• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE WORST FOR CONSTIPATION IS CODIENE......Suboxone isnt that bad...............methadone is bad too for const

I hope your concern is not justified. So far day 4 and it got a little better but I'll take some Promethazine this night.
On Monday I have my first therapy appointment so further measures are initiated.
My habit was never that bad and until recently I had one day breaks in between irregularly.
This time I mean it and I have a good motivation. Football season is over (would fit better to Xanax I guess).

Here's the deal I have never seen anybody succeed when they were not stable in the first place. If you are not sleeping your withdrawl symptoms are going to be worse. Insomnia symptons can mimic mild withdrawl symptoms. When I say stable I mean sleep,diet,emotions,and meds. I have always prepared before tapering anything. Now tapering from medium doses of subs to low doses is relatively easy, but jumping off that last little bit is a motherfkr. Which you will find out for your self, but there is some good news, everybody is different you might do it with mild discomfort. Bad news is your doctor has you doing it the hardest way possible next to cold turkey. Well try your doctors way, and if that doesn't work you can try the way 100s' of BlueLighters have used. READ THIS WHOLE THREAD! Good luck!:)

Sometimes i wonder if it is good for me to stay on subs. I have no motiivation,constipated,always hot. Then whenever i decide to quit ill have to go throuhg hell WDs and PAWs all over again

realistically, and I've done this shit before....you gotta give yourself a month.....Of course, that month seems like much longer when you're doin it....I'm going through a sub detox currently....I'm still taking 1mg a day, but I know that its when you reach zero that it really starts to suck!

I found a sub doctor here, and I have an appt on the 13th of may....man, I dont have that much sub left!

IME, getting off of it sucks, but it's not completely undoable!.....You just have to get through it!

^I've been on and off it a bunch of times....It's easier to titrate your dose than "street drugs"....I don't know that I really "regret" taking it!

IMO, it's better than methadone in a lot of ways....

IV'ing 2mg's is way too much. Most IV bupe doses are in the sub-milligram range.

Agreed

Sometimes i wonder if it is good for me to stay on subs. I have no motiivation,constipated,always hot. Then whenever i decide to quit ill have to go throuhg hell WDs and PAWs all over again

It's better than relapsing on heroin or being addicted to heroin, that's for sure.

Your choice, your life, so it's up to you, but I'm glad I'm on Suboxone.

but there is some good news, everybody is different you might do it with mild discomfort. Bad news is your doctor has you doing it the hardest way possible next to cold turkey.

I was only on 1mg for a short while, took Tilidine in between for one week and then 0,8mg, 0,4mg, 0,4mg. I don't think this is nearly as bad as cold turkey.
But yeah, insomnia hitting in. Will listen to audiobooks until I sleep again.

Can anyone tell me if it is likley for me to experience wd's if i have been clean for about a month and snort 2mg subutex? Im just feeling extremley down (prob the paws) plus some other shit thats just making things worse... Its sunny and i just found an 8mg tab, fought i got rid of it all (cunt) any advice would be appreciated, by the way i was on around 6-8mg sub for 6 months and did a rapid detox over ten days and went thru HELL.

I have a question about subs.

I'm seeing my GP on the 13th and I'm going to ask if she can prescribe me subs (or refer me to the clinic so I can get them there, whatever, as long as I get them). I have gone cold turkey from heroin before but I've never STAYED clean. Would being on subs help me stay clean? I can deal with detoxing cold turkey, that's just what I've always done - it sucks like a bitch but it's possible to live through. It's after that first 10 days or so. I just go pick up more because I want to get high. I crave it so badly.

Basically my plan is to pick up dope this Friday, then use til however long what I get lasts me. Then at my GP appointment ask for subs. I know I have to wait 24-36 hours before taking suboxone after I've taken heroin. I mean I know the basics. But does it really help? I have no experience with any sort of aid in getting clean and I really think I need to try something because I need to stay clean. I know that I want to, deep down. I just need a bit of help.

Is there any way of getting this bloody buprenorphine out of my system faster than waiting until withdrawals get unbearable? (other than glucose solution or something similar given i.v., so it clears my blood)

I'm sick and tired of Suboxone, I was at 8mg, tried diminishing it, but this shit is not less physically addicting than morphine or heroin, my cravings are stronger and stronger, I was out of this as soon as possible. I can't sleep and I can get no sleep medications (I'm also addicted to BZDs, so herbs like melissa or valeriana won't do a thing). I simply want a single moment of peace. And it seems only morphine/heroin can give this to me.

