• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Dream Thread - Mk. 2

I 'smoke' one of those E-cigs now, and get through very few actual rollups indeed, and the NRT is really effective for dreaming.
Another herb I can recommend for this action, is of all things, valerian root extract (caps of dehydrated powdered extract are the easiest to work with).

Don't bee alarmed if it fucking stinks to high heaven, valerian root and its extracts and tinctures smell kinda like a cross between a blue cheese that has gone actually bona-fide moldy and decayed, sweaty socks covered in toe cheese chunks and stale cat piss, but its produced THE most vivid dreaming I've ever experienced.

There does seem to be a pronounced tachyphylaxis with valerian however (short term, short lived tolerance that rapidly spikes upon taking the drug producing it)

Larger (much larger) doses of the caps/pills are needed though than for sleep induction, I typically use the whole pack, although it should be noted, that whilst not physically dependent (or psychologically either for that matter), I do have some GABAergic tolerance most likely due to my taking chlormethiazole twice a day, but its obviously not too extensive, given that the stuff remains perfectly well effective.

Valerian is interesting, in that some of the active constituents bind to and act as allosteric positive modulators at a novel binding site at the GABAa receptor complex, IIRC its the same as the one that recognizes loreclezole.

Always fancied trying loreclezole myself, to see if it produces the same sorts of effects on dreaming that valerian does.

As long as its properly cured, dried etc. to detoxify it, Amanita muscaria too acts as a GABAergic hypnotic with strong pro-dreaming effects, perhaps the only drug I've tried that is anywhere near so powerfully effective in this respect. Peripheral cholinergic side effects are effectively dealt with using Buscopan (hyoscine/scopolamine butylbromide quaternary salt, a quat like the cholinergic poison in the fly agaric, so both can effectively be limited to outside the CNS; the former to counter the latter, as muscarine is also a quat and won't pass the BBB.

Download an app which has something called Reality Check (I use one called LucidDream)..

You can set a frequency of time (1 hour, 2 hours, etc) in which i will make a noise with a little message: "Are you dreaming?".. When this happens ask yourself if you are dreaming, look at your hand (as your hand always looks fucked up in dreams) and just do a quick reality check..

I stopped remembering my dreams for months and months but a couple of days of doing this I was having very vivid dreams.. That's the first step.

Before when i could consistently lucid dream I used to wake up a few hours before I normally would.. Get up, get a drink then go back to sleep.. All the time repeating to myself (in my head): "This is a dream, I'm dreaming, this is a dream, etc).. This will hopefully send you straight back into a dream with that thought in mind..

After a while I didn't have to do anything.. I was able to recognise a dream from reality.

Once you become lucid it's sometimes hard to remain asleep.. just stay calm :)

You can set a frequency of time (1 hour, 2 hours, etc) in which i will make a noise with a little message: "Are you dreaming?".. When this happens ask yourself if you are dreaming, look at your hand (as your hand always looks fucked up in dreams) and just do a quick reality check ...
Once you become lucid it's sometimes hard to remain asleep.. just stay calm :)

You know, I was reading a website that had similar advice...

I tried it a bit the other day a couple of times, I just said to myself: "I am awake, I am not dreaming" & took in the surroundings taking note of how things differ to in a dream. Sure enough, I had pretty vivid dream that night.

I suppose you know of using a mantra just before you try to get to sleep in bed? I usually say this a few times over if I'm wanting to remember my dreams well: "I will dream tonight, I will enjoy my dreams tonight, I will remember my dreams tonight". As long as I have wound down with a proper bedtime routine, I find a mantra seems to help in recollecting dreams.

Going back on topic...

I am very keen to try both Silene capensis & Calea zacatechichi but I think I will have to wait until I am off SSRIs. I can't find any accounts of anyone trying them whilst on SSRIs & the last thing I want to do is end up hospitalized or worse. Something to look forward to for the future.

I'll just stick to the mantras etc. for now. :)

P.S. - not that I am suggesting anyone should try it, but I had some very long & vivid dreams after smoking a small amount of heroin the other night. I didn't last night smoking enough to get a nod.

^ Yeh, that can happen while you're still in the heroin 'honeymoon' phase. It's classed as a stimulant narcotic, so if you get the dose spot on, you'll find yourself in a twilight world between waking and sleeping, drifting in and out of consciousness, talking to people that aren't there, hallucinating etc. Unfortunately, this phase only lasts so long and once it's gone, you'll never get it back - so try to keep your use infrequent. The trouble with heroin is that it's hard to get unless you're in the 'right' circles, and dealers change frequently, so I found that I would have to keep scoring regularly just to be able to score at all! Leave it alone for a few months and you can find yourself without a score.

Calea is meant to taste absolutely abysmal btw, just be warned. Its supposed to be extremely bitter.

