• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2006 NFL Thread

Week 1 biggest (near) upset:

detroit held seattle to 9 points! goddamn! maybe the bears will actually have competition this year?

the Bears got it so lucky in that division, I swear.

on a more serious note Randle El is lighting it up for the Washington Redskins. as much as I hate to see an athlete like Randle El leave the Steelers, I can understand why he leave for the Skins. instead of getting the ball a mere 3-5 times as in Steelers games (and special teams) he will be a much bigger player for the Skins. Washington is impressing me. I am predicting they will go deep into the playoffs this year.

yeah but in pittsburgh he got to be a part of a championship; in washington he'll get to be a part of mediocrity and wasted talent. ups to him for getting a proper payday with the redskins but thats an organization i have no faith in...

apparently farve slunk off the field early so he wouldn't have to shake hands with da bears after being shutout. that's a punk move if i ever heard of one.

i heard a great story on npr this morning about a guy in chicago with a furniture business who promised to give away all his furniture if the bears shut out the packers (which they did).

he kept his word and offloaded $300,000 worth of merchadise to willing recipients free of charge. turns out he had insured against the loss. still, funny...

alasdair

SHUT OUT!

Thank you for the early Christmas present!

And a very special thanks to my boy:

player%282427%29180x180.jpg

how about my boys the g-men with that amazing come back? eli was looking good in the end there. its just so fucking unfortunate that such a talented team is so undisciplined (these penalties are killing them, doing far more damage than the opposing teams). hopefully the kinks will get ironed out as i'm looking forward to revenge in seattle for last year's tough loss.

^ Yeah, the Giants get definite props for that. When Coughlin comes back to Jax, on Nov 20, it's going to be one hell of a game :D

what are you putting on the line? a guarantee is worthless unless you specify what you'll do if you're wrong...

:)

alasdair

^ Make me an offer I can't refuse. What do I have to do if I'm wrong? What do I get if I'm right?

ChemicalBeauty said:
Seahawks will bring it all home this year, absolutely guaranteed.

:)

the need to get it the fuck together then... they should've blown arizona out last week. so many wasted opportunities and foolish penalties. kinda reminded me of the superbowl;)

^
pl_259344.jpg

thanks for giving me the opportunity to post that cravN and CB, I've been waiting a good 3 pages to post this =D

the seahawks probably won't even win the NFC, let alone the Superbowl with Cincy, Pitt and the Colts in the AFC circling like sharks.