• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Desperate PLEASE HELP- Bernese Method

Nowornever1

Bluelighter
Hey everyone I just read a thread on here about the Bernese Method. I’m very interested in possibly doing it if there’s a high chance I don’t have to intensely suffer and go through pure hell like I usually do when I end up using after being clean for around 3-6 months. That’s been my pattern for the past 5 years out of the 8 years of being a junkie. It’s crazy that it took me this long to discover that such a method like this even existed. It almost sounds too good to be true. I’m kind of mad at the 12 rehabs, 13 mental hospitals, 4 suboxone doctors, 3 separate stints at the methadone clinic, 7 detox centers , 5 outpatient programs, and and the crazy amount of AA and NA meetings I’ve attended and still they failed to inform me of this option that sounds almost too good to be true. And I’m only half serious about being upset. It’s obviously not anyone’s fault or responsibility for my lack of knowledge and ability to get a hold over my addiction. But after reading a little bit about this method I became inspired and excited because I have some hope now that maybe I don’t have to deeply suffer like I usually have the countless times I’ve gone through this. I am not very familiar obviously with Bernese Method obviously since I just found out about it like an hour ago and that’s why I’m writing this. I know there are so many intelligent, experienced, and familiar people that are on this forum and they struggle with addiction like me. I wanted to get other different perspectives and angles in regards to my specific situation. So I lived in California for the majority of my junkie career and my thing was slamming black tar heroin and I enjoyed mixing it with some speed from time to time not only for the pure enjoyment I felt from it and as insane as it sounds I also mixed the two because I loved doing big amounts of heroin so jI thought adding speed might lower my chances or prevent overdose. I’ve overdosed a few times already and I thought I came up with a remedy by combining them. I believe the h may have been cut with fentanyl sometimes but I don’t know for sure and it’s probably irrelevant to my current situation right now anyways. So I moved to Florida last year and I stayed clean and took my suboxone but I relapsed after like 4 or 5 months. It’s like I can only hold on for so long before I start itching to get loaded. And so I do. Just like clockwork and once again I’m stuck in this dark place desperate and terrified because I know the painful hell that’s inevitably coming my way. The thing is I tried finding h over here in Florida but I had zero luck. Plus I think in the U.S h in general is definitely scarce and it’s like becoming extinct because of the recent insanely massive influx of fentanyl. My friend that’s in California told me even he can’t find h most of the time just fent. And I’m in the same predicament because being on fent just tripled the amount of time and pain of the already standard massively painful as fuck detox it takes to get off heroin. So I had no idea until recently that fent stays in a person’s system way longer than h so doctors are saying the suboxone induction process has to be anywhere between 5-10 days after the last time time using. Of course there are different factors that are involved in deciding when exactly it’s safe to transfer over to subs but omg the thought of having to go without anything for 7 days possibly or the nightmare of having to go through precipitated withdrawals again since it’s happened to me 3 times already scares the shit out of me.Right now I’m going hell. 6 days ago I went from shooting up a sickly high amount of fent to for the last 5 days orally taking the blue roxy 30s which barely holds me over. I took 7 pills the first day I was off the fent and then 6, 5, 4 and I’ve been stuck on 3 the last couple days. But I realized something yesterday those pills I’m using to try and soften the blow of my detox aren’t m 30s at all but in fact they’re pressed pills and it’s not much of a mystery what they’re pressed with. Definitely fent. But on a positive note I’m taking a fraction of the amount of fent these last 6 days and just orally compared to the amount of fent powder I was shooting up during the past 3 months. So I’m hurting but I really am desperate to go back on my suboxone and get the hell off this shit but it’s such hell as you already know. Do you think it’s possible with my circumstances I can do the Bernese Method successfully? If I can use that method I wouldn’t want to go back to shooting the powder fent as tempting as it sounds after learning about all of this. I’m sick in the head I know. I guess I would continue taking the pressed m30s in conjunction to micro dosing the subs? The thing is I’m really hurting bad because I’m still detoxing from shooting up all that powder fent just days ago and these pills are like a joke compared to the strength of the other stuff. I’m not taking the necessary amount to stay well. So in this method is it recommended to continue the person’s normal habit like the amount and all that? When I did some reading about the method it sounds like it’s unnecessary to suffer if I do the method properly and plus i thought the method implies that if I don’t have an amount of fent in my body to where I feel well then the method wouldn’t have a positive effect the part where I’m microdosing the bup or possibly throw me into PWD? Or maybe that’s just how I wanted to perceive it. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. So please just anyone let me know what you think and if you think it would work because right now I’m feeling completely lost and scared right now. I also briefly skimmed one or 2 posts on how this method won’t work with someone using fent but it doesn’t make sense to me that it can’t work since it’s worked for people on several different kinds of opiates. I just have to find the correct regimen to follow which I have no idea what that would be. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. And please if anyone gets a chance let me know your thoughts. I’ll be forever grateful.

