• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Accidentally Opened My Third Eye While Doing Nitrous and Got Possessed by (Demon?)

You are a f==king greenlighter, what the hell do you know?

Wait a fucking minute...I don't know/care, or give a good God damn who's right on the B-12 thing, but I do know that just because someones a greenlighter DOESN'T mean they hadn't been born before joining BL.
I was a "greenlighter" not too long ago and brought a wealth of knowledge with me...I actually had prior experiences and knowledge...WOW...what a fucking concept...life before BL.

So I'm guessing you were born in July of 2005...aren't you a little young to be doing drugs "sonny".

Apparently you can take the B12 orally and it works too but you have to take the same dose every day for probably months rather than taper off like with the injections.
The treatment of N2O abuse-induced vitamin B12 deficiency is similar to the treatment of pernicious anemia, and comprises 1 of 2 regimens: (1) intramuscular injections of 1,000 µg vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) daily for 1 week, followed by weekly injections for 4-8 weeks, and then monthly injections until clinical resolution; or (2) daily oral administration of 1,000-2,000 µg cyanocobalamin until clinical resolution [15].https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/353623
It also seems that if a person happened to have a pre-existing B12 deficiency they could get serious problems just from nitrous anesthesia. So what if they were to purposely huff a bunch of whippets? Anesthesia usually only involves inhalation for an hour or so. Many people use nitrous to get high for several hours in one session alone. Another page mentioned that about 14% of the population are B12 deficient, and it's doubtful that they would be aware of it unless it was severe and it's not easy to test for. So you would pretty much be playing Russian roulette unless you have been supplementing prior to the nitrous use. And, of course, if you use nitrous for some time without B12 supplementation you would soon become deficient anyway even if you hadn't been before you started using it.
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) is an integral component of two biochemical reactions in man: the conversion of L-methylmalonyl coenzyme A into succinyl coenzyme A and the formation of methionine by methylation of homocysteine. The transmethylation reaction is essential to DNA synthesis and to the maintenance of the myelin sheath by the methylation of myelin basic protein. Active vitamin B12 contains cobalt in its reduced form (Co+). Nitrous oxide produces irreversible oxidation to the Co++ and Co forms that renders vitamin B12 inactive. Five cases (four from the literature and one new case) are presented in which patients unsuspected of having vitamin B12 deficiency developed subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord following nitrous oxide anesthesia. Patients with vitamin B12 deficiency are exceedingly sensitive to neurologic deterioration following nitrous oxide anesthesia. If unrecognized, the neurologic deterioration becomes irreversible and may result in death. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8250714
From what I've read, the spinal cord degeneration is usually reversible, but is it really worth it just to get a cheap high? There are other drugs that won't mess with your body to that degree so why bother with nitrous?

Last edited:
Its pretty immediate if you do anything like a box or more, b12 is gone pretty quick.. .. you would notice b12 deficiency if you have trembly hands, a facial tick, a nerve that's in spasms, lack of energy, but usually if you hands have a tremor is the first sign.

Most vitamins are totally ineffective when taken orally , especially b12, literally does nothing. You can buy Beplex-Forte and other B-12 vials off the internet easily, and you take the vial to the pharmacist and ask for an Intra-Muscular Syringe, pick out the fatest part of your ass, stick the needle all the way in til it hurts like hell (the more the better) and then slowly inject, you'll soon taste the vitamin on your lips, and if your deficient you'll feel a pleasant fullness , and should see the tremors subside

I have a tough time believing this, and apperently it's tough to find any quantifiable data as to the extent of b12 depletion per x units of nitrous so anyone who says something like this seems to just be speculating.

I've had sessions where I've done over 8 boxes in a row, and also periods where I would average over 2 boxes a day for maybe a couple weeks, and experienced none of these symptoms. Not saying that I don't think there isn't any damage being done or that it's not possible dangerous levels of b12 depletion are taking place, but it's tough to quantify how much damage, and how dangerous this actually is.

Apparently you can take the B12 orally and it works too but you have to take the same dose every day for probably months rather than taper off like with the injections.

