• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 College Basketball thread v. the somethin somethin invitational

subotai

Bluelighter
college basketball is great because you can legitimately be a fan of a bunch of teams and not have anyone question your fanhood.

Kansas
Oregon
Cincinnati

nick johnson is still dribbling in that elite 8 matchup iirc

Kentucky will probably have the best 18 year olds money and barbecues can buy

baskball

Oregon fucking sucks

Remember how you thought they would go farther than Michigan the past two seasons? lol

Michigan is currently ranked 19thin the country which is hilarious considering the teams ranked higher than them.

Caris Levert is a lock to win Big Ten POY, and will be a first round pick in the nba draft next year guaranteed.

Trey Burke
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Nik Stauskas
Glenn Robinson III
Mitch McGary

The original starting five that went to the championship game 2 years ago and got robbed by the refs

All 5 were first round picks in the draft and have become quality NBA players. Burke became a starting PG in the nba in his rookie year, which is not easy to do. Tim Hardaway Jr. Is actually a better player in the NBA than he was in college

Big Ten still produces the most quality nba players.

Last edited:
loool just loooooll

at that last statement

pac 12 kneegrow

oregon to the final fouuurrrd

ucla has a better team than the big 10

Last edited:
c- kevin love
pf- kyle anderson
sf- trevor ariza
sg- russel westbrook
pg- jrue holliday
6th man- darren collison

gtfo, and I couldnt even find a pf for that team

the Big 10 produces a lot of quality COLLEGE players ie
Evan Turner but pros.... i dont see it

Big Ten

PG: Magic Johnson/Isaiah Thomas/Mike Conley Jr./Deron Williams
SG: Glen Robinson/Jamal Crawford/Victor Oladipo/Gary Harris
SF: Larry Bird/Glen Rice
PF: Chris Webber/Zach Randolph/Jared Sullinger
C: Kevin McHale/Mitch McGary/Carl Landry

gtfo

lol you go all time vs my still in the league list

such a dwe move

Michigan basketball may have lost a lot of star power after last season, but the Wolverines remain a major draw on television.

The Big Ten announced its national-TV game selections today for the upcoming season, and U-M is a frequent participant, despite losing five key players -- three to the NBA -- from last year's team.
The Wolverines will appear on an ESPN network 16 times this season. U-M will appear in the CBS spotlight at least twice: on Feb. 1 at Michigan State and Feb. 8 at Indiana. The Feb. 22 home game against Ohio State will air on CBS or the Big Ten Network.

Saturday, Nov. 15 HILLSDALE 2 p.m. (ESPN3)
Monday, Nov. 24 vs. Oregon 9 p.m. (ESPN3)
Tuesday, Nov. 25 vs. VCU or Villanova 7:30/10 p.m. (ESPNU/ESPN2)
Tuesday, Dec. 2 SYRACUSE 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Tuesday, Dec. 9 EASTERN MICHIGAN 9 p.m. (ESPNU)
Saturday, Dec. 13 at Arizona 3:15 p.m. MT (ESPN)
Saturday, Dec. 20 SMU Noon (ESPN2)

Tuesday, Dec. 30 ILLINOIS+ 3 p.m. (ESPN2)
Saturday, Jan. 10 MINNESOTA+ Noon/1 p.m. (ESPN/ESPNU)
Tuesday, Jan. 13 at Ohio State+ 7 p.m. (ESPN)
Saturday, Jan. 24 WISCONSIN+ 4/7 p.m. (ESPN/ESPN2)
Tuesday, Jan. 27 NEBRASKA+ 7 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Feb. 1 at Michigan State+ 1 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Feb. 5 IOWA+ 7 p.m. (ESPN/ESPN2)
Sunday, Feb. 8 at Indiana+ 1 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Feb. 12 at Illinois+ 8 p.m. CT (ESPN/ESPN2)
Tuesday, Feb. 17 MICHIGAN STATE+ 9 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Feb. 22 OHIO STATE+ TBD^ (CBS or BTN)
Saturday, Feb. 28 at Maryland+ TBD (ESPN/ESPN2)

ooooh yeah. The results are in... America loves watching Michigan basketball. Now you will have plenty of opportunities to watch my team this year

Caris Levert is a lock to win Big Ten POY which will make it 3 years in a row a Michigan player has won it (Burke, Stausakas, Levert)

burke also won national player of the year... watching him play during his sophomore year was awesome... Clearly the best player on the court whenever he was in the game.

I can't wait for the game against Oregon... Going to crush them by like 20 points

Last edited:
I wish Dario Saric went to an American college so I could say the phrase "Croatian Sensation" more often

really rolls off the tongue there

honestly I hate Oregon's basketball court. all multi-colored and shit

what is the point of that? ghey probably take the hardwood out for concerts unless Phish has black members

now Im just looking for a reason to say Croatian Sensation

by the way, what the fuck is ESPN 3?

ESPN 3 is the official home of the 2014 JV girls mini golf tournament. And the re-re-re broadcast of last years auburn alabama game.

I can't wait for the game against Oregon... Going to crush them by like 20 points

look out for Joseph Young. He seems like the type of player that will be really good in college, but never make NBA rosters. Kind of reminds me of a more athletic Stephen Curry in college but not quite as good of a shooter. hes basically what I thought Dominic Artis could be but that dude isnt even on the team anymore, got kicked off to Junior college after some rape allegations or something to that effect. nothing ever proved in a court of law, but he's gone. and they graduated calliste who was their best 3 pt shooter. and Mike Moser is gone, who was a real good 3/4 spot guy who could hit 3s.

so michigan probably will win, but I think Young drops 30. I dont even know what to think about college basketball though, there's more uncertainty than College Football because freshman play a larger part.

dwayne benjamin is gonna be a fast break machine. I see your boy Levert getting dunked on at least once or twice in this game. oregon likes to play a fast paced style of game which is why it was so funny when they played wisconsin in the tournament last year. I dont know how to feel about this year, but I have absolutely no ties to Oregon so Im not gonna be too bummed if they dont make the tournament

Last edited:
Woo lets go uk... Smash those pikeville pussies. im tired of football already

Preseason #1 and this year I have much more optimism with the twins and a few others coming back along with the new McD's All-Americans. Their front court size is scary.

Yeah, thats going to be such a huge advantage for us down the line. I can't wait til the 18th to see how we perform against our first real challenge Kansas...

espn is ranking the top 100 CBB players

dlj6op.jpg

he's not really a good passer, but they play a weird style of play.

4.7, 2.2, 1.9.

top 3 assists per game averages on oregon. they dont even really use a point guard because a lot of guys could create their own shots last year. Dominic Artis was the 2.2 apg guy (in 16.9 minutes per game so take that into consideration) and he's gone. Loyd was the 4.7 guy and he graduated

Joe Young could average 30 points a game, and I wouldn't even bat an eye. We've seen individual-driven offenses go deep into the tournament before, who knows what will happen. Take both UCONN championships for example, nobody really expected either of those teams to be contenders. but when you have one guy who can carry the team, all it takes is getting hot at the right time. and since it only requires one guy to get hot, if he does, look the fuck out. Dana Altman be like pass the ball to Tucker!

Levert plays SG right? mm is that gonna be a good matchup or what?

now I cant get the background music of that video out of my head

WE MADE IT

I still think UCLA is the best, Kentucky #2

Awesome article though, thanks for sharing... I'm actually surprised Michigan was ranked that high at #23 all time considering they are the best college football program of all time. Usually football schools have horrible basketball programs