• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone ever had an unlimited opioids script?

@MsDiz
May I PM ?
I also have hEDS, but I'm a bit of a recluse and have never talked to another sufferer.(well....I used to have a penfriend with Marfans)
I can go weeks without seeing anyone except my partner and could really do with some understanding.

Strong work you have done there! Yea, I have noticed if I take my morning dose after a light workout, and then I holdout for 12 hours or so until I am in a bit of WD, it does wonders to my tolerance and the affect of the drug. This is when I am in actual physical pain.. when I have no pain what so ever, I don’t mind micro dosing psilocybin to help with the mild WD’s. If I need to, I’ll take .25mg of a strip of suboxone. I hate to take it, but with that low amount I can easily go back to oxys when my pain comes back. This make sense?
Sure it makes sense. My relationship with opiods changes a lot depending if I’m using them for pain or just to get high and also if I’m leading a healthy lifestyle or not is also crucial in how good they’ll work and how bad/fast habit forms.

Where I live their have actually been studies done where addicts are given as much pure heroin as they want, most people reached an upper limit, I cant remember exactly how much it was but I think it was something like 1.5 grams/day

@MsDiz
May I PM ?
I also have hEDS, but I'm a bit of a recluse and have never talked to another sufferer.(well....I used to have a penfriend with Marfans)
I can go weeks without seeing anyone except my partner and could really do with some understanding.
You can send a PM of course.

Damn, I think the Canadian safe supply program seems like unlimited opiates. Even a limited opiate supply like methadone or whatever is as sweet as it gets. I guess what every country needs is drug booths in the city with 1€$ 24mg hydromorphs or whatever.

I am on the Safe Supply program. I get 240 mgs of methadone for fentanyl/opioid addiction and 80 mgs of methylphenidate for my stimulant habit. I was also on high dose Kadian ER morphine but tapered off. I have also been offered 8 mg Dilaudids, but Im currently in a treatment center which doesnt allow Dilaudid for whatever reason. almost everyone I know gets 30 of the 8 mg Dilaudid per day along with their daily methadone, ad well as some form of methylphenidate or vyvanse/adderall/dexedrine

Suboxone scripts are basically that. They prescribe you enough suboxone to last a year for one month
True enough, but here in Canada they've been approved to write Hydromorphone,Fentanyl patches,Diacetyl Morphine (Heroin), High dose ER morphine, stimulant meds as well as benzos to people who are addicted to drugs (though ive personally not seen Heroin or Fent scripts yet just the others i mentioned) . It because our drug supply has become so unpredictable and tainted......when you buy "Down" its almost always an unpredictable amount of fentanyl and/or fent analogs or isotanitezine mixed with a very unsafe amount of unscheduled benzodiazepines like bromazolam or flualprazolam. So where i get my safe supply up the street from where I live, you can go pick up ur daily Rx of a methadone dose, along with 30 of the 8 mg dilaudid tabs and any other meds your ssafe supply doctor has deemed fit, walk up the street another 30 seconds to the safe injection site, where you sit in a booth to inject your drugs while being monitored by nurses who can act in case of an overdose. Ive seen alot of lives saved at the injection site

Last edited:
I am on the Safe Supply program. I get 240 mgs of methadone for fentanyl/opioid addiction and 80 mgs of methylphenidate for my stimulant habit. I was also on high dose Kadian ER morphine but tapered off. I have also been offered 8 mg Dilaudids, but Im currently in a treatment center which doesnt allow Dilaudid for whatever reason. almost everyone I know gets 30 of the 8 mg Dilaudid per day along with their daily methadone, ad well as some form of methylphenidate or vyvanse/adderall/dexedrine
80mgs of methylphenidate weekly? Daily?

80mgs of methylphenidate weekly? Daily?
Daily, in a product called Biphentin we have here in Canada. Its a capsule with wax beads similar to Kadian or Hydromorph Contin etc. (not sure u guys even got Hydromorph Contin there?) The 80 mg methylphenidate capsule is formulated to release 40% of the dose IR and 60% ER

Not I.
But I know of 3 people who do and they were my connections when I was on pills.

