• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2006 NFL Thread

Well how bout dem Saints eh? 23 - 3 schlaking of Atlanta!!

I've been refraining from talking shit until they beat a decent team....and well they did.....and absolutely destroyed Atlanta....

The offense had really been clicking, for the most part, this season....but i was seriously impressed and surprised by the Defense and special teams play....that was what won the game for them....they have almost all no-names on that side of the ball and they did a brilliant job of containing Vick....very disciplined pass rushing and the secondary did a great job as well...

The coaches have been brilliant in the way they have been using Reggie Bush as well....not only is he being used very frequently as a receiver....but also as a decoy that really opens things up for everybody else...They have alot of weapons on offense and Brees is really starting to get comfortable in there too....

capt.abdf944cb9a94019a1daef720087e4aa.falcons_saints_football_nua179.jpg

i was impressed with going to that rookie wide receiver, he's got some moves, hard to believe he almost wasn't drafted. major props to N.O.

as far the seahawks/giants mess, i ought to at least say i am horribly ashamed right now. what are my boys thinking? still hold to my comments about the seahawks not winning any championship, though. it doesn't look like the g-men will either, though.

JerryBlunted said:
i'm looking forward to revenge in seattle for last year's tough loss.

:D :D :D

What was the score when I decided to change the channel? 42-3?

Squeaker!

still hold to my comments about the seahawks not winning any championship, though

Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman and most notably -- myself, disagree! ;)

what do jimmy johnson and troy aikman think about shaun alexander's broken foot?

Hypnotik1 said:
Well how bout dem Saints eh? 23 - 3 schlaking of Atlanta!!

I've been refraining from talking shit until they beat a decent team....and well they did.....and absolutely destroyed Atlanta....

The offense had really been clicking, for the most part, this season....but i was seriously impressed and surprised by the Defense and special teams play....that was what won the game for them....they have almost all no-names on that side of the ball and they did a brilliant job of containing Vick....very disciplined pass rushing and the secondary did a great job as well...

The coaches have been brilliant in the way they have been using Reggie Bush as well....not only is he being used very frequently as a receiver....but also as a decoy that really opens things up for everybody else...They have alot of weapons on offense and Brees is really starting to get comfortable in there too....

capt.abdf944cb9a94019a1daef720087e4aa.falcons_saints_football_nua179.jpg

Yeah,sorry dude but that was the most unfair game in the history of football.It's like me coming to fight you at your mom's house with your whole family there after you've just overcome some major sickness..We'll see what's what when they play again at the dome.

I predict Drew Brees won't even make it through the season.Probaly not until the next time they play Atl.. He's a whimp..I would'nt be suprised if not only Atl. beats NO next time they play,but so will Carolina.NO has Cinncinatti,Pittsburg and Baltimore coming up soon..They might not even win another game this year!lol NO had two 'gimmie' games to start the year.Cleveland and Greenbay.Not exactly powerhouses lately.Atl. had three division games to start the year in the toughest division in the NFL.

Last edited:
ChemicalBeauty said:
:D :D :D

What was the score when I decided to change the channel? 42-3?

Squeaker!

Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman and most notably -- myself, disagree! ;)

yeah, it was a bad game, mainly coaching problems moreso than problems with talent on the field, though. the giants don't have any problems that are unfixable within the next month or so. meanwhile, the final score was 42-30, which is still a loss, but shows the offense's ability to put points up in a hurry.

once they get more balanced and start scoring like that early in the game it's lights out. look how they took the colts to the wire, how they rebounded on the eagles, and how they tried to dig out of that hole in seattle. its only a matter of time.

seattle isn't a bad team, but they aren't going to be champions.

ok so looking at the texans schedule, if we dont win next week in tampa, we will most likely go 0-10.

hopefully we'll learn our lesson, have the worst record again, and pick up adrian peterson who IMO has close to as much potential as reggie Bush

^Yeah,that team is a victim of the upper brass making poor decisions.Is Mario Williams even still starting? Adrian Peterson would be a good pick next year.

At least they have Cleveland to play at the end of the season so you know they'll probaly win one game at least.

It looks pretty obvious at this point that the Bengals are one of the best teams in the NFL, maybe THE best. Their cracking of the Steelers proves that when they have their leader Carson Palmer back in the drivers seat, they will be very hard to slow down.

Who dey! Who dey! God that'll be fun to post after every week. Next up is taking down the Patriots.

And I bet Pitt won't even make the playoffs, those 1-2 losers!

^ yep. cincinnati vs. new england on sunday should be an interesting game.

new orleans 3-0! i wonder how long they can ride this wave?

alasdair

smotpoker said:
Who dey! Who dey! God that'll be fun to post after every week. Next up is taking down the Patriots.

apparently 'dey' is a team that is suspect at best.

sickpuppy said:
.Not exactly powerhouses lately.Atl. had three division games to start the year in the toughest division in the NFL.

dude I hope you were joking when you said that the NFC South is the toughest division in the NFL. I will bodly say that no division from the NFC can even come close to proclaiming they are the best in the NFL - and the NFC South is far from it. NO looks good early, but they will be only a little better than average. ATL should be good but you never know when they will turn it on and have a winning season or turn it completely off (for the past like 5 years they have a winning season then a losing season). Carolina looks a lot better now that they have Steve Smith back, but they are one injury away from not winning any more games at all.

and don't even make me start on Tampa Bay...

with that being said what does everybody else think that the toughest division is? please don't say the NFC South!

The NFC south is notoriously said to be the toughest division and I tend to believe it.NO obviously is a threat to any team.There's no other team other teams dread to play more than Atl.,and Carolina is actually a better team than both of these,despite their bad start.Following the NFC south is the AFC north with Cinnci,Baltimore,and Pitt..Followed by,the AFC west,then the NFC east,then the AFC south,the NFC north,then AFC east,and finally the NFC west.

Last edited: