• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Addicted to the needle

Without getting specific, what part? I think you're from NYC area, right? Bridgeport, New Haven, Norwalk, etc are easy. Depends's.
Like I mentioned, I can hit up that one pharmacy around these parts and apparently there's a fixed address exchange in Hartford now.
I just know when I was there it was a nightmare. A legit nightmare for myself as well as a pretty large circle of junkies I knew.
I know of a couple towns that still have just the van and while I'd be less leery to hit it up now, I still find reasons not to. Not being actively addicted chief among them....
Nah actually the shit town of torrington.
I don't live there anymore, but that's where I'm from.... rite aid is a good option, ect.
I forget where my friends go to a needle exchange though.

^I know Torrington... There's a stronger than mild chance that it's the same Rite Aid.

^I know Torrington... There's a stronger than mild chance that it's the same Rite Aid.

Lol a lot of my friends work there
And I'm pretty sure there is only one rite aid in torrington..

Last edited:
There are pharmacies in Waterbury that sell rigs, same with other parts of CT. There are only 4 exchanges in the whole state of CT. Hartford, Danbury, New Haven, and Bridgeport.

We have a shit ton in NY, plus basically every pharmacy sells syringes too.

^I know I've hit up a van exchange in Bristol. But yeah, just the 4 addresses.

Always nice to be in NYC and have the pharmacist pull a ten pack from under the counter. No hassle. More better.

And no not the drug addict ones

May I ask why not? I advocate one stop shopping in Torrington.

Quick question for people who IV, when you put the needle in your vein with ur shit already to jag, is the barrel supposed to start filling up with your blood ? Just wondering as that's what I've seen and it didn't look right to me. But I don't know ??

In the old school syringes like in pulp fiction they had a spring loaded mechanism that would register once you hit, im talking about those old school metal syringes with replacable needle heads. The new crappy plastic ones dont, you need to insert needle into skin, pull back plastic plunger thing and move it around until youre in the vein and the blood will fill the air vaccuum you made when pulling back.

Last edited:
Quick question for people who IV, when you put the needle in your vein with ur shit already to jag, is the barrel supposed to start filling up with your blood ? Just wondering as that's what I've seen and it didn't look right to me. But I don't know ??

Yeah.. that's the right way to do it.. maybe you've watched too many movies. lol

^I cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not, but I think he is talking about pulling back vs changable tips which register w out the pull back, which they show in most older movies.

Last edited:
Im right there with u guys, i love it more when theres heroin in it but even getting blood drawn or seeing a needle on law and order gets ne excited lol i have buldging veins from my wrist to shoulder and never had to take more then 5-10 seconds to shoot up. And when ever i see them blasting out i just want to grab a needle and blast something heroin, water, whatever lol i do agree with its part of the ritual why we get so turned on to it. Kinda like the pavloneion ( my spelling sucks haha) response ( look it up if u duno he was a psychologist who trained pidgeons to bowl, and other crazy things and its how we trained monkeys to got spacelol) we see te needle and 7 out of ten times its goig to be filled with our substance of choice so our brain releases endorphins ( again cant spell ) cus we love it and in time after doing it for awhile we juat need to see the needle to get off on it.

Everytime I see a big vein bulging out on my arm I look at that motherfucker and think about registering a shot and pushing the plunger in. For some reason this makes me start to feel a little bit of the rush you get from shooting stims but I want the real thing.

Accualy the first year i started when ever i got th newer cheap insulin Needles and when ever i would be in the vein a little sput of blood would shoot up with out me having to pull back

Everytime I see a big vein bulging out on my arm I look at that motherfucker and think about registering a shot and pushing the plunger in. For some reason this makes me start to feel a little bit of the rush you get from shooting stims but I want the real thing.

Yeah your own veins can definitely be a trigger.

I wish i had bulgy veins. Women are cursed with puny, delicate, thread like veins. Wish I wouldve heeded others advice and ROTATED.

I wish i had bulgy veins. Women are cursed with puny, delicate, thread like veins. Wish I wouldve heeded others advice and ROTATED.

Most are. But I've seen some chics with amazing veins. My current girlfriend, she's really skinny and an avid runner. Her veins are ridiculous. My mouth waters every time I look at them. She was always self conscious of them, so she's glad she finally found somebody (a dope fiend, haha) who can appreciate them.

God I would kill to borrow just one of her veins for a day.

I suppose the thing I thing that makes we want to use is thinking about the register or flash.

Often times when I see a movie where flagging is depicted it makes me feel a bit sick to my stomach like I am sick.

I sure went through the gauntlet with IV drug use and have stopped for about a month now.

Even though opiates were my doc I found pretty much anything with a rush upon injection to be quite habit forming. I would pretty much IV any drug that I could except for benzos. I found injecting benzos rather pointless as well as the pratice to be quite dangerous.

I remember quitting dope sometimes and injecting buprenorphine. I am not sure whether it made it much stronger, but it seemed to scratch an itch.

All and all I no longer wake up and think about fixing up. I usually would have a visual image in my mind of the blood registering and it was quite a mindfuck. I also was waking up sick but the image would run through my mind upon waking up.

Also looking at my veins or other peoples veins can be quite a trigger.

I am actually rather glad to be off the needle habit and really hope I do not convince myself it would be a good idea to pick up again.

stop asking that question. That is your 3rd post with the same question. You're ruining this forum. GTFO

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been fantasizing about fixing lately... I actually got a few rigs a week or two ago and tried, but couldn't hit myself. Its been years since i IV'd. I think i kind of wasnt trying as hard as i could though, cos silly as it is, i was a little nervous since its been so long. But there's a vein in my wrist i've hit a few times and i know i probably could again. I'm on vacay at my moms in the boondocks right now so its a moot point, but when i get back to SF I know I probably will. Its just stuck in my mind now-i want to feel that rush again-hell, i want the whole thing-mixing up my shot, tying off, registering, pushing down the plunger...

I even want the bruise or little red dot afterwards. Back when I was IVing speedballs and my arms were a mess, I actually kind of liked it. I liked seeing my track marks and how marked up my arms were. Fucked up, I know.

^^

Just goes to show that you could end up relapsing even years after being clean. Sounds like you are walking a thin line.. doing shit like that is seriously foreshadowing a relapse.

I've already relapsed-I've been snorting H & have a habit again, although its only 3 weeks old or so.

There's a lot going on in my life right now. Sometimes i feel like there's reason to try to be clean, & sometimes-a lot lately - i feel like there isnt.