• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Did you research before your first roll?

Did you research before your first use?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RellikDog

Greenlighter
I spent about 2 weeks before my first roll looking around the internet on the effects of ecstasy and deaths from ecstasy and the like.. I did this with cannabis also..

So do you guys research drugs before you use them?

ALWAYS! It's the single most responsible thing you can do when it comes to being a drug user. If not to save your own life, just to prevent a bad experience from taking something you know nothing about. Anyone who DOESN'T do adequate research before trying a new drug is doing a disservice to themselves as well as the drug culture: we don't need anyone OD'ing on a drug and causing the DEA to crack down even harder on it, whether it's E, opiates, speed, or whatever. Irresponsible drug use reflects badly on drug users as a whole, making us look uninformed, wreckless and ignorant to the non-using world, also something we don't need.

I've never done E and don't plan to, but do find it interesting to research. KNOW YOUR DRUG, YOUR SOURCE, and YOUR BODY, PEOPLE!!! :)

ecstacy was my first drug experience and i'd always bought into the "drugs are bad mkay" message so i was kinda paranoid about it. Until i started researching. I did about a months research (erowid, BL, journal articles) before i dropped at daft punk, best decision i ever made.
I've always had a kind of "thirst for knowledge" so i do tonnes of research about various drugs, i've become the drug geek in my circle. I almost feel its my responsibility to do it, most of my drug using friends have NFI about drugs other than "you take it, it makes you high/trip/etc", theres been several times i've stopped people doing something because of drug interactions that nobody took into account.

The more you know, the better your experiences will be. Any idot can pop ten pills and roll balls but the more educated can make 2-3 pills last 12 hours, roll balls, wake up with little/no hangover and do it for years without causing brain damage.
Knowledge is power.

I always research the drugs I experiment on

first for safety

and because I find I enjoy a drug much more when I know what to expect!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I allways pass Zzyzx on my way to vegas on the 15. lol thats a cool name man. its fun trying to pronounce it "correctly" lol

To answer the question, yes i spent about a good 3 months reading about what mdma was and what it does and does not doo. the odd thing is i did coke before i did mdma, and i never researched coke it just happened randomly. it was offered to me, and i wasn't gonna pass it up cuz i didnt research it. lol

but mdma. YES of course i did

nope...i just found a pill in my house..popped it back not knowin what it was..ate some cheese n crackers..stood up...and WHOOOOOA, got fuckerd..i think i was 15 maybe? but ever since then i usually research all drugs, more though out of boredom, than safety precaution

yea i spent a good amount of time on erowid and pillreports before i first rolled. I didnt get to research the pill i took or test it for that matter since it was given to me in a dark club, but i will never forget that first time. it was awesome.

Yes, the only drug I didn't research was cannabis. I want to be informed about something if it is going to go into my body.

I've always done extensive research on every substance I've put in my body. It's the only way to ensure that you know what you're getting yourself into.

Yeah, I spent about 6 months researching and reading shit over and over again because I thought I was going to die from it. The reason I took so long to research it was because I was waiting for a source I trust to get find molly because I didn't want any sketchy shit all up in my system. I think it helped me feel more comfortable on the night when I finally put those amazing little caps in mouth but I had no idea the awesomeness that was going to follow.

Yes.

I'd been reading up on it for a few months. Wasn't really expecting to take it but then it was offered to me and I felt I had a good enough idea of what to expect.

Absolutely. All I do outside of work pretty much is sit at the computer and do research. On many things but mostly on drugs. It goes way past "Will this get me high?" or "How much of this should I take?". I want to learn exactly HOW all these drugs work. How they effect our brains and our bodies. How other cultures who don't have near the amount of synthetic pharmaceuticals we do and have gotten by for years and years on plants and herbs that are indigenous to their regions. Etc etc etc etc.

So for me My "drug addiction" goes way beyond just being addicted to the feelings I get when I take drugs. I am just as addicted to learning everything I can about them, whether they are synthetically created or natural occurring alkaloids, and whether used for medicinal or recreational purposes.

No I didnt research it. In fact I had little to no understanding about MDMA until after my 3rd time or so using it.

My first roll was too spur of the moment to research.. Which was dumb of me, now I research everything before I do it. After I started doing it I began researching it though.

I didn't know much about ecstasy before my first roll. I knew the basics from what my friends told me, but not as much as I know now. I feel better knowing more about it, then not knowing because I was in for hella abuse.