I have just read up on the Bernese method for the first time myself, and I guess it's worth a try. Have you got a doctor in FL that is familiar with your situation at all? Also I'm presuming you have suboxone already? I would very much suggest that you ask a doctor about doing this first (I understand if you won't, or don't want to, but I would highly recommend it).

@Nowornever1 I just saw this thread, you may be interested in:

I’m currently trying this Monday. Check out the other thread. This method is catching on. My doctor actually prescribed it since it seems no matter how long you wait for fentanyl doesn’t matter.

Hey Now @Nowornever1, sorry to hear your up against the addiction cycle.. shits a world class bitch. You can work this out.

whenever you get a chance please link anything published related to what you have heard recently regarding fents duration in the body and also anything on wait time to prevent precipitated withdrawal.

my is that Fent has a half life that is very short. Half life is traditionally very accurate in predicting length of withdrawal and time needed to prevent precipitated withdrawal when starting or resuming a sub maintenance therapy.

my take is that for straight fent a person would avoid all precipitated withdrawal after three days or probably less of abstinence from it. But I’m certainly interested in others experience and knowledge on this?

pretty standard take on half lives and related experience of common opioids presented here, but it’s from 2009. So it would be great to hear if and why scientific opinion could be changing.

Last edited:
^^ @neversickanymore thank you for that info!

I’m currently trying this Monday. Check out the other thread. This method is catching on. My doctor actually prescribed it since it seems no matter how long you wait for fentanyl doesn’t matter.
I wish you all the very best, please let us know how you go with it <3

It’s .25 first day .25 second day. .25 twice a day second day, .5 a day twice a day second day. 1 and 1 4th day. And so on. I think I’m going to do the 10 days and drag it out as much as possible.

Hey Now @Nowornever1, sorry to hear your up against the addiction cycle.. shits a world class bitch. You can work this out.

whenever you get a chance please link anything published related to what you have heard recently regarding fents duration in the body and also anything on wait time to prevent precipitated withdrawal.

my understanding is that Fent has a half life is very short. Half life is traditionally very accurate in predicting length of withdrawal and time needed to prevent precipitated withdrawal when starting or resuming a sub maintenance therapy.

my take is that for straight fent a person would avoid all precipitated withdrawal after three days or probably less of abstinence from it. But I’m certainly interested in others experience and knowledge on this?

pretty standard take on half lives and related experience of common opioids presented here, but it’s from 2009. So it would be great to hear if and why scientific opinion could be changing.

Not true since fentanyl is short acting but builds up in the body. Read this.

They are seeing more and more people going into precipitated withdrawal even waiting 36 hours and beyond with fentanyl. The fentanyl on the street is not traditional fentanyl.

@tweakette Nice and thank you for the info and here is a little bit more.. it’s older but presents important info including confirmation of the lipid absorption you brought up.

