• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

🧑‍🌾 Gardening 🧑‍🌾 Gardening in General

Gardening
Funny last year when I got hit with cancer again my tomato plants basically rotted cuz I couldn’t do nothing. The mice had unlimited cherry tomatoes, I’d often go out and see them sitting there gorging on them, they had a perfect little perch spot to snack.

Well now I got tomato plants popping up out in my yard where they shit. I’m watering em cuz my yards a dirt pit anyways, anything green that can survive in it is allowed to grow.

-GC

I like how all of a sudden everyone remembers they're growing all their own fruit and veg and herbal medicine... nice :D

@CFC getting the short end of the stick as always yeh? :p I don't mind the deer flies, more pleasant to be covered in blood spots than itching from mosquito bites. Ticks, though, blegh!

My man used the rosemary in our dinner tonight. OMFG it was so amazing!!! Lamb chops with garlic and rosemary, and he made this incredible creamy, cheesey vegetable bake with cauliflower, zucchini, onion, garlic and more rosemary. Omg it was divine <3 <3 <3

nice! i don't get much lamb lately but used to eat a lot of gyros and we have a version here in Canada called donair.

it's delicious with some tzatziki sauce, which is basically yogurt, dill and veggies. the sourness goes well with the gaminess of the lamb.

here's a good recipe for the whole kebab -

The irony of this is I fuckin hate apples...

not baked though, right? apple pie, apple crumble, apple crisp... mmmm all delicious. you could also turn some of the harvest into hard cider, take a few bottles over to @G_Chem and while away the hours plinking mice from the patio

not baked though, right? apple pie, apple crumble, apple crisp... mmmm all delicious. you could also turn some of the harvest into hard cider, take a few bottles over to @G_Chem and while away the hours plinking mice from the patio

Yeh, I can handle apple pie and crumble as long as the apples have been totally stewed into a mush and heavily sweetened.

There are three things I hate about apples:

1. The skin. This tastes like Satan's scrotum on a bad day

2. The texture. The slightest lump of whole apple makes me want to vom.

3. The acidity. Even the sweetest apples seem totally sour to me

I don't know if this is significant, but when I was a mere developing fetus, my mum's totally irrational craving was for apples. She ate shitloads. I think I developed an aversion to this demon spawn whilst in the womb. How I wished she had a craving for coal. That probably wouldn't have affected my whole life and turned me into a drug addict...

😜

Yeh, I can handle apple pie and crumble as long as the apples have been totally stewed into a mush and heavily sweetened.

There are three things I hate about apples:

1. The skin. This tastes like Satan's scrotum on a bad day

2. The texture. The slightest lump of whole apple makes me want to vom.

3. The acidity. Even the sweetest apples seem totally sour to me

I don't know if this is significant, but when I was a mere developing fetus, my mum's totally irrational craving was for apples. She ate shitloads. I think I developed an aversion to this demon spawn whilst in the womb. How I wished she had a craving for coal. That probably wouldn't have affected my whole life and turned me into a drug addict...

😜
I'm the same with potatoes dude.
I FUCKING HATE potatoes.
I hate absolutely everything about them. The taste, the texture, washing and peeling them is a HUGE pain in the arse, the way they retain heat so when you bite in to them they're still fucking hot as bajeezus and burn the absolute FUCK out of your mouth.
I absolutely fucking hate them with a passion.

... Some of you lot are weird. How can people hate apples or potatoes.
Where I'm from you eat fritters made from grated potato WITH apple compote. Delicious.
As for baked potatoes they're delicious too and there's no law that says you have to tuck into them while still piping hot. Cut them open and leave to sit for 5 mins. Problem solved.

PS I haven't had the mojo to do anything in the garden since the start of summer and by now it's a disgrace. The vegetable patch is a jungle of weeds and the flower beds not much better. The grass is gonna need a scythe instead of a lawnmower soon. Only thing that gets looked after right now are those opium poppies XD

lol i don't hate apples but i don't care for them much either beyond an apple pie

and potatoes are mostly boring unless im dipping some french fries in blue cheese dressing

30IKHyG.jpg

wth is wrong with the cukes?
coupla pix of cherry tomato nuts
finally got it in the daylight lol
FfNVDlW.jpg

Lvo0jAi.jpg

ya got no cukes
yeah that seems to be the damn problem, bro. 😬
that is indeed cucumber plants on right of pic. we even ate a coupl and gave a couple away... unless mass trippin goin on here and then i guess i wouldnt be aware? nah... i know when im 'off'.
they looked good for a minute then this....

edit: got cantalope growin but cant see em in the pic. cant wait.
xF1qeSI.jpg

Last edited:
we were supposed to use the raised bed as her herb garden. like cilantro, dill, basil, parsely etc... the stuff she growing in the main garde.
heres an unedited pic of cukes... maybe i took too much res from it
stripped meta
behind the beans. lol she planted them so maybe we get something from that real estate
FtijhAU.jpg

Hey my fellow Bluelighter's

I wanted to start a thread that's about gardening or growing plants that you have or like in general. Also to give advice to other members that are growing, whether its a certain plant or just gardening in general. Like what you do or use to make your gardens lush or flourish or specific plant's for that matter. Also just a place to brag or show off your beautiful plants in your garden. Pictures are encourage if you feel free to post them.

For me instance i have nice front garden thats got roses, a succulent patch or space, some general or landrace strains specific flowers to my climate and continent and so in my back garden. Though in the back i have more bush type plants and a few flower patches or places and my cannabis plants and a few more succulents and flowers specific to my region again.
I love succulents! They are so easy to maintain.