2009 Bluelight Meetup Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
m885 said:
Totally impractical, but the Goa region of India would be awesome were costs not a concern. Beautiful beaches, vibrant electronic music scene, but probably incredibly expensive for travel.

Yes and no. My experience is a few years old, but possibly still relevant: the police/bribery concerns are the same as for Thailand. Cops make a LOT of money in Goa out of taking bribes from Westerners they've caught taking drugs. Plus, the locals were becoming keen to get rid of poor, druggie backpackers (i.e., us) and focus on more straight-laced package tourists (which the place was becoming dominated by, Brits and Germans who flew in for a few weeks and didn't see anything else of India).

It's a great place with a great history, but I'm not sure that the present is so good. If we were going to India, I'd suggest Kerala in preference.

But I agree with your Amsterdam suggestion :).

fuck these money concerns

we got over two years to save. anyone who doesn't save up a bit of dosh in that time is simply a fuckin slacker.

[edit] - i've changed my mind already .... i'll just go with the flow .... my only priority is being able to get drugs without having to bring them on an airplane from Australia and also if we are 'busted' - that it is in a place that the authorities are for sale or you don't get executed ..

Last edited:
Travel is cheapest in February and gets progressively more expensive every month thereafter. Not a huge difference, but a difference nonetheless. Booking at least several months in advance though should still make it affordable enough for the vast majority here. Once decided on the spot, we could put together a sample page of average travel rates to that destination from different points around the globe. Fares don't change all that much from year to year, so looking up sample fares each month this year (and next) should give us a good idea of what to expect in 2009. In essence, by checking every month, we'd be simulating someone buying tickets in February, March, and so on. This way we'll have a good average of what people would pay, from the early birds right down to the last minute late comers.

Amor - I was living pretty cheaply as a student when I went to Amsterdam and I pulled it off... stayed at the Krasnapolsky, in fact (one night at the Flying Pig watching people shoot smack convinced me to break the bank and go 5-star) - it's not implausible. But we'll have to talk about this law school nonsense. I don't wish for YOU to become one of THEM. ;) On topic, though, I did pull a 28-day trip to Europe off when I was 21 and still in school, and was not too much the worse bank-wise. It was all paid off by my birthday in April, and I went for winter break.

Amsterdam has loads of fun things to do (even not related to droogs) and is fairly easy to get to/around in.

I love the idea of Thailand or India, but I think we'd be able to keep a lower profile in Amsterdam. It's also a great stop on a European tour... I know I'll be spending some time in Dublin, London, and a few cities in Germany on that trip.

For non-North Americans: In the meantime, there will be many US/Canada meetups, some more formal than others, so if you're hankering to meet with some bluelighters this side of (either) pond, just talk to some. :)

Diego Blunt said:
a place that the authorities are for sale or you don't get executed ..

Always a great thing to consider... Oh, and maybe we should also limit the search to places with running water and electricity. :D

Last edited:
Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, but may I suggest we also keep it on the low-low about drugs.

I'm not trying to be anal about rules. Regardless of where we end up, it's a good idea to keep a low profile and that starts now. Just my two cents. ;)

Last edited:
AmorRoark said:
^ or a college/law student living paycheck to paycheck. 8(
What the... STUDENTS are allowed? 8(

Didn't get that fucking memo. Bah, I'm not going now. :X

I'm totally down to go wherever except Thailand, India would be cool. Amsterdam is a fun place to party and the drug laws are lax in clubs and on the street.

I agree no USofA, maybe Turkey... Istanbul is a nice place or Bodrum Anatalya.

Oh and lets skip Greece.

OH OH OH or Cyprus, a nice Medi Island would be soooooo soooo soooo fun esp with bluelighters and some of the hotels/pharms on the island are great about helping you find substances... heh

Students AND Townies?

Fuck that noise. I'm out.

I'll be in bed if anyone needs me.
=D=D=D=D=D

euphoricnod said:
I'm totally down to go wherever except Thailand, India would be cool. Amsterdam is a fun place to party and the drug laws are lax in clubs and on the street.

I agree no USofA, maybe Turkey... Istanbul is a nice place or Bodrum Anatalya.

Oh and lets skip Greece.

TURKEY?@!

Lovely place, less lovely prisons.

i wouldnt mind going to somewhere centrally located in europe so like jillian said we can travel it out. Ive never been to europe and ill be dammed if i want to just stay in one city for the whole time im there.

hopefully by 2009 the statue of limitations will have run out for the last attempts at a major meetup...

Yo, you people got it all wrong...

What we need to do is invade some defenseless nation and take over, and start our own country. Someplace that would gain us favor from the free world, like with oil fields or some shit. Then we will make our own bluelight constitution and will become a global power due to our zionist beliefs towards drugs. The world will flock to our borders, cuz well, its pretty much accepted that all people in the world want to try/do drugs but opressive powers that be prevent it, right?

This would make meetups real easy too. We will make so much money from manufacturing and selling that we will be an economic power uncontendable by all. So we wont have to worry about anything, and with our HR focused constitution health related side effects will be minimalized. We can even break up into city states based on forums (sux to live in NMI prolly, course the Lounge will end up being the next Sodom and Gomorrah and well i guess were all pretty much fucked there). Just think, Staff forum city would be more holy a relic than all Vatican City.

Im quite confident our glorious nation can be accomplished by 2009. Start making phone calls, everyone!

26.gif
32.gif
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.