It also seems that if a person happened to have a pre-existing B12 deficiency they could get serious problems just from nitrous anesthesia. So what if they were to purposely huff a bunch of whippets? Anesthesia usually only involves inhalation for an hour or so. Many people use nitrous to get high for several hours in one session alone. Another page mentioned that about 14% of the population are B12 deficient, and it's doubtful that they would be aware of it unless it was severe and it's not easy to test for. So you would pretty much be playing Russian roulette unless you have been supplementing prior to the nitrous use. And, of course, if you use nitrous for some time without B12 supplementation you would soon become deficient anyway even if you hadn't been before you started using it.

From what I've read, the spinal cord degeneration is usually reversible, but is it really worth it just to get a cheap high? There are other drugs that won't mess with your body to that degree so why bother with nitrous?

I take B12 every day regardless and have been for months, and I don't do much nitrous like the OP.

But really, overall, infrequent nitrous use is one of the more benign options in terms of drug experimentation.

Pretty much everyone I've heard talk about it on here has agreed that ocassional infrequent nitrous usage isn't a very dangerous thing.

Nitrous oxide does deplete vitamin B12 by the same mechanism that cyanide and carbon monoxide do. It binds to the metal centre and makes th hemoglobin or whatever inactive.

A good source of B12 is yeast, as is found in many whole grain breads and plants, etc. If you eat any sort of processed flour you're getting a little B12. A multivitamin doesn't hurt though.

I can relate to your experiences.

I quit reading these comments a page or 2 back. Just too painful. Don't get me wrong, there is some very good advice (stopping the nitrous for one), but there is much pretty obvious, self-righteous, masturbatory commentary as well. Try not to let all that get to you. Kids will be kids.

This isn't really a public type of discussion. I'm sure you've realized that for the most part.

I have been in a similar place and while I don't have a ton of answers (maybe none at all - "the answer" isn't really my thing to be honest), I can very much relate at the very least.

Message me. I already invited you to add me as a friend but can't figure out messaging on this phone.

You're going to be OK.

Next time I get blood work at the doctor would it show if I have vitamin B deficiency??

It's impossible to answer this question without knowing what kind of tests your doctor runs. In general, they could spot that you do, or don't have a megaloblastic anemia (which can result from B12 deficiency) by analyzing your blood film sample. This, they might be doing by default. There are also specialized methods for determining B12 deficiency - this site has a pretty good overview:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/b12/detection.html

If you are not sure if your blood-work is in any way B12-relevant, ask your doctor - I'm sure many vegetarians/vegans have inquired about this at his office in the past.

@motiv311:

If you have anemia, your experiences are going to be drastically different. You may have noticed that most people don't tend to require regular B12 injections, while you do. It's also why oral supplements might not be sufficient for you, but might provide adequate supplementation for another. Your recommendations involving inject-ass-at-home remedies without even consulting the doctor first are, frankly, bizarre and dangerous, and utterances such as "Most vitamins are totally ineffective when taken orally" don't do much to inspire confidence, despite you having graduated from Bluelight University in class of 2010.

Read about centrum silver and other studies done on vitamins. oral multi-vitamins have been shown to tax the liver without providing any increased nutrients in multiple studies

Read about centrum silver and other studies done on vitamins. oral multi-vitamins have been shown to tax the liver without providing any increased nutrients in multiple studies
Seems unlikely that B vitamins would harm or stress the liver, aside from maybe large doses of niacin for long periods. Here's some info.
Helpful Vitamins

Buhner says the vitamin B complex, vitamin C and vitamin E might positively impact liver health. The vitamin B complex helps regulate the detoxification processes of the liver. Vitamin C might help speed healing time in those with liver damage, and vitamin E might help stave off the molecular changes seen in cirrhosis. The use of these vitamins is not a reasonable substitute for advice and treatment from a qualified health professional.

Harmful Vitamins

Excess amounts of the fat-soluble -- vitamins A, D, E and K -- are stored in the liver and fatty tissues. Large doses of these vitamins can be risky. The accumulation of these vitamins in the body can cause symptoms such as liver enlargement, gastrointestinal disorders and kidney damage, according to the Colorado State University Extension. B-vitamin complex and vitamin C are water soluble, meaning they are not stored in the liver or other tissues. They are less likely to be harmful, even in excess. To reduce the risk of toxicity, only take vitamins under your physician's supervision.
http://livewell.jillianmichaels.com/vitamins-supplements-affect-liver-5374.html
It would probably be okay to use a B complex supplement or just a B12 one.