EDIT: I can imagine my tolerance is high although I felt completely nothing from buprenorphine other than being free of physical withdrawal. Could anyone tell me what dose of hydrocodone, oxycodone, or whatever other full agonist popular around the world (but this shitty hole I live with) he/she needed to get a true opioid relief having jumped off x mg of buprenorphine? Please, don't judge me.

Thanks in advance

I have a question about subs.

I'm seeing my GP on the 13th and I'm going to ask if she can prescribe me subs (or refer me to the clinic so I can get them there, whatever, as long as I get them). I have gone cold turkey from heroin before but I've never STAYED clean. Would being on subs help me stay clean? I can deal with detoxing cold turkey, that's just what I've always done - it sucks like a bitch but it's possible to live through. It's after that first 10 days or so. I just go pick up more because I want to get high. I crave it so badly.

Basically my plan is to pick up dope this Friday, then use til however long what I get lasts me. Then at my GP appointment ask for subs. I know I have to wait 24-36 hours before taking suboxone after I've taken heroin. I mean I know the basics. But does it really help? I have no experience with any sort of aid in getting clean and I really think I need to try something because I need to stay cleanthe bupe. I know that I want to, deep down. I just need a bit of help.

I am impressed you can go cold turkey cause I could not. Subs will stop the withdrawl the prescribing dr. will tell you how and when to take it. As far as the cravings go you need to decide if they are from not wanting to be sick or your desire to get high. Subs are a miracle drug they will take away the withdrawl no problem, but the bupe in them will stop you from getting high! My cravings went away simply because I knew if I was taking enough subs to take the withdrawl away I was also taking enough to stop me from getting high. So if you are serious about getting clean you will need to distract yourself from the cravings and let the subs take care of your withdrawl. Take the subs exactly as directed or you will not stay clean. I take my doses when I feel the cravings coming. Its not the same as dope but it helps. Good Luck!!!

My last 2 posts on here have just been not replied 2 and forgotten, can someone please give me some advice? my last post is important to me. its at the bottom of page 21....

How long after last suboxone dose before using opiates again.

i've been on and off heroin for the past 4 months now. Just this last month i got a really good job making great money. I want to get off the junk so i am on a one month waiting list for the suboxone doctor. so im basically trying to avoid a withdrawl until then. I scored a 8mg sub strip and took half (4mg) at 3 a.m. with great sucess. I took the other half at 10 a.m. the same day. I am unable to score another sub, so i know i will be getting some kind of opiate until my doc visit 3 weeks from now. So I would like to know how long do you think i need to wait after my last bupe dosage at 10 a.m. before i can take an opiate and recieve the full effect. Thanks

because you took such a high dose (8mg), you wont be able to get high until 48-72 hrs after you took the sub at 10am.

next time, use the search function, this question has been asked SOOOO many times.

I've taken 8mg and was fine after 36 hours. However, I have a slim body build & a fast metabolism..

^ yes everyone is different. i have taken 1mg in the morning, and at night got sooper high from roxicodone.

it really depends on your metabolism, age, genetics, lifestyle, ect... as everyones's body is unique. the general rule of thumb is 48-72hrs to ensure that the user gets the FULL experience. also precipitated WD is not fun either

As you would have found from using the search engine or google... it varies from person to person depending on metabolism etc. Some people only need to wait 12 hours, some 24, some longer. Nobody is going to be able to give you a concrete answer because we are not you. The average is around 24 hours. High doses obviously require a longer period of time to get out of your system.

I've taken 8mg and was fine after 36 hours. However, I have a slim body build & a fast metabolism..

I also am of a tall slim build with a very fast metabolism. i was honestly going to just go 24 hours. I figure since i only dosed twice in less than 8 hours i would be fine.

Being the impatient drug addict that I am, I just injected a cap (what we call a "hit" around here) of some fairly strong heroin. Just a few minutes shy of 12 hours since my last suboxone dose, I no longer felt the effects of the suboxone and I was able to score some H. The plan was to wait until I got off work tomorrow morning before i dosed, but with all my might I just couldn't wait. But to my surprise i felt most, if not all of the dose. I'm thinking since I have such a fast metabolism and since I don't take suboxone every day for months at a time, that the bupe had passed through my system allowing me to feel the dose. Lucky me i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.