• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

2012, the Complete Works

ok, so i am a huge fan of conspiracy theories, that is what i read up on when bored. here is another part of the theory on 2012.

disclaimer, this is for entertainment purposes only, to give you an idea of other theories floating around out there. i do not claim to believe it, nor do i necessarily disbelieve it either though. i am a pure agnostic in every way shape or form.

as someone mentioned earlier, this is simply the end of another time cycle, not a prediction for the end of the world.

time should be cyclical, not linear, and the mayans did just that. there are those that believe that 2012 signals a mass change of conciousness, and the world will change massively, going from a male dominated society to one of a goddess culture, with a paradigm shift from a culture of war to one of peace. it is the end not only of the 5k yr cycle, but the entire 26k year one also

personally, this is one silly theory i really want to believe :D

http://www.13moon.com/prophecy page.htm
that page sums it all up well and explains the cycle simply.

bikki_muncher69 said:
Yah bu if there is no "old" reality to come back to it could get very very fucked up, you never know maybee the people who trip on that day will ascend and all the non trippers will stay in this reality, I dunno what the fuck to think anymore.
Kill yourself.
7.gif
15.gif

avon lady said:
yes all the planets align and the north and south pole will swop

well thats actually not totally wrong!
The chance that will happen is much bigger than normal. But this is what scientists say (in the media) and me got a believing media problem since I study it's influence on people.
I mean if the north and south pole will chance than at least half of the people will die, so would you tell that to the people when you know chaos would be the answer.

About 2012 itself, I'm a little believer. Since I believe in the things happening these days..

This is probably pointless, considering...
Floodgear said:
well thats actually not totally wrong!
The chance that will happen is much bigger than normal. But this is what scientists say (in the media) and me got a believing media problem since I study it's influence on people.
I mean if the north and south pole will chance than at least half of the people will die, so would you tell that to the people when you know chaos would be the answer.
The north and south poles will swap, probably sometime in the next 100,000 or 200,000 years. But pole swaps are slow processes, it's not like it just happens overnight or in a month or even in a year. Typically it takes 100 to 200 years at least for the poles to switch. Second, it won't kill anyone, in fact the only thing that would happen is that compasses would stop working normally. (They'd act all weird in the centuries while the poles were switching, pointing in different directions in different places.) There might be more radio interference than usual and crazy northern/southern lights too (due to increased solar wind activity.)

Oh and this has nothing to do with planetary "alignments" either. Actually the whole notion that planetary "alignments" matter for just about anything is about as loony as it gets; I think you have to be slightly deranged to attach cosmic significance to a bunch of things lining up.

--Zorn

Depends: what do you mean by "change of consciousness?" Have there been any "changes of consciousness" in the last 50 years?

I don't believe any mystical processes are going to cause humans' minds to become any different than they've been for the last thousand years; certainly not because some rocks lined up or because we hit year 10000 on some extinct barbaric culture's calendar. But, human culture and attitudes are constantly changing because of social and technological change. I think our civilization today, at least in the West, is in many ways significantly better than civilization was in the past -- people are more tolerant, less brutal, more just to one another. I certainly hope that will continue, and in 50 years we'll have a better society than we do today. You could call that a "change of consciousness" if you wanted, I suppose.

--Zorn

There is an alignment in 2012, yes, which coincides with Mayan Calendar's end-date. The morning star, Venus, rises with the sun and the galactic center of the Milky Way, at sunrise. A once every 5000 year or so occurence. The HUichols, the ones who traditionally use Peyote, have also it seems predicted this alignment in their yarn weavings. What will it mean? It's hard to say. It will alos be a peak in the Sun spot cycle, so that could mean some super-chaotic weather is on the way.

zorn said:
people are more tolerant, less brutal,
--Zorn

that's debateable, but this is not the place for that debate.

zorn said:
Depends: what do you mean by "change of consciousness?" Have there been any "changes of consciousness" in the last 50 years?