One guy (my favorite) had been seriously injured in his bricklaying job many years ago and was on disability. He got unlimited oxy 20s and extended release oxy 40s. He'd sell me half his pills every month.

My back-up was an old lady who always had hydro 10s. She knew 2 people who were prescribed them and she bought their entire script every month. I don't know their stories but they were old. I always thought it was kinda sad that old folks had to sell their pain meds to make ends meet.

True enough, but here in Canada they've been approved to write Hydromorphone,Fentanyl patches,Diacetyl Morphine (Heroin), High dose ER morphine,

That’s nice but what sickens me is that if you’re about to put a bullet in your head from chronic pain and have all the records to prove it they still won’t prescribe you shit.

At least that’s what Canadians in r/chronicpain say on Reddit.

Similar to the US…drug addicts get massive amounts of opioids prescribed to them and the people that are suffering immensely with injury and disease get told to kick rocks

That’s nice but what sickens me is that if you’re about to put a bullet in your head from chronic pain and have all the records to prove it they still won’t prescribe you shit.

At least that’s what Canadians in r/chronicpain say on Reddit.

Similar to the US…drug addicts get massive amounts of opioids prescribed to them and the people that are suffering immensely with injury and disease get told to kick rocks
Thats Odd,.....every pain patient I know gets very good scripts. They prescribe Dilaudid for very minor surgeries and injuries where I am. For example, A family friend of mine, an older lady, went to have a mole removed and was given dilaudid. Every person I know with Cancer gets fentanyl patches for round the clock pain and instant release oxycodone/hydromorphone for breakthrough. My close friend is a chronic pain patient with a very bad back and gets a very generous morphine prescription. I think it depends on where you are and who your Dr is. but in my own personal experience (again only MY experience) is that Dr's here are very liberal both in addiction treatment and pain management.

Also, many pain patients dont have 3 near fatal overdoses every week,(the safe suply is a response to the massive epidemic of fatal overdoses from a tainted illicit drug supply,) stemming from unresolved mental health issues dues to poor mental health resources, as most addicts do. contrary to popular belief, Ive found drugs are not the problem in addiction. It's a mental health issue, and drug abuse is a symptom or problem that arises from the untreated mental illness. Im in treatment trying to get off drugs, and Ive realized I dont have a drug problem, I have a ME problem. Simply quitting use and being abstinent wouldnt do anything for my mental health problems. Its has to be treated at the source.

Just a thought, but maybe some doctors feel a massive percentage of fentanyl addicts start out with opioids prescribed to them for pain, and maybe their line of thinking is they dont want to turn these ppl in pain into the mindless zombies wandering the streets on masse in my country. maybe they think its better to suffer a degree of pain and getting lighter narcotics is better than the pain of slowly deteriorating from addiction and ultimately dying. this last statement isnt my opinion, just a suggestion im making about their potential reasoning. My father had never touched an opioid in his life until his kidneys failed and he was put on dialysis. he was given 9 mg hydromorph contin capsules for ER and 4 mg dilaudid for IR. at the end of his life, he was using any opioid he could to avoid withdrawal, and could handle as much as 70 mgs of methadone. Maybe had he lived into the time of the fent epidemic he would have transitioned to street fent. who knows.

Also, this may be an extremely unpopular opinion, and may not be recieved so great by a lot of people, but as far as the chronic pain patients who happen to be the ones who dont get scripts that do the complaining goes......I've found there's typically a lot more to the story many (I stress this, NOT ALL) chronic pain patients omit a lot from the story when relaying these experiences. (being rude to doctors, not knowing how to communicate their needs clearly etc) every Dr I've known was almost always more then willing to hear a patients input into their own care plan. Furthermore, it sucks to hear, but I believe many (again NOT ALL) of the chronic pain patients who endlessly complain to anyone who will listen, are also themselvses closet addicts and are more angry about not getting the narcotics they want rather than the narcotics they actually need. I think many love not just the pain relief, but the accompanying euphoria, and though theyd deny it to the grave, have an underlying motive when trying to procure potent opioids, and become bitter when they cannot obtain what they want. for the people already addicted, e.g, refugees of the Oxycontin epidemic, the damage has already been done. the opioids prescribed to the addicted are actually preventing fatalities, ppl are dying, whereas someone is not going to die from a bad back where a prescription for percocet or tramadol is seems to be adequate for every other patient in the same boat, except for the ones who complain on reddit. If people died from the pain of sprained ankles, obviously there would be far more outrage and im sure strong opioids would be prescribed in the same fashion. Its unfortunate they are in discomfort, but again, I find it odd that i have known those with stage 4 cancer where percocet and/or tramadol was enough for pain, yet there are those in situations much less severe who dont just ask or suggest options to their Dr, they actually demand extremely high powered abusable opioids, and then become enraged when they dont get something stronger than dilaudid.