A plant I think may be useful as a dream herb would be Heimia salicifolia, or sinicuichi. It contains anticholinesterases. It needs cautious dosing though, I tried using it and evidently got too much, the day after I could barely move, the muscle pain was so intense, and everything was stiff as fuck. Not pleasant.

Heres another one, although I have no experience with this one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entada_rheedii

I've found the same with opiates, being on a morphine and oxy script, I keep finding myself waking up from a nod after shooting up, only to find i have been talking whilst nodding out. Always feels surreal and strange at the time. I'd say this effect can last into the physically dependent phase, as it still happens to me, and I've been on pain meds since I was in my teens (I just turned 28 recently)

The incredible thing with lucid dreaming is that you feel every sensation exactly as it is (or you imagine it to be) in real life. When I take off and fly in lucid dreams, there are a few seconds where I suffer from really bad vertigo and feel like I'm about to plummet out of the sky at any moment. This soon passes, however, and I continue to soar onwards and upwards. These sensations are so strong that I've awoken from these dreams convinced that I could actually fly! Unfortunately, after a couple of minutes stood by the bed straining towards the sky, it was patently obvious that I didn't really have a clue.... (I'm not stupid enough to put this to the test by jumping out of the window btw). I think there are parallels between lucid dreaming and The Matrix. The Matrix is like a lucid dream in as much as once you understand what's happening, then you can use your will to bend 'reality' into whatever shape you wish. I just hope I never die in a lucid dream....

Fuck it, I'd love to die in a lucid dream... at least I'd die in my sleep. :D

I once had a dream where I got shot.... felt what I imagined it would be like. I also once got stung by a bee in a dream & I woke up rubbing my arm where it stung.

Strange that pain can manifest in dreams in such a way that it seems real.

also had a dream where i got shot by a nazi. in a maze.

its strange i still remember a lot of details of that dream. including the overwhelming sensation of heat and dissipation brought about by the bullet that was killing me..
had this dream once, perhaps 10-12 years ago (?).

I tried it a bit the other day a couple of times, I just said to myself: "I am awake, I am not dreaming" & took in the surroundings taking note of how things differ to in a dream. Sure enough, I had pretty vivid dream that night.

The problem with this is you might simply repeat the same thought in a dream.. you should question whether you are dreaming or not rather than confirming you are awake. (If that make sense)

I had my 2nd ever dream about drugs last night...

I was sampling some cocaine in a group of potential buyers from some kingpin who had 1 kilo of the stuff. We were all around a small round table on bar stools & he was chopping up huge lines but I only snorted a tiny one. Someone asked if I had tried it before to which I replied it was my first time. I remember getting a sort of uplifted feeling but everything else is a bit vague... I guess it all has something to do with the fact I'll be trying cocaine at some point next month probably!

One thing I've noticed is that I'm not remembering my dreams as well at the moment... it seems using a mantra helped me to remember them better for a week or so, even for a few days after stopping. I do find however I don't feel as refreshed. Bit of a trade off for remembering your dreams.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes when was this created??????

The other night I dreamt that I was taken lotsa drugs and living in a flat, that my parents came - raided the bloody lot and were giving a a lecture then I woke up....

A week or so I dreamt I met someone and connected with them, but my parents hated them. But I defended that person and stayed with them.... that was within the space of an hour, wake up... (why do I keep typing "woke up?" Of course I fucking woke up LOL...)

I had another dream awhile ago that I was back to taking codeine, lots of codeine and hiding it the way I used to, feeling scared n afraid.... then I woke up feeling relieved that I'm no longer that person...

I've had A LOT OF PROPHETIC dreams all in telepathy...

one was where two faces (my relatives) were in a green screen diagonally to one another - the message was they were gna fall out BIG TIME the following boxing day. Thought nothing of it.... it happened, exactly as the message told... fucking scared the shit out of me... another that a best friend of mine was running away from me in my own house but the telepathic message was he wasn't speaking to me and wanted NOTHING to do with me... a few months later, it happened n he didn't speak to me for awhile, was a big row and I was powerless to stop it though I had been giving the warning.... most of them were bad; I assumed I was here to give warnings or some fucking shit but BEGGED God let to have any more and I haven't since...

in 1999 I dreamt that I was pregnant, this dream felt so real that I woke up FEELING pregnant.... The name of my child was given to me in that dream and I was drawn to that name ever since.... fuck me cause ten years later I was pregnant....

Well there's some boring stuff for ya but I'm drinking so can't be bothered remember or writing any more - thank goodness I don't get prophetic dreams no more - let someone else have that burden.... Although when I was 16 I dreamt that a women hated me so much and wanted to destroy me, I woke up shivering and frightened for months.... because I didn't know if it was just a nightmare or a fucking warning. Imagine having to put up with that every time you dream, eh? LOL

Evey

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes when was this created??????

