• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me if it is likley for me to experience wd's if i have been clean for about a month and snort 2mg subutex? Im just feeling extremley down (prob the paws) plus some other shit thats just making things worse... Its sunny and i just found an 8mg tab, fought i got rid of it all (cunt) any advice would be appreciated, by the way i was on around 6-8mg sub for 6 months and did a rapid detox over ten days and went thru HELL.

You will not wd if there is not any other opiates in your system chances are you will not get super high but you wont go through wd either but you are starting on a slippery slope dont depend on a substance to get through the tough times because pretty soon all the times are tough. But you wont wds from 2mgs you should be fine if you are clean.

My last 2 posts on here have just been not replied 2 and forgotten, can someone please give me some advice? my last post is important to me. its at the bottom of page 21....

It would take a few days/week of using subutex to get dependent again. If you're clean now, no longer psychically addicted, then using once is not going to get you re-strung out.

Day three after jumping at 2mg.....not as bad as morphine...worried about paws. I am a chronic relapser. This time took hiatus from work. Surrounded with non users that will call bullshit on me if need be. Very hopeful.

In answer to your question 1.5 years later....the constipating effects of Suboxone for me a two year maintenance user are nil.
A large component of my opiate addiction is related to chronic IBS or rather some sort of nasty stomach issue (stress contributes to this but is not the whole cause) I have tried eliminating everything from my diet. I use Opiates largely for the constipating effects of opiates.
However, Suboxone provides NO associated bowel relief to me unless I combine Benzo's or Soma or something to make subs feel like a full agonist.
I alternate between plugging and Intramuscular injections.
Let me be clear there is NO associated high with IM though plugging does leave one with a small rush.
Here is the kicker for. The dose. I am satiated with 2 mgs as compared with 16 mg Sublingual. In reality it's more like I can get by with 1/4 of my regular SL dose. I must dose every day this way. I could go everyother day while SL possibly longer. Carries? Not for a Bezo addict like me!
Subs are not cheap in this fairyland and its not covered by any insurance plan. I have been doing this with not a single infection knock on wood for over two years. I realize the risk and I would love to use Micron filters but they so expensive.
IMO Suboxone has approx 15% of the constipating factor of Morphine

Not nearly enough for this cat but methadone made me want to die. So I can't complain.
Stay safe BLers
'Not a real doctor but I do have a TV"

So I switched to the films since we last talked. Man the film suck it hard. They are literally half the strength of the tablets for me. At one point I down to 2mg tab, now 6mg film doesnt do crap for me. I tried all the retarded methods ROA's man with the films they al b.s. Whatever they suck end of story. I not injecting like a loser so forget that option. "I get 100% thru injections". Nice one keep doing that.

So I switched to the films since we last talked. Man the film suck it hard. They are literally half the strength of the tablets for me. At one point I down to 2mg tab, now 6mg film doesnt do crap for me. I tried all the retarded methods ROA's man with the films they al b.s. Whatever they suck end of story. I not injecting like a loser so forget that option. "I get 100% thru injections". Nice one keep doing that.

That doesn't make much sense. They are still the same bupe content.

^
Maybe he doesn't allow the drug enough time to be absorbed ie. Swallows too quickly?

I've heard plugging works great with subs, but personally I like IVing mine. But to the above post, the strips are the exact same potency.. you should be getting the same effect

plus bupe is meant to be taken sublingually so are you letting dissolve all the way?

That doesn't make much sense. They are still the same bupe content.

I agree, as much as I loathe hearing someone say this ---> I think its in your head. Unless you're not letting it dissolve, etc that makes no sense. I started out on films, switched to tablets, then back to films, and no change in potency at all, actually I like the films better minus the price. But ill go back to rule #1, everyone is different.

"Jsquared's other half" What makes someone a loser for their ROA? I wouldnt be so quick to judge people.There are alot of people who think all drug users are losers whatever there ROA is ROD RAMSEY. This def isn't the place for you to call anyone a loser. But like everyone. Else has told you it sucks to say but it's more than likely in your head.

I've been on suboxone for a year (started at 3mg for a few months, then 2mg since). I've tapered down within the past few weeks and plan on tapering more and more. My strategy is to reduce by about .25mg per day as soon as I feel comfortable on my current dose.

