• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardio is important because your heart is your life source. Also it’s the best way I’ve found to release endorphins, that runners high is amazing and very similar to low dose opioids. My favorite cardio exercise is the rowing machine because it’s a full body exercise.
As far as supplements go definitely add some extra protein to your diet either with food or shakes. BCAA’s are good, maybe something to boost testosterone like Tongkat Ali, Ashwaghanda (I like the KSM extract), a multivitamin with a good amount of zinc, fish oil. Something for energy like Cordyceps mushrooms can be helpful too.
Exercise is the single best thing I’ve found for my mental health. It helps me get out of depressive states. Also it’s great as something to replace drugs with.

Yeah cardio is just super important, it is by far the form of exercise that goes the longest way towards making you feel good, it releases the most endorphins and has the greatest emotional balancing effect. Not only that but it's the main measure of how actually healthy and in shape you are. You can have big muscles and not really be in great shape, though weight training does provide some cardio exercise, too. But the best cardio is constant medium intensity over a longer period of time, at least 20 minutes but 30 is better. My favorite is the elliptical machine, because it is no impact on joints (which is important for me and in general as you get older). The rowing machine is also good and also does a lot for your core. I used to love running but it hurts too much now.

Though if you do a lot of walking and also badminton (love badminton by the way), you might be good, actually.

I really like a good pre-workout supplement, containing caffeine and various proteins and creatine, and B vitamins, among other things. Helps me feel pumped up and ready to work out, which improves my motivation and stamina.

Though if you do a lot of walking and also badminton (love badminton by the way), you might be good, actually.
I really like badminton, I'm OK, but my skill ceiling isn't very high as opposed to other racket sports that I'm just naturally very good at.
I find it very to give a lot of precise direction to the feather, and I can't execute the way the game is played very well (deep feathers, close, deep etc....) because my low backhand just lacks the needed depth for some reason. So playing is just me suffering with very few winners =D

I haven't played it a whole lot and it's been a LONG time since I have, but I really enjoyed it, my family got a badminton set when I was in middle school so we played in the yard sometimes.

A badminton set is a great investment, always.
If I am going to commit to something cardio intensive (aside from swimming which I also do) it needs to be something that is a game where I can WIN =D I just love the 1v1 grind, 2 equals trying to outplay and improve. I'd pick up tennis again, but tennis is hard and if the serve sucks you just get punished even harder.

Squashing might be the solution.
Or wait, you guys know of paddle tennis? It's a huge hype here in western Europe, don't know if it's the same in the US. They're constructing fields everywhere, hype... plague.... where's the difference.

A badminton set is a great investment, always.
If I am going to commit to something cardio intensive (aside from swimming which I also do) it needs to be something that is a game where I can WIN =D I just love the 1v1 grind, 2 equals trying to outplay and improve. I'd pick up tennis again, but tennis is hard and if the serve sucks you just get punished even harder.

Yeah tennis is really hard, so frustrating when any of the people p-laying aren't good, too, because you spend so much time chasing after the ball. Crazy how easy it is to launch that thing into the stratosphere. I have never gotten the hang of it.

Awesome! Yeah it's deeply transformative to get into working out, especially if you never really have before. I went all the way through my life until I did ibogaine, having never really worked out for strength, I was in cross country in high school for one year but it had been a long time. I had very little muscle strength, I was skinny and had so little core muscle that I had a slight hunch and my body was starting to hurt. I got into working o8tu and did so 5 days a week for 2 years. I completely transformed my body, ever since I have had a different body shape and even when I am out of shape (like now), I am not skinny and I have a baseline level of strength. I look a lot better and am a lot more comfortable with my body and self.

My recommendation is to do 30 minutes of medium-intensity cardio with every workout, and alternate body areas... do an upper body day and a leg day, and do core every workout day. Core muscles are so important and will do the most towards making you feel better and be truly strong. Good exercises are rows, sit-ups (holding weight to your chest if you can, on an inverted bench if you can), planking (this shit is awesome), and deadlifts if you can (personally I can't anymore, they hurt my back too much now that I'm older). Farmer's walks are also good.
Try bridging instead of deadlifts, they are a lot safer and are actually really good for your spine

I spent much of this week in a sort of panic that I need to find a job... but currently I'm about to have to try a new doctor for my alprazolam script, and if he cuts me off I won't be able to eat food until someone renews my script. Him being a new doctor (and young... none of the older doctors were taking new patients so this Indian dude better be chill...) I'm terrified of how he'll react when I say, "I've been on alprazolam for over two years and require it to eat food and live." If I can't eat food, I can't very well work, now can I?

I don't 'need' to work because my wife provides for us, but not enough that we can spend money on things we want yet don't need. I was able to buy a new rifle this past month but only because I'd sold some of my things I didn't need anymore for cash.

Anyways, I'm anxious as fuck about this new doctor. If he refuses to rewrite my script I may not be able to eat for, well... as long as it would take to see a doctor who believes in the hypocritic oath. Right now every doctor I've seen has required at least one month notice prior to being seen... can't exactly not eat for a whole month.