I think your concerns that there my be a new fent analog street side should be looked into. Given fents many undesirable characteristics it makes logical sense producers would look for a longer lasting version with a much less dramatic up and down slope.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for the support. I don’t feel so alone anymore and I feel a sense of hope now after reading your comments. So I’m extremely grateful for you guys and this forum. Yes fent is a whole separate monster because I was at day 6 still still dying and it’s true the half life isn’t very long at all but like most of you guys mentioned it builds up in the body over time and sticking itself into fat cells etc so there are various factors for example what the fent is cut with, how big your habit is, genetics, if you’re taking other meds or drugs. So it’s not like a one size fits all. And as counterintuitive it sounded to me when I first started to read up on it but after doing some research I feel completely different about it and it actually makes sense to me now. Especially when I think back on the 5 years I’ve been on suboxone (except when I would stop taking the subs to go on longer runs) there were a few times I would be able to pull it off and fuck around and get a bag for one day and not go on a crazy binge. And I’d take my subs the next day and be totally fine. Then a few days later get high again and I took my normal subs dose and I once again I was still fine. So I’m committing myself to at least attempt this Bernese Method. I have a few questions about this whole thing though. So once I decided I was gonna follow through and go this route I got more fent so I can do this comfortably instead of suffering I hope. I mean that’s the plan right lol. So I don’t know the exact amount I did but I get the powder in these tiny capsules and I shot up a total of 2 by 11:00pm last night. It’s crazy how in only 6 days my tolerance has dropped a nice amount and I actually felt high instead of the usual just trying to stay well. But yeah I probably didn’t need to do that much. I guess I thought I would still have a very high tolerance so I just did the same amount as that I would usually do. But anyways my question is this- is there a specific order I should do this in? Like right now it’s 8:00am and I feel fine. Do I start with the microdose of subs and when are the right times to do each? I saw some different schedules but I don’t think I found one with specific times. So if anyone can recommend what order I do the fent and subs in and also the time frame in between them both? I have an idea if the dose amount thank you for that tweakette. I also will drag it out as long as possible as that seems to be the safer and more cautious way. Also I have a few 8 mg strips and pills but I feel like I can get the closest dose of 0.2 using the strip so how many pieces would I have to cut it into in order to get a 0.2 dose. I’d rather be safe and start with 0.2 first before 0.25. So if anyone knows that also that would be so hopeful as I am terrible when it comes to math 🤦‍♀️ And I will post more information I find for yo neversickanymore. Thank you all again so much for the support. It made my day feel a little brighter. We can do this 💪

I have just read up on the Bernese method for the first time myself, and I guess it's worth a try. Have you got a doctor in FL that is familiar with your situation at all? Also I'm presuming you have suboxone already? I would very much suggest that you ask a doctor about doing this first (I understand if you won't, or don't want to, but I would highly recommend it).
So from the research I’ve done so far, this not a method that is supported by suboxone doctors and methadone clinics anywhere in America. I’m not fully aware of the exact reason but I’m assuming it’s because the Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT Programs) treat a lot of people for long term maintenance. I’ve been on both maintenance medications and for me I prefer suboxone but that’s neither here nor there. It probably has to do with they would probably lose clients especially methadone clinics if more people were made aware of this other route and the people that work at these clinics unfortunately make a living by the amount of clients they recruit. Plus there is still stigma attached to addiction and maybe some institutions or doctors believe that it should hurt a little as though that’s gonna be the big deterrent that keeps people from repeating the cycle. Which yeah that might work for a few but I know the kind of addict I am that clearly doesn’t work at alll for me because I’m so self destructive and I’ve been in and out of different rehabs and detoxes and mental hospitals for years and I’ve kicked cold turkey several times actually and I’ve also kicked using medication like suboxone and methadone. So honestly I’m not sure why doctors here aren’t at least open minded but I guess they have certain guidelines and protocols they have to follow. I do have a doctor though and that’s why lucky I have leftover suboxone so I can do this but I’m pretty sure if I asked him about Bernese Method he wouldn’t support it. He’s nice he’s just very by the book.

