2009 Bluelight Meetup Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I had to pick one place to do it, it would obviously be jamaica.
Jamiac was fun fun fun!

I went there- to Ocho Rios- took my boys and daughter in law back in April. IT was a 'methadone is over with' vacation.=D

Too much partying, sun and ganga.8o 8o

But it was a blast!

Squeaks said:
I like the idea of an Amsterdam meet-up but not sure how my wallet likes the idea.

Well, that's why we have 3 years to plan :)

I see people's point about the cost of flying out of the US, but for the rest of us, flying into the US, and paying for accommodation, is going to be incredibly expensive. Not to mention that your drug laws are stricter, and more closely enforced.

I'm also loathe to tack this onto the end of something like Starscape. I'd much rather it was something really special, something that we'd created and hosted for ourselves, by ourselves.

I'm of the opinion that the only way to ensure us no problems with the law is to have enough bluelighters to form a small army and either perform a coup d'état on a government or take a fraction of the land and form a new government.

This new country with hence be called Bluelightland and people will speak bluelightish. We will gain prosperity by legalizing all drugs and working with the russian mob for distribution. Any non-natives after the coup d'état will be named greenlighters and a crime of rape upon a greenlighter by a bluelighter will not be prosecuted. And other crimes will be punished by the tieing to a tree and dosed with large amounts of lsd. The punishment will be carried out by the local magistrate or "mod".

I think we should look to west africa due to it's lack of proper army. If we have enough bluelighters we should look to take over The Gambia due to it's small size and funny name.

I thought we agreed on Amsterdam.

Otherwise, I know this beautiful spot in Virginia where we could do whatever we want. It's a several thousand acre campgrounds that we might be able to get all to ourselves for a week. If there's any interest, I could make a price inquiry.

But, I think Amsterdam is still the best place for this.

What it all comes down to is it's going to expensive for some no matter where it takes place. Europe may seem like a middle ground between Australia and America, but it really isn't. If we keep in mind things like exchange rates (as long as they stay the same way they are now), the upshoot of airfare costs and other inevitable costs... it is unlikely that many Americans will be able to afford a European vacation.

I think in order to be fair to the largest amount of bluelighters, we should rationalize where *most* of the attendees would be coming from... I'm not sure how we could go about figuring that out but I'm guessing administrators have access to the numbers of posters from the various regions.

Personally, I'm all up for crashing xtcxtc's abode. I think he's smart enough to know if you give a mouse a cookie... ;)

i think the island in thailand is brilliant, just as long as noone invites that leonardo guy...what a tool.

ok bad joke, so forreal...i am so up for europe/amsterdam, if you bluelighters suck in person, or if for some odd reason, noone thinks i am as brilliant as I do....it would still be a fabulous trip, and not at all a waste of money!!

as fun as an island would be, i am not sure i want to be stuck on an island with just BLers...

there is enough drama for an after school special at most meetups (i've been to), i want to be able to escape from it. a big city is good for that :)

How about Winnipeg, in the summer time?

Legal age is 18. It's kind of in the middle of Europe, Australia, and the States, too.

However, you might not find a whole lot of fun things to do in Winnipeg.

^at that rate, i still vote ohio. we atleast have cedar point :p

i am not serious, i just miss everyone and want people to visit me!

I'd be down with Ohio. So many peeps in the US are from there, that way they can put their money into other things instead of air fare..

Plus it's close to Chicago!1!!! (most importantly)

But I would also not object to Canada or Jamaica.. or y'know, a private island rented by xtcxtc. Or a big cruise boat. Hell, international waters are great for anything! We could have small skirmishes..

Last edited:
Amsterdam, Budapest, Prague, or .....Evissa (even though it's overdone, the "party" scene still beats most places)

my initial reaction to carl's suggestion is the same as jj's. the drug laws in thailand are just too fucking ridiculous.

but reading his posts, as he is there now, it seems to be quite an alternative. the living expenses there seem the be the main advantage, as well as the unusual setting (for almost all who attend) can make the meetup truely something special.

i'm still up for amsterdam if that's what's decided, but damned if I'm going if this is held in the states. Such a thing will trivialise an otherwise special event, and i'm just as concerned about laws over there as i am with those in thailand.

hahaha. you shouldn't be concerned about the drug laws in the States, lefty. don't worry. I've broken them every day for years. and I've never got thrown in a jail. for drug-related reasons, that is ;)

I am sooo down! I will travel wherever, except the US. They would not
let me in because I am convicted for smuggeling drugs :(

But, I will travel anywhere in Europe to meet you guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.