It was actually the 'African Dream Root (Silene capensis)' thread... but I figured now I had my mod powers, I'd change it to this since people were just talking about dreams. :)

It was actually the 'African Dream Root (Silene capensis)' thread... but I figured now I had my mod powers, I'd change it to this since people were just talking about dreams. :)

Ahhh ace, Chatative.... I was thinking of creating a Dream thread, so you've saved me the trouble - even though I'll probably regret what I wrote in the morning n delete it hahahaha

But on a serious note though, anyone who wants Prophetic dreams - think EXTREMELY carefully they're a bloody curse. Most of mine, apart from the pregnancy (I'd NEVER regret my beautiful angel and would fight the world for her) were warnings.... So every single nightmare I had, I would FEAR it with a passion... like I said when I was 16 I had a nightmare that a women with short-dark red hair hated me and wanted to destroy me in every way possible... I woke up shivering and crying for the whole day... I even asked a friend to stay with me and obsessed over it years (and I mean YEARS later) prophetic dreams are a bloody curse hence me begging God to get rid of them...

Just enjoy your dreams, people that's all, don't ask for more, just enjoy them...

And don't ever wish for prophetic dreams, I'm talking from experience and not BSing I swear on my child's life and that's not something I'd do slightly.....

Evey

PS; slightly off subject I was tidying up the other day and I found my "Sylvia Brown; Life on the Other side" book.... I don't believe it but helped me when I went through an extremely paranoid phase due to Michael Drosmin Interview - Wednesday 21 January, 2004 on 'This Morning' (spouting crap about the Bible Code, some Herbrew stuff predicting the end of the world in 2006).

Evey

Last attempt at getting my thread going... :p

I won't be trying any of these dream herbs anytime soon but I had the weirdest dream last night.

A friend was getting a tattoo & I was sitting at the side watching, but came too close & bumped into the guy who was doing it and him and the other staff just started at me & I was being all apologetic saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry" & offering to pay for the hassle of getting new sterilized equipment etc. I think I was so apologetic because I felt they wouldn't give me a tattoo after all that.

I think all that was probably to do with the fact I'm planning out getting my first (possibly only) tattoo & was watching videos of people getting tattoos done last night before bed. Still not sure what to make of the dream. :D

last night I was asleep at my girlfriends. I dreamed that I was in an alternate universe, and every door I opened took me deeper into the universe or brought me back to earth, I finally opened a door that brought me back to earth, and some guys in a range rover kept on trying to shoot me with a device that brought me back into the alternate universe.

Funnily enough after reading this thread i actually remember my dream for once, i find when i smoke weed daily i don't remember them. LAst night i had an anxiety dream about my hair i had a bunch of people tell me its shit. Great =D

I do have some extremely vivid dreams i still remember for along time back. I had 2 dreams when i ran out valium that were out of this world. One was like a mix of Under the dome and the matrix, essentially i was trapped in a town covered by an invisible dome, no one knew about it only a few of us thought something was wrong, everyone was brain washed and the town it self looked like something out of FF7.Anyway when ever any of our minds came free agents would come after us. We tried numerous ways to escape including underwater, the underwater bit was like a video game, at one point an agent grabbed my leg from the other side of the dome and kicked him off a cliff edge. It felt like it went on for an eternity it was also alot more deeper then what i wrote i just cant remember it all properly it was over a year ago. It was just unreal it really was especially how real it felt

I can lucid dream, i was prone to night terrors as a kid and they are similar i always just think a night terror in some ways is just a lucid dream where you freak out instead of going with it. When i was at college i used to play shit loads of WoW i remember on mondays id have like 2 or so hours sleep just playing that game loads as i was in college for just 2 hours on mondays and when i got home i would usually rest my eyes but try and keep myself awake and then i would fall in to lucid dreams.

Because i have had a lucid dream turn into a night terror a couple of times.

I had my first EADD dream the other night, strangely enough Chatative was in the dream. (Dont worry Chat, i havent got some kind of mad obsession about you:eek:). It was as bizzare as only dreams can be, something about all the neighbours cutting their hedges, and me worrying whether id cut mine correctly, i was worried that it was going to stop people being able to park their cars and things like that, which is ludicrous, its only a small hedge, and trimmed more or less properly at that, nowhere near the road, You had really long curly spiky hair in the dream. You didnt say anything you were just cutting your hedge with your long spiky hair. 8(

CUTTING THE HEDGE. This dream may represent the restrictions and obstacles you believe are inhibiting your progress. The restrictions that you intend to overcome may be psychological or material. If you dream of cutting a hedge, it may suggest that you have accepted an immovable obstacle and are making the best of a bad situation.

NSFW:
Shining_246Pyxurz.jpg

hmm, food for thought, thanks Lurching. Its all down to interpretation though isnt it, i mean, i would interpret cutting the hedge as removing an obstacle, especially if i was to completely uproot the thing.

The Shining ha, if ever a man needed a hedge cutter there was one.