• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Any 40+ year olds here enjoy ecstasy?

I'm 31 and I can tell you I laughed recently when I heard someone in their early 20s say in reference to taking e "Oh, I don't do that anymore." As though, it's beneath them or they're so over it.

I don't roll as much as I used to, but I still do and love every second of it. I don't think I'll ever stop as long as I can keep getting it and have people to roll with.

Ya. I'm 17 and I don't do that anymore either. Yes, I am so over it. Some people, like me, take it too far, and realize they've taken it to far, and stop taking it. Pardon us for helping our brains recover. Y'all bein ignorant dog. 8)

Ya. I'm 17 and I don't do that anymore either. Yes, I am so over it. Some people, like me, take it too far, and realize they've taken it to far, and stop taking it. Pardon us for helping our brains recover. Y'all bein ignorant dog. 8)

When a teenager comes along and says something dismissive and condescending to an adult, they usually get a negative reaction.

When on drug user comes along and says something dismissive and condescending to another drug user, they usually get a negative reaction.

BL is a harm reduction site. We come here to learn and benefit from other people's experience. Anyone who wants to be a useless pain in the ass should stay in The Lounge.

I meet multiple people younger than me (I'm 26) on MDMA who say they're gonna be totally "over it" by the time they are my age- which I doubt :)

It's comforting to see some long-time rollers that enjoy MDMA, as I would like to think that so long as you respect this fabulous chemical, that you can enjoy it all your life.

In terms of MDMA and health/age, I would think it's more of a health risk to someone who is severely overweight vs. someone older- my dad rolled for the first time at 53 with us, and he's in amazing shape. I'm more cautious about giving MDMA to a young person with heart problems, or giving it someone who thinks they need to chug water, than worry about how it will effect someone over 40. You don't become delicate and feeble as soon as you approach middle age- plenty of people over 40 are in amazing shape without any health problems.

45 here and do roll once or twice a year :) I don't feel to old to roll...

You're twisting my words. There's nothing wrong with taking a break if you need it, which it sounds like you do. But to claim you're so over it at the age of 17 is bein ignorant...dog.

SGHteller you hit a home run with that one. Good work... oh, by the way...

It is pouring rain up here in Paradise, near Chico. Where are you?

A post above asked "what are "reds" and "whites?" in the context of the 70s.

Reds were seconal, a downer, a prescription sleep aid, very popular in the 1960s among housewives with various "nervous" problems that doctors would prescribe for. Very popular with the kids then too (I was one); we'd take them from our friends' medicine cabinets. Quite a bit like qualudes, that came in a bit later.

Whites were benzedrine, a methamphetamine type pill. Had a cross on them. Truck drivers would eat them to be able to keep driving long hours. They are speed.

Both of those pills were things a kid could get from parents'/friends' parents. LSD, weed, etc. we could only get through our own friends. That's the twist on things with E today. The old people (who were the kids in the 60's/70's) also have to rely on kids for E connection (usually).

There are plenty of us out in the world, enjoying our moderate usage of E, our chronic use of weed, and life rolls on.

Thank you, webguy.

I meant to answer that question myself but you did a better job than I would have at any rate.

That's the twist on things with E today. The old people (who were the kids in the 60's/70's) also have to rely on kids for E connection (usually).

I'd like to second this. I'm one of the older ones now who's relying on kids for E as the aging roller population is relatively small IMO. It's only gonna get tougher and tougher with age. I'm 31 now getting my shit from 21 year olds...not so bad, but when I'm 41? Hmmm, perhaps some of the rollers older than me on here can comment on their experience with the matter.

It's annoying cause I would guess those manufacturing mdma are older, but by the time it gets to the retail level, it's in younger hands. Unless your trying to get into distribution, I'd say it's probably VERY difficult to meet a cook. That would be like winning the lottery. =D

You are NOT kidding, george.

I am 51.

My dealer is 21.

That shit is NOT cool!!!!!!

I don't know any other people who roll tho. I haven't had any E since 09 tho either.

Sorry to hear you haven't had any e since '09 ugly...but I bet when you do roll, it's gonna be good! :)

And, yea, it's tough for me, so I can't imagine how it is for you. Congrats on even having a connect. I pray I do in my 50s.

Do the kids ask you to go out all the time? They're always asking me and I do once in awhile and have a blast, but they don't seem to understand that partying all the time when you get a little older is tough in so many ways.

I'm not that guy from the documentary on e either who started taking mdma when he was like 40, after being sober his whole life. I've got miles on my body and mind...and have an understaning now that those miles aren't limitless.

i'm 46, hadn't done any x since '90, '91. this past summer i ran into some of the decent paul frank monkeys that were all over florida. they were ok but nothing like 20 yrs ago...
still have a few somewhere, maybe i'll do some for new year's
-izzy

I hear you, george... I did drugs in the 70s, then stopped while my children were babies. Now that they are all grown, I have gone back to enjoying the ganj along with other substances as I see fit.
Lately I am too broke to get E. I do look forward to rolling again one of these days, when the economy picks up and I can find work again.

SGHteller you hit a home run with that one. Good work... oh, by the way...

It is pouring rain up here in Paradise, near Chico. Where are you?

It's storming down here in Sonoma too. A few friends have lost power over the weekend and are still waiting to get it back. :p

This conversation deserves a bump.

How many 40+ are doing E on NYE? I know I will be.

Maybe. We have some friends that want to hippie flip, but getting everything together is a problem. :p

Hey there ^^^ you almost have the same name ..pretty close..oh well i guess there are much more than 1 old skool rollers ..I am of them just turned 40 but taking a break right now.been doin it too often..magic fading..got 8 weeks left..HAPPY NEW YEAR bL