Im sure everyones pain is different, but i live here in Canada, and both of my parents died from very painful conditions were prescribed adequate meds and never asked for more my mother never went past 20 mg Oxycontins and 10 mg IR oxycodone tabs despit having cancer of the lungs and brain. And again, having lived here my entire life, Its my opinion its not just as simple as "My Dr is a sadist who wants me to suffer". In fact my experiences is the opposite. from the things I read online, I regard our physicians as some of the most compassionate on the planet. How many times have any of us here addicted told our doctors our psychoactive medications just werent cutting it, when they in fact were, but we simply just wanted a higher dose or a more powerful medication because they feel good. I know I have, and know many many ppl who have done the same. I dont think pain patients are exempt from human behaviour and addictive patterns.

Im sure I may recieve some angry backlash to this post, but this is my experience, and my opinion based on that experience, (except for the places I simply made wild guesses and purposed hypothetical reasoning behing prescribing patterns)
and I have no apologies for it

Last edited:
Also, this may be an extremely unpopular opinion, and may not be recieved so great by a lot of people, but as far as the chronic pain patients who happen to be the ones who dont get scripts that do the complaining goes......I've found there's typically a lot more to the story many (I stress this, NOT ALL) chronic pain patients omit a lot from the story when relaying these experiences. (being rude to doctors, not knowing how to communicate their needs clearly etc) every Dr I've known was almost always more then willing to hear a patients input into their own care plan. Furthermore, it sucks to hear, but I believe many (again NOT ALL) of chronic pain patients are also themselvses closet addicts and are more angry about not getting the narcotics they want rather than the narcotics they actually need
It is possible to be in chronic physical pain from an accident or disease and Happen to have been an ex drug addict or current addict.

I was mainly a psychedelics alcohol and weed and sometimes coke used but chronic pain really opened the flood gates into my opioid addiction. It doesn’t mean the pain was pain non addict wouldn’t have felt.

As far as talking to pain doctors I know more about all the drugs and their pharmacology than the doctors so I can always talk my way into a script using that plus my diagnostic and surgery histories. Of course I 100% never tell them I’m a drug addict. I even said I never smoke weed if asked. I pass all piss tests because I have stored piss samples with ever combination of drug and metabolite I’ve been prescribed.

I’m in the most liberal area of America and probably as far as prescribing goes too. They haven’t even drug tested me in 3 years

But even someone that comes as correct as I do to a pain doctor I still cannot get anything decent. The only thing they prescribe is methadone. And if you happen to be on oxy the pharmacies always fuck you over and never give it to you

Now if you’re in the south or a very republican non-wealthy area you’re completely fucked there’s 78 yr old grandmas withdrawing every month because of their pharmacies doctor s and shortages and restrictions

It is possible to be in chronic physical pain from an accident or disease and Happen to have been an ex drug addict or current addict.

I was mainly a psychedelics alcohol and weed and sometimes coke used but chronic pain really opened the flood gates into my opioid addiction. It doesn’t mean the pain was pain non addict wouldn’t have felt.

As far as talking to pain doctors I know more about all the drugs and their pharmacology than the doctors so I can always talk my way into a script using that plus my diagnostic and surgery histories. Of course I 100% never tell them I’m a drug addict. I even said I never smoke weed if asked. I pass all piss tests because I have stored piss samples with ever combination of drug and metabolite I’ve been prescribed.

