• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

There are tons of threads that deal with opiate withdrawal on OD

I'd suggest drinking lots of water and getting some Loperamide (otc methadone as some say)

Stay hydrated, keep a fan on you at night time when you sleep and a towel handy for when you sweat all over your bed (seriously). You'll be much more comfortable if you get up and change in the case that you wake up drenched.

Use tiger balm on your sore muscles and take an afternoon shower - for purposes of relaxation, cleansing, and the steam just feels nice (...), also have some immodium on hand or whatever else to deal with stomach issues.

I'm assuming you mean w/o taking opiates ? If that's the case: take ibuprofen (or OTC med of choice for pains) and a VERY small dose of a benzo for night time to help you sleep. Many would suggest using a benzo during the day to ease things but I'd say the less the better. Sleep is most important (to me).

Merged.

For opiate WD, (not sure what you're coming off of but I'm assuming hydrocodone, oxycodone, stuff of that nature) try getting benzos, weed, antihistamines, and use sparingly to help yourself off. :)

Good luck!

Stay hydrated, keep a fan on you at night time when you sleep and a towel handy for when you sweat all over your bed (seriously). You'll be much more comfortable if you get up and change in the case that you wake up drenched.

Use tiger balm on your sore muscles and take an afternoon shower - for purposes of relaxation, cleansing, and the steam just feels nice (...), also have some immodium on hand or whatever else to deal with stomach issues.

I'm assuming you mean w/o taking opiates ? If that's the case: take ibuprofen (or OTC med of choice for pains) and a VERY small dose of a benzo for night time to help you sleep. Many would suggest using a benzo during the day to ease things but I'd say the less the better. Sleep is most important (to me).
yeaman+exercize

Here are some thoughts in response to severalquestons asked by a couple of different people.

1) I have read that taking Stimulants (in response to Coke question) is bad during W/D'd. I have found this to be true - just amplifies the jitters for me.
2) On the Chermical front: Loperimide, Gravol, Flexeral [ cyclobenzaprine] (Muscle relaxant), pot, Valium or other benzo can help. PersonallyI find that I can't sleep no matter what I take - which makes it all a particularly harsh shade of aaaaarrrgghhh. When sleep is the only escape and it cannot be had it dfrives me insane.
3) On the '[natural' front]:Drink LOTS of water - gallons - just drink, drink, drink - take Garlic - vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Ginseng, Valerian.

OK - that's it for now...

TMP

Oxycodone To Methadone

OK my question is about going on to methadone. Now i know there are conversion calculators and probably other post on other sites that may answer this question but i'd like to get information from someone who has maybe gone through the prosses of methadone treatment. I am in canada and am looking into pain management through methadone. I currently am perscribed 60mg oxycontin and 4 percocet 5mg a day, needless to say that this is not near enough for managing my pain and withdrawls though i am perscribed what i am i have sought more through the last 3 years so high as to go 3-500 mg oxy a day with the ideal dose to make me feel normal being about 160mg oxy. Here they start you out on 30mg methadone then every week up you by 5-10mg. I would just like to know if someone with experience could tell me if the first few weeks at between 30-50mg will keep withdrawls down and curb pain. I'm guessing I won't be happy until i get into 70-100mg range but am not sure thats why i'm asking. so if someone could tell me about their experince with methadone it would be much appreiciated. Sorry for the long post but i dont beleive the conversion calculators to be good for everyone and i dont know if i should go get my monthly oxy's and percs the day i go for the methadone so if it doesn't work straight off i have something to back me up.

OK my question is about going on to methadone. Now i know there are conversion calculators and probably other post on other sites that may answer this question but i'd like to get information from someone who has maybe gone through the prosses of methadone treatment. I am in canada and am looking into pain management through methadone. I currently am perscribed 60mg oxycontin and 4 percocet 5mg a day, needless to say that this is not near enough for managing my pain and withdrawls though i am perscribed what i am i have sought more through the last 3 years so high as to go 3-500 mg oxy a day with the ideal dose to make me feel normal being about 160mg oxy. Here they start you out on 30mg methadone then every week up you by 5-10mg. I would just like to know if someone with experience could tell me if the first few weeks at between 30-50mg will keep withdrawls down and curb pain. I'm guessing I won't be happy until i get into 70-100mg range but am not sure thats why i'm asking. so if someone could tell me about their experince with methadone it would be much appreiciated. Sorry for the long post but i dont beleive the conversion calculators to be good for everyone and i dont know if i should go get my monthly oxy's and percs the day i go for the methadone so if it doesn't work straight off i have something to back me up.
As you're adjusting onto methadone, and are still below 50-80mg, you should be able to utilize oxycodone for pain.