I've heard that it's difficult for the body to absorb synthetic vitamins (vs. whole food vitamins) such as centrum, but it would be hard to believe that taking high potency vitamins wouldn't provide any nutritional benefit. But yeah, whole food vitamins are ideal, and also sold as supplements

I can totally relate to thinking that your possessed, feeling out of control, and the slithering feelings. It's pretty scary, but I doubt you actually got possessed by demons. For me, I wasn't using any drugs but for you it sounds like the nitrous was the cause of your "possession" which is probably just kind of a metaphor for you being totally out of control with nitrous

I Think that in life, you create your reality. The mind is so powerful that if you believe yourself to be possessed by demons then this will become manifested into your reality. To the OP, you are being very stubborn by not taking advice given, it leaves me to wonder why you even make these threads in the first place, is it attention? Why don't you talk to some of your close friends? They're comfort can be enough when feeling lost like this. You're in total denial of your drug problem. You are addicted to nitrous as addiction is defined as being aware of harmful consequences yet continuing on with the drug. You've had these negative things happen to you and still you persist in running through boxes of whippets. You clearly don't want any help and seem to be entertained by your very serious delima. Only YOU can fix this problem. What you think a bunch of drug enthusiasts can do about your problem? That's right, nothing. It's quite annoying reading through your replies. You're like an ego-maniac.

Go smoke some dmt or eat a quarter ounce of shrooms and let this conscious die and reset lol. You're far gone Bruv. Look for earth, we're here all waiting for your return.

I Think that in life, you create your reality. The mind is so powerful that if you believe yourself to be possessed by demons then this will become manifested into your reality. To the OP, you are being very stubborn by not taking advice given, it leaves me to wonder why you even make these threads in the first place, is it attention? Why don't you talk to some of your close friends? They're comfort can be enough when feeling lost like this. You're in total denial of your drug problem. You are addicted to nitrous as addiction is defined as being aware of harmful consequences yet continuing on with the drug. You've had these negative things happen to you and still you persist in running through boxes of whippets. You clearly don't want any help and seem to be entertained by your very serious delima. Only YOU can fix this problem. What you think a bunch of drug enthusiasts can do about your problem? That's right, nothing. It's quite annoying reading through your replies. You're like an ego-maniac.

Go smoke some dmt or eat a quarter ounce of shrooms and let this conscious die and reset lol. You're far gone Bruv. Look for earth, we're here all waiting for your return.

Not taking the advice given? Not sure what exactly you're referring to but I actually did take the advice given in terms of stopping nitrous and seeing the neuroligist. Part of my frustration was people telling me I was crazy and needed to be on antipsychotics. God am I happy I didn't. I felt fine 2 weeks later. I've used nitrous a couple times since then. One thing I realized is the degree to which it puts you in a dissacociative state. Often you can go on and on not realizing how far gone you are. It makes sense that if you use a lot of nitrous in a short period of time you would eventually start to hallucinate, where as before I thought this was an anomaly. I think what did it for me is I started to need more nitrous/time to feel high so I was pushing myself further into a dissacociative state where as before I could use less to feel good, but not be that dissocociated so I wasn't used to hallucinations.

(also), not sure why you wouldn't understand why I would post this experience here. Maybe I don't want to share this with people I know, maybe there might be someone on here that would relate to me story who i could talk to

Last edited:
Not taking the advice given? Not sure what exactly you're referring to but I actually did take the advice given in terms of stopping nitrous and seeing the neuroligist. Part of my frustration was people telling me I was crazy and needed to be on antipsychotics. God am I happy I didn't. I felt fine 2 weeks later. I've used nitrous a couple times since then. One thing I realized is the degree to which it puts you in a dissacociative state. Often you can go on and on not realizing how far gone you are. It makes sense that if you use a lot of nitrous in a short period of time you would eventually start to hallucinate, where as before I thought this was an anomaly. I think what did it for me is I started to need more nitrous/time to feel high so I was pushing myself further into a dissacociative state where as before I could use less to feel good, but not be that dissocociated so I wasn't used to hallucinations.

(also), not sure why you wouldn't understand why I would post this experience here. Maybe I don't want to share this with people I know, maybe there might be someone on here that would relate to me story who i could talk to
About not taking antipsychotics. I am glad to hear that worked out for you. I had the same feeling against taking them and was bothered for years and could have avoided a lot of pain by just taking some.

