• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a side effect. According to the many recovery stories on here - yes, it does go away, if you stop taking Invega.

Not everyone gets a very flat affect. I was on the injections for months and during this time, movies/tv still moved me to tears - happy tears and sad tears. I would say that I was even more emotional pre-invega though and it did blunt my emotions a bit (and my brother agrees), just not completely, which I'm grateful for. I'm finally off the injections now and it's still early days but something happened today. I felt an emotion that I haven't felt in a while - I was watching a Nintendo advert for a Zelda game (which I love) and I got tears in my eyes and chills! The chills are the part that I haven't felt for some time. The chills were excitement and awe.

Anyone know if " flat affect " or Blunted affect is a side effect of invega. Also does it go away?
I would like to recommend you look at my most recent thread in this particular (mental health) section. It may shed some light on what you mean to say.

However, I must note that I'm not advocating for or against drugs, but that I recommend what's best for the individual given that the individual is in the right heading.

Flat affect, in my opinion is a bit of a loaded term that seems to suggest (from my experiences at least) that the person possessing it is not capable of displaying the "appropriated" means of "affective expectation". Should you choose to voice yourself about who you are and what is to be seen, of course.

What I mean to say is that your affect or demeanor doesn't represent you unless you possess a dichotomy. In which case, if you do have a dichotomy, I would refer you to Jungian psychology (which you can find on youtube and just about anywhere else).

Morgue from youtube also has some very interesting videos that deal with what's basically occult science which is really just alternative to the norm.

As far as offering any advice for what you have concurrently, I can't really offer much. I wish you well. And yes it does go away. -In my case it took years, but it was well worth it, in a way.

Not everyone gets a very flat affect. I was on the injections for months and during this time, movies/tv still moved me to tears - happy tears and sad tears. I would say that I was even more emotional pre-invega though and it did blunt my emotions a bit (and my brother agrees), just not completely, which I'm grateful for. I'm finally off the injections now and it's still early days but something happened today. I felt an emotion that I haven't felt in a while - I was watching a Nintendo advert for a Zelda game (which I love) and I got tears in my eyes and chills! The chills are the part that I haven't felt for some time. The chills were excitement and awe.
They call that ASMR or Frisson in French.

Hey everyone! ThatTomGuy checking in! I'm so much better! You can find my posts not too long ago maybe... December? But omg I'm so much better. I can laugh, cry, feel emotions, I'm pretty much back to my old self. I just wanted to come back and let you guys know... cause it was a really scary journey. If you're there.... If you feel alone, like you're not you. Like you don't know who you are, like you lost yourself... you're in there still! Listen.. that was the worst thing I've ever gone through by far. I got my second of the 2 loading shots the beginning of August last year... it's the worst thing that's ever happened to me. My... parts work again...sorry if that makes people uncomfortable...But I couldn't find women attractive for like 9 months... which is very scary for a young guy. This friggen drug latches on to your dopamine and serotonin receptors in your brain. I find my niece and nephew cute again. I started feeling better... maybe 2 months ago or so... but I was bed ridden for months...I didn't do anything at all. I couldn't think, couldn't imagine things, couldn't jam to music, didn't feel like I was real...I was messed up. It gets better baby. You hold on and keep fighting. I'm sorry it took so long to come back and comment. You start to live when this shit wears off and you don't look back. It takes a lot of fight to come back and post but you guys are worth it and I'd have wanted you guys to come back for me. I saw other people do it. Someone on here helped me very much with holding onto hope. But... I wanted to tell you guys that it gets better and nothing really helps but time. I'm sorry if that's not the answer you wanted. August til about... april maybe? I felt like my eyes wouldn't focus, I couldn't stop moving... I had it all. It's all gone... the only thing I have now is I haven't really been driving...a little anxious. Other than that I'm golden. Please. Please!!! Hold on my loves. It gets better. Took me around 9-10 months to start feeling like myself. I love you all!! Keep fighting!! I hope I helped! I'm a man of my word. I came back. DON'T LOSE HOPE. I KNOW IT'S HARD. I LAID IN BED FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS.