Just start tapering off oxycodone as they let you get up to 80mg.

trying to quit...

i've been doing oxys for a bit and now trying to kick the habit is just impossible. as i type this im hot and cold and sweaty but shivering. my head is just in excrusiating pain and i have no suboxone or anything. no one has. no one could help. i really dont know what to do. im really trying my best im just in so much pain. my bodys just crashing and i just dont know anymore what i can do with out the subs.. central jersey is sucking right now..

i've been doing oxys for a bit and now trying to kick the habit is just impossible. as i type this im hot and cold and sweaty but shivering. my head is just in excrusiating pain and i have no suboxone or anything. no one has. no one could help. i really dont know what to do. im really trying my best im just in so much pain. my bodys just crashing and i just dont know anymore what i can do with out the subs.. central jersey is sucking right now..

Doctor o clock, they could prescribe you some valium and clonidine to help with the withdrawals.

if you have money for a doctor, you can get meds to help withdrawal. or buy them off the street if available

clonidine - heart rate/blood pressure/general calming effect
soma - or some other muscle relaxer
valium - or another long acting benzodiazepine. short acting is fine, but there's a rebound when it wears off, which isn't good in w/d

over the counter:

if you want your stomach/gut to be okay and not shit 10 times an hour and have excruciating pain down there, buy immodium AD. its an opiate that doesnt enter the brain but can stop withdrawal in the gut

alcohol is not the best idea. use sparingly perhaps as it could calm you down, especially if you can't get anything else

make yourself eat a little soup and drink fluids because all the peeing/diarea/sweat is potentially lethal and almost certainly damaging

many have habits and wind up in jail with nothing to do but sit there in pain. it could be worse

trying to kick heroin with suboxone... help!

i tried to take sub last week and got the worst precipitated wd's ever!
i dunno why this is happening. i have used sub before, without too many problems and now (prob because i'm up to a gram a day) i get precipatated withdrawls the last 3 times i tried sub! it was the worst i have ever experienced to say the least. this last time i waited almost 24 hours but i still got so sick. i don't understand it, before it could be like 12 hours and i am fine.

my problem is my work is staggered meaning i work 1 day next day off work the next. that doesn't give me a lot of time to do this. before i could kick starting with 2 mgs, this last time i took up to 16 mgs over 3 hrs and nothing but wd's.

i am desperately trying to quit. i was addicted to heroin for on and off since i was 15, for 23 years i tried to quit. 4 years ago i took sub, stayed clean until last year. then this past year my habit got up to a gram a day. the going back and forth from heroin to sub was only due to the fact i get 0 time off. my habit did get up there pretty fast because yes and you wouldn't think a junkie would complain about this, but the stuff was actually too strong so my tolerance went thru the roof. last year, i could take 1-2 mg of sub after 12 hours and i would be fine. this last time (last wk) i waited 20 hours took 4 mg under the tongue and i waited about a 1/2 an hour to see if i would get precipitated withdrawls, i din't seem to get any worse (or better) so i decided to snort a 2 mg. it was my first and LAST time i will ever do that. someone told me it was better to snort, that you don't have to do as much. within 10 mins i wanted to kill myself.

i don't have a lot of time. the last time i got clean i lost everything, i would love just to out myself and say sorry folks i am off to rehab but this time it isn't possible. i am not looking to feel normal, well, i have never felt completely normal on sub, i am just looking to get off H. i can't go on another 9 yr run.

any method or timetable, advise would be appreciated. next week i actually get 2 days off (sun, mon) for the first time in a year so i am looking to quit then. i believe i will have enuff time to wait to take sub, but to be honest, i am terrified to take any, i haven't felt that sick in years!!

thanks for your time and support. only one person knows i am strung out, this forum is my only support so thank you.

xo
panda77 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

^ your metabolism simply may be different than those other times, or teh combo of drugs could have a longer effective halflife. wait it out and the bupe will work. with methadone you wait 3-7 days

poppyseed withdrawal

I need some help here...I can't even think straight. I have been doing 1.5 of poppy seeds for the last 6 months. Tried going off cold turkey yesterday. I didn't sleep at all last night even with the help of benzo's. Restless legs, being cold. etc.etc....I ended up going to get some more seed today. Going to try to wean off slower. My heart is beating so fast. I feel like I'm going to die. My husband is supporting but he had to go away today. I need advice and help.....

I need some help here...I can't even think straight. I have been doing 1.5 of poppy seeds for the last 6 months. Tried going off cold turkey yesterday. I didn't sleep at all last night even with the help of benzo's. Restless legs, being cold. etc.etc....I ended up going to get some more seed today. Going to try to wean off slower. My heart is beating so fast. I feel like I'm going to die. My husband is supporting but he had to go away today. I need advice and help.....

Suboxone is your answer, go find a clinic or a doc asap, quitting cold turkey is very very difficult. Your best bet is a taper if you have the willpower, if not get not the suboxone.

I was watching an infomercial about a rehab facility which I obviously took for greed inspired bullshit, and lack of authentic desire to help. On many levels it still was, but the clinic creator and his underlying theory actually made me step back and realize that he was right in many ways. His point was that the idea that addiction is a disease, and we must ask God or others for help, because a person with this disease has little to no control. I am not trying to start a debate with this, but I have always found distance in this approach because it eliminates self empowerment. The point he made, which rang true, is the idea that addiction is not a disease, but rather a consequence of underlying factors. These are chemical imbalance (disease), a traumatic event, or underlying feeling of guilt or feeling or worthlessness or inability to discuss something. I personally I am an addict, and despite going through horrible withdrawls and even realizing drugs are the source of many of the problems in my life, I continue to relapse. The theory of treatment, is to realize what you are hiding or afraid to confront, and change this, and the desire to hide in a chemical haze will also change. Obviously many factors are different for everyone, and with the chemical imbalance category, treatment is much more difficult. Anyways, the approach of self empowerment is my main point. Try and confront the underlying source, and change this, then focus on the drugs. Believe you are not sick and without cure, but can change and can do it on your own. Empower yourself, and good luck to all of you.

i'm a newb. first post. i came here to study mdpv, as i was considering buying some for weight loss. the plan was to micro-dose using a nasal atomizer. but i read how awesome smoking is, and i just had to try it. yesterday i made a lightbulb pipe, and over the course of about 12 hours, i did probably 50+ mg. it is wickedly fiendish! i stopped smoking about 4 hours ago, and now i'm getting a little scared. how "over" did i dose? what can i expect? i hear the comedown is rough, but i'm ready to come down now, regardless. just looking for someone to talk me thru.

hat can i expect? i hear the comedown is rough, but i'm ready to come down now, regardless. just looking for someone to talk me thru.

I can't comment on the dose you had but if you want to smoothen the comedown out I recommend benzos or anti histamines (low dose, too high and it can make you delirious).

You will be fine you will just feel a bit shitty, try and do something to take your mind off it like cleaning etc (I heard mdpv makes you love doing shit like this?)

Maybe have a couple of drinks, not too many though so your body has a chance to recover. Basically any downers will help you come down and get some sleep.

I'm not sure what interactions other drugs have with MDPV so make sure you check them out before ingesting.

Apart from drugs make sure you eat some fruit even if you can't stand the site of it, force some down along with some water and vitamins etc. Your body needs fuel and lacking these will just make things like headaches etc much worse.

I can't comment on the dose you had but if you want to smoothen the comedown out I recommend benzos or anti histamines (low dose, too high and it can make you delirious).

You will be fine you will just feel a bit shitty, try and do something to take your mind off it like cleaning etc (I heard mdpv makes you love doing shit like this?)

Maybe have a couple of drinks, not too many though so your body has a chance to recover. Basically any downers will help you come down and get some sleep.

I'm not sure what interactions other drugs have with MDPV so make sure you check them out before ingesting.

Apart from drugs make sure you eat some fruit even if you can't stand the site of it, force some down along with some water and vitamins etc. Your body needs fuel and lacking these will just make things like headaches etc much worse.

My life

:D
Hi My Name is Kathryn Most people call me Ash. This is my first time on this site. I have been on some form of amphetamine for 24 years. Im 44. I do not think it will eva change and to be honest it is more a need than a want after this long. :\

And I have a tolerence that is shocking to myself. I saw a question when I first visited this site Dex amph and how many one should or should not take. I first took four that was fine three months later I could take twenty and it would do jack s t xoxxo