• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 College Basketball thread v. the somethin somethin invitational

Haha...well looks like the sports media is already trying to shape this as an undefeated or failure storyline for UK. The other SEC coaches are too, if you'll notice. Building them up so they can tear them down as soon as they lose a game. I guess its a compliment that we get all this attention every year though, in one way or another...

Edit: if anyone was watching the buffalo game one of the commentators declared 'the demise of the platoon system' before halftime of our second regular season game. And then we won by twenty points. Lolz.

Last edited:
Kansas is going to need counseling after that game...ouch...Better luck next time.

I was actually surprised at that outcome but the UK defense was playing lock down basketball all night. Looking at their upcoming games, they will have a chance to work out the offensive kinks they showed last night then get nice tests against Providence and Texas. After that, they play 3 straight good teams (UNC, UCLA, L-ville) before SEC play begins. It's going to be interesting to watch how they play in a close one (I do not count Buffalo as one) and then see what Cal does with the platooning.

I was actually surprised

Really?

lol cause I'm never surprised when kentucky gets the best players every single year

Kentucky has no excuses for not winning the championship this year. If they don't win it then it definitely is a failure

Calipari is the most overrated basketball coach of all time. Takes absolutely no skill to coach his teams... he can't outcoach anyone

Izzo and Pitino are actually good coaches.. they make Calipari look like a scrub

Damn I just looked at Kentucky's schedule and it it might be the easiest schedule I have ever seen. The SEC is terrible

No excuse for them to go undefeated this year. lol I mean they just beat the #5 team by 32 points... but wow their schedule is a cakewalk

Really?

lol cause I'm never surprised when kentucky gets the best players every single year

Kentucky has no excuses for not winning the championship this year. If they don't win it then it definitely is a failure

Calipari is the most overrated basketball coach of all time. Takes absolutely no skill to coach his teams... he can't outcoach anyone

Izzo and Pitino are actually good coaches.. they make Calipari look like a scrub

I'm a tried and true, bleed blue UK fan but I never think any game, let alone season, "is in the bag." The games still have to be played and anything can happen. And yes, regardless of the season, any season without a championship is considered a failure by UK fans. ;)

I don't know that I necessarily agree or disagree with you about Cal's coaching. And I will cite two examples why: UMass and Memphis. Smaller schools, less talent and took them deep into the NCAA tournament. In the pros, he was a terrible coach but not so much in college. At UK, he is catering to what these kids want: a high profile (on ESPN and CBS a lot) school and be prepped for the NBA ASAP. During the Kansas game, there was discussion of how Cal manages these kids and their talent and that it cannot be hidden from NBA scouts. They cited how Anthony Davis took less shots/game than the other starters the season he was there yet he was selected #1 in the draft. I'm not sure if Cal is worse or better than any other NCAA coach but he puts himself in a tough spot every year with how he is running the program at UK. The most arduous task he probably has there is managing egos all the time. Number two is lack of experience because of the new freshmen every year. This is where he most likely would get out coached when facing a team with more upper classmen.

It still hurts, huh ArCi?

[video=youtube_share;56lEXeqpW6c]http://youtu.be/56lEXeqpW6c[/video]

peep those minutes per game

15hy7uu.png

WE MADE$ IT

41636.5088287037_drake-we-made-it-download-soulja-boy-e1388252793422_T1_W600_H600.jpeg

dude hasnt even missed a free throw yet coming into the game with Bitchigan

Joe Young: 35 pts, 3 ast, 4 reb, who cares stls, >55% from the field

Oregon loses by single digits

WE MADE IT

lol points out ppg over a 3 game span against some scrubby ass teams

Oregon's schedule is laughable

we made it

how m,any people were talking abouty Joe Young before the season started?

NSFW:
crickets.jpg

heard it here first shit head

How many people are going to be talking about Joe Young when they make a 1st round exit in the tournament?

NSFW:
crickets.jpg

tried to watch some of the game online but the ESPN streaming service is the worst. I blame that as the reason Oregon lost

figured out my new all Pac-12 team

C- Spencer Hawes
Pf- Kevin Love
SF- T
SG- Klay Thompson
pg- Russel Westbrook
6th man- Tony Wroten

andre Iguodala off the bench

jesus who do you even guard on that team. let alone foul when you are inevitably losing

omh I forgot about James. harden. i had ariza at sf but literally jus stopped what I was typing and just left a t there. i dont even know how to make this lineup. between klay thompson, ariza, westbrook, and harden, somebody's fuckin out

good thing this is all hypothetisis

fuck dude I just clogged the toilet at work

WE MADE IT

Update 1: its all taken care of. bitches dont know about my plunger game

Should be a great game

Lmao kentucky just played MONTANA ST. ahahaha beat them 86-28

I encourage everyone to look at kentucky's schedule. Seriosuly it's hilarious how easy it is.. Idk how how you could watch kentuckys games and actually be entertained

Well at least they won't rig the tourney matchups like last year when they gave kentucky the #8 seed. Everyone knows that was set up. and they still couldn't win the championship

Someone show me one team that has a harder schedule than Michigan. I doubt you can find one team

You might be able to make an argument for Michigan St., Duke, or Wisconsin

how the fuck do you even compare schedules in november

talk to me in march

maybe like... any other B1G (god I hate that acronym) school?

fuckin sped...

Big Ten is so much better from top to bottom than every other conference it's not even debatable

It's like the SEC in college football

how the fuck do you even compare schedules in november

You don't. He just likes bitching. Besides, we've already played #5 Kansas. And we have Providence and Texas coming up. Then UNC and Louisville in December....blah, blah, blah. Haters gonna hate.