I’m in the most liberal area of America and probably as far as prescribing goes too. They haven’t even drug tested me in 3 years

But even someone that comes as correct as I do to a pain doctor I still cannot get anything decent. The only thing they prescribe is methadone. And if you happen to be on oxy the pharmacies always fuck you over and never give it to you
I agree totally. though I've also found some Dr's seem to resent the fact that ppl like you or I and many BL members know more about pharmacology then they do. Lets face it, Dr's are ppl, and some ppl are just fucking pricks.

I dont know what else to say other than the situation you describe sounds extremely unfair and not compassionate for ppls quality of life at all. people in legitamate pain deserve a good life too.
Hopefully boards like this, as well as intelligent individuals such as yourself will some day affect a change in society and medicine.

and i think here at least is,the view is currently active addicts seem to be the ones overdosing much more than the ex addicts.

The obvious solution for pain patients who feel they are under medicated in Canada would be to simply go to Safe Supply. I know a cpl ppl who have went to the Safer supply and explained that the underprescribing is driving them to the black market supply of drugs, which then also puts them at risk of overdose. They dont have to be an addict. someone forced to obtain black market opioids for severe pain are just as entitled to harm reduction practises, and the whole point of safe supply is to stop ppl from doing exactly what i just said, resorting to the illicit street supply that kills ppl. regardless if its for pain, or addiction or even recration. If someone tells the Safe Supply Dr they have been obtaining street fent, or blackmarket opioid tablets, which are often counterfiet and potentially just as dangerous, I cant't see them being turned away since. someone resorting to that route to treat undermedicated pain is as likely to overdose as someone forced to use it to avoid withdrawal symptoms I would say.

Last edited:
I agree totally. though I've also found some Dr's seem to resent the fact that ppl like you or I and many BL members know more about pharmacology then they do. Lets face it, Dr's are ppl, and some ppl are just fucking pricks.

I dont know what else to say other than the situation you describe sounds extremely unfair and not compassionate for ppls quality of life at all. people in legitamate pain deserve a good life too.
Hopefully boards like this, as well as intelligent individuals such as yourself will some day affect a change in society and medicine.

and i think here at least is,the view is currently active addicts seem to be the ones overdosing much more than the ex addicts.

The obvious solution for pain patients who feel they are under medicated in Canada would be to simply go to Safe Supply. I know a cpl ppl who have went to the Safer supply and explained that the underprescribing is driving them to the black market supply of drugs, which then also puts them at risk of overdose. They dont have to be an addict. someone forced to obtain black market opioids for severe pain are just as entitled to harm reduction practises, and the whole point of safe supply is to stop ppl from doing exactly what i just said, resorting to the illicit street supply that kills ppl. regardless if its for pain, or addiction or even recration. If someone tells the Safe Supply Dr they have been obtaining street fent, or blackmarket opioid tablets, which are often counterfiet and potentially just as dangerous, I cant't see them being turned away since. someone resorting to that route to treat undermedicated pain is as likely to overdose as someone forced to use it to avoid withdrawal symptoms I would say.
Well we see it different in America, people in pain are faking it and drug addicts, or if we give them some norco they will end up shooting fentanyl into their neck, and only drug addicts without any consideration for pain issues get as much methadone as they want.

It really sucks here let me tell you. I mean it’s great in some ways (weather, canadas sucks) but the people here and especially the people in charge are so stupid.

I'm sure someone on here has had to have ruined their life from an unlimited opioids script lol. I bet it fucking sucks ironically. The urge to just constantly pop candy pills like it is insane. Most oxy addicts at least have the difficulty of sustaining their lifestyle due to how costly it is. So, the financial limitations of opioid addicts probably do better than worse in the end. When you can't help yourself after a time and take 30 milligram blues 11 times a day you kind of realize the misery of it all. Would be quite the ride though until the end.

I was given unlimited morphine and unlimited dilaudid, simultaneously, when I was in 10/10 pain without it due to an autoimmune condition. This repeated once a year for about 10 years and got so bad I nearly died a handful of times.

Strangely, I only became physically addicted in the final year, but I never became psychologically addicted.

You must be in Canada on the safe supply program. Myself I receive 20 D8’s 350 mg kadian per day

Having basically unlimited access while treating and after 3rd degree burns is what made me truly dislike opioids. All the mystique is removed and you realize it’s a job YOU PAY that fucks yo your intestines. Currently tapering off atm for these very reasons.