• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Any 40+ year olds here enjoy ecstasy?

I had my first roll at 50. It was something that I'd wanted to do since mdma first became popular but I couldn't get hold of it from my age group of dealers (just coke and cannabis). When I did connect and get easy access to quality stuff my wife and I were like kids who'd been given the keys to the sweet shop. Probably did way too much in that first year and certainly got to know all about suicide Tuesdays, but I'm so glad we found out about it. We use it mostly for partying, or if there is a decent DJ on somewhere, or if a group of friends just fancy a roll. Now that the quality has been sketchy for a couple of years we don't do it as much.

I just started with the drug in the past few months, and think maybe I've been overdoing it, so my goal is to cut down to once every other month. Since i'm still relatively a noob to it I come here to learn how other people deal with the drug but reading these posts just makes me crave it more. I don't know how you guys can come here and read all the great stories and not get the urge to pop some.

devorzon: cuz if you wanna be old and doing mdma, then you gotta practice restraint :)
i'm 36 and only did it for the first time when i was 34. i've had binges and breaks, currently i'm at the start of a 3 month break (from all but pot), but it's definitely something that will be in my life for a long time! i dig it at parties, and i really love it at home with my husband :)

WHAT????

Are you kidding?

I struggle to believe that anyone over 30 would ever do mdma or any drugs for that matter.

Good heavens, what is the world coming to.

Lol your weak to be sayin shit like that. Thats really unfair man, maybe these peeps didnt even encounter MDMA until they were older.

On top of that who are u 2 judge?

I think its cool people over 30,40 can still enjoy a good bean or mdma cap...I see nothin wrong with it and unlake mazzy I dont see why anyone your age should feel a shame.

This isnt a trend to everyone mazdn. we are not all scenesters just in it to be cool. jeese lay off them yeh? 8)

I'm 42 and been rolling for more than a year now. I do it at home with my wife. Its our couple thing. Our last roll was 3 weeks ago. I think we had our best one ever. I see no reason for us to not be doing it at 70.... there is nothing like rolling! Remember, roll smart, not hard...

Lol your weak to be sayin shit like that. Thats really unfair man, maybe these peeps didnt even encounter MDMA until they were older.

On top of that who are u 2 judge?

I think its cool people over 30,40 can still enjoy a good bean or mdma cap...I see nothin wrong with it and unlake mazzy I dont see why anyone your age should feel a shame.

This isnt a trend to everyone mazdn. we are not all scenesters just in it to be cool. jeese lay off them yeh? 8)

Not that MazDan needs me to defend him or anything but did you read all the way to the bottom of his post? He's 51. It was sarcasm.

Thanks for sticking up for us though :)

OK. May as well turn this into a dick-sizing exercise ;).

I'm 55 and my partner is 61. We usually do drugs together.

MDMA 6 - 8 times per year (only do it if we can find high-grade stuff)
Acid about the same
Cannabis 2-3 times per week
K - okkasionally (lacks the excitement of Acid)

I do think that when we reach mid 60's the E and K will be left behind. If we ever stop tripping together then we will seriously need to re-examine our relationship. However, we enjoy the best of health and I suppose if that changed then we'd look carefully at our drug careers. I've just started DJ'ing psytrance at a local club, and my partner loves dancing all night to psytrance.

Sick or what eh? =D

Not that MazDan needs me to defend him or anything but did you read all the way to the bottom of his post? He's 51. It was sarcasm.

Thanks for sticking up for us though :)

oops didnt see that...lol hahaha

sorry old timer, didnt realize you were jokin at first

I was in my head all like "yo that aint like MazMan to be trashin shit"
;)

Add me to the official old timers group. 50 here and been using MDMA for around 15 years or so. Started drugs at the age of 15 with weed, then used speed (yum), acid, mushrooms, benzo's and recently a few choice RC's. MDMA is my drug of choice though.

Throughout, my secret of survival is MODERATION. That's key. Oh, and listen strongly to your body. It has a way of telling you what it can put up with if you care to listen. I know for example that alcohol is very hard on my body. Strange that. The one legal substance I use to expand or alter my perception of reality is the most harmful eh?

Anyway, here's to another 20 years of altered states. I mean, how the hell can you walk away from such a magical area of consciousness? It's like going on holiday to your dream destination then saying....naaa, done it now, no point in going back. That would be silly. There's always new things to discover.

I've said this before on similar threads, but the one thing I find sad is the fact my partner no longer likes to experiment (apart from weed). Most of my old friends have died or given up, so my problem is finding people to share the experience with. I know a lot of people on here use in isolation. I've not done that yet, but I feel I'm getting close. And that, I find sad. I prefer to share tripping/rolling with people as I can feed off it.

So yeah, if there is a down side for me, it's loosing a like minded social circle.

32, my partner is 52. We roll about every other month and plan to continue. We always just stay home, listen to good tunes, lay by the fire, have great conversations and sex.

Like the guy above said, it's our couple thing. We've got one planned tonight.

You're going to do more damage to your life being a weekly roller in your teens or 20s, in comparison to somebody who's in their 50s and rolls once a year or very infrequent.

Some of the responses in this thread are sad. I STOPPED rolling at 21.

Let me guess: You burnt out your seritonin rolling twice a week for a year and now feel superior because you stopped? :)

It can't be because you maturely decided to change your lifestyle by cutting out potentially harmful activities ... you wouldn't be here in that case.

This is funny because my ex gfs parents used to take e with us and there 50. They did the same thing as you, lay down and just enjoy it. But we'd be running around :p So yes i guess ive seen older people do the same thing as you.

This is funny because my ex gfs parents used to take e with us and there 50. They did the same thing as you, lay down and just enjoy it. But we'd be running around :p So yes i guess ive seen older people do the same thing as you.

This is what I was wondering. Maybe as you get older you enjoy the "high" in a different way. Does not make me feel like running around or dancing at all. Just makes me want to lay back and enjoy the buzz while listening to music.