• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Any 40+ year olds here enjoy ecstasy?

Some of the responses in this thread are sad. I STOPPED rolling at 21.

Your loss I guess.

But just to get a handle on your point...Sad that we keep our eyes open on life?

Sad that we have enjoyed 30+ years of hedonistic pleasure?

Sad that we buck the trend and continue to ask questions?

Sad that we are happy with our lot?

Sad that we have the time and money to fully enjoy ourselves in style without worrying about Mummy and Daddy coming home?

Sorry, I'll put my food away...

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

I'll be 39, I am female. Been using MDMA for 10 years. My use is slowing down though. Even being smart and old I still kind of over did it.
Go to a hippy show and you might start feeling like being social on E.....there are adults at hippy shows and they love to get down. The love is beyond drugs and partying. It feels great. I would never roll alone, thats just me. I am glad to of found a place to experiment with drugs without being at a rave. Certain music festivals and hippy shows are all age/all headstate experiences, thats whats so great about them.
I am definitely at the point though where I just use MDMA to enhance the already loving music community I am involved in. I need this social avenue, because even without drugs I go and have a great time. I go rave out at Burning Man, thats the only place I rave, because there are so many age groups and headstates. That place messes me up Sober! Theres so much more to it than partying. I like to mix my drugs with a good reality, too. Cleaner consciousness.....
I have a handful of friends over 50 that did MDMA for the first time in the past couple of years. They love it but are also very aware of its ill effects, and not afraid to confront the darker sides.

BTW right now, I see my future being: MDMA 1-3 times a year MAX, LSD a couple times a year, and as many Mushrooms as I want thruout! Mushrooms never fucked me over. I dont consider tummy cramps getting fucked over. Long live the shrooms for me. MDMA is just getting whack, and I need to focus more in life. Thats just me. Plus, I really like remembering the music!

At many of the outdoor trance parties that I go to there are loads of older people enjoying mdma....one of the guys I have bought from before is over 50 and can always be found on the dance floor 'off his face' on mdma

Was just wondering if ecstasy has the same effect on people as they get older. I just turned 41, and have been recently turned on to the drug by co-workers, who are mostly in there twenties. Up to now I've never taken illegal drugs except for some weed maybe once or twice a year. I now mostly take ecstasy at home by myself, since I find it more enjoyable that way. My coworkers have the typical results from the drug that I read about- empathy, eye wiggles, jaw clenching, urge to hug everybody, urge to dance, etc.... I get none of that, but still enjoy the high immensely. When I take it I just want to lie down , or roll around on the carpet listening to my ipod, or maybe watch a movie. I just love the relaxed chilled out feeling it gives me. Is this maybe because I'm older it has this type of effect on me?

I personally think this has a lot to do with how/when you were introduced to the drug. If you started off in a social (club/raving) setting then I think you will always expect to want to dance/hug people etc. If however you never knew that side of the drug you would experience a more relaxed body high etc.

Any 40+ year olds here enjoy ecstacy

Hi,

New to this forum but not to mdma.
I'm 47, my partner 44 and we still use around 3 times a year, sometimes at home, sometimes parties or festivals. It's always good meeting other older ravers out there, and we've met plenty.
We use other stuff too- mostly methylone, mephedrone, mushrooms and cid. We find that switching and moderation keeps things fresh.
I can't imagine a time when it's not part of our lives, although I don't miss the long and heavy sessions we used to have- the come downs from those got tiresome.

I am 40+, wife is 36, we work hard and like to play hard, too. Roll every other or third month. We start out the evening early in bed, and when the roll peaks we find our way to a club or a concert. Will not overdo this, but its been a wonderful communication enabler in our marriage.

Hi,

New to this forum but not to mdma.
I'm 47, my partner 44 and we still use around 3 times a year, sometimes at home, sometimes parties or festivals. It's always good meeting other older ravers out there, and we've met plenty.
We use other stuff too- mostly methylone, mephedrone, mushrooms and cid. We find that switching and moderation keeps things fresh.
I can't imagine a time when it's not part of our lives, although I don't miss the long and heavy sessions we used to have- the come downs from those got tiresome.

