• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

At Dinner With an Undercover Narcotics Detective

I dont think anyone had a smoke with the guy..but he declined in such a smart way as many people wont smoke after a drink.

I agree PhaseDancer..Byron does recieve a lot of attention..which is strange considering what goes on 45mins away at Nimbin. The playground of the rich must be kept safe!!!
Yes locals around here are very wary..as you said with good reason.A bit of advice for those coming to the area over summer..be careful..dont smoke in the street/parks/main beaches..do it in your rooms. This aint a hippy town any longer.

Cheers and stay safe.

MD

Eject & Swerve

dimmo said:
^^
I mean what the fuck are people doing getting mouthy to men with guns and the ability to arrest for fucks sake?

8)

To protect & serve?

Yep..good call BT..the message of my post is that undercovers can come in all shapes and sizes..and you cant pick the good ones.The rave community i feel is yet to feel the full wrath of law enforcement in this country..with all the hype about amphetamine / party drug use in the papers the frequency of undercover operations will increase.
Stay safe

Cheers

MD

funny story that happened on the weekend

I was up at surfers.. coincidentally the same time as schoolies.. In Cavill Ave heres the usual thousands of drunken minors running around like ADD kids without their ritalin. Me and some mates are sittin there just checkin out the local talent when we see this guy from circle to circle asking something to which the response is almost always a shake of the head. After a few minutes he goes behind a telegraph pole, pulls out something the size of a pen with a wire on it and talks into this pen for about 30 seconds.

we go up to him after a while and say "evenin officer." he kinda looks to the ground, shakes his head and walks off.

gotcha

I have a question and an experience to share.

OK a number of years ago, I must have been around 16, I was walkin down a dark alleyway late at night (coincidentally taking the alleyway because the street looked a little dodgy and I didn't want to get attacked) after going to a local school for a few pipes. So me, a mate, and my girlfriend at the time were walking along, when a car pulled into the alleyway. Naturally we got out of the way, but just our luck it was an unmarked cop car. So the police get out, hassle us for a few minutes convinced we were buying drugs from one of the houses in the lane (perhaps they knew something we did not). Anyway we were all really stoned, and the cops proceed to search everything we had, emptying my girlfriends bag out onto the bonnet of the car, looked at the chain attached to my wallet calling it a weapon, one of the cops slammed me up against the wall, for no reason other than me being too stoned to answer his questions in a sensible fashion. Anyway he finds a tiny bag of weed in my wallet, only 2 cones worth that we had promised to save for a mate who was at the house we were returning to. I hand the bag to the cop as I assumed he would want to confiscate it. He refuses to touch it and instead asks me to empty it onto the ground, and then when i offered him the empty baggie he again refused to touch it.

Anyway they took our names, gave us a warning, and said the record would be wiped when we turned 18 (hah I highly fucking doubt it).

So my question: Why did he refuse to handle the weed, and even the empty baggy? What's the protocol? What if say i'd had a big bag of coke, would he have made me empty it onto the ground for the next passerby to hoover up? Or was it just a loophole for the evidenc to be destroyed and hence the offence having not occured?

I've just always been curious about this.

^ id say because they were cops in an unmarked car, they were probably after a bigger fish and didn't want to waste their time booking 16 year olds for 0.2g of weed.

Was it before or after the cannabis caution came out? I have two friends who got busted when they were 18, one night in a park. The two girls with them were told they could go. Meanwhile the two guys are charged for being in possesion of 1g of weed and a bong. They go to court and and dont get a conviction. This changed some years after when the cannabis caution was introduced for anything under 7g (if my memory serves me correct).

im in las vegas atm on holidays - the cops here are being trialed on a new program. The police officers are fixed with microphones that are rolling 24/7. the squad cars have mounted cctv cameras which are also rolling 24/7. this is done to promote consistency and honesty in police dealings.
how successful can u see this in australia??? it would cut out the asshole cops on a power trip.

the day aus gets funding for such things dexter_stayne, i cant see it happen any time soon.

and it could have drawbacks on our behalf...if the cop is wanting to be a little loose with the rules and let u off.

Another funny anecdote from my good mate in blue

Recently there were some pretty big raids in prominent clubs in Sydney. Anyone in attendance will remember a rush of uniformed police coming in to the horror of most patrons.

What most people didnt know was that several undercovers marked the many exits and followed anyone who looked like they were in a hurry...

they made out like they too had run from the club and had dropped all their stuff in an effort to escape... to this, a few guys responded with, "we have plenty in our car..."

simple arrest

^Didn't think that our police officers were this smart, I'm impressed. ;)

sneaky buggas. but then again, I go to clubs now a days, and due to health reasons I dont ping anymore. And its a totally different world. Vision is clear, almost annoying clear actually.

Its plainly obvious those poeple who are searching for drugs, and obvious those that are just drinking and obvious those who are off their nuts.
I cant tell the amount of times that I could easily source out a dealer or a user in a club as im sure you are all aware.

I noticed the same thing when I went clubbing straight (well I was drinking). It was almost funny how easy it was to spot the different sorts of people in the club, including the possible undercovers....

Quite an interesting little tid bit there dexter how does your friend in blue feel about you giving us all their secrets ;)

Keep it up. =D

Not that it really high lights the intelligence of the police. More so the stupidity of the dealer. Yeah man I was just selling drugs in this club when all these cops ran in searching for me. Thought it probably safer that I go out to the car park and sell to the first random that walks past 8)

Oh and its been said before but I'll say it again. You can't spot the undercover, if you think its a cop its probably not. The police will be seen if they want to be seen. Give them some credit they aren't as stupid as you might think.

But you can spot the dealers %)