Last edited:
@Thattomguy hey man thanks so much for checking in with your update. It's so awesome to hear you're going so well!! Your experience will be very reassuring and encouraging to others who are suffering with long-term side effects from invega. Keep up the good work and keep us updated with your progress! <3

Hey everyone! ThatTomGuy checking in! I'm so much better! You can find my posts not too long ago maybe... December? But omg I'm so much better. I can laugh, cry, feel emotions, I'm pretty much back to my old self. I just wanted to come back and let you guys know... cause it was a really scary journey. If you're there.... If you feel alone, like you're not you. Like you don't know who you are, like you lost yourself... you're in there still! Listen.. that was the worst thing I've ever gone through by far. I got my second of the 2 loading shots the beginning of August last year... it's the worst thing that's ever happened to me. My... parts work again...sorry if that makes people uncomfortable...But I couldn't find women attractive for like 9 months... which is very scary for a young guy. This friggen drug latches on to your dopamine and serotonin receptors in your brain. I find my niece and nephew cute again. I started feeling better... maybe 2 months ago or so... but I was bed ridden for months...I didn't do anything at all. I couldn't think, couldn't imagine things, couldn't jam to music, didn't feel like I was real...I was messed up. It gets better baby. You hold on and keep fighting. I'm sorry it took so long to come back and comment. You start to live when this shit wears off and you don't look back. It takes a lot of fight to come back and post but you guys are worth it and I'd have wanted you guys to come back for me. I saw other people do it. Someone on here helped me very much with holding onto hope. But... I wanted to tell you guys that it gets better and nothing really helps but time. I'm sorry if that's not the answer you wanted. August til about... april maybe? I felt like my eyes wouldn't focus, I couldn't stop moving... I had it all. It's all gone... the only thing I have now is I haven't really been driving...a little anxious. Other than that I'm golden. Please. Please!!! Hold on my loves. It gets better. Took me around 9-10 months to start feeling like myself. I love you all!! Keep fighting!! I hope I helped! I'm a man of my word. I came back. DON'T LOSE HOPE. I KNOW IT'S HARD. I LAID IN BED FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS.
This gives me a little bit of hope,thank you

two questions: Does your private part go back to the normal size? Did you lose the weight you gained from this? I am 10 months off from Invega but i was on ablify for 9 months. I am off all APs (finally).

Otherwise, thanks for coming back to this forum and sharing your experience. I also believe recovery is possible for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
two questions: Does your private part go back to the normal size? Did you lose the weight you gained from this? I am 10 months off from Invega but i was on ablify for 9 months. I am off all APs (finally).

Otherwise, thanks for coming back to this forum and sharing your experience. I also believe recovery is possible for everyone.
Wait a minute, Invega reduces penis size ? O_O

Wait a minute, Invega reduces penis size ? O_O
Yes. All users of this drug have noticed this problem. I have read postive stories where people have said that it gained back to the normal size after a year or so.
Invega is a evil drug. It just makes you fat and lazy.. you are bed ridden when you are on this stuff. it is pure poison. i was on it due to a court order but i fought back. i am no longer on meds.

Hey guys jus5 wanted to post. Yeah im not really feeling like mastervating these days cause my desire for women has really decreased. Im a guy who has been put on meds and recovered and have been put right back on meds. This has been going on since 2015. But now my sotuation is more complicated cause i got this communitu treatment order. I know ppl say to appeal it so i wont be on meds anymore. But im scared of losing the appeal and ending up on meds even longer. It is sick what there doing to us. Forcing us on these meds.

In any case my appeal is in september hopefully i win it and i wont have to be on meds any longer. And then i can work on recovering. But if i fail then im still on meds and i cant appeal it for another 6 months. It feels like so much of my life was lost on these meds. Getting put on them in 2015 and trying to recover just to end up on meds again. Its a scary journey.

Back on this shit. Invega. Last shot February this year. Paramedics told me that, from their database, after the cops were here. Shit seriously hit the fan. Yeah, there are serious side effects. However, i have been unfamiliar with these writings about lack of emotions. Musical anhedonia. Not getting drunk or stoned. That is what i do, i feel to much, empathy mostly (curse, a fucking curse) Music is basically my life and if i have money i am drunk or stoned or both. With or without invega.

So i bought the injections today. Limped to health center (ankle fucked up bad) and i said, give me a nurse for 5 minutes to inject this shit to my arm, or i will go right there to the street and try to inject it myself without ANY prior experience of injecting anything, let's see how great that shit turns out to be. Got it from a nurse. Home now. Isolated from everyone by my own design. Tons of beer and food in the fridge. 60 grams of tobacco, plenty of filters and papers.

