• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vash445 Wow! So was that originally the ...579.pdf sample or the ...312.png sample? And yeah, that's looking a lot more like the magic sample, and the MDMA NMR references online (e.g. the UN doc)

@vash445 Wow! So was that originally the ...579.pdf sample or the ...312.png sample? And yeah, that's looking a lot more like the magic sample, and the MDMA NMR references online (e.g. the UN doc)
312.png sample . Self synth safrole via benz wacker batch... pretty sure dis one as we ran the Hell out of that NMR. the one Vecktor did nov. 18th ish

Attachments

• MDMAnmr.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 9
@vash445 right, got you. Very exciting.

My knowledge of such things is limited but after going through the column you have several fractions right? Any possibility of doing the NMR on the other fractions to get a 'clean' view of the contaminant that was originally present?

@vash445 right, got you. Very exciting.

My knowledge of such things is limited but after going through the column you have several fractions right? Any possibility of doing the NMR on the other fractions to get a 'clean' view of the contaminant that was originally present?

No idea, sorry mate I asked if he still has the layers to investigate, the amount of product was only 1-2 grams so I don't expect much solvent anyways

*edit he said he has the solvent still but the product was already pretty clean to begin with...

Last edited:
So, theoretically, something was there in addition to the MDMA that was largely flying under the radar, and the silica column cleared it? What is a silica column and is that something people could try on their own product?

So, theoretically, something was there in addition to the MDMA that was largely flying under the radar, and the silica column cleared it? What is a silica column and is that something people could try on their own product?

Column chromatography is frequently used by organic chemists to purify liquids (and solids.) An impure sample is loaded onto a column of adsorbant, such as silica gel or alumina. An organic solvent or a mixture of solvents (the eluent) flows down through the column. Components of the sample separate from each other by partitioning between the stationary packing material (silica or alumina) and the mobile eluent. Molecules with different polarity partition to different extents, and therefore move through the column at different rates. The eluent is collected in fractions. Fractions are typically analyzed by thin-layer chromatography to see if separation of the components was successful.

Ayyone can run one.. thou yield is largely dependent on the skill of the chemist. Things like solubility, eluation, the rate the solvent is dripped thru column, the size of the hole of the column... It's not hard just takes practice to nail it. a vacuum handpump or fluid transfer kit or similar can make the vacuum needed for packing without to fancy/expense vacuum to pack the column. Something like this will probably work, as long as you don't pull solvent thru it. on to pack the sand.

And yes something was there in addition to the MDMA that was largely flying under the radar

Last edited:
No idea, sorry mate I asked if he still has the layers to investigate, the amount of product was only 1-2 grams so I don't expect much solvent anyways

*edit he said he has the solvent still but the product was already pretty clean to begin with...

No worries. I presume then that the visiualisation technique used didn't show anything on the non-mdma fractions. So the contaminant isn't visible to that method? I guess you could just NMR each fraction but I appreciate that's probably a lot of work

I was looking at a couple of videos, and the first one they didn't use any kind of pump - just let gravity do its thing. Is this feasible? And what solvent did you use?

Once you've got your fractions, could we just use reagents to locate the mdma? Or is that too rough a procedure.

The pump is to settle the sand/silica. Not sure if gravity will work. I know you can let gravity work for solvent... I have no idea the solvent or any idea on the parameters he ran the reaction. I will get more info as it becomes available. But you should not run a cheap vacuum with solvent thru it that I can say.

Last edited:
Standard size for flash column (230-400 mesh) 40-63 um with a 60 angstrom . Solvent Methanol/DCM

Last edited:
Great. I'd love to help but not sure what I can do. I was thinking about the recrystallisation but since you've had success converting a sample, I'm thinking I should give the chromatography a go. All a bit of a learning curve but oh well, hopefully it'll be well worth it.

Great. I'd love to help but not sure what I can do. I was thinking about the recrystallisation but since you've had success converting a sample, I'm thinking I should give the chromatography a go. All a bit of a learning curve but oh well, hopefully it'll be well worth it.

Well interpreting GC/MS or NMR reports in any helps.

We also plan on setting up a bitcoin and monero address for donations to run the NMR. These solvents aren't free and anything is greatly appreciated a Energy control test is $75 and is subsidized, I imagine without connections these NMR aren't really cheap to run either and people with access to one can't run a sample cuz work will flip out so ... Anything would be appreciated (that goes to anyone )

From a cursory glance at r/mdma it seems like everyone there is getting magic stuff..

Easy to think so. You send a sample to a testing center, and they tell you that it's +90% pure MDMA, of course you think it is good stuff if you haven't done your research. Also, if you have never done real MagicMDMA, you just accept that MehMDMA is what MDMA experience should be.

Even MehMDMA produces pretty unique experience, so people are satisfied with it.

Last edited:
The reason I prefer GCMS to NMR is GCMS has a seperation step (the GC) prior to the detection (MS) which allows you to get clean spectra for the individual compounds that elute. A NMR machine does no seperation and, while you can absolutely use it to determine purity, it is not quite as elegant as a GC analysis. NMR of mixtures can indeed throw things around, and the detection limit for impurities in NMR is also much higher.

1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-propanol is "AKA" MDP2P-ol, and is the overreduction product of 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-propanone "AKA" MDP2P. Both of which would be present from metabolism of MDxx in vivo and are effectively inert flavor compounds. I've had plenty of MDMA rhat had some MDP2Pol and ir was no better or worse than any other MDMA, once you account for the purity.

MagicMDMA, you just accept that MehMDMA is what MDMA experience should be.

Are we still circulating this playground myth? MDMA is MDMA no matter how you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.