😂 so sad but so true because my experience with this bullshit fent has definitely taught me that. I actually prefer h. Never went crazy over fent especially a few years ago when everyone was like loving it. I think for me it just doesn’t last long at all in my opinion. And don’t get me wrong I’ve been using black on and off for so long that it probably lasts like only 10 more minutes than the fent does anyway but it’s crazy how heroin seems to be disappearing with the more massive amounts of fent that they’re bringing in.

my is that Fent has a half life that is very short. Half life is traditionally very accurate in predicting length of withdrawal and time needed to prevent precipitated withdrawal when starting or resuming a sub maintenance therapy.

Thank you.I’ll check it out right now! I’ve experienced PWD 4 times over the years and I was shocked every time because I always waited at least a full 24 hours after a run with black. Now looking back though and knowing what I do now about fent and depending on certain factors about how crazy long it can build up and just sit in your body for even a few weeks. But I’m almost positive even when I was doing heroin I would get batches cut with fent and I was honestly indifferent when it came to that. It wasn’t a priority at the time to make sure I’m getting my stuff cut with fent because I was just trying to survive. But at the same time I didn’t have the knowledge I only recently came to be aware of about that part about fent. I even remember I waited 48 hours before taking a sub and oh man within 20 minutes I was in full blown withdrawals

It’s .25 first day .25 second day. .25 twice a day second day, .5 a day twice a day second day. 1 and 1 4th day. And so on. I think I’m going to do the 10 days and drag it out as much as possible.
Hey tweakette I really appreciate your dosing advice and I’m gonna plan mine pretty much identical to yours but I’m still really scared so I’m gonna start off with .2 instead of .25 and wait to see if I feel ok. Well I’m gonna try because I don’t even know how to divide the 8 mg strip properly.
I also posted something earlier because I’m uncertain about a few factors and you seem like you are knowledgeable about the method so when you get the chance if you can read my last post and help me with those questions I can kind of put the specific details together for a solid plan. Thank you 🙏

So at 10:30am I took about 0.25mg from an 8mg subs strip and I’m feeling normal. It’s really hard to evenly cut the strip into small pieces like that.

So at 10:30am I took about 0.25mg from an 8mg subs strip and I’m feeling normal. It’s really hard to evenly cut the strip into small pieces like that.
That's awesome dude, good on you for starting it! How are you feeling now?

That's awesome dude, good on you for starting it! How are you feeling now?
Thank you 😊 so I felt fine thank god. The only thing I noticed about 30 minutes later was I started to have a little anxiety but at around noon I did my almost normal dose of fent and felt actually loaded because I wasn’t doing the powder the last 6 days as I wasn’t even aware this existed until my 5th day off the powder and I was just trying to get through the week without fent but downgrading to m30s daily to hold me over. So I thought this was an interesting method but I was under the impression I was almost out of the woods and that I’d be able to take my normal 8 mg dose of subs I’d just have to wait 24 more hours after taking the last blue. But I found out the m30s I got were pressed with fent and I have no way of knowing exactly how long the pill form will stay in my body for and how long the powder form would last either. At that point I was still in so much agony that there’s no way I could imagine going through another week of it. So yesterday I decided I was gonna 100% do this plan so I got more powder fent last night and used once last night and once today but I went back to almost the same amount just a little less as before those 6 days I was off it. I really didn’t think my tolerance would lessen too much but I was wrong and I felt pretty high both times. And not gonna lie I enjoyed it because for the last 2 months I was just using to feel normal. It was impossible for me to get high anymore. So I guess I’ll take the other micro dose tonight and do one more shot shortly after taking the subs? I’m not sure exactly how often or how much it’s safe me to take so I don’t jeopardize the chance of going through as little pain as possible.

Anyone else go through this and want to share their experience as that may shed some more light on what’s up for various experiences over our population.

@tweakette I would love for you to share your experience with this method if/when you get around to trying it. It would be really valuable for others to read about, since it's such a relatively new way of doing things. You're one of our pioneers! <3