• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Where did you first take ecstasy?

Where did you take ecstasy your first time?

• At a rave or club environment.

Votes: 70 30.7%
  • Somewhere in nature, outside.

Votes: 21 9.2%
  • At a private residence.

Votes: 110 48.2%
  • Elsewhere (specify!)

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

indelibleface

Bluelight Crew
Where was the first place you tried ecstasy?

I, like many people, tried it for the first time at a rave. I was in downtown Los Angeles in '03, accompanying my raver friends to this dinky little party called The Saturday Before Xmas at a wonderful dedicated rave venue called The Orion that unfortunately no longer exists. At the time, I pretty much found the idea of raves silly, and I was sure I just wanted to attempt attending one for the novelty of it all, and I figured I'd give ecstasy a go at least once. Hah, once. Right. Needless to say, I was back in two weeks (I would have been back in one week, but Christmas got in the way).

However, not everyone goes to a rave to drop ecstasy their first time.

Where were you?

(By ecstasy, I also mean pure MDMA, MDA, or any other similar variant.)

EDIT: If you were at a combination of locales, just pick the place you were at the most.

Last edited:
Pfft! Call this a poll do you? ;)

My first one was half-rave, half-nature.

The first time I did E was at my friends house, she gave me half a pill and I loved it so I had the other half and felt unreal. Cant do it anymore because of meds but hopefully oneday ill feel that first time magic again.

first one i had was at a mates house did absolutely jack for me. Took me at least 5 times before i got full effects , i may have been blocking it or they were crap pills

First time was a house party. Funnily enough after fairly heavy use for four years I only did it one or two more times at a house party, otherwise was at clubs, raves, bars & festivals.

My first time was at a Rave called 'The Ark' at Leeds University refectory hall in October 1991. What a jolly time was had by all. In those months following, I went to the Ark every month. If we couldn't find a pill we would have a wrap of speed and an acid tab instead. I used to think that the equivalent of a pill.
There was always some chap with a top hat and tails on, and at least one nutter or more, with a completely shaved head, top off and tattoos all over. He would often be either dancing madly or going round shaking peoples hand and demanding 'What you on, where you from?'etc in abroad Leeds accent warped through his grinding nashers.
Someone passed me a little jar to sniff one time, of which the contents I had no idea of at the time. It blew my 17 year old head off and some years later I realised it had been poppers.
Once one of the pills packed a surpising punch. I had swallowed it and was waiting for my buddies to return from a visit to their motor, by the entrance, when I started to trip out visually and mentally in a way that seemed LSD like. My friend at the time Samantha saw me struggling with the onslaught of it, and when asked how I was, I could just about manage the words 'really crazy'. She grabbed me by the hand and dragged me towards the main floor. As we approached I could feel an influx of positive energy coming from where the action was, and I was lifted into the euphoria that everyone else was getting off on. I thanked her later for her kindness and she looked at me as though I was daft. She hadn't noticed anything at the time.
After a year or so I left home to somewhere where the scene was different and smaller, and I was at Uni. There was a long gap before I saw a pill again, by which time they never seemed to match up to those golden days very often.

My first time was at a fairly popular club in Los Angeles called "Avalon"...though not as popular today, back then it was all the rage. Anyhow. i had been dieing to try ecstasy for a long minute, and a old friend i had would allways do it. Mind you this was 3 years ago, DJ TIESTO was in town playing a club that packed MAYBE 1000 people. and thats a really really rare event. So i decided this would be the time where all the stars aligned.

i called my frined. told him to get me 2 pills and we would go. it was on

i walked in not knowing what to expect. was it like drinking? was it like weed? ...............FUCK IT. down went the first pill...............
NOTHING!

its been an hour god damn it! i kept on telling myself OMG i think i feel it. but i KNEW i wasn't.

down goes the second........

STILL NOTHING!!!!!

this is 2 + hours. i swear on everything holly. within my first 2 hour crash course of drugs i taught myself how to purchase drugs at a club.

i went around and found it, from some legit motherfuckers who i still know today.

down goes number 3

then...something happend...i cant put my finger on it.

I was in the middle of the dance floor. on my third pill. PIST THE FUCK OFF. cuz i was sober as a motherfucker. something fucking happened.......I went from completely fucking sober as plain watter. within the BLINK OF AN EYE. ....literally. i closed my eyes. opened them back up and my entire life ha changed. right there in front of a thousand people. everything looked felt seemed different.

Needless to say that night i ate 6 pills. went home with my friends girlfriends cousin and fucked the shit out of her in a king size bed.

i then learned i had gotten bunk pills to begin with. so i really mabey consumed 3-4 REAL pills. but god damn. HELL OF A NIGHT!!!!!!

3 years later. 103 pills exactly. hundreds of partys. with no names to celebrity's.

its all a motherfucking blur.

and ile do it again.

ANY

FUCKING

DAY.

Last edited:
At a soccer match when i was 14 years old...fucking unreal peeking for the first time at a stadium with 20,000 people screaming....

House party.

And by house party I mean a party in a house not a house music party.

was out on the streets and at a friends house.
i got soem pure mdma for free and just tested it out.
it didnt really do much, but what i did feel was good so i bought more and took it at a rave.

it was intense as fuck absolutely amazing.

at a teknival. going around in a "city" with over 80 stages playing anything from psytrance to hardcore (but mostly hard/acid/tribetek) while rolling your ass off for the first time is amazing.
i did have a half pill at a club before but i don't count that as 'rolling' as i wasn't feeling that much.

First time I spent most of the time at my house with some buddies
although I always remember that first comeup was walking across that dirt parking lot noticing that I suddenly had more energy than I ever have had in my life.

at a concert... dunno if that counts as a "club environment" as it wasn't really a club, so i chose other

The best place to take e for your first time, The Forks. Lots of people, stoners, e-tards, acid heads, bands and random people playing the guitar. Also holds the world's longest skating rink!

I'm a 4.

Took it on the street (one of my more favoured environments for doing mdma)..

Ooh gosh this was so long ago. I was meant to be going to a party, but my mum thought i was drunk so wouldnt let me go, sent me to my room, andi came up fully like 10 minutes later. Blisssssss