• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Accidentally Opened My Third Eye While Doing Nitrous and Got Possessed by (Demon?)

lyricabuddy

Bluelighter
So, I believe this is my third thread on experiencing extreme hallucinations on nitrous which appear to be out of the spectrum of effects for nitrous, and possibly things from another dimension (please continue reading).

My first thread was about the first time I experienced said hallucinations, the second thread was when I hallucinated that I was experiencing catastrophic brain damage and I was concerned. Now, it's gotten even worse and much, much crazier.

It all started when I unfortunately decided to take some amphetamines (Sunday) (just 100 mg vyvanse, and I rarely do this anymore). The night before (Saturday) I had gone out drinkking and smoked a bunch of weed, and for some reason, when I took the Vyvanse, I just didn't feel quite right.

I decided to try some whippets. Big mistake.

By the time I got to the third box I was feeling things inside my head squirm around like crazy. Just like the other times, as crazy as it was, I brushed it off, just telling myself that I was tripping and that I will not be harmed by nos.

Today, I did some research, and found this is a common occurance leading up to the opening of the third eye, and possibly at least a partial explanation for some of my other hallucinations.

Next, I felt a series of events go on inside and around my brain. My understanding of what was going on, was that something was trying to warn me not to do anymore nitrous. For example first it was a chisel chipping away at my brain matter, then I heard what I interpreted as a chain saw making long cuts around the outside of my brain, then it was like little razor blade nicks starting on one side of my brain and working its way all the way around covering my entire brain.

Each hit was a new type of these hallucinations, and my interpretation was something was saying: "you better stop, or else..."

Finally, came the hallucination, and distinct feeling, that a stick (representing soomething like dynamite was being lodged into the center of my brain). My interpretation here was: "do you choose life, or death?" As in, are you willing to die to continue using nitrous, and death, as in a more general sense vs. acute death, but still...

Now, I know all of this sounds silly, that was my thought exactly, that's why I decided to take the next hit.

What happened next was I started feeling my brain essentially start to split open in the middle, and also elongate front to back, with little popping feelings. At this point I was like "huh, that's really wierd, and I'm not really having a good time, but honestly, what's the worst that could happen." So, I decided to take another, curious as to what would happen next, but I also didn't want to let something, or some thought control me, I felt like it was my right to do whatever I want.

And this is where the really freaky stuff happened, and I'm not expecting everyone to believe me, but I had to get this out there.

After that last hit, almost instantaneously a crater-like vortex opened up, consumung the entire right side of my head. It was like my skin and bone was gone and my brain was exposed via this crater, about the size of a softball. It was like an orb had penetrated in the right side of my brain, and it was swirling around in my head rapidly and making this really weird noise like something out of a video game. Like what you would expect something swirling around in flesh and blood really fast would sound like, only with the addition of an electronic element, like this low-pitched humming sound. This lasted for about 10-15 seconds.

This was 100% real to me as it was going on. My fiirst thoughts were: how am I going to live the rest of my life with this huge hole in my head, and what am I going to tell my parents, this will ruin them. At first I was even to afraid to touch what I thought was the inside of my head. After a while though, I finally did it, and to my complete surprise, there was no crater! But that doesn't take away from the fact that at that point my sanity was completely fucked with the prospect of something penetrating into my soul.

So, the next day, I thought I would be fine, right? Nope. Every time I take any drug, even phenibut and gabapentin. my head keeps splitting open in the middle and I keep ketting these swirling sensations inside my head where it feels like someone is licking their thumb and pressing / moving it around the inside of my head. It was very frightening when it happened at first and I was sober, then I got over it, but then it wouldn't go away and my forehead & middle of my head started getting sore so again, I got freaked out, and started reading the bible outloud, because I didn't know what else to do, and I've denounced Christianity to my entire family years ago. This is how worked up this thing has got me.

Of course I was freaked out, I'm seeing a priest today because I can't afford a psychologist. Plus, I know they will see me right away. But if any of you have any advice that would be huge. Not knowing whether or not I'm possessed is killing me. This is the second day after it happened and it still feels like things ar pressing up against the inside of my skull and moving around.

