Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on invega 50 mg for a total of 7 shots developing extreme muscle fatigue which makes exercising very difficult to perform. Have been off the shot for 5 months now and still have this side effect among other’s. Has anyone else experienced this and did your strength eventually return? Thanks

I was on invega 50 mg for a total of 7 shots developing extreme muscle fatigue which makes exercising very difficult to perform. Have been off the shot for 5 months now and still have this side effect among other’s. Has anyone else experienced this and did your strength eventually return? Thanks
In my case, yes it did. Walking was incredibly difficult. Motivations didn't often come. I had to force myself most often. Walking led to jogging. Jogging led to more involved workouts and so on. For me it took more than a year to motivate myself beyond the medications' "control" if you get my drift

I'm in the same problem as u bro,my muscles are all stiff and can exercise too
My strength has detoriated.I have insomnia.I spend my days by playing GTA online(although I have Ahedonia),using YT or Daydreaming of how I could have changed my past.I'm really pissed off and having anxiety for the future.I will be writing final college exams next year and because of this fucking drug I can't even study or have the desire to study.At age 19 I feel like a fucking failure to my family.I don't have the motivation to do anything so I'm thinking of how I will get a job in my situation even after college,I'm 5 months off and really loosing my mind

My strength has detoriated.I have insomnia.I spend my days by playing GTA online(although I have Ahedonia),using YT or Daydreaming of how I could have changed my past.I'm really pissed off and having anxiety for the future.I will be writing final college exams next year and because of this fucking drug I can't even study or have the desire to study.At age 19 I feel like a fucking failure to my family.I don't have the motivation to do anything so I'm thinking of how I will get a job in my situation even after college,I'm 5 months off and really loosing my mind
I totally understand that dude. I get the same thing. It’ll get better slowly and we’ll get through this together.

Keep in mind that I've never had the invega shot so I'm not talking from personal experience here, but from what I have read in this thread from others who have experienced this, YES your muscle strength is very likely to return. But it's more of a matter of when, not if. Know what I mean? And I dare say it will take some effort on your part as well, like, when you can, start doing some small workouts at home e.g. squats, pushups, situps, that kinda thing. There are heeeeaps of video tutorials on youtube for at-home workouts that can help get you started again. Is there a particular type of exercise you used to enjoy before invega?

Does sleeping ever go back to normal.. keep waking up
Have you tried melatonin to help you sleep?? Melatonin really helps me, and I have bad insomnia from PTSD.

I hate to be the one to say this, and I apologise if this annoys you, but dude......you're only 19!! You're so young! There is still decades of time for you to firgure out what you want to do, then succeed at it. And I highly doubt your family is actually disappointed in you, it's much more likely that you're telling yourself that because you're feeling so down in general. Do you talk to your parents much about how you're feeling?

Keep in mind that I've never had the invega shot so I'm not talking from personal experience here, but from what I have read in this thread from others who have experienced this, YES your muscle strength is very likely to return. But it's more of a matter of when, not if. Know what I mean? And I dare say it will take some effort on your part as well, like, when you can, start doing some small workouts at home e.g. squats, pushups, situps, that kinda thing. There are heeeeaps of video tutorials on youtube for at-home workouts that can help get you started again. Is there a particular type of exercise you used to enjoy before invega?

Have you tried melatonin to help you sleep?? Melatonin really helps me, and I have bad insomnia from PTSD.

I hate to be the one to say this, and I apologise if this annoys you, but dude......you're only 19!! You're so young! There is still decades of time for you to firgure out what you want to do, then succeed at it. And I highly doubt your family is actually disappointed in you, it's much more likely that you're telling yourself that because you're feeling so down in general. Do you talk to your parents much about how you're feeling?
Yeah definitely, love to use the rower at the gym and kettlebells along with dancing. I can lift a little bit it’s just nowhere near where I’d like it to be just yet. My body fatigues almost instantly. It causes distress because Invega caused me to gain 40 lbs and a few months ago I was in good shape then the weight appeared it seems out of nowhere. I know it will gradually get better it’s just hell being pretty much confined to your bed on body and mind. This drug is serious.

I know what I wanted to do but I lack motivation to continue I have lost the pleasure I used to have on it ,it feels like he'll to do it .Im just waiting to recover.And yes my parents know about my situation

I know what I wanted to do but I lack motivation to continue I have lost the pleasure I used to have on it ,it feels like he'll to do it .Im just waiting to recover.And yes my parents know about my situation
Yeah it’s because of the way Invega blocks out dopamine in the brain. Dopamine is responsible for helping us feel motivated and man let me say I know what you mean. It just feels like every action is incredibly weighed down almost like you are under water. It has improved a little bit though so it will for you too bro. It will just take some time because our brains are slowly learning to feel our neurotransmitters again.

Alright. Fuck. Mods, members, whatnots... where can i rant and i mean really rant, without making a new thread? Someone can do it i know. Link? Here, bluelight. You will not judge. Maybe you can not understand and that is fine. What matters, is that you do NOT judge.

Alright. Fuck. Mods, members, whatnots... where can i rant and i mean really rant, without making a new thread? Someone can do it i know. Link? Here, bluelight. You will not judge. Maybe you can not understand and that is fine. What matters, is that you do NOT judge.
That depends on what you want to rant about Japi.
We do have this thread in The Dark Side (TDS), where you are free to rant about whatever you want. But if you want your own rant thread and you don't mind if people comment and offer feedback, feel free to start your own thread in TDS. I can then move it to a different forum if it seems appropriate to do so.

That depends on what you want to rant about Japi.
We do have this thread in The Dark Side (TDS), where you are free to rant about whatever you want. But if you want your own rant thread and you don't mind if people comment and offer feedback, feel free to start your own thread in TDS. I can then move it to a different forum if it seems appropriate to do so.
Don't worry about it, it is sorted out now. I found a rant thread, and i fucking ranted GOOD. Got some replies also. And it helped. Feeling better now, at least mentally better. You are very helpful and kind. All forums should have mods just like you.

Don't worry about it, it is sorted out now. I found a rant thread, and i fucking ranted GOOD. Got some replies also. And it helped. Feeling better now, at least mentally better. You are very helpful and kind. All forums should have mods just like you.
Thank you <3 I'm glad you're feeling a bit better <3

Couple of days later. Still in the clinic. They think I have depression and want to activate me. I’m mostly bed bound these days.
They don’t think it’s from the depot and I don’t think it’s worth it to insist on it. My mother is also thinking it could be depression and wants me on antidepressants.
It’s not depression. It’s chemically induced. Also my psychiatrist wants me on them. I’m doubting maybe I should try Wellbutrin but I don’t think it will do anything

Mostly to spend time I am either reading this forum or painting and listening to EODM. Any kind of music I already know I can’t listen to because it doesn’t excite me as usual.
The recovery stories I’ve read from VeteransWife and Rebelhassan probably only keep me going. Even though I’m reading these recovery stories I struggle so much with the dysphoria. I know I’m only 3 months out and I probably have it in my blood still but time just drags on and half of the time I just don’t see hope in my recovery and don’t know what the hell I should do.

I started supplements, St Johns Wort, Ashwaganda, cucumeric. I know it won’t help

What bothers me i can’t even sleep without waking up and not many people report this problem or recovery from it.

I’d rather be in jail and off this poison for a year than be on this because this is just so much worse.

Yeah, this shit sucks. But for me it's particularly special cause every time I get to a point where I can conceivably manage to be optimistic about progress either in regards to my physical health or my personal life some other fucked up bullshit happens. Now after having surgery and undergoing chemo/radiation for a tumor that appeared on my face; my quality of life has found a way to diminish ever further than I could ever anticipate. And I've tried everything. For those of you that are curious, here's a list of bullshit that I've tried with little to no results: magnesium, fish oil, mucuna pruriens (l-dopa), cabergoline (d2 receptor agonist), st johns wort, ashwaganda, cyproheptadine, black cohosh, NALT, sulbutiamine, 5-htp, ginkgo biloba, melatonin. And my new trial is a combination of cerebropep (a pill version of the Cerebrolsyn peptide which is usually administered via injection) alpha-gpc and dopa mucuna. We'll see how that goes: probably a complete waste of time, like everything else that I thought would reverse this garbage.

Yeah, I'm salty. I'm bitter. If you find a way to make it work congrats and hold on to that.

Side note: Was on risperidone and risperdal in 2016-17.

Couple of days later. Still in the clinic. They think I have depression and want to activate me. I’m mostly bed bound these days.
They don’t think it’s from the depot and I don’t think it’s worth it to insist on it. My mother is also thinking it could be depression and wants me on antidepressants.
It’s not depression. It’s chemically induced. Also my psychiatrist wants me on them. I’m doubting maybe I should try Wellbutrin but I don’t think it will do anything

Mostly to spend time I am either reading this forum or painting and listening to EODM. Any kind of music I already know I can’t listen to because it doesn’t excite me as usual.
The recovery stories I’ve read from VeteransWife and Rebelhassan probably only keep me going. Even though I’m reading these recovery stories I struggle so much with the dysphoria. I know I’m only 3 months out and I probably have it in my blood still but time just drags on and half of the time I just don’t see hope in my recovery and don’t know what the hell I should do.

I started supplements, St Johns Wort, Ashwaganda, cucumeric. I know it won’t help

What bothers me i can’t even sleep without waking up and not many people report this problem or recovery from it.

I’d rather be in jail and off this poison for a year than be on this because this is just so much worse.
They wanted to give me antidepressants too. Here’s the thing, if Invega shuts down both seratonin and dopamine then it’s absolutely useless to give someone antidepressants for that reason. I don’t think the doctor’s really think these things through. I refused the antidepressants. I’ve been in your situation bro. I’ve been off the shot for 5 months now and wondering what the hell I should do is something I’m still dealing with but have noticed some improvement. I noticed some improvement in the fog lifting just after 4 months so I hope it’s the same for you. We can get through this together.

* edit - no drug sourcing please - n3o *
In an opium den, clearly. * edit - no drug sourcing please - n3o * I think COVID has blocked the supply lines a fair bit. Or it's been processed into other analgesics?

Status
Not open for further replies.