• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

2012, the Complete Works

bikki_muncher69 said:
Yah bu if there is no "old" reality to come back to it could get very very fucked up, you never know maybee the people who trip on that day will ascend and all the non trippers will stay in this reality, I dunno what the fuck to think anymore.
yeah, you never know. Hell, anythings possible...

New info:

I'm taking an anthropological religion course at uni right now and my teacher is a scholar of ancient mayan civilization. He is published and can read their "hieroglyphs (sp?)" himself. I think he even speaks some of their language. Basically, he has spent 20 years researching their civilization.

Anyhow, he says that according to all evidence, the mayans made NO predictions for 2012. The only thing they said is that it is the end of the current cycle of four ages, and on the winter solstice of 2012, we will go back to the beginning of a new cycle. That's it.

Seeing as they cycles last thousands of years each, 2012 does seem somewhat significant. However, as far as end of the world predictions go, he summed them up nicely with, "bull shit."

Just thought ya'll might be interested in that.

peace

^nice work.

what exactly does an age cycle mean?

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of natural disasters in the past few years ?

I'm not saying this or that.. lets just see what happens.

Last edited:
L2R said:
^nice work.

what exactly does an age cycle mean?
It's the biggest cycle in the Mayan calendar. In our calendar, the cycles go as:

year : month : date

Every 30 days, you go to the next month and reset to it being the 1st. Every 12 months, you go to the next year and reset to it being January. There's no real cycle bigger than a year, the year # just keeps going up.

In the classical Mayan Long Count calendar, the cycles are:

epoch : baktun : katun : tun : uinal : day

There are only 13 different baktuns in an epoch (what the prof called an "age cycle.") The baktun # will reset back to the beginning in 2012 (or in 1998, or 2016, etc, depending on which calendar correlation you use.)

According to wiki, each Baktun is 395 years long, so 13 of those would be 5135 years.
What would be the purpose of measuring such practically inconsequential measurements of time?

Last edited:
JSX said:

Ohhh....myyyyy....GODDD!!

The first link that I clicked was the link to page 8 and mate I gotta tell you, I felt like I got the giant stuffed panda at the fun fair by sticking all my balls in the mouth of those scary ball munching clown things.

I spat milk all over my LCD monitor, but it was a joy to clean it up, I haven't laughed that hard at something since I saw a dog shit out one very long strand of spaghetti.

You guys have gotta see the evidence this book shows that the Incas had access to a digital computer....ohhhh boy.

I don't wanna ruin the surprise for ya, just go on and click the link to page 8.
I'll give you a hint though, it ain't evidence of, let's say.....ummmm....powerlines orrrr a generator of electricity, no no, that would be too obvious for this book. It's like my uncle Chop Chop would say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.=D

BBBUUUAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

lol, what other possible use could they have had for a wheel besides a digital computer?

This is the third cycle of the mayan calendar and the fourth change of mankind from original intelligent design.

2012 divided into 3 cycles minus 4 changes of mankind = 666.6666666666666666666666666666

This means.. evil

bikki_muncher69 said:
Yah bu if there is no "old" reality to come back to it could get very very fucked up, you never know maybee the people who trip on that day will ascend and all the non trippers will stay in this reality, I dunno what the fuck to think anymore.

If I were you I'd try not to think at all, then you might not let your mind run away with these histerical, improbable and completely false ideologies.

Whats really gona happen is Jimi Hendrix, Kirk Cobaine, Elvis, and Tupac, will all come back and form a SUPER BAND that will fight evil and opression in the world through their powerfull use of rockin tunes and street rap. You'll all see just watch!!!!

lololololol.... those scanned book pages are hilarious! Who even reads this shit? :D :D :D Man, not to put too fine a point on it but some folks really need to ease up on the drugs.... a lot.

This is silly.

The Myan calender ends in 2012 because thats how far they got into printing it before .,.. i dunno, thier civilization colapsed or something, whatever.

If you decide to print future calenders your gonna have to end in a certian year eventually. Unless your immortal.

Saying the Mayan calendar "ends" in 2012 is a lot like saying the Gregorian calendar "ends" every 365 days on december 31...

Their calendar was cyclical... the big deal with winter solstice of 2012 is that the cycle within the cycle within the cycle within the cycle has finally come to completion, and the circle will continue on into its next 26,000 year revolution.

It doesn't mean the world ends.

ya'll have to admit that it will be preatty cool to witness the end of a 26,000 year cycle though :)

^why, will you then be allowed to drink legally? ;)