyone will have the same path downwards to the inevitable dead end wall. You don't often hear about people who don't become full-blown addicted to opioids/opiates because they don't mention their history of use. Only people talking about it are probably the ones with huge dependency issues or to warn others about the same end result happening to them.

Just a general question because I thankfully don't really have heroin experience nor do I have any interest in acquiring that.. but is it really possible for someone to control their heroin use long term? I've heard of people being able to keep a lid on their h use until they found pure heroin *at best* case scenario. For whatever reasons, even more than opioids it looks like heroin is just something that I've never heard people having discipline in using (especially long term). I don't recommend heroin unless you want to ruin your life as fast as possible lol...

Just a general question because I thankfully don't really have heroin experience nor do I have any interest in acquiring that.. but is it really possible for someone to control their heroin use long term? I've heard of people being able to keep a lid on their h use until they found pure heroin *at best* case scenario. For whatever reasons, even more than opioids it looks like heroin is just something that I've never heard people having discipline in using (especially long term). I don't recommend heroin unless you want to ruin your life as fast as possible lol...
Well I’ll tell you my experience and of some people I know. I used heroin so far maybe 30 times or so over time-span of many, many, many years. Never longer than a few days at a time. I managed to do so because of person I shared it with, caution to neither allow even glimpse of tolerance increase not to say WD, not really having it as a drug of choice (at a time my drug of choice was mostly some psychedelic and weed) and never getting myself into situation where I have any kind of stash. I would get addicted if I had enough all the time with me, I know it. I also never used it I.V.

Some other people I know who played or play with heroin and (still) didn’t fall into it’s jaws all have different stories. I met a guy who used a lot of it, for a long time and stopped when his life improved, he was addicted but stopping for him was nowhere near horror story you would expect from daily use of nearly pure H (only snorted it). I have a friend who would still occasionally use H, but isn’t satisfied with quality he can get atm, same friend gave his and his gf’s stash for someone to hold as soon as he felt their use is spiralling out of control. I have a friend who used H for 3 months, stopped and ever since rarely uses opiods at all, person he was using it ended using I.V. for many years. I have a few friends who only ever used or still use it just on very rare occasions. Like people mostly using drugs beside weed only on festivals, they so don’t mind in such occasion getting heroin (or opium). Are we all still destined to be really fucked with opiods (I had my share with morphine but surprisingly stopping it was a peace of cake compared to benzos), idk, can’t see that happening to everyone I mentioned.

What’s more important for every person I mentioned I met at least a few who ended up in a very bad relationship with H (I’m talking only irl to not complicate it) and I can tell you what’s common for almost all of those, I.V. use! Not a single person I know who got by relatively unharmed with H used it I.V., not a single one. Another thing common to those rather unharmed is that most of us, certainly significant majority of us saw what H can do to a person and have/had addicted friends, one thing is reading about it and another thing is first hand seeing how H creates a crooked or sick addict out of great people. That’s a thing in my country, after and during war many, many people got addicted to H and on the other side you mostly had folks really hating addicts or at best fearing them or feeling disgust. When H fall out of popularity (some died, some went in rehabs, some got to maintenance, some got busted, more other drugs got winder popularity etc.) new breed of users from mine and generations around mine was a lot more careful and never could have looked H trough the pink eyeglasses like some before us did.

Well I’ll tell you my experience and of some people I know. I used heroin so far maybe 30 times or so over time-span of many, many, many years. Never longer than a few days at a time. I managed to do so because of person I shared it with, caution to neither allow even glimpse of tolerance increase not to say WD, not really having it as a drug of choice (at a time my drug of choice was mostly some psychedelic and weed) and never getting myself into situation where I have any kind of stash. I would get addicted if I had enough all the time with me, I know it. I also never used it I.V.

Some other people I know who played or play with heroin and (still) didn’t fall into it’s jaws all have different stories. I met a guy who used a lot of it, for a long time and stopped when his life improved, he was addicted but stopping for him was nowhere near horror story you would expect from daily use of nearly pure H (only snorted it). I have a friend who would still occasionally use H, but isn’t satisfied with quality he can get atm, same friend gave his and his gf’s stash for someone to hold as soon as he felt their use is spiralling out of control. I have a friend who used H for 3 months, stopped and ever since rarely uses opiods at all, person he was using it ended using I.V. for many years. I have a few friends who only ever used or still use it just on very rare occasions. Like people mostly using drugs beside weed only on festivals, they so don’t mind in such occasion getting heroin (or opium). Are we all still destined to be really fucked with opiods (I had my share with morphine but surprisingly stopping it was a peace of cake compared to benzos), idk, can’t see that happening to everyone I mentioned.

What’s more important for every person I mentioned I met at least a few who ended up in a very bad relationship with H (I’m talking only irl to not complicate it) and I can tell you what’s common for almost all of those, I.V. use! Not a single person I know who got by relatively unharmed with H used it I.V., not a single one. Another thing common to those rather unharmed is that most of us, certainly significant majority of us saw what H can do to a person and have/had addicted friends, one thing is reading about it and another thing is first hand seeing how H creates a crooked or sick addict out of great people. That’s a thing in my country, after and during war many, many people got addicted to H and on the other side you mostly had folks really hating addicts or at best fearing them or feeling disgust. When H fall out of popularity (some died, some went in rehabs, some got to maintenance, some got busted, more other drugs got winder popularity etc.) new breed of users from mine and generations around mine was a lot more careful and never could have looked H trough the pink eyeglasses like some before us did.

