• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

2012, the Complete Works

That reminds me of that part in the movie Waking Life where in one of the scenes there's a professor talking about how evolutionary changes have been speeding up over time and that it's been taking less and less time for new critical advances in technology and thought, and how we're now approaching a sort of vertical tangent during which who knows what's going to happen. It was an interesting idea but I don't know how right he is in taking the idea of evolution by natural selection (which is purely biological and has a lot of definitive evidence) and taking it into a completely different context (which really has little to no solid evidence to support it). It's completely possible that this may be the case with technology (aren't we supposed to have quantum computers with infinite processing capabilities by something like 2020?) but it's hard to say how that will lead to a change in consciousness.

As far as us outgrowing our planet, it really just means that we'll have to look out to space for resources. Although if you're just talking about this whole energy crisis (which I'm not as informed on as I'd like to be), it's not the first one we've had and I think we can manage to get through it without an extreme change in perception. These are all mostly economic/political obstacles rather than 'spiritual' ones.

yep, 2012... .. .
hum, its the mayan y2k
mayan have a great system, calendar...

"the tao that can be told is not the eterneal tao..."
im not shure if it make sense to name god..
or to place a end of time date

the eschaton, apocalyps thing is a common meme
movie with the "will he make it in time", with the accelerating time at the end, each second is more important than the last...

the singularity,
i understand how it goes,
but im not shure that pointing to a special date is the way to deal with it,
( even if this is the date )

i have been thinking alot about the singularity those last 4 years
its great
but im not shure i want to talk about it under the "2012" name
( its like using a bible to talk about spirituality :\ )

ninjadanslarbretabar said:
yep, 2012... .. .
hum, its the mayan y2k
mayan have a great system, calendar...

"the tao that can be told is not the eterneal tao..."
im not shure if it make sense to name god..
or to place a end of time date

the eschaton, apocalyps thing is a common meme
movie with the "will he make it in time", with the accelerating time at the end, each second is more important than the last...

the singularity,
i understand how it goes,
but im not shure that pointing to a special date is the way to deal with it,
( even if this is the date )

i have been thinking alot about the singularity those last 4 years
its great
but im not shure i want to talk about it under the "2012" name
( its like using a bible to talk about spirituality :\ )
Dude, I'm not trying to flame you, but do you have to type your posts in verse?

I'm taking on the responsiblity of "merging" some threads, in response to the recent closing of yet another "2012" thread:

Originally posted by smotpoker:

In the past few months I've been very intrested in what is possibly going to be a real apocolypse. I don't have a link but if you type in the above date you will see what I mean.

Crazy shiit is going to go down on 12-21-12.

It's the date the Mayan calender ends. 12-21-12. It's the approxomite date the Egyptians think we are all dead. 12-21-12.

Some of the possible scenarios (keep in mind I'm kinda high right now and I am going to try my best to remember some of the stuff I saw on a tv program from sunday night:

Polar Shift- this will happen. What will the effects of a polar shift be? Well in a best case scenario all that might happen would be our cell phones would all stop working.

Worst case- extreme heat and cold. Places that were cold would become hot, etc. Mass extinction of species. Massive loss of crops.

This will be the 1st time in I wanna say 72,000 years that the sun is going to line up perfectly in the center of the milky way. The sun could appear much closer to us than now. And with the rate of climate change we are experiencing our earth could be suspect to a solar flare from the sun.

What would a solar flare hitting earth do? Think of the dinosaurs. A solar flare could also wrap earth up in smoke for years.
In other words, we could be in straight darkness for 15 years if this happens. That would mean no crops,crops need sunlight to live; no light means no crops, which would lead to worldwide hunger and starvation.

Keep in mind, we just recently discovered that there is a giant black hole at the center of the Milky Way. for years scientists laughed at this notion, except the Mayans said this thousands of years ago.

12-21-12. Get ready for it.

I know this is a mess of a post, and I am pretty high right now. But if there are any Nostradamus nuts here or just people as intrigued with the date as I am, speak up! Would love to discuss this topic! And this is all speculative, but anyone here who think's I'm crazy should do a little research themselves, it's quite interesting!

