• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purty

NSFW:

jDvl7yA.jpg

;)

I did 2 nitrous chargers in a row and went about as deep as I've ever gone, no psychedelics. Though I did have that weed edible. Actually that was an hour or so ago, but WOW. Usually I require a psychedelic to get anything beyond physical stuff from nitrous.

So far, it seems like 4-HO subs are cloudier, more confusing, less easygoing, less stimulating, deeper, and more therapeutic than 4-AcO subs. That's based on 4 subs of DMT, MET, and MiPT. I haven't been able to compare any others side by side
It's fascinating to hear you describe my precise observations about the dfiferences between the 4-HO-* and 4-AcO-* tryptamines. Again, the differences are subtle, but the fact that we came to such similar conclusions means there must be something going on. In the past, I have wondered whether the gradual metabolism of the acetoxy to the hydroxy makes for something like an extended release formula, which affects your body's response. I became suspicious of this because I found that taking a staggered dose of a 4-HO trypt had a similar effect to a single dose of a 4-AcO. Or maybe the acetoxy itself crosses the BBB and is active on its own? Who knows.

I am forced to admit that after dozens of RC psychedelics, I had low expectations from oral DMT. For me, though, harmala tea with full-spectrum alkaloid extract of Mimosa hostilis mixed in has been the only new psychedelic to rank as a top tier medicine. It consistently improves my quality of life whenever I get the balls to go there, which is seldom. I'd rate it as highly as mushrooms and mescaline, although it's utterly unique. It's shame that bypassing MAO seems to make the dosage so inconsistent. Smoked DMT, on the other hand, is more of a party favor for me.
Respect. For better or for worse, I don't have the stamina these days for any drug that requires me to work up any degree of balls before I can take it. I had a handful of ayahuasca trips in my youth, one of which was by far the most harrowing of my life, and that was enough to satisfy my curiosity about that particular brew for quite some time, shall we say. There's no denying its unique power, though... that's for sure.

I made some test kits the other day. I tried them yesterday on some of my RCs and on an alleged MDMA pill my gf had bought a while ago. Seems like they are working as expected :)
Science is cool
Dude, that's awesome. DIY projects like that are a great way to combine recreation and utility.

BTW deems is always available if you extract it yourself... which is super easy (so I've heard).
This is true. I think mimosa hostilis root bark is becoming harder to find, although like anything, if there's a will there's a way...

Last edited:
It's fascinating to hear you describe my precise observations about the dfiferences between the 4-HO-* and 4-AcO-* tryptamines. Again, the differences are subtle, but the fact that we came to such similar conclusions means there must be something going on. In the past, I have wondered whether the gradual metabolism of the acetoxy to the hydroxy makes for something like an extended release formula, which affects your body's response. Or maybe the acetoxy itself crosses the BBB and is active on its own? Who knows.

My guess is that the acetoxy crosses the BB itself, and our individual chemistry determines how quickly the acetoxy is broken down into the hydroxy. Some people find them virtually indistinguishable, and others, like me, experience significant differences. I think we probably just metabolize it slower, so the acetoxy version is how the trip starts, and it ends as the hydroxy (I always find a notable shift post-peak where the two converge in effects more or less).

Still not enough in the way of blinded research to make me sure that the RCs are readily distinguishable from stuff that's very similar. In double-blind conditions who's to say we even distinguish between psychedelics at all? Not much research if at all. Just people's confidence. The factor of having cooler drugs must count for something. Remember the study the did with 100 or 1000mg of LSD and not informing which was which?

I have wondered whether the gradual metabolism of the acetoxy to the hydroxy makes for something like an extended release formula, which affects your body's response. I became suspicious of this because I found that taking a staggered dose of a 4-HO trypt had a similar effect to a single dose of a 4-AcO. Or maybe the acetoxy itself crosses the BBB and is active on its own? Who knows.
My guess is that the acetoxy crosses the BB itself, and our individual chemistry determines how quickly the acetoxy is broken down into the hydroxy. Some people find them virtually indistinguishable, and others, like me, experience significant differences. I think we probably just metabolize it slower, so the acetoxy version is how the trip starts, and it ends as the hydroxy (I always find a notable shift post-peak where the two converge in effects more or less).
Yup. Judging by reports of IV 4-AcO-xxx kicking in almost instantaneously, that indicates to me that it doesn't need to be metabolized to serve as a drug. Differences in individual metabolism might account for why some people find it to be different. I think it's interesting that TheAppleCore tried staggered dosing of 4-HO-xxx and found it similar to a 4-AcO substitution, though! That's interesting enough to warrant testing it out myself.
Still not enough in the way of blinded research to make me sure that the RCs are readily distinguishable from stuff that's very similar. In double-blind conditions who's to say we even distinguish between psychedelics at all? Not much research if at all. Just people's confidence. The factor of having cooler drugs must count for something. Remember the study the did with 100 or 1000mg of LSD and not informing which was which?
Yeah, blinding is important. The power of suggestion is incredibly strong, and individual variation between experiences is already quite high. It's enough to make me give up on categorizing them based on subjective experiences. We'll get there when we reform the laws, though.

Sure. Do I really prefer the $40 bottle of wine to the $4 bottle, or am I partial to the higher price tag? Only a blind test will tell. (I don't actually know of that study, but would love to check it out - do you have a reference?)

Using drugs the way that we do here requires a certain degree of faith in our own intuitions. The reality is that we're self-medicating with drugs that haven't gone through the rigors of the scientific method necessary to recommend them for any usage.

Last edited:
It would definitely be great if there was some double blind research. The power of suggestion is extremely powerful, especially with psychedelics. At the same time, though, there ARE differences in binding affinity, it's not as if they all act in the same way.

Sup folks, been feeling pretty good the last couple days. Actually ran completely out of regular Cannabis yesterday for the first time in a years. But I'd purchased an ounce of this strain that has high amounts of CBDa like 13% or close to it. Well it deff helps with my Nausea I deal with everyday which is fucking amazing. One of the main reasons I smoke so much is because it helps my stomach. And it turns out after doing some reading CBDa is a potent anti-nausea medicine. From what I understand its converted to regular CBD when I smoke it so I suppose that's what's helping. Wonder if there is a way for me to extract the stuff without using heat and causing that conversion.

Regardless its great and I'm gonna save so much money. Mixing it with my regular weed was nice to, really balanced out the high and made it feel so smooth. Thanks guys for telling me about this, it really helped out my life. Anything I can through in my toolbox and fight this sickness is a win in my book. They gave me an 1/8th sample of this pricier one and it tastes so good, swear I feel somewhat high or is it just the anxiety reduction or something. Not sure but all I know is I feel better, that's what's important.

Last edited:
CBD buds get you a little high because they contain trace amounts of THC, and sometimes more than trace THCa, and also some others that are probably somewhat psychoactive (like THC-v). I know that whenever I've had dank CBD buds, I get a little high from smoking just them.

I love CBD bud. I smoke a fat bowl most mornings. It gets me buzzed without getting all groggy like a regular wake and bake. I also use it to cut my weed in joints and blunts. Im going to try to make some CBD dabs soon. I tend to hit my vape pen through out the day and I want to keep doing that without being high all day so Im going to try CBD hash oil in place of regular hash oil.

Feeling incredibly up and down this week, don't know how.

The one moment I can be incredibly euphoric and energetic, while the other moment there is an intense feeling of dread, self loathing and anxiety that washes over me. Most of the time it only lasts like a couple minutes but it's rough. This happens multiple times a day, so weird.
I've had semi intense mood swings for years but never this rapid.
For example, today I was just going for a walk and I felt this very intense feeling in my chest, had to sit down and started crying for absolutely nothing, then 10 minutes later it was over completely. So weird, it's been like that this whole week. Gonna try fixing my sleep schedule and eat healthier.

Sleep is important, people greatly undervalue it. I listened to an expert talk about sleep on NPR once and he was saying how any sleep you miss, you can't just make up for by sleeping longer another night; you simply lose that sleep. No benefits are gained by sleeping longer.

As an adult it's important to get your full 7-8 hours nightly as often as possible if you want to have a more stable life and mood.

Sleep is important, people greatly undervalue it. I listened to an expert talk about sleep on NPR once and he was saying how any sleep you miss, you can't just make up for by sleeping longer another night; you simply lose that sleep. No benefits are gained by sleeping longer.

As an adult it's important to get your full 7-8 hours nightly as often as possible if you want to have a more stable life and mood.
Yeah I'm absolutely terrible at this.

Sorry about that Buzz, sometimes its like that :(
Yeah, sleep and exercise normally help.

My sleep schedule has been shit lately too.

I'm lucky in that bzd use and keeping with my partner's schedule (she's the bread-winner if you will) have given me consistent sleep finally. It can be hard to get good sleep though, I too have struggled with it. Blackout curtains, a white noise maker, and setting the temperature down to 68 degrees F at night have all been very helpful as well.

Last edited:
Yeah I have the room I smoke Herb in primarily with blackout curtains to keep neighbors from peering in. Was supposed to be like a guest bedroom but has quickly turned into our storage space as we have no attic or garage in this house. Personally I get shit sleep due to my work schedule alteration between morning and nite I can never get in a rhythm. Like to sleep with the TV on and watch/listen to Podcasts. Have to have something to occupy my mind than I just drift off at some point. Hope you feel better Buzz, your the best Bro :)

Status
Not open for further replies.