PS - The reason I'm inclined to think I might have gotten possesed, is that from the research I've done, opening the third eye under the wrong (malicious, hedonistic etc...) circumstances, can allow demons to enter, because it gives them ground to stand on. The fact that I continued to do more whippets after presenting myself with the question "do you choose life or death", I feel might have opened the wrong doorway for demons.

Last edited:
When you're tripping, your subconscious mind and gut feelings about things can manifest themselves in quite specific hallucinations and delusions. In this case, it seems pretty clear that you were being told to stop doing nitrous, but you kept doing it anyway. Maybe you should listen to the message?

I'd say, take a break from any drugs for at least a month or two, let your mind clear a bit, and then see how you feel. Try not to worry yourself about whether there really are demons in you or not, this will only make you more anxious (and this is better discussed with a priest anyway than here on this forum).

You need to stop using substances. Period. Not cut down. Not just a little bit. You need need NEED to quit everything immediately. You are experiencing extreme psychosis and delusions.

The fact that you are considering demonic possession as a valid explanation for your symptoms while using your drug of choice shows that you're very addicted to this substance ("it's not the drug's fault, it's a demon, there's no reason for me to quit") and also suffering some serious and worrying psychiatric symptoms.

You don't need a priest, you need psychiatric help. Stop using drugs, any drugs, including marijuana, and get help as soon as possible. Whether you are aware or not, prolonged use of nitrous oxide can cause vitamin B12 depletion leading to all sorts of nasty effects. These effects can occur quite quickly and profoundly if you are already slightly deficient in vitamin B12. You might want to start supplementing with methylcobalamin (a form of vitamin B12) as soon as you can, and see a doctor as fast as humanly possible. Even go to the hospital emergency room and tell them what's happening. They'll take you double quick. Most importantly however, is the immediate cessation of all substance use. I cannot stress that enough, your life and sanity are at risk here.

Pretty sure this is a troll thread. Someone with the amount of psychotic symptoms that you're describing would not be able to type things out this coherently, I say that from knowing people who have gone through psychosis as well as reading BL threads of psychotic individuals. So ya pretty funny but shouldn't be takin seriously. If I am wrong and you are serious, then ya obviously you need psychiatric help and should abstain from drugs.

The problem is that you read the bible out loud. You need to renounce Christianity and embrace Islam! Get a copy of a Qur'an and start praying to Allah and make sure to go to Mecca Asap!

No, I'm not trolling, and obviously you're unfit to diagnose what I am goin through. And, it's easy to say that I should just go see a psychologist right away and that I'm ignorant for considering spiritual / religous outlets, but when something like this happens, its hard not to bring spirituality into the picture (maybe you would understand more if you actually went through it). Yes, I am fully cognitive, but scared.

I already explained that the only reason I was going to see a priest was because they are readily available on the spot, while a psychiatrist was not. I view anyone who belittles this as simply naive, obviously you don't understand the power of suggestion and having support groups to your psychology, regardless of how much truth there actually is to it (although I think there is some truth).

I do plan on seeking professional help in psycology, psychiatry, and neurology asap.

I didn't wan't to do more drugs after this, but unfortunately I am addicted to gabapentin, phenibut, and kratom, and I had to take a bit just to get through the day.

In doing more research, I actually think a neurologist is in order as a first priority, because these aren't JUST hallucinations, I'm actually feeling sensations in my head and getting headaches, not to mention severe lethargy.

Last edited:
Guys, come on now. Yes, it's possible that this guy is full of it, but I don't really think so. I think he needs help, which is why he's reaching out to us.

@Frydea: Typing ability and coherence of communication is not an indication of mental stability. Not at all. A person can be a fantastic typist and a masterful elocutionist but be completely bonkers. I believe that lyricabuddy is being genuine here, and I am seriously concerned for his health and well-being.

@lyricabuddy: Please keep us updated as to any changes in your symptoms, as well as any medications you may be prescribed to treat your symptoms. Don't forget to keep positive and have don't let this get you down. It will pass, you just need since help.