Well, at least the thread-start. It's a tedious process to weed through all the quotes, if I make it within quotes to begin with.. yada yada. In the future, why not merge the threads to begin with, that way if it does happen to make it to 1000 posts, you won't have a reason to shut new threads pertaining to "2012"?

Last edited:
^
Hey, that's not nice. Be friendly, you know how easily people get enraged on the internet. You're not helping anyone by name calling. EDIT: I'm referring to twentysix's post, by the way.

Hey, shouldn't there be a "Big and Dandy 2012 Thread" like there are in the psychedelics forum? That might solve some issues...

Anyhoo, it's very interesting to read stuff from 2-3 years ago about 2012... It puts things into a little perspective. I wonder if recent world events have informed anybody's view on soon-to-come catastrophes.

why does everyone assume its going to be 'the end of the world' and a 'catastrophe'

where does this information come from ?

most of the myan/rainbow tribe crew back home (northern nsw, australia) seem to believe/feel that its going to be a shift into a higher realm of conscoiusness, and 'heaven on earth' ...

so many polarized perspectives ~

i think we can ALLLLLL agree.... never the less... that we DO live in really interesting times ...

and my feeling is that not many people could really predict how the world will be in 5...10... 15 years with much accuracy....

only time will tell, aye....

^
Hey, that's not nice. Be friendly, you know how easily people get enraged on the internet. You're not helping anyone by name calling. EDIT: I'm referring to twentysix's post, by the way.

Hey, shouldn't there be a "Big and Dandy 2012 Thread" like there are in the psychedelics forum? That might solve some issues...

I was simply being an asshole back to a certain person. I said they were guilty of asshole behavior. No names were called. Shoot me. They should have the mind to merge some of the threads that were more recent with this one.. which was buried with it's last reply 3 years ago... but it seems every other 2012 thread was locked without question. It's disgusting, really. I don't see many other "singular" topics being- well, singled out like that.

That alone causes me to "rage". But I didn't name-call.

I do see that you had the same idea as me, with the "Big and Dandy Thread".. but like I said, check out when these posts (to the original thread) were. This thing was buried pretty deep. Took me quite some minutes to find it. There has been a few threads pertaining to "2012" that were perhaps even larger than this one, in the past few years- that were locked without question, at some point. There were some pretty thoughtful responses in those, too. The same mod closed those, and then he has the nerve to ";)" while closing a more recent one. It's thoughtless, and provocative behavior- if you ask me.

Jamshyd. Just let these threads stay open, merge them as both Rhythm and I have suggested, and let them run their course. You can't control everything, but you can help steer things.

You said in one of them that you may re-open it in 2012? Why would you do that if this one that I just bumped was still open all this time- and just buried with it's last reply back in 2006? What logic is this?

It would seem to nullify what the other mods have come up with in your defense (that there is actually a thread still 'open', just buried, and that's why all the others get locked-- oh yea, they should've been merged from the get-go)

Again, to RhythmSpring- I didn't call anyone any names. If I really did, please point this out to me via PM, so I can go back and edit/apologize.

Last edited:
Well, at least the thread-start. It's a tedious process to weed through all the quotes, if I make it within quotes to begin with.. yada yada. In the future, why not merge the threads to begin with, that way if it does happen to make it to 1000 posts, you won't have a reason to shut new threads pertaining to "2012"?

Yeah, I guess it is tedious ;) Why don't you search for the right thread, so as to avoid needless worry about your own thread getting locked?

My opinion on 2012 wasn't meant to offend you at all, but if it does, you chose it to. I simply think that this date is bot relevant to us at all. Thats my opinion, after reading a lot of the reasoning behind this theory. Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero theory has been proven to be mathematically incorrect for example.

I actually wasn't aware that one was still open. There has been a few that have gone on for longer than this one in the past couple of years, or a few larger threads that were closed simply because there was too much discussion of this 2012 babble.

And yea, I've read the same thing about McKenna's timewave. It still interests me, however- and it interested/interests some pretty established scientists, the last time I checked. It's interested them enough to weed through his calculations, and make corrections. I remember reading somewhere that another made the calculations 'sound', after McKenna's death. Though that could be wrong.

I don't know either way, or any way, about the date. It could be just another point in time, like any other point in time. I do have multiple coincidences in my life that relate to that date. Just a few, but they're kinda significant when held up to certain prophecy, in some form.