So i guess it is time for me to drop out from this thread. However, i will check this thread every now and then, if someone happens to be seeking advice regarding starting invega again, after a long pause. But if there is any way you can function somehow, without invega, do not fucking take those shots!

Back on this shit. Invega. Last shot February this year. Paramedics told me that, from their database, after the cops were here. Shit seriously hit the fan. Yeah, there are serious side effects. However, i have been unfamiliar with these writings about lack of emotions. Musical anhedonia. Not getting drunk or stoned. That is what i do, i feel to much, empathy mostly (curse, a fucking curse) Music is basically my life and if i have money i am drunk or stoned or both. With or without invega.

So i bought the injections today. Limped to health center (ankle fucked up bad) and i said, give me a nurse for 5 minutes to inject this shit to my arm, or i will go right there to the street and try to inject it myself without ANY prior experience of injecting anything, let's see how great that shit turns out to be. Got it from a nurse. Home now. Isolated from everyone by my own design. Tons of beer and food in the fridge. 60 grams of tobacco, plenty of filters and papers.

So i guess it is time for me to drop out from this thread. However, i will check this thread every now and then, if someone happens to be seeking advice regarding starting invega again, after a long pause. But if there is any way you can function somehow, without invega, do not fucking take those shots!
Well I'm glad the nurse was able to give you the shot instead of you having to do it yourself Japi. Please don't be a stranger in this thread and other threads, you are very much appreciated and a part of this group <3

Well I'm glad the nurse was able to give you the shot instead of you having to do it yourself Japi. Please don't be a stranger in this thread and other threads, you are very much appreciated and a part of this group <3
Yeah :) Bluelight is exactly the place where i feel accepted. Even after all the things i have failed. Failed miserably. FINALLY a place where i am not a fucking reject and a fucking outcast, FINALLY a place where people talk and understand.

if you don't mind me asking, why did you put yourself back on the injection ?

if you don't mind me asking, why did you put yourself back on the injection ?
Anyone is allowed to ask me anything at all times, but i might not always reply. This time i will. Look, the prescription says: Invega 75 mg every 4 weeks, schizophrenia. But uhh... when i had health contacts, therapists and stuff, they said i do not have schizophrenia. I do not think that i have schizo but i have been severely psychotic and hospitalized for long periods, years 2006 and 2009. Substance abuse. All substances. Never heroin, never research chemicals, but basically all others. I was not addicted to any drug in particular, i was addicted to being so far from this reality and from myself as possible, and i achieved just that. That is the reason why i was hospitalized twice.

So uh... Finnish mental healthcare collapsed, because all of healthcare resources focused on a seasonal flu, renamed to sound more scary somehow. Could not get there. Actually a great question, thank you... uh... sorry this is not very coherent. Beer going on. No delusions, no hallucinations, i am not psychotic. But... I need this med. Most of you, in this thread, i do not think that you need it. I need it. To be a little bit more... functional. Just basic stuff. I need to wash myself. I need clean clothes. I need to buy food and eat it. Basic? easy? for most, yeah. But for me, a real fucking struggle. And invega makes it easier.

Anyone is allowed to ask me anything at all times, but i might not always reply. This time i will. Look, the prescription says: Invega 75 mg every 4 weeks, schizophrenia. But uhh... when i had health contacts, therapists and stuff, they said i do not have schizophrenia. I do not think that i have schizo but i have been severely psychotic and hospitalized for long periods, years 2006 and 2009. Substance abuse. All substances. Never heroin, never research chemicals, but basically all others. I was not addicted to any drug in particular, i was addicted to being so far from this reality and from myself as possible, and i achieved just that. That is the reason why i was hospitalized twice.

So uh... Finnish mental healthcare collapsed, because all of healthcare resources focused on a seasonal flu, renamed to sound more scary somehow. Could not get there. Actually a great question, thank you... uh... sorry this is not very coherent. Beer going on. No delusions, no hallucinations, i am not psychotic. But... I need this med. Most of you, in this thread, i do not think that you need it. I need it. To be a little bit more... functional. Just basic stuff. I need to wash myself. I need clean clothes. I need to buy food and eat it. Basic? easy? for most, yeah. But for me, a real fucking struggle. And invega makes it easier.
I hope you get better mate
May I ask if you have tried other medications and what are they ?

Status
Not open for further replies.