• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Cocaine: Why?

geoffreychaucer

Bluelighter
What are reasons that people still use this rather expensive, short-lasting substance? Do you think it has more to do with its reputation/status as a drug than its actual effects? Or is coke superior in many ways to other stimulants? It always seems that everyone, even people addicted to it, hate coke. So why does its use continue in your opinion?

I think it really depends on the person. I've known many cocaine users that will only use combined with alcohol, the combination is very enjoyable as cocaine tends to 'sober' you up so your not sloppy drunk but you still have the euphoria of the drunk. I personally enjoy combining the two as well but also enjoy the stimulant effect on it's own. I've been told (haven't researched this) that the combination of alcohol and coke create a very different high for some people that is more addictive than just the coke on its own.

I love all stimulants - mostly amphetamines and also coke.

I don't get a hangover from coke. So it's great to use when I need to get something done. Cleaning, work, school, etc. It also just feels good, so it's nice to use if I'm just hanging out with friends. It's also nice for when I'm hungover. Usually after a night of partying. I wake up, feel bla, some coke will make me feel more alert/better so that I can get on with my day.
If I'm going out clubbing though, coke isn't that great. Too expensive to use for like 10 hours. I prefer amphetamines for clubbing.

Coke and alcohol is not a good combo. It should be avoided. I've never tried it - I'm not into alcohol though.

the combination of alcohol and coke create a very different high
Because its a different drug. Cocaine and Ethanol react in the liver and create Cocaethylene. Its very enjoyable but its not good for your heart to do often.

Good Cocaine is underrated; bad Cocaine, which is what most people get, is overrated. I personally love Cocaine and is the only stimulant I plan to ever use again, with the exception being MDMA which is just a sedative to me.

Last edited:
For reasons (mostly) yet unknown, cocaine can be a very rewarding drug.

Cocaine and alcohol (cocaethylene) is quite cardiotoxic.

Great coke is better than MDMA or Mephedrone. So that puts it in the top tier of stims.

I have a theory that there are meth brains and coke brains, and the vast majority of drug users fall into one category or the other. I think it's to do with the substantially different mechanisms of action involved. So your brain is more likely to respond excitedly to one or the other. That doesn't mean people can't enjoy both, but usually one is orders of magnitude more rewarding than the other. Thus why meth lovers can't fathom coke lovers & vice versa.

Note: IV coke is excluded from above.

What are reasons that people still use this rather expensive, short-lasting substance? Do you think it has more to do with its reputation/status as a drug than its actual effects? Or is coke superior in many ways to other stimulants? It always seems that everyone, even people addicted to it, hate coke. So why does its use continue in your opinion?

i have never used meth

but ive used just about every single rx stimulant

coke shits all over rx stimulants. its a nice feeling, sure its short lasting but its lovely while your on it

n i dont ever hate coke until im out, plus its very good at altering the reward chemical pathways in the brain thus making it more desirable to seek out

and i agree with whoever said good coke is underratted n bad coke is overratted, i was fixin to stop usin it completely after i got some dirt on new years n then all of a sudden a different dude started consistently carrying fire n i have to actively make sure i dont use it too often cuz its lovely, specially when drinking.

^Totally. I'm from Australia and felt the same way as the OP and never understood how someone could get addicted to cocaine. But then I went to Mexico and now I understand. The stark difference in quality is unbelievable. Although it is short lasting, there the price was reasonable and for me it makes me feel like I'm a rockstar and social, plus the comedown is relatively bearable for me. Unlike meth which is euphoric for a pretty short time too and then it starts to get ugly (for me its paranoid, anti-social, over analysing). And compared to MDMA it it is less muggy/cloudy/sloppy high. Both make me feel unreasonably sad after. However, I love them all and it depends on my mood but cocaine is now definitely a player for me.

I think it really depends on the person. I've known many cocaine users that will only use combined with alcohol, the combination is very enjoyable as cocaine tends to 'sober' you up so your not sloppy drunk but you still have the euphoria of the drunk. I personally enjoy combining the two as well but also enjoy the stimulant effect on it's own. I've been told (haven't researched this) that the combination of alcohol and coke create a very different high for some people that is more addictive than just the coke on its own.

Cocaethylene is the molecule produced by a reaction in the blood stream of someone taking coke and alcohol. This is the most addicting substance I have ever come across (though everybody gets addicted to their individual things) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaethylene

As far as what the draw of coke is.. IMO its the initial rush, how you feel rite after administration.. thats what I loved.. If I could have got the initial 3 sec to 8 min rush (yeah that was insane and lucky i didn't die 8( yeah for real) is what people love.. not the lasting effects.. thats why people are constantly redosing and hate that period when they run out.

edit: I totally agree with the fire talk.. I never do mediocre blow but when I stumble across the pearly alabaster fire its almost impossible to not indulge.

When you find good coke, it's hard not to do it.

I never was a big coke fan. I enjoy it, don't get me wrong (especially if its the good stuff). However meth packs waaaaaaaaaaaay more of a punch than coke does in my opinion.

But for me, meth really fucks my head up. Like it fucks it up reaaaaaaaaaal good. Especially since it lasts so long.

Sometimes I just wanna get really JACKED and AMPED up, you know what I mean? But if I started doing ice, odds are I'd turn into a paranoid basket case. But if I started railing coke, all I really need to worry about is that "fiending" feeling I get once I run out.

But yea my boy has some amazing shit right now and its so hard to resist. Like he'll bust some out, and like, god damn. I just wanna turn into a vacuum cleaner and snort that shit up. I always feel bad tho. Cuz like, he always tells me if he's got it I can use it no problem, but like, I'm not one of those moochers that will sit there and continuously ask for more and more free coke. But god damn its so hard to stop when u got good shit staring at you. Ah. I'm rambling.

Because it feels fucking good man to IV coke & to throw heroin into the same rig is winning.

/thread

yea iv done both and i have to say i prefer coke over meth.Cocaine to me produces a cleaner high than meth and meth has THE worst comedown EVER.

^ And yet I completely disagree, I think coke has one of the worst if not the worst comedown of any drug, and it doesn't even get me particularly high. Meth feels clean and euphoric to me & I even get afterglow effects instead of crashing.

^to stimulant-tolerant users like myself, meth's "afterglow" turns into a very unpleasant and long crash. cocaine's crash is brief and mild. I can go to sleep 45 minutes after coming down from coke, whereas with meth I have to set aside 12 hours after coming down until I can even think about sleeping. I can eat on cocaine, while taking meth means that I won't be able to eat for up to a full day. These things all contribute to the softening of a comedown.

I'm also quite tolerant to stimulants. I love the anorectic effect of meth. <3 I only get an afterglow, never a comedown, from MDMA as well. Coke gives me horrible headaches that no other drug does, so in exchange for 30 minutes of weaker than caffeine stimulus my head aches for hours.

Obviously you love coke and hate meth. I'm the opposite. That's fine; drug use is highly subjective in addition to being unique for every user. To each his own. It's not a contest.

Coke sucks. Stimulants in general suck. A-PVP is the only one worth anything,, rough roads dark skies.

Because its a different drug. Cocaine and Ethanol react in the liver and create Cocaethylene. Its very enjoyable but its good for your heart to do often.

Good Cocaine is underrated; bad Cocaine, which is what most people get, is overrated. I personally love Cocaine and is the only stimulant I plan to ever use again, with the exception being MDMA which is just a sedative to me.

Just to clarify so no one takes the wrong message away from this, I think seyer meant to say its NOT good for your heart to do often. Cocaine is cardio toxic on its own, and even more so in combination with alcohol.

Yes, thank you!

Note to self: stop drinking on Sundays.