The idea is fascinating, to me. Just as is synchronicity.

If acausality is an actual principle of reality, then that means that future events in time effect present events (and in effect, past). This is, from my comprehension, similar to some of the pieces I've read that relate to the universe as perceived by quantum mechanics- For this, that time doesn't exist as we know it, and that all 'times' actually exist simultaneously (whatever that can mean)... by which idea, this type of acausal ordering and prophecy might exist. It would in-fact seem "normal", to me.

This all being said, I want to point out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yMXINOh8U (part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqyww8hi214 (part 2). I found it entertaining/informative- but somehow I'm still able to retain my interest in the topics surrounding "2012". I don't know about the end of the video, though. I'm not saying anything.

I really only have what I've experienced- myself. I've known about the polar reversal being dramatized, as well as the galactic alignment (though the demonstration on the video made it clearer), and about the time-wave faults. I do think that the Mayan Calendar should be adopted- simply because it's more harmonic than our current one. But again, and again, I have no idea, nor am I proposing anything definite, when it comes to "what will happen" "suddenly and precisely" on "Dec 21st, 2012". I do think they were on to something with their mechanisms of "time".. but we're the ones who've placed the importance on exacts, and of it's ending. It could just be a reference point. But as others have said, and I know this has been said for years, that we are in some pretty interesting times.

Part of me does have a problem with quoting the author of that video for trut", but whatever.. his stuff makes some sense.

Last edited:
This all being said, I want to point out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yMXINOh8U (part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqyww8hi214 (part 2). I found it entertaining/informative- but somehow I'm still able to retain my "interest" in the topics surrounding "2012". I don't know about the end of the video, though. I'm not saying anything.

LOL - i watched the video, and thought it was interesting up until the end, turns out this guy is a bible thumper type lol, i thought that was ironic.

I don't agree with any of this 2012 hype, although I was WAY into it for a couple years, but i have an excuse: I was psychotic during those couple years :)

This 2012 stuff & Terrence McKenna seems sooo off-the-wall, illogical, irrational astro-"logical" bunk.

I have a freind who thinks Viliskofski (spelling, hope U know who I mean) has found that the end of the world will happen when Venus is puled out of orbit. Same too of the planet alligning bunkum.

Why do ppl believe this 2012 stuff?! The world will probably end sooner than that when we reach Peak Oil and supplies do not meet demand . . . if not for the lousy state of the economy now, we probably would be having $100+/barrel of oil again.

With world-population spiking, things can not go on as they are:
3046126937_c57e0fd85f.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/666_is_money/3046126937

3102033734_e2993177ce_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/666_is_money/3102033734

I really enjoy McKenna, personally. Who am I, and who are you- to say he is crazy?

I think what got Terence so excited was that he extrapolated his timewave from the I Ching, and unknowingly came up with the exact same date for his "0-point/infinity" as the Mayan Calendar's end date. It would get me excited, too. The same types of "coincidences" have happened in my life.

When his library burnt down I was deep in my own quest, studying "the alphabet". I almost thought it was "my fault"- but that's a God complex for ya..

What you point out is interesting, though.

Last edited:
I assume the world AS WE KNOW IT WILL END

There will be massive solar activity, there are records in the 1800's of solar storms burning telegraph wires, and in 2012 its supposed to be much worse

Maybe all our technology will fail? The world will crumble, I plan on taking all my money out of the bank before 2012 and using it to buy REAL goods, I have a bad feeling that the polar shift that is predicted and solar storms will decimate our technology, and all the money on computer screens will vanish, and many people will be broke.

Call me a fool or idiot, but im loading up for this like people did for y2k. THERE IS JUST WAAAY TO MUCH CREEPY STUFF ABOUT 2012 FROM TOO MANY DIFFERENT CIVILIZATIONS NOT TO BE SCARED.

I secretly hope, that the whole thing with the planets aligning, solar maxim and pole reversal will evolve us, will evolve everything on earth, into somehow super beings or something of the sort, it sounds stupid, but I had a dream on the 21st of dec 2012 of at the dawn of that day a tiney bacteria instantly evolving infront of my eye into a walking talking being, and us evolving into a super race where everyone was equal, in shape, form, we had no needs, and our only wants was peace

but thats just a dream...

maybe.... just perhaps....

the information we gain from the halon super collider may be the spark that raises our awareness of the nature of stuff....

