Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Dream Thread - Mk. 2

Chatative

Bluelight Crew
Continued from here...

Just found out about this little 'herb:African Dream Root .(Silene capensis) Apparently you have some in the morning & that night you will have very lucid dreams.

Certainly sounds like a novelty to me. Rather fond of the occasional lucid dreams I have had.

Anyone tried it? Calea zacatechichi is apparently a better known 'dream herb'.

Last edited:
I haven't had lucid dreams before... I have tried methods to induce it.. but didn't keep it up for long

This root is sold on amazon.com

But not on .co.uk :(

I found an online head shop that will post it over here but it does seem strange it is on the US amazon but not UK!

I actually found keeping a dream diary did help to start making me remember my dreams in general. I think the only true lucid dream I had was whilst I was running a fever. Had a few very vivid dreams over the years though.

I'm wondering if these things are safe alongside SSRIs or not. Hmm.

Last edited:
I've had many a lucid dream - they totally blow any drug out of the water in my opinion... That moment of realisation you have in your dream when you think 'hang on, this is only a fuckin' dream, therefore I can do anything I desire', cannot be beaten. The next step usually involves shagging the first woman you come across, or more often in my case, just taking off and flying anywhere I want. If this root would enable me to do this on demand then I want in! =D

^ You got that right... I would make waking up and needing to change my boxers a common practise

yeah sounds nice buuut.... dream euphoria i rarely remember the following morning... so .. is it any use then?

Lucid dreams are cool but they're pretty fucked up. I've only had a few and on a number of occasions I got stuck in the cycle of thinking I had woken up only to realise I was still dreaming, to wake up only to realise I'm dreaming still, to wake up to realise I'm still dreaming....

Lucid dreams are cool but they're pretty fucked up. I've only had a few and on a number of occasions I got stuck in the cycle of thinking I had woken up only to realise I was still dreaming, to wake up only to realise I'm dreaming still, to wake up to realise I'm still dreaming....

Get's confusing after a while... I think I once 'woke up' about 3-4 times before actually waking up. =D

yeah sounds nice buuut.... dream euphoria i rarely remember the following morning... so .. is it any use then?

That's where a dream diary helps. It trains you to remember you dreams. I mean, we dream every night but forget most of it.

Lucid dreams are cool but they're pretty fucked up. I've only had a few and on a number of occasions I got stuck in the cycle of thinking I had woken up only to realize I was still dreaming, to wake up only to realize I'm dreaming still, to wake up to realize I'm still dreaming....

whilst serotonin depleted I've had stuff like this happen. First, I had a really lucid dream that I was playing a mission on GTA 5 as Trevor where you went back to his childhood, it got really weird. To play the mission, in real life you had to put this special helmet on that made you see things from the perspective of Trevor as a child, then you had to travel to this pub that used to be a nusery. The walls were covered in kids drawings of planes, with Trevor's name written on them.

Then I kept thinking I had woken up and my girlfriend had gotten back from work, that she had music on, that her hair was a different colour, kept on happening until I was eventually properly woken up by her coming home.

But yeah, heard about this root a while back, sounds really interesting. I love dreams.

Last edited:
Access to the dreamworld is certainly very interesting though, interesting thought that there are these two states of consiousness (regular waking thought and dreaming) that can be combined in to one form of consciousness when lucid dreaming.

I actually had a lucid dream last night, must have been reading this thread which did it! Rather predictably, as soon as I realised I was dreaming, a bed appeared in front of me which contained a lady in a state of extreme undress who had no option but to comply with my every whim =D. The weird thing is, I remember also feeling a little dirty because I was controlling her actions, so I had to reason with myself that as it was my head she was in, then fair dos...

Usually with lucid dreams, I tend to just take off and fly over fantastic scenery instead of getting my rocks off - but I must have been feeling a bit horny last night :)

Yup, same here sort of... I didn't have a lucid dream but I had some fairly vivid, strange lengthy dreams; they seemed to be one long dream that just indiscernibly changed into the next.

One particularly memorable moment was running out of a classroom through the back playground of my old secondary school & suddenly becoming aware I was very short & was following 3 dwarves, one of which I'm pretty sure was Tyrion Lannister. It all seemed quite normal & it was if they were my friends but it very nearly turned into a lucid dream as I was aware of the ridiculousness of the situation. I think that may have been the first time I have ever had a fleeting moment of hilarity in a dream. =D

*edit* -

No-one really knows how these dreams herbs work but I've been trying to do some research to figure out whether or not they are safe alongside SSRIs. These seem the most likely explanations for it's mechanism of action:

1) It is a weak, reversible MAOI - which potentiates DMT that is naturally produced during sleep. (sceptical about the DMT theory of dreaming)

2) It is an Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, which causes there to be higher levels of Acetylcholine in the brain. That particular neurotransmitter is something which promotes alertness & recall in dreams.

3) It is something else altogether. ;)

Last edited:
I've had many a lucid dream - they totally blow any drug out of the water in my opinion... That moment of realisation you have in your dream when you think 'hang on, this is only a fuckin' dream, therefore I can do anything I desire', cannot be beaten. The next step usually involves shagging the first woman you come across, or more often in my case, just taking off and flying anywhere I want. If this root would enable me to do this on demand then I want in! =D

Im glad im not alone in this rapey, flying kind of adventure :D Realising you are actually dreaming is the fucking best thing in the world, I usually get them when its my first sleep for a while after not taking any drugs, weed often but MDMA etc

now that i think about it... the way i remember some dreams is quite similar to some psychedelic experiences i have had, especially the heavier ones. In that, at the time, they are seemingly lucid, euphoric, comprehensible... but after waking (or coming down) it somehow fades, though not completly, and leaves me with a memory somewhat distorted, unlike normal memories or actual events.

I found I experienced a lot of that kind of lucid dreaming while I was taking galantamine (anticholinesterase/alpha7 NAChR agonist) as a nootropic. Fucked up expensive stuff though.

Nicotine is another one thats done it. I've found I keep waking briefly, during periods of very intense lucid dreaming and then going back to sleep and repeating the process. E-cigs work best for this use, or the refill liquid used (carefully) transdermally.

Indeed nicotine is known to cause vivid dreaming. Lucid or not i dont k ow though...

I had to stop using Nicorette patches because I was getting crazy dreams, even if I took them off 2 hours before bed.

I still had some pretty vivid dreams for the entire time I used NRT products to be fair though. Never did when I smoked cigarettes.