Two weeks ago I took a total of 12.5mg, roughly ~1.5-1.75mg a day. This past week I took 10.25mg total. I'm slowly reducing both my weekly and daily intake. Is this effective? When I get low enough, I will switch to every other day, then every third day, etc. I basically want to minimize the severity of withdrawal. I know it'll be long no matter what, I just don't want to be too crippling.

I've been on suboxone for a year (started at 3mg for a few months, then 2mg since). I've tapered down within the past few weeks and plan on tapering more and more. My strategy is to reduce by about .25mg per day as soon as I feel comfortable on my current dose.

Two weeks ago I took a total of 12.5mg, roughly ~1.5-1.75mg a day. This past week I took 10.25mg total. I'm slowly reducing both my weekly and daily intake. Is this effective? When I get low enough, I will switch to every other day, then every third day, etc. I basically want to minimize the severity of withdrawal. I know it'll be long no matter what, I just don't want to be too crippling.

That's how I tapered the 1st time, & when I stopped completely I had minimal discomfort. I was a little lethargic & felt lazy, I mean zero energy at all, but no sweats, aches etc. I was like that for a couple wks but after that was fine. I'm back on subs again because after a few months I relapsed, yippee. But yeah, it does help to draw out the amount of time to taper.

I started tapering down Suboxone because I noticed it's been causing more problems than it's been solving. I'm now 99% sure that my sweating, trembling, palpitations, and weird anxiety (unlike that of BZD withdrawal) come from naloxone and there's no Subutex available here (even if it was, I'd be suspected of getting high off it...). I'm doing it myself, I didn't consult my doctor other than telling him that I'm thinking about it, because I don't want to have to ask for increasing it if something unexpected happens.

Originally I was on 8mg, I decreased it to 6mg and took 6mg for 4 days, then 4mg for 5 days, on day 9 I collected Suboxone and ran into my doctor, so I was forced to chew 8mg again, on day 10 I took nothing, on day 11 4mg, on day 12 2mg, and during the following night I started having thoughts about morphine and heroin. I saw myself injecting that brown solution of street heroin citrate. I smoked a tiny ball of weed (it helps me to fall asleep and not to have tiring thoughts, because I've got my sleep screwed up by BZDs), but it didn't go away. So I thought "my body needs that damned Suboxone", cut the big 8mg pill into 8 pieces and sucked ~2mg into my mouth and kept it under my tongue for like 10 minutes, and then I took another ~2mg (I don't know if it's true, but I noticed that when I take a smaller dose first, then buprenorphine from it will "help" buprenorphine from another dose fight that naloxone "rush" - sweating, heart pounding, abdominal pain etc.).

When I was injecting that heroin in my thoughts, I got shivers and got cold. I had my earphones on listening to the music I had heard so many times in the past during shooting up. After like 15 minutes I felt a very weak surge of warmness after that heart pounding anxiety subsided. I'm pretty much sure it was placebo, because I tried dosing like this having gone down to 1mg dosage. Now 1mg buprenorphine / 0.25mg naloxone actually makes me feel worse and causes symptoms I attributed to not enough GABAergics (trembling, sweating, anxiety even after phenobarbital mixed with weak BZDs, I mean those often prescribed to fight every day stress - stupid, I know).

How am I supposed to get off it if I had hit the dose at which side effects from naloxone can't be ignored, there's no Subutex in my country, and buprenorphine-only pills are exclusively prescribed for pain? I'm beginning to worry that one day I will lose control over myself as I'm still experiencing every day problems that I was experiencing when I got into addiction, actually it got worse, and those thoughts about getting nodded out are more and more often. Even if I am all right with no real cravings for GABAergics, I throw things and I'm angry (which makes me take anything I can get in a matter of 5 minutes and probably does more harm than morphine would do, e.g. amphetamine and various benzodiazepines or barbiturates - the latter is rather because I can get no clonazepam which kept me stable with the dose...).

I have no idea what I could do other than 1) increasing the dose back to 8mg, staying in Poland, and waiting for death in loneliness or 2) keep tapering down and completely destroy my nerves. If I do 2), then I'm almost sure that I will get heroin shortly as there's really nothing stopping me or nothing that I'd care for. Any ideas are most welcome, thanks in advance.