I don't believe any mystical processes are going to cause humans' minds to become any different than they've been for the last thousand years; certainly not because some rocks lined up or because we hit year 10000 on some extinct barbaric culture's calendar. But, human culture and attitudes are constantly changing because of social and technological change. I think our civilization today, at least in the West, is in many ways significantly better than civilization was in the past -- people are more tolerant, less brutal, more just to one another. I certainly hope that will continue, and in 50 years we'll have a better society than we do today. You could call that a "change of consciousness" if you wanted, I suppose.

--Zorn

i guess that could be considered a change of consciousness, ill try to be less vague..

do you think it could have any effect on people and altered states of consciousness (obe, astral travel, lucid dreaming etc.) and the way we perceive reality?

the only reason im interested in this is because of some of my experiences. it seems like there is this alternate reality that can be tuned into and its all up to me and becoming more conscious of it!

and this doesn't have to happen magically all at once, possibly it is an evolutionary thing we have to make the effort to keep up with and be more conscious of, and not get stuck behind.

Last edited:
^^^ Do I think what could have any effect on people & altered states of consciousness?

Do you mean the year 2012, reversal of the north&south poles, or some 'alignment' of planets? Certainly not; none of those could have any effect on the human mind. It's meaningless when we hit the year 1000 or 10000 on our calendar and it's just as meaningless on some barbaric ancient civilization's calendar; pole reversals have no effect on our minds; and the idea that planets lining up is an important event for mankind is just delusional.

I don't think there will be any change in how people in general 'perceive reality,' or how they have / think of altered states of consciousness. You might be tuning into an alternate reality more easily as time goes by. And I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way. (For anyone doing lots of psychedelics, it's to be expected.) But there are also people for which the reverse is true -- they used to be into altered states of consciousness, but now are spending more and more time in the normal world. And most people of course have nothing to do with any alternate reality.

Wanting to think that some tremendous monumental change is about to come over humankind is a standard human urge. People have been predicting this kind of thing since the beginning of recorded history. Lots of Christians have been predicting the apocalypse would come during their lifetime ever since there was a Christianity. There's a similar strand of millenialist thought in Shi'ite Islam. And this business about an imminent "change of consciousness" and transcendence you're talking about has been around since at least the 1960's; in fact there were way more people convinced of it back in the late 1960's and 1970's. Yet the world always goes on, as usual, without any apocalypse or transcendence.

I guarantee you a hundred years from now, there will be Christians talking about how the wars & natural disasters fulfill all these prophecies and prove that the end times are right around the bend, and New Age types talking about how people really seem to be waking up and how a shift in our global consciousness is about to take place....

zorn said:
^^^ Do I think what could have any effect on people & altered states of consciousness?

Do you mean the year 2012, reversal of the north&south poles, or some 'alignment' of planets? Certainly not; none of those could have any effect on the human mind. It's meaningless when we hit the year 1000 or 10000 on our calendar and it's just as meaningless on some barbaric ancient civilization's calendar; pole reversals have no effect on our minds; and the idea that planets lining up is an important event for mankind is just delusional.

I don't think there will be any change in how people in general 'perceive reality,' or how they have / think of altered states of consciousness. You might be tuning into an alternate reality more easily as time goes by. And I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way. (For anyone doing lots of psychedelics, it's to be expected.) But there are also people for which the reverse is true -- they used to be into altered states of consciousness, but now are spending more and more time in the normal world. And most people of course have nothing to do with any alternate reality.

Wanting to think that some tremendous monumental change is about to come over humankind is a standard human urge. People have been predicting this kind of thing since the beginning of recorded history. Lots of Christians have been predicting the apocalypse would come during their lifetime ever since there was a Christianity. There's a similar strand of millenialist thought in Shi'ite Islam. And this business about an imminent "change of consciousness" and transcendence you're talking about has been around since at least the 1960's; in fact there were way more people convinced of it back in the late 1960's and 1970's. Yet the world always goes on, as usual, without any apocalypse or transcendence.

