2009 Bluelight Meetup Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokey-tokerson

Bluelighter
Ill go! (You know that you've not been paying attention in life when you have to check what year it is on your computer!)

That would be awesome!

Where should we have it?

/everyone argues for the place closest to home.

:D

I'll travel at the drop of a hat as it is, so I'm definitely in.

You're a wise man, Charlie Brown... oops, I mean dr seuss. :)

dr seuss said:
i can promise that whatever happens you will get to see GL in female clothes.
I know we'd see it anyway, but why not make it SF LP (assuming they're still sponsoring it) and kill two birds with one stone? Then we'd get to see GL in all his glorious element.

excellent! here are my thoughts on the location:

ideally it should be not america. this is because you guys have some fucked up government and fucked up police and fucked up drug laws going on. sorry but it's true. plus you already had BR2 and we all know how that turned out (see my first post).

seriously tho, whilst you're the majority part of the board, i think it would be more pleasant for everyone involved if we had a little island to ourselves in the pacific somewhere or an encampment at a friendly european festival etc. etc...

whatever, whenever and however we might decide on a location, it's worth making it clear from the start that some people WILL have to travel, some will have to travel a long way, and that now is the time to start tucking away some cash so that there's no heartache later on.

just think of the fun we could have!

How about Amsterdam?

Rent a rowhouse and 'ave it RIGHT off.

It's a short jaunt from the UK and most of Europe, and the fact that it's The Dam is enough to lure a lot of people.

:D

Europe works best for me.

1 vote

:)

P.S. 2009 is soooo far away though. :(

Just what the dr ordered!

I'm down for it. Bring it on, biznatches.

I hope Spencer comes. I wonder if he's still whoring his ass around and addicted to rophynol? :D :D =D

So besides Amsterdam, what other European choices for the poll? Glastonbury? Ibiza is so 90s methinks.

It will never work. Bluelighters are some of the most unorganized, irresponsible and unmotivated people on Earth. What you'll get is basically a European meetup with perhaps a smattering of Americans. I doubt any Australians have the money to make the trip.

I'd go only if Morrison's Lament goes.

Last edited:
I'm down if I still got the cash. Three years is a lot of drugs, I might be poor by then.

I'll go if its in amsterdam :)

Benefit said:
It will never work. Bluelighters are some of the most unorganized, irresponsible and unmotivated people on Earth. What you'll get is basically a European meetup with perhaps a smattering of Americans. I doubt any Australians have the money to make the trip.

I'd go only if Morrion's Lament goes.

you pessimist ;) that's pretty much 100% true though =D

Benefit said:
It will never work. Bluelighters are some of the most unorganized, irresponsible and unmotivated people on Earth.
No kidding. Just look at how many of them regularly flake on meetups in their own cities. 3 years of "planning" won't do any good, because most BLers have forgotten about it long before then anyway.

Nonetheless, I'd still say SF LP was the best option. It's fairly centrally located between Aus and Europe, it's a hub for travel and therefore relatively affordable for the Aussies, it takes place roughly around the actual BL anniversary (Oct) and LP will have built-in entertainment with plenty of lodging.

Besides, you'll never get that many US BLers to travel overseas for a meetup. We're the most important anyway, so why should we have to travel? ;)

Although Europe would be my first choice, I'd go to the US... if that fortress was still accessible in 2009. :p

;)

Let's have it at a Laker game. That way Jeff and I will be happy, mzfluffy can have a rendezvous with Kobe after the game and the Brits will get a taste of what a real sport is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.