I started tapering down Suboxone because I noticed it's been causing more problems than it's been solving. I'm now 99% sure that my sweating, trembling, palpitations, and weird anxiety (unlike that of BZD withdrawal) come from naloxone and there's no Subutex available here (even if it was, I'd be suspected of getting high off it...). I'm doing it myself, I didn't consult my doctor other than telling him that I'm thinking about it, because I don't want to have to ask for increasing it if something unexpected happens.

Originally I was on 8mg, I decreased it to 6mg and took 6mg for 4 days, then 4mg for 5 days, on day 9 I collected Suboxone and ran into my doctor, so I was forced to chew 8mg again, on day 10 I took nothing, on day 11 4mg, on day 12 2mg, and during the following night I started having thoughts about morphine and heroin. I saw myself injecting that brown solution of street heroin citrate. I smoked a tiny ball of weed (it helps me to fall asleep and not to have tiring thoughts, because I've got my sleep screwed up by BZDs), but it didn't go away. So I thought "my body needs that damned Suboxone", cut the big 8mg pill into 8 pieces and sucked ~2mg into my mouth and kept it under my tongue for like 10 minutes, and then I took another ~2mg (I don't know if it's true, but I noticed that when I take a smaller dose first, then buprenorphine from it will "help" buprenorphine from another dose fight that naloxone "rush" - sweating, heart pounding, abdominal pain etc.).

When I was injecting that heroin in my thoughts, I got shivers and got cold. I had my earphones on listening to the music I had heard so many times in the past during shooting up. After like 15 minutes I felt a very weak surge of warmness after that heart pounding anxiety subsided. I'm pretty much sure it was placebo, because I tried dosing like this having gone down to 1mg dosage. Now 1mg buprenorphine / 0.25mg naloxone actually makes me feel worse and causes symptoms I attributed to not enough GABAergics (trembling, sweating, anxiety even after phenobarbital mixed with weak BZDs, I mean those often prescribed to fight every day stress - stupid, I know).

How am I supposed to get off it if I had hit the dose at which side effects from naloxone can't be ignored, there's no Subutex in my country, and buprenorphine-only pills are exclusively prescribed for pain? I'm beginning to worry that one day I will lose control over myself as I'm still experiencing every day problems that I was experiencing when I got into addiction, actually it got worse, and those thoughts about getting nodded out are more and more often. Even if I am all right with no real cravings for GABAergics, I throw things and I'm angry (which makes me take anything I can get in a matter of 5 minutes and probably does more harm than morphine would do, e.g. amphetamine and various benzodiazepines or barbiturates - the latter is rather because I can get no clonazepam which kept me stable with the dose...).

I have no idea what I could do other than 1) increasing the dose back to 8mg, staying in Poland, and waiting for death in loneliness or 2) keep tapering down and completely destroy my nerves. If I do 2), then I'm almost sure that I will get heroin shortly as there's really nothing stopping me or nothing that I'd care for. Any ideas are most welcome, thanks in advance.

Just about everybody has a hard time getting off subs completely. If I was you I would stay on a low dose and talk to my doctor about finding a comfortable way to discontinue the subs given the other problems you are having mentally.

I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I didn't expect to actually feel worse at any dose. It's not like I'm getting WD symptoms because of too low dose, but there's simply something wrong, not opioid about 2mg/0.5mg dose and lower doses. When I tapered down methadone, I began feeling badly at some point too, but then it was because the dose was too low to cause opioid-like effects and I just had to sweat it out or increase the dose and extend the taper-down schedule, I decided to do the former. With Suboxone I feel as if it was bad being on it and bad being off it. :\ It's not a strong discomfort, it's much much lighter than what I experienced on methadone, but it's augmented by other stuff. I won't increase the dose then and get off it after I leave. I can get a supply for 2 weeks at most, so I won't tell that I'm getting off it either, so I will have enough to spread it over time. There's at least one thing it does well - it's the only thing now stopping me from relapsing.:\

Talking to my doctor won't help me at all. He keeps asking me how I feel and when I tell him that I feel lonely and I need to meet some people, he replies that I isolate myself from other people. He doesn't listen or doesn't understand that I'm afraid people don't need me because they have friends from school, university, work etc. and I lost all my contacts, so it's hard for me to go anywhere, because I will be facing it all alone (well, some clubs' selection also don't accept 5 single people if they can let a group of 5 people all friends...). Maybe if I move, it will get better. People in Western Europe are generally much more open.

