• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2006 NFL Thread

hypnotik, I think you're right. The saints will move to L.A. eventually regardless of how many games they win.

As far as the Clinton Portis situation, the last I heard is that his shoulder popped out, then back in. Of course he will be better by week 1, but still not 100%. :X

This is why I hate preseason. too many damn injuries

smotpoker said:
People never respect the Nati and this proves it. That's ok, the BEST team in the league should get the toughest schedule.

people don't respect the "nasty Nati" because you have to earn respect. nowhere in life is respect simply given, and football most certainly is not an exception. granted, they had a great year last year... but what about a decade before? and their first-round playoff making year is getting tainted with all those players who heard the sound of jail cell doors closing in on them.

however, the Bungles most definetely do have the toughest schedule in the NFL. I would say the whole AFC North is one helluva tough division.

the Steelers will miss Jerome Bettis, but I think they will miss Antwaan Randle El even more. how much they miss El is up to how much Santanio Holmes fills in his boots.

I would take Willie Parker over Jerome Bettis anyday. are you people forgetting his longest SB run in one play, already?

and I predict the Redskins to at least go two rounds in the playoffs.

youarewhatyouis said:
now on to the only division in football that really matters, the NFC East. Skins will crush everyone and take first

I hope, for your sake, that you are joking when saying that the NFC East is the only conference that matters. not counting current laughing stocks like the Eagles and the Cowboys, the NFC won't be half the division the AFC is for most likely a couple more years.

it does run in cycles, but the AFC's dominance and the NFC's cupcakeness isn't through just yet.

brownies always plagued with injuries... when will the losing end :(

Lecharles bently out for the season... as well as an Olineman and corner out till start of season.

The Packers are looking better than I expected they would, but the team is definitely really young, and I'm expecting they'll still be working out kinks at the beginning of the season. If they go eight and four I'll be happy, and they're the only team I care about!

the only question about what the packers will do is whether or not farve will throw less than 20 interceptions.

he should really hang it up. he's an obvious hall of fame player and he's only hurting his own legacy at this point. it's just painful to watch.

I can't believe no one mentioned the Lions yet. I mean, they're obviously going to win the Super Bowl.

... I can dream can't I?

On a more serious note,

chrisfarley1.jpg

Go Bears.

The only thing the Packers have going for them is the Buckeye they got, AJ Hawk. He will be their MVP this year.

kittyinthedark said:
The Packers are looking better than I expected they would, but the team is definitely really young, and I'm expecting they'll still be working out kinks at the beginning of the season. If they go eight and four I'll be happy, and they're the only team I care about!

Are they just not going to play the other 4 games? (16 game season)=D

smotpoker said:
The only thing the Packers have going for them is the Buckeye they got, AJ Hawk. He will be their MVP this year.

the only non-dismal aspect of the Packers's year this year will be AJ Hawk on defense. it's a proven fact that former players from the Ohio State University more than succeed in the NFL.

I look at Green Bay to go approx. less than .500. which, hell, is better than last year.

would any of you fools wanna play fantasy football???

I'm in 2 leagues already with friends IRL, but I wouldn't mind being in one more :)

Palmer looked good. I'm glad to see that. I'm a former Bruin, but the Bengals are an exciting team, and to see him go down the way he did last year was shitty to the max.

yes it was sad, for lack of a better word, to see Palmer go down like that. however, he took his merry time to heal and skipped around reporters' questions about his playing status - mostly whining or putting it all in the hands of Marvin Lewis while Marvin said it was in the hands of Palmer.

you have to be tough to be a QB in the NFL these days. someone like Ben Roethlisburg who got in a life-threatening motorcycle crash and STILL showed up to pre-season training camp is almost EXPECTED nowadays.

wow last night was a true ass raping by the bengals on the packers. palmer looked very good, favre not so much.

originally posted by axl blaze: "yes it was sad, for lack of a better word, to see Palmer go down like that. however, he took his merry time to heal and skipped around reporters' questions about his playing status - mostly whining or putting it all in the hands of Marvin Lewis while Marvin said it was in the hands of Palmer.

you have to be tough to be a QB in the NFL these days. someone like Ben Roethlisburg who got in a life-threatening motorcycle crash and STILL showed up to pre-season training camp is almost EXPECTED nowadays"

Are you f'n kidding axel? Palmers injury normally takes 12-16 months to heal, he was back in 7 1/2? So to say he was taking his merry time getting better is absurd. Palmer avoided the media because he doesn't like to give the media crap to spin around. I think it's very professional. Not wearing a helmet to ride your motorcycle isn't. And when the hell did he whine? I think you will find out the hard way that the NFC north as well as the NFL will be owned by The Nasti Nati. But you're a Buckeye so I won't give you to much grief on the subject.

BTW are you gonna be at Heinigate (sp) for the showdown with NI on Saturday?

hehehe. I suppose what you are saying makes sense, torn ligaments are a hard injury to come back from. I guess I was just trying to get a rise out of you ;) even though I am a die-hard Stillers fan, I am happy to see Palmer back. I want everybody, including Ben of course, to be in ship-shape so we can represent our division well and nobody can say nothing about it.

but hey - ya'll can have the NFC North Crown if we can have the SuperBowl once again!

yeah, I was at the Northern Illinois games on Sat. it was fucking awesome!!

Im projecting the Texans go 6-10, but im definitely rooting for the cowboys to win the super bowl.

so what about the manning bowl tonight? i think the giants have a damn good shot thanks to a strong pass rushing defense. i think the game will come down to defense v. defense and i give the edge to the new york football giants. though, the strong wind that was forecast isn't going to be a factor which plays to the colts.