• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

🧑‍🌾 Gardening 🧑‍🌾 Gardening in General

Gardening
nyHsSbUl.jpg

that's the Asian Pear tree out back

that's the Asian Pear tree out back
damn that looks good. i love me some pears and asian anything.
bet you done eating on those long ago? =D
we had a huge mango tree in s fla and as much as i love mangos i didnt care for em much during those couple years.

yall mak8n me hingry going to get cereal and blueberrys. note to self... blue berries next year ish allah

there's 2 asian pear trees...i think you need to have 2 in order for them to fruit

and then they only fruit every other year....and then if it's not a great year, the squirrels get them all.....so it's not quite like being in apple orchard every year lol - so, no i never get sick of Asian Pears....i love em

fhtr89Jl.jpg

OSeQbn2l.jpg

that's some shishito peppers that i just plucked from that plant

all of my pepper plants stayed small this year but they got alotta peppas

spring season pepper GIF by Evan Hilton

QOwNBEJl.jpg

that's some lipstick peppers - never grew em before

got them here:

Ok so here is that cuke (top right lol). can anyone tell me wtf is going on with these plants?
Uq7dwlu.jpg

And the cantalope - anything to feed em and make a lot of fruit? Most flowers fall off.
rNrudER.jpg

QOwNBEJl.jpg

that's some lipstick peppers - never grew em before

got them here:

I usually love love LOVE chilli, but I've gone off spicy food since being preggo :( That was actually the first sign I was pregnant, I couldn't eat chilli...my partner and I were like okay something is different lol

congratulations 🍻 baby's are fun times 🍼

those are both sweet peppas....the only spicy ones i grew are scotch bonnets but they're the fursthest behind so i havn't bothered to show ya them yet but they're starting to fruit now ....im not big on spicy peppas - but yea i wanna make jamaican jerk marinade and i need some scotch bonnets and ive never seen them anywhere at the stores....but yea im growing some melrose peppas too - never grew them before - also sweet

:)

How's everyone's gardens doing?

My yellow micro-courgette (zuchini) has gone insane. It's growing about 3 feet/1 metre a week atm, about 10 metres/33 feet long. It's only supposed to grow 2 feet (0.6m) wide and 3 feet/1 meter high in total lol! Can't complain though as I've already had about 30+ courgettes from it and it's throwing out new fruit like crazy.

VlxLko9.jpg

Ok so here is that cuke (top right lol). can anyone tell me wtf is going on with these plants?
Uq7dwlu.jpg

And the cantalope - anything to feed em and make a lot of fruit? Most flowers fall off.
rNrudER.jpg

Your cucumber seems fine mate?

As for your melon, it might have had a little too much nitrogen (the "leaf-growing" nutrient) and not enough phosphorus or potassium (the "fruit-growing" nutrients). This is something that often afflicts tomatoes and zucchini as well.

You can sometimes fix this by liberally watering with a high PK feed like tomorite, or you can make a DIY feed by crushing up loads of eggshells into a fine powder with a blender and mixing it into a big can of water along with a couple tablespoons epsom salts (magnesium) and watering the plant with it.

How's everyone's gardens doing?

My yellow micro-courgette (zuchini) has gone insane. It's growing about 3 feet/1 metre a week atm, about 10 metres/33 feet long. It's only supposed to grow 2 feet (0.6m) wide and 3 feet/1 meter high in total lol! Can't complain though as I've already had about 30+ courgettes from it and it's throwing out new fruit like crazy.

VlxLko9.jpg

that's pretty! looks fantastic!

i've been using this all year between 15 and 20 ml/gal and the plants love it -----> https://www.aurorainnovations.com/soul-bloom

i think im gonna keep using it from here on out

Reactions: CFC
Thanks for the suggestions. Fuck a google they shit.
Will give it a try next year. ;)

haha... ok... nut this was one of 5 all year when we ususally (in SC) have 100 and have to give them away.

Ah, I see what you mean. It might just have been the weird weather this year. Or else maybe, like the melon, it needed a fruit-boosting feed. Though usually when the latter is the case, the fruits start to develop but then die. If it didn't fruit at all, it was probably just the general weather conditions that it wasn't too happy with.

that's pretty! looks fantastic!

i've been using this all year between 15 and 20 ml/gal and the plants love it -----> https://www.aurorainnovations.com/soul-bloom

i think im gonna keep using it from here on out

Looks like a good feed 👍 I use mostly organic seaweed liquid, fish blood and bone, chicken waste, tomorite, and dig a good amount of manure in during early spring for the veg.