I guarantee you a hundred years from now, there will be Christians talking about how the wars & natural disasters fulfill all these prophecies and prove that the end times are right around the bend, and New Age types talking about how people really seem to be waking up and how a shift in our global consciousness is about to take place....

well, i cant argue with that. i really don't know anything about pole reversals, alignment of planets, etc. thoughts of the apocalypse rarely occur. all of this is just based on my experiences and hearing of others.

it just makes me wonder if my experiences have some sort of connection with my environment.

And I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way. (For anyone doing lots of psychedelics, it's to be expected.)

psychedelics can only take you so far though, the delusion lies in trying to wrap the mind around the experience. and when you are only using psychedelics, chances are your mind is going to get jumbled up with the experience. it took me a lot more than psychedelics to experience this 'alternate reality'. and in no way was this a delusion. its only a delusion when i try to remember and interpret/express the experience.

But there are also people for which the reverse is true -- they used to be into altered states of consciousness, but now are spending more and more time in the normal world.

to go any further you are definitely taking your chances with the normal world, and this is what scares people from going any further. this is a choice everyone makes - keep going or fall back or stay where you are. i have definitely chosen to work and lead a normal life and abstain from psychedelics. when its my time to move on im expecting to end up in a psych ward.

And most people of course have nothing to do with any alternate reality.

how would you know of the others who do experience this though.

Last edited:
I have an inkling of what might happen, but I'm not going to tell you.
All I say is that this is just a character creation phase. The game will begin when the cosmic clock unwinds itself at 23 of December, at 2012.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and everyone is invited.

zorn said:

I don't believe any mystical processes are going to cause humans' minds to become any different than they've been for the last thousand years;
Basically, this. If you zoom out on the timeline far enough there will always be little 'blips' on the radar that correspond to 'changes in thought/consciousness' but these blips, while seeming like enourmous changes to the people that are living in those times, making them feel like they're alive in the greatest possible time, are largely insignificant in the long run (see: religious awakenings over the past few centuries, the Renaissance, the 60's 8( ). Don't get me wrong, they've all left their mark on history, but they weren't exactly the next step in our evolutionary development.

Realistically speaking, any large-scale changes in consciousness will occur (if at all) over thousands of years, so gradual that they would be completely unnoticeable to the individuals experiencing them. Saying that 'it will all happen' in 2012 is like saying that everyone will start to act like an adult when they turn 18. Growing up is not an overnight change but a gradual process, some people grow up earlier, some later, some not at all. Kind of a bad analogy but you get where I'm going.

shoe70 said:
Basically, this. If you zoom out on the timeline far enough there will always be little 'blips' on the radar that correspond to 'changes in thought/consciousness' but these blips, while seeming like enourmous changes to the people that are living in those times, making them feel like they're alive in the greatest possible time, are largely insignificant in the long run (see: religious awakenings over the past few centuries, the Renaissance, the 60's 8( ). Don't get me wrong, they've all left their mark on history, but they weren't exactly the next step in our evolutionary development.

Realistically speaking, any large-scale changes in consciousness will occur (if at all) over thousands of years, so gradual that they would be completely unnoticeable to the individuals experiencing them. Saying that 'it will all happen' in 2012 is like saying that everyone will start to act like an adult when they turn 18. Growing up is not an overnight change but a gradual process, some people grow up earlier, some later, some not at all. Kind of a bad analogy but you get where I'm going.

You're right, except that there are some very key differences in this time than any other.

Firstly, we now have enough stored energy at out fingertips (namely in atomic bombs) to blow this planet clear out of existance many times over. We also have things like mass communication and mass transportation which make things that used to take decades into things that take only days.

Basically, our technology has outgrown our planet and far exceeded any individual person, so if there is going to be any sudden shift in world concisousness, it will probably be sooner rather then later.

I suppose quite soon we will be at "critical mass", so to speak, where the planet cannot support our current lifestyle anymore and will have to be changed dramatialy, or face destruction.