I'm really trying hard to get out of the substance d syndicate and the triple six Mafia. I feel like I'm deeper in both than you could ever imagine.

After roughly twenty years of both it's extremely hard to change. I would be a completely different person around here if I succeed. I'm not even sure I'll be posting anymore. What would I post about if I'm not advertising for them like I usually do?

That sounds crazy to post even to me, but it's kind of true.

Triple six I think I can live without, but it's gonna be hard to cut ties with the syndicate. Not that they aren't kinda the same thing.

I ordered some of these funky ketamine analogues going around.

And gave away the last of my acid.

Had a wonderful day with my family.

And yes working out is such a natural high and when you do it in company jt becomes a social thing too, hate cardio though which is kinda weird cause I'm basically built for running lean with long muscular legs. I'd much prefer swimming really.

I spent much of this week in a sort of panic that I need to find a job... but currently I'm about to have to try a new doctor for my alprazolam script, and if he cuts me off I won't be able to eat food until someone renews my script. Him being a new doctor (and young... none of the older doctors were taking new patients so this Indian dude better be chill...) I'm terrified of how he'll react when I say, "I've been on alprazolam for over two years and require it to eat food and live." If I can't eat food, I can't very well work, now can I?

I don't 'need' to work because my wife provides for us, but not enough that we can spend money on things we want yet don't need. I was able to buy a new rifle this past month but only because I'd sold some of my things I didn't need anymore for cash.

Anyways, I'm anxious as fuck about this new doctor. If he refuses to rewrite my script I may not be able to eat for, well... as long as it would take to see a doctor who believes in the hypocritic oath. Right now every doctor I've seen has required at least one month notice prior to being seen... can't exactly not eat for a whole month.

I wish you luck. Sucks that good meds are so demonized these days, but I bet you'll find it. Have you tried bromazolam for the purpose? it's extremely close to alprazolam, just a chlorine replaced with a bromine.

You'll be ok CG. That script will get written like a knife through warm butter. It is your med and is known for relieving some of the stomach muscles. I know someone that takes lorazepam for that for years. Put that stigma vibe out of your head. I get it though. Hopefully it just becomes an afterthought and automatically refilled month after month.

I have to do some research on bromazolam. You know I like that for a trip come down etizolam hits in 20 minutes. But if I had another benzo that took more time to hit it would just creep up on me. When I take etizolam after a trip I am usually asleep in an hour or two. I would not be too bad to have something slowly hit. I'd get to stay up longer. :)

I am a nerd about this crap though. So I assume I will get a powder at some point and try and make a solution. I may have questions. But I do need landing gear so interested in any of the safer benzo's.

Have you tried bromazolam for the purpose?
I have; it works well but is strongly amnesic (whereas alprazolam is clear headed for me) and has a tendency to put me to sleep. It also seems to raise my general bzd tolerance for days after. Fun benzo but not terribly practical generally.

Even the female rappers I represent in the female rapper thread, drug music in the drug music thread, and the whiteboys in the whiteboy trunk music threads I've created are related to the Mafia. Not the least of which the Memphis trap classics thread. How can I remove this from my life?!

Life has been a trip this year. Went thru some dark lows and rode it out nearly gave up and now life is better than it ever has for me. One year on from my massive LSD journys of 7 + tabs i have achieved and smashed out every goal on my trips that transformed who i define myself as today. I also cured my PTSD with ketamine + LSD. I have not had a PTSD nightmare since end of june now.

I been working out getting stronger eating clean.

Glad i didn't give up and instead dug deep and pushed myself to achieve greater things and put in the hard work to turn my life around. Was such a ride. feel very lucky to be where i am now. All the struggles were worth it.

Anyone know what happened to @Cosmic Charlie ? He posted some pretty concerning stuff a few months back and has been Mia. I don't know him very well but we exchanged a few DMs and he seems like a nice guy. Hope he okay.

He got arrested and is in jail. Which sucks, but considering I was beginning to assume he died, it's quite a relief to me, because I love that guy.

He got arrested and is in jail. Which sucks, but considering I was beginning to assume he died, it's quite a relief to me, because I love that guy.
How it appeared pretty plainly, most likely, jail came along just right time to save Charlie, buy him some time.

Just a shame that time has to be behind bars, but it simply did.

He might be feeling okay. We hope. He wasn't okay before though.

Charlie was lucky really. Assuming he's coping. And hopefully formulating a new outlook, developing in new ways for an actual future. If his sentence isn't a silly one.

Yeah I agree, I think it probably saved his life. I truly hope he can get a better handle on his life and find some stability. Many of us struggle with addiction so there is no judgment whatsoever from me... but I think his style of drug usage will lead to an early grave and/or a lot of misery, if he can't get a handle on it. Which is very sad and a shame for the world because he's a lovely, loving, exuberant human with much to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.