You need to stop using substances. Period. Not cut down. Not just a little bit. You need need NEED to quit everything immediately. You are experiencing extreme psychosis and delusions.

The fact that you are considering demonic possession as a valid explanation for your symptoms while using your drug of choice shows that you're very addicted to this substance ("it's not the drug's fault, it's a demon, there's no reason for me to quit") and also suffering some serious and worrying psychiatric symptoms.

You don't need a priest, you need psychiatric help. Stop using drugs, any drugs, including marijuana, and get help as soon as possible. Whether you are aware or not, prolonged use of nitrous oxide can cause vitamin B12 depletion leading to all sorts of nasty effects. These effects can occur quite quickly and profoundly if you are already slightly deficient in vitamin B12. You might want to start supplementing with methylcobalamin (a form of vitamin B12) as soon as you can, and see a doctor as fast as humanly possible. Even go to the hospital emergency room and tell them what's happening. They'll take you double quick. Most importantly however, is the immediate cessation of all substance use. I cannot stress that enough, your life and sanity are at risk here.
Agreed. I hope that woman or man got help and stopped using drugs.

3 boxes of nitrous in 1 night?!?!?!?!
They used to call it "hippie crack" for a reason.

I never binged on n2o but I know people who have either with a tank, or they would buy a lot of cartons of the n2o chargers and just use them all in one night.

They posted 2 above yours. They are fine. Many of these responses are actually pretty corny.

I'm stating FACTS bro. The mere fact that you even considered possession pretty much proves my point. You're delusional and I'm not going to post some namby pamby "You'll be okay man, go see what that (catholic) priest has to say" response. If you want real advice, see a fucking neurologist, not a god damn priest.

Even believing in the possibility of it being possession means you're not thinking clearly. What exactly am I assuming? That your parents are probably conservative christians who filled your head with drivel and bullshit and its obviously finding a way to bleed into your (maybe) adult life?

You (seemingly) have done brain damage to yourself, it sure as fuck isn't some demon slithering around your brain. FACT. Fuck man, its almost pathetic. Sorry I'm not being nice, but I kinda hate the overly passive aggressiveness of BL. You need to see a doctor.

PS: I know for a FACT that no matter what happened to me, the thought of demonic possession would never cross my mind, and if I was feeling unpleasant effects from any substance I would immediately cease using it...

very unreasonable response and your condescending tone is rude, for lack of a better word. people come on bluelight for help from people in the community who are experienced and understanding, not to be put down.

this is someone genuinely seeking help.

how would you feel if you were seeking help and instead of being given constructive insight and information, you're put down and made to sound like you're basically being told, ''fuck off, you're crazy and stupid, and your thoughts and experiences are irrelevent because i said so.'' i assume it'd make you angrier, as you already sound like you're an angry dude with some issues yourself, maybe you shouldn't have responded to someone looking for help if you yourself are in a state of anger and obvious irritation probably not even related to the guy's post.

it's disheartening to see users giving the forum a bad name simply because they've got an anger problem, can't get their fix, or are having a really shitty day.

hopefully you don't have a problem you're seeking out help for and in return get called ''pathetic.'' that sure would be unfortunate.

don't bother giving out advice and putting in your two cents if you have no empathy or desire to actually help in a way that's going to make people listen and trust you.

^^^^

I just wanted to say that IMO you shouldn't let people being dicks on here cause you to leave this forum.

It looks like the best HR drug forum on the net and frankly, FUCK people if they are dicks.

Pretend they don't exist and I think if you only listen to the smart comments on this forum they might be some of the better drug advice you can find on the net.

You sound like you've had a hard time so you've got my sympathy and I like nitrous too and wouldn't want that shit to happen to me.

I hope you figure out a remedy for your situation.

i like you, you've got the right attitude.

@lyricabuddy... i also hope you find out what's going on with you. good job for seeking out help in the first place, that's always a good start.

keep us posted on your situation and know that there are people here who care and would like to see you get the help you need.

best of luck and stay strong :)

^^^I agree with everything adrenaline said. Too large a number of these responses are clearly doing nothing but getting off on being dicks. Without knowing it, sounding quite naive and narrow, really.