Hardcore agree. I have absolutely no interest or desire to become a raging heroin addict or even dabble in it recreationally here and there. I've seen people lose every single positive quality or personality trait while they were dependent on heroin for even brief periods of time. None of them quit on their own accord and one actually almost died before the narcan saved her bitch ass off the floor. There's nothing that heroin can do for me besides ruin my life and probably kill me so... It seems like usually that's how the story goes for people. Strangely I cannot stand downers so the small exceptions in time that I have tried H via the snorty snort.. I genuinely hated the effects and experienced zero euphoria. Its difficult to become addicted to something you do not enjoy every time. Ironically downers are my most hated substances & I cannot see the joy in becoming a sloth.

Imagine the amount of constipation if you had an unlimited opioid script. :)
Depends on the person, I've used high doses of morph everyday for months on end before and my body would get used to it. Still I wouldn't go as often but it wasn't a problem tbh.

Sticking to some rules when it comes to opiods played a huge roll in myself not getting into nearly as bad position as one would expect after hearing about my use. One of rules I try to stick to is that if even with healthy food good for digestion and maybe something like fig with extract of some plant that helps with constipation I still can’t shit I pause use, if needed I wait until WDs start in I still do so rather than giving my body literally more shit to deal with with all the other destructive and bad consequences of my lifestyle. Just that one simple thing can significantly help with rising tolerance or getting so addicted you end up with really bad WDs as even if you instead of in the morning take your next dose at night it makes a difference and if you skip a day or so every once in a while even better. And as I manage to lower my pain by other means but opiods benefits from decreasing frequency of use get bigger and bigger and eventually I’ll get back to the point where I can really enjoy opiods like I used to (not often enough to cause addiction or increase in tolerance).

I can appreciate your viewpoint. I mean it's exactly why I'm quitting opioids. It's not the same as a proper full agonist, but I have gone years at a time where I never ran out of kratom, it's that affordable a habit.

The problem with opioids is that the cognitive/mental euphoria can be gone/dulled very shortly after only a few uses. But it's really not the mental euphoria of opioids that is the issue. It's hard, damn near impossible for some, whether your use is recreational or for a chronic ailment, to let go of that warm blanket that soothes your physical fatigue of this omnipotent universe.

I just want to get to a point in my life when I can have a loving, healthy relationship with opioids, use one occasionally if I'd like. And I have made remarkable progress. 3-4 years ago I was snorting a gram or two of heroin every couple days, pretending nothing was wrong with my life because I was holding the job down, keeping the bills paid. But mentally the stress of financially maintaining that habit, and having a wife and kitties depending on me, I think all of that, did some damage to me that you won't find in any track mark. But even in this amount of time I was like a child then. I was simply not ready to settle down, and I simply didn't have my priorities in line. I don't know how long I got away with it as I did.

My marriage fell apart over a lot of different things, and it's hard to boil them all down. And it's not really something I prefer to do in public at any rate. In some ways there can be parallels drawn between love and drugs, once one becomes tolerant, and their need for chemical validation (literally the same as physical validation in some ways) become more taxing and more convoluted. Marriages get compassion fatigue, and junkies get junkie fatigue. Just don't wanna do it no mo

Sorry. Went on a tangent. But this DC mf whatchu claimin
I quite enjoyed this tangent. Hits home for a lot of people. I’m going through the guilt of introducing my wife to certain hard drugs, well, mainly just coke and oxys, that im starting to become severely depressed. Just as I became proud of my self for limiting my Oxy usage with a legal script, and completely cut out cocaine, I found out she has been sneaking around with a bag of Britney. Smh. The sex is great. But I’ve created a monster

Sticking to some rules when it comes to opiods played a huge roll in myself not getting into nearly as bad position as one would expect after hearing about my use. One of rules I try to stick to is that if even with healthy food good for digestion and maybe something like fig with extract of some plant that helps with constipation I still can’t shit I pause use, if needed I wait until WDs start in I still do so rather than giving my body literally more shit to deal with with all the other destructive and bad consequences of my lifestyle. Just that one simple thing can significantly help with rising tolerance or getting so addicted you end up with really bad WDs as even if you instead of in the morning take your next dose at night it makes a difference and if you skip a day or so every once in a while even better. And as I manage to lower my pain by other means but opiods benefits from decreasing frequency of use get bigger and bigger and eventually I’ll get back to the point where I can really enjoy opiods like I used to (not often enough to cause addiction or increase in tolerance).
Strong work you have done there! Yea, I have noticed if I take my morning dose after a light workout, and then I holdout for 12 hours or so until I am in a bit of WD, it does wonders to my tolerance and the affect of the drug. This is when I am in actual physical pain.. when I have no pain what so ever, I don’t mind micro dosing psilocybin to help with the mild WD’s. If I need to, I’ll take .25mg of a strip of suboxone. I hate to take it, but with that low amount I can easily go back to oxys when my pain comes back. This make sense?

Im
Define unlimited. I was a chronic pain patient throughout 2021. Three 10mg Vicodin every day, they gave me a month's worth at a time. NEVER did random UAs like they said they would. I was constantly nervous, like when I was on probation. They did give me UAs at appointments to make sure the opiates were in my system.

They stopped my treatment when my mental health prescriber gave me klonopin. So I have to choose between pain and anxiety, which one is worse. Currently it is anxiety. They will NOT give me pain meds while I'm on benzos, to "cover their ass due to risk of respiratory depression."
Im so sorry.. sucks you have to choose like that. Thank goodness for my doc, he has me on Oxy, Lorazepam, and Adderall when needed. Im sorry, what is a UA?