You need to stop using substances. Period. Not cut down. Not just a little bit. You need need NEED to quit everything immediately. You are experiencing extreme psychosis and delusions.

The fact that you are considering demonic possession as a valid explanation for your symptoms while using your drug of choice shows that you're very addicted to this substance ("it's not the drug's fault, it's a demon, there's no reason for me to quit") and also suffering some serious and worrying psychiatric symptoms.

You don't need a priest, you need psychiatric help. Stop using drugs, any drugs, including marijuana, and get help as soon as possible. Whether you are aware or not, prolonged use of nitrous oxide can cause vitamin B12 depletion leading to all sorts of nasty effects. These effects can occur quite quickly and profoundly if you are already slightly deficient in vitamin B12. You might want to start supplementing with methylcobalamin (a form of vitamin B12) as soon as you can, and see a doctor as fast as humanly possible. Even go to the hospital emergency room and tell them what's happening. They'll take you double quick. Most importantly however, is the immediate cessation of all substance use. I cannot stress that enough, your life and sanity are at risk here.

I'm actually blaming the nitrous for opening the doorway for what could possibly be demonic possession, so yes, i do blame it on the nitrous.

Also, I'm not the first to bring up the prospect of demonic possession associated with psychedelic use... Just sayin

Guys, come on now. Yes, it's possible that this guy is full of it, but I don't really think so. I think he needs help, which is why he's reaching out to us.

@Frydea: Typing ability and coherence of communication is not an indication of mental stability. Not at all. A person can be a fantastic typist and a masterful elocutionist but be completely bonkers. I believe that lyricabuddy is being genuine here, and I am seriously concerned for his health and well-being.

@lyricabuddy: Please keep us updated as to any changes in your symptoms, as well as any medications you may be prescribed to treat your symptoms. Don't forget to keep positive and have don't let this get you down. It will pass, you just need since help.

OK, thank you, will do. I was hoping this would pass by today so I haven't scheduled any appointments yet, but it hasn't, so tomorrow I absolutely will. Still feeling squirming in my head like crazy, its frigtening and very uncomfortable. JUST like how you see in the movies where people get possessed and demons or whatever are pushing up against the skin all over the place. Brain shifting around, and headaches / fatigue. Good news though: No hauntings or nightmares last night! ;) J/P, well, kinda

I'm actually blaming the nitrous for opening the doorway for what could possibly be demonic possession, so yes, i do blame it on the nitrous.

Also, I'm not the first to bring up the prospect of demonic possession associated with psychedelic use... Just sayin

You're losing it bro and I'm not going to indulge your stupidity like everyone else. This statement sums it up perfectly. Demonic possession IS NOT REAL. Whipped cream chargers opened up your third eye and allowed a demon to possess you? Fuck man, get some real help because that is so many kinds of wrong. Your parents must be Catholic or Lutheran...

You're losing it bro and I'm not going to indulge your stupidity like everyone else. This statement sums it up perfectly. Demonic possession IS NOT REAL. Whipped cream chargers opened up your third eye and allowed a demon to possess you? Fuck man, get some real help because that is so many kinds of wrong. Your parents must be Catholic or Lutheran...

Sorry bro, you're not the authority on this. If you experienced what I did, you would second guess it just like me. Trust me, leading up to this experience I was fully scientific and didn't believe in demonic possession AT ALL.

PLUS, I'm not saying I know I'm possessed, I'm saying it got me concerned, like - "what if?"

Seriosly, you need to stop indulging yourself by coming in here with such authoritative and assuming statements and read my posts a bit more thouroughly before you try to jump in like that next time

Also, do some research about the penial gland and opening up the third eye before you call bull shit.

Good job making yourself look like an ass buddy.

I'm stating FACTS bro. The mere fact that you even considered possession pretty much proves my point. You're delusional and I'm not going to post some namby pamby "You'll be okay man, go see what that (catholic) priest has to say" response. If you want real advice, see a fucking neurologist, not a god damn priest.