I assume the world AS WE KNOW IT WILL END

There will be massive solar activity, there are records in the 1800's of solar storms burning telegraph wires, and in 2012 its supposed to be much worse

Maybe all our technology will fail? The world will crumble, I plan on taking all my money out of the bank before 2012 and using it to buy REAL goods, I have a bad feeling that the polar shift that is predicted and solar storms will decimate our technology, and all the money on computer screens will vanish, and many people will be broke.

Call me a fool or idiot, but im loading up for this like people did for y2k. THERE IS JUST WAAAY TO MUCH CREEPY STUFF ABOUT 2012 FROM TOO MANY DIFFERENT CIVILIZATIONS NOT TO BE SCARED.

I secretly hope, that the whole thing with the planets aligning, solar maxim and pole reversal will evolve us, will evolve everything on earth, into somehow super beings or something of the sort, it sounds stupid, but I had a dream on the 21st of dec 2012 of at the dawn of that day a tiney bacteria instantly evolving infront of my eye into a walking talking being, and us evolving into a super race where everyone was equal, in shape, form, we had no needs, and our only wants was peace

but thats just a dream...

There are no planetary alignments on Dec 21st. 2012, at least from what I've read up about it. I'm no astronomer, though, so I'll just go with what I consider the most credible sources. The last I heard of this, was from the video that I posted a few posts back, "debunking" 2012. The guy has real astronomical data, from credible sources... Though I haven't bothered to go checking them for myself.

There are a lot of cultures pointing around the same time-frame (now) for a change, or a movement into the "next world", I agree. This is another reason why I can't just throw this 2012 stuff out the window, thoughtlessly.

Venus transits are an interesting thing, however. I would suggest looking up some info on that. The last one was in 2004, which was a very inspiring time for me, and the next one will be in 2012 (June). The next one after that will happen in 2117- so quite a ways out. Venus is an important part of Mayan culture (well, a lot of cultures), associated with Kukulkin, or "Quetzalcoatl". Interestingly, Jesus has also been associated with Venus- being the "morning star" (and so has Lucifer).

I read somewhere years ago, something about how a few previous Venus transits coincided with leaps in technology, and/or connection of the world. On one of them, for instance, a cable was laid under the ocean, allowing communication between the eastern and western hemispheres. There are others, I just can't remember at the moment.

Last edited:
I really enjoy McKenna, personally. Who am I, and who are you- to say he is crazy?

I think what got Terence so excited was that he extrapolated his timewave from the I Ching, and unknowingly came up with the exact same date for his "0-point/infinity" as the Mayan Calendar's end date. It would get me excited, too. The same types of "coincidences" have happened in my life.

The problem is that he based it on simply throwing the hexagrams- he believed that over 64 days in La Chorrrera he threw every card once. Have you read True Hallucinations? In it, he doesn't sleep for nine days, and his brother Dennis loses his mind. Literally.

They planned to get a psilocybin mushroom, chant at in in its own resonant frequency- that would create standing waves which would somehow force harmine to bind with Dennis' DNA. Now I am not going to say he's crazy, but Terence McKenna was certainly a strange un.

The problem with Terence is that he was looking for this theory and would have applied it to anything given the data. The timewave zero theory is not cnsidered very scientific as it measures novelty, which is purely a subjective concept. Hell, its novel to me to scratch my ears- yet he didn't take that into account.

I like McKenna, but I take what he says with a grain of salt. Even he did :)

I always thought that 21 Dec 2012 was not the end of the Mayan calendar, but the end of the Long Count or something, a measurement of time we don't employ.

^True. I'm pretty sure.. Dec 21st 2012 would be the start of the 14th "b'ak'tun". The previous count would actually "end" on the 20th, technically- I guess. But, technically, 0 is 1 in a calendar... or well, beginning and end are the same point.

Yea I have read it.. and yea, grains of salt..

The calendar is just a system of measurement. The Mayans had "longer than long-count" measurements of time, too. It's just like saying no space exists beyond a ruler, really- to say it truly "ends". Space and time aren't dependent upon the systems that measure them.

Last edited: