• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we may have found this already (it’s been years on this project folks) but I just stumbled on another thread about amphetamine impurities and how around 2014 a large increase of intermediates began popping up in batches analyzed in Spain. (Around the same time the most used reduction changed too for MDMA.)

In the thread the guy talks about how 1-phenyl-2-propanol can cause sedation and ataxia (loss of coordination) and this intermediate compound is analogous to MDP2P-ol found in Indigo’s EData report. It also correlates well with Indigos experiences with that particular product.

I think I can firmly say at this point that MD-P2Pol AT LEAST has mild psychoactive effects that likely interfere with MDMA.

-GC

I will get on with it and take a proper look at the NMRs as soon as I get the time, Apologies for the delay but I am a little busy at the moment and I would rather do it properly.

Thank you for taking the time to do this!!! This is truly a team effort and I thank everyone who has helped so far

One possibility is that @vash445 got Sample A and Sample B mixed up, and the results that are currently mis-placed are the Sample A results (1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-propanol impurity), and this file is actually Sample B.

Quite possibly, I mean this is all I had was given, I was def given the magic sample and 1 result of indigo, I've been meaning to get ahold of my friend. But he has been busy.

NMR is a poor tool for identifying mixtures... would prefer a GCMS or LCMS

GCMS or LCMS IS MISSING it. ALONG with MALDI. I'm pretty sure my FIRST meh sample was GCMS and MALDI for confirmation . Confirmed 97% MDMA base . I said really cuz I did not get high really... And neither did a molly virgin.The tester was like ya me neither... GCMS is not simple they are missing it along drugs data and Energy control are missing something. Trust me my friend was easily fooled once on the report

Last edited:
Quite possibly, I mean this is all I had was given, I was def given the magic sample and 1 result of indigo, I've been meaning to get ahold of my friend. But he has been busy.
@vash445 we can always clarify this with a 2nd sample B analysis. That will clarify what is going on.

@Hilopsilo & @sekio Sample 579.pdf already had GCMS analysis through Drugs Data. They found MDMA and 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-propanol. I thought we were doing NMR because GCMS was not picking up all the contaminants clearly? @vash445 could comment more on that, but I recall that GCMS did not pick up anything wrong with his meh sample, and so they did NMR. I may not be remembering correctly.

I just read a research study showing NMR to be good for determining complex mixtures, and equal to GCMS. @sekio Is there a reason why GCMS would be preferable?

@sekio I had a private lab (IE NOT ENERGY CONTROL or drugs data) so they have time for mine vs other things/samples they ran GC/MS with MALDI . Molweight came up on point for confirmation and nothing really odd with the GC/MS. An NMR was done after the fact and this is what was found in the NMR...

Last edited:
hey i read your NMR and these are my dumb guesses:

i should point out that 3,4-DMMA may resemble MDMA on both colorimetry and GC/MS, particularly the latter as it fragments into similar things. i do not know of available colorimetric data for 3,4-DMMA. it is practically inactive which may account for the lack of stimulant activity (even mydriasis) in samples

hey i read your NMR and these are my dumb guesses:

i should point out that 3,4-DMMA may resemble MDMA on both colorimetry and GC/MS, particularly the latter as it fragments into similar things. i do not know of available colorimetric data for 3,4-DMMA. it is practically inactive which may account for the lack of stimulant activity (even mydriasis) in samples

You need to check the FIRST MDMAnmr sample as well... I have uploaded it as well on Scimad. Your idea of a 3,4DMMA or 3,4MDDMA like this are being introduced into the ecstasy supply by high-volume drug traffickers because they are cheap to produce and known to fool colorimetry is sound. But probably wrong because batch 1 was private lab and had this issue as well. Def was NOT cut check the first NMR we posted ;)

Last edited:
WE are trying to make NMR meh batch 1 active. We will attempt to clean it with silica, retest and Reeat after completion, a uv stain was done with ninhydrin and UV shows 1 active compound. This shows it is an AMINE and there are no other amines UV stained or not.

Last edited:
WE are trying to make NMR meh batch 1 active. We will attempt to clean it with silica, retest and Reeat after completion, a uv stain was done with ninhydrin and UV shows 1 active compound. This shows it is an AMINE and there are no other amines UV stained or not.

So, if the UV stain only shows one active compound, then that would mean the only active compound is MDMA, right? If it is not MDMA, but is instead some active variation of it, then cleaning it won't matter, right? Or, are you saying there is one additional compound besides the MDMA?

So, if the UV stain only shows one active compound, then that would mean the only active compound is MDMA, right? If it is not MDMA, but is instead some active variation of it, then cleaning it won't matter, right? Or, are you saying there is one additional compound besides the MDMA?

It should only be MDMA... Thou im told now that Ninhydrin does not react with MDDM or other tertiary amines

It should only be MDMA... Thou im told now that Ninhydrin does not react with MDDM or other tertiary amines

I am confused. How will cleaning help if there is nothing there besides MDMA? Clearly, it is not the same as the other NMR, because of the additional spike. If there is only one compound, but the NMR does not match the NMR for MDMA, wouldn't that mean it is actually a different compound?

I am confused. How will cleaning help if there is nothing there besides MDMA? Clearly, it is not the same as the other NMR, because of the additional spike. If there is only one compound, but the NMR does not match the NMR for MDMA, wouldn't that mean it is actually a different compound?

Ninhydrin does not react with MDDM or other tertiary amines so there could be something the TLC is missing

Update Meh NMR sample #1 has went thru a silica column the NMR looks more in line with magic now. Will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.