Cheers!

EDIT: Oh, and in the opinion of my doctor coming to the program to collect Suboxone is good for me because it forces me to go out... He said that just after I told him that I'd been always more depressed and anxious on the days I collected Suboxone. How is facing people who would never talk to me on the street or people who are placed on methadone for life going to help me? I don't talk to either, because the program staff shows pity and I hate it more than hatred, and methadone patients treat me as someone "different", but in fact they envy me I can live without getting high (??? as if it was all easier for me than for them, I was in the same shit they were, getting off methadone was a hell for me, maybe even worse than it would be for most of them as I was always the one suffering the most from morphine/heroin withdrawal among people I knew).

Not to mention that the program is on the main street of the city, so the fact I'm in the range of like 1,000 people eyes or more doesn't help either. Going past girls around my age laughing or kissing with their boyfriends is humiliating.

Last edited:
help trying to jump off at .5 mgs a day of subutex insuflated after 2 years on them...was at 1mg for 2 months now have been on .05 for 4 days..only have 2 8mg pills left and now live in a new state where it is impossible to get subutex and all the docs round here want like $500 for a visit and dont prescribe subutex..just want off completly ..please any advice would be helpful..what kind of withdrawl symptoms can i expect gointg from .05 a day to nothing..thanks all

olskool

If you mean 0.5mg, and I bet you do, then my piece of advice would be spread the remaining 16mg as much as you can, and most importantly stop snorting, it's smoother taken sublingually. You could jump off your current dose and it shouldn't be much of a problem for your body to adjust as your last 0.5mg will stay in your system for a long enough time, so you don't feel a sudden fall. You will probably experience just some boneache, a bit restless legs (but nowhere near what happens after abrupt discontinuation of short-acting full agonist), maybe lack of strength, and increased sensitivity to stimuli. If you can have a positive attitude, then you will be successful. Buprenorphine being a partial agonist doesn't kill endogenous opioids action completely, so it will take much less time to achieve homoeostasis. You don't need to pay those $500 and you don't need any more Subutex than you have. 16mg is a lot, considering your daily dose. If you really think, it's going to be hard, then dissolve a small piece of a pill and go down gradually (0.5mg -> 0.4mg -> 0.3mg, if you feel the difference, it'll be placebo, you playing with yourself). Any kind of depression that may be apparent comes more from other stuff people have in their heads and struggle with. After a month at most of some lethargy, you should be able to regain strength to get up in the morning (provided that something else is not affecting you negatively).

Don't be afraid of this change. People have it in their nature that they get used to a situation and even if they don't feel 100% comfortable, they prefer suffering than taking risk to be happy (myself included unfortunately). Cheers!

thank you so much for your advice adder i really appreciate it . well w/o anymore medicine i really dont have a choice, i will trake your advice and try to spread it as thin as possible

I am stressing out big time. My supplier told me he no longer has the 8mg orange N8s... What am I supposed to do here? When the strips were released I tried them once and they were so bad I had to go back to the N8s. I solved that problem by overpaying just to get the ones I wanted (pills instead of strips). Now I am being told that it is impossible to get N8s? I spent the passed 30 minutes on these forums and I can't find an answer for certain. Are the N8s discontinued? Are the only options A) strips B) the new generics?

Some background.... For about 8 years I would spend week after week doing a combination of cocain, extacy, vicodin, xanax, vallium. My life was a living hell... Three years ago a dear friend of mine introduced me to the N8s. I have been 100% sober ever since. The once and only time I did anything was take a hit off a blunt at 420 last year and that was it.

I'm seriously worried here. If I have no choice but to go to the strips, it's like saying I might as well throw away the passed 3 years of a successful life. I don't know anything about these new generics, Just a couple of pictures from google and this website that I've seen.

I never inject, I never had the courage to do things like that. Either I put break the N8 into four pieces and take a quarter under the tounge every morning... Or I break the N8 into eight pieces and sniff an 8th every morning.

I'm so stressed out this week because my monthly supply is fast running out. Someone give me some advice here please.

I got the N8s from Walgreens not even a month ago, I thought they were discontinued, but I guess not....

the strips are better though! Pretty much anyone who's ever switched will tell you that...higher absorption rate and everything...you're just bein a hypochondriac and imagining things, which happens to a lot of people....

Status
Not open for further replies.