Haha - so what dont you miss exactly? The long heavy sessions OR the nasty comedowns? If you could have the long/messy/heavy session with zero comedown would you do them again?:D

I still think it's awesome that you geezers like to roll ;)

I still think it's awesome that you geezers like to roll ;)

Banned for calling me a 'Geezer' :D

I think its funny when people around the 20 year old region try and tell me about rolling and the fun they have - I simply think, well I was rolling / having this kind of fun before you were even born :D.

I think its funny when people around the 20 year old region try and tell me about rolling and the fun they have - I simply think, well I was rolling / having this kind of fun before you were even born :D.

Yeah, but it's a sobering thought none the less. The funny thing is that most people on this forum will dabble for a few years, then give up like the majority out there appear to do. And that's the sensible choice I guess. Sometimes I do wonder how the hell I came through and survived all my little habits over the years, then I remember my mantra...moderation and recovery. Mind you, moderation is in terms of frequency, not amounts on each roll! I've never just had one pill, or just 120mg. Hmmm...

Banned for calling me a 'Geezer' :D
%)

Damnit....definitely got us there.
When people my age start saying stuff like that in real life, you bust out your mod badges huh?

Yeah, but it's a sobering thought none the less. The funny thing is that most people on this forum will dabble for a few years, then give up like the majority out there appear to do. And that's the sensible choice I guess. ..................
I'm sure that some people make what you might consider a "sensible" choice, but in my experience it's surprising how often that sensible choice is to leave behind psychedelics etc., and continue their drug career with a fairly substantial alcohol intake. :\

^^oh yes absolutely. Good old alcohol eh? A legal way to truly fuck your body up as often as you like.

Think I'll stick with my own tipple.

I'm not close to 40, but one of my close friends is and he likes to drop a roll now and then.

Yep I with the old hippies here. I'm almost 50 and I still smoke bud. Only the mot high grade but I was spoiled in the 70s with thai sticks and colombian gold the color of hay and real panama red.

I loved loved loved. Ludes. Last I saw them was early 80ss. I used to do the best lsd in the world and shrooms aplenty.

I still smoke bud chronic only. I still make tinctures and oilsand have past this knowledge down to my kids. I still do shrooms every 2 or 3 months and with ocassionally indulge in a roll or 2 with my kids around. They are 18 and 20. Old is a state of mind. I felt older when my kids were ypung and I was trying to shelter them from the worlds cruelness.

They always come to me for their dank and shrooms cause nobody hooks it up like mom does lol. They have be taught ot usee responsibiliy or not use at all. In fact I refuse to buy booze and detest it when they drink.

Again age is a state of mind..

Any 40+ year olds here enjoy ecstacy?

Quote: Bearlove

"Haha - so what dont you miss exactly? The long heavy sessions OR the nasty comedowns? If you could have the long/messy/heavy session with zero comedown would you do them again?"

It's only really in the last few years we slowed down. It just felt needed, the high didn't feel as sweet, lost the magic I guess; but long breaks, not taking much, and not letting it get to feel routine have helped get it back somewhat.
I do sometimes miss getting off it for a weekend though, but know I'd take a week to feel 100% again, whatever supplements I took.

You should definitely stop using drugs while you are raising small children. I think it's crucial. Don't take drugs pregnant and don't take drugs after the baby comes.

I was way too busy raising my four kids to be on drugs from the time I was 20 until I was 45. My youngest went off to Germany for a year when I was 45 and I had the house all to myself. Well my husband was there but whatev

I started smoking weed again then. That was 7 years ago. I have been using ecstasy, meth, oxycontin, and other various things since that time, since the drugs I liked way back when have all gone or changed.

I liked qualudes, reds, whites, coke, and LSD back in the 70s.

what are "reds" and "whites?"