Even believing in the possibility of it being possession means you're not thinking clearly. What exactly am I assuming? That your parents are probably conservative christians who filled your head with drivel and bullshit and its obviously finding a way to bleed into your (maybe) adult life?

You (seemingly) have done brain damage to yourself, it sure as fuck isn't some demon slithering around your brain. FACT. Fuck man, its almost pathetic. Sorry I'm not being nice, but I kinda hate the overly passive aggressiveness of BL. You need to see a doctor.

PS: I know for a FACT that no matter what happened to me, the thought of demonic possession would never cross my mind, and if I was feeling unpleasant effects from any substance I would immediately cease using it...

I'm stating FACTS bro. The mere fact that you even considered possession pretty much proves my point. You're delusional and I'm not going to post some namby pamby "You'll be okay man, go see what that (catholic) priest has to say" response. If you want real advice, see a fucking neurologist, not a god damn priest.

Even believing in the possibility of it being possession means you're not thinking clearly. What exactly am I assuming? That your parents are probably conservative christians who filled your head with drivel and bullshit and its obviously finding a way to bleed into your (maybe) adult life?

You (seemingly) have done brain damage to yourself, it sure as fuck isn't some demon slithering around your brain. FACT. Fuck man, its almost pathetic. Sorry I'm not being nice, but I kinda hate the overly passive aggressiveness of BL. You need to see a doctor.

PS: I know for a FACT that no matter what happened to me, the thought of demonic possession would never cross my mind, and if I was feeling unpleasant effects from any substance I would immediately cease using it...

Did you even bother reading either of my posts? I told him exactly what you did, just in a way that is more likely to encourage him to follow the advice rather than go against it. I told him he is not possessed, that entertaining the notion shows he is unwell, and that he needs to see a doctor immediately. I just did it sans the steaming pile of rudeness and sarcasm you decided to include.

You do realise that people shut down when you talk to them like that, don't you? It's very hard for someone to take your advice when you are insulting them in the same breath. It's just human nature. Go back and read what I said to him...

By the way, it is far from certainly brain damage. That is a possibility, but drug-induced psychosis is far more likely, especially since he hasn't reported any of the usual symptoms of nitrous oxide-induced nervous system damage. Losing touch with reality and paranoid ideation is pretty well known in people who have abused the hell out of dissociatives. That's the most likely answer.

whooah, so this nitrous thing is really good shit huh?
Cracker and whippits on their way!

It sounds to me like your subconscious is trying to tell you you need to cool it with the nitrous, if you weren't already consciously aware of that.

Get help. Seriously. And refer to the previous threads if you still don't 'get it'. No offense, I have experience with addiction and - to some extent at least - having my mind warped too much.

I think you probably need a neurologist rather than a priest or psychiatrist. My bet is on seizure / epileptiform activity, when this happens in certain parts of the brain it can produce religious experiences and probably also other experiences ranging from feeling or seeing a 'presence' or 'beings' to feelings of depersonalisation / derealisation / losing oneself...

Psychedelics can apparently also deregulate activity in those parts of the brain and nitrous can produce seizure-like activity. THAT is why people sometimes associate psychedelic use with 'posession' and various other experiences. The fact that those experiences cover a very wide range of effects, some of which are more obviously drug-induced / brain dysfunction than others IMO should tell us that we can assume the less obvious or more convincing experiences are also covered under it.

Gabapentin is supposed to be anti-convulsant but apparently your drug cocktails and incessant nitrous use caused effects like that anyway. Listen to SeenSoFar.

And people here better watch it with the ridiculing.

Last edited:
I didn't wan't to do more drugs after this, but unfortunately I am addicted to gabapentin, phenibut, and kratom, and I had to take a bit just to get through the day.

Man, didn't you have some earlier threads where nitrous was "fucking you up"? http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/723738-Is-This-Normal-For-Chronic-Nitrous-Use-(Very-Concerned)
I hate to say it, but you've brought this upon yourself and although it must suck fucking eggs, you SHOULD NOT HAVE KEPT DOING NITROUS!