Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Magic Mushrooms/ Psilocybin in the UK

hexagram

Bluelighter
not seen a thread on shrooms yet.

anybody had some good stuff recently? For people who pick them in the wild, any tips/ good spots to find them?

they dont grow till the autumn, sheep feilds are good , when i lived in somerset the mendips were very good to find them i once picked a dustpin bag full in an hour, massive rings of a 100 or more all in 1 feild

in wales they grow from mid august until first heavy frost. But plants and presumably fungi grow a few weeks earlier/later in different parts of the country. Spring hits Southern England several weeks before it gets to the far North of Scotland.

Cow fields are good too, especially those with a BIG river running down one of the field borders, Like the Severn or the Dyfi in Wales......

4 of us found a hundred or so in a short time on the outskirts of a small town in Wales. You'd see all the freaks and weirdos and bikers and rebels in two particular fields all walking heads down scanning the grass. Must have made some people wonder what the hell was going on =D

Last edited:
Bit early for this thread, n'it ?

Don't want to draw back J blazing already do we?

Yep, had some lovely ones recently.

For a year round dose of psilocybin, has anyone tried ordering truffles from a dutch website? The website of the company who 'manufactured' the ones we had whilst in dam seemed to suggest there were no problems shipping them to most EU countries apart from Scandinavian ones, they're not particularly expensive so may go for a little test order
No, but there's a company that keeps advertising on my Facebook page and it's getting tempting. Thing is, if they did get confiscated then I don't really want to get my address flagged.

4 of us found a hundred or so in a short time on the outskirts of a small town in Wales. You'd see all the freaks and weirdos and bikers and rebels in two particular fields all walking heads down scanning the grass. Must have made some people wonder what the hell was going on =D

I've actually never been picking here, personally. The local kiddies rinse the best spots and I usually get loads off them anyway. I actually don't object to paying a few quid for mushies if it saves me getting up at silly o'clock and traipsing through fields wiv arsehole farmers taking potshots at you with shotguns :D

Welsh farmers :|

They'll regularly come back with a few thousand after only an hour or two picking. And do so regularly too. Is fukkin rammed with mushies round here in season.

Bit early for this thread, n'it ?

Don't want to draw back J blazing already do we?

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahhahahahahaaaa! =D

as others have said your early, round here NE uk, backend september n start of october. get thousands every year

Havnt been mushie picking since my teens........we used to go in the local park and pick hundreds in an hour used to do it after a night out after raving used to be a bit of a tradition between us.......good times!!

The 'famous' liberty cap field around here was either sabotaged by the farmer or overpicked (is that possible?). Fookin Flyagarics everywhere though.

The 'famous' liberty cap field around here was either sabotaged by the farmer or overpicked (is that possible?).

Very possible, if they're all snapped up as soon as they emerge or reach a decent size they wont have had chance to release their spores, so that the following year is going to be virtually barren, and it will take ages for new spores from surrounding areas to land there and replenish the stocks. I dunno if there is any anti fungal thing that farmers use. I doubt it tbh. Its weird that the sheep and cattle never eat them, or maybe they do and they are tripping out of their tiny minds throughout the growing season. ;)

The kiddies here overpick fields some years and takes a good few years to come back at full flush again :(

I wish they put sheep and cows on Greenwich Park. That's the closest thing I have to a field near me!

When you pick nip mid stem otherwise if you pick the whole thing it won't grow back.

I am in Mid-Wales. Ain't no mushie-luvvin' farmers round these particular parts I can assure you :D

They fukkin love it, Issy...

NSFW:
112Welsh_Prostitute.jpg

Flossie <3

I agree with others on here that it's still too early, but not that much too early. I'm in Wales and I've found early ones in June the last few years, since I started looking early really. If the weather is cool and damp, and it usually is, then they start to fruit mid to late June. Look at altitudes of over 350 metres. North or east facing slopes best for early finds. Once you find an early spot don't overpick it and it will keep producing early year after year.
I'm sure there are plenty of other places that produce early, just think that people don't start to look until september.

the summer weather has been freakishly unsummery the last few years though. The fuckin jet stream keeps getting stuck around the south of france, so we get all the shit weather from siberia and the north pole or Canada, rather than the hot weather from the equator which is blocked from reaching the UK by the jet stream. This has happened for at least the last 3 summers. This might account for the very early appearance of shrooms in your area.

Im praying for the jet stream to get stuck to the north of britain this year. After a blood test I needed a vitamin d supplement due to a lack of exposure to sunlight last month. I literally did not get any sun last year. During the few sunny summer days we had i was stuck in an office. :(

Last edited:
the summer weather has been freakishly unsummery the last few years though. The fuckin jet stream keeps getting stuck around the south of france, so we get all the shit weather from siberia and the north pole or Canada, rather than the hot weather from the equator which is blocked from reaching the UK by the jet stream. This has happened for at least the last 3 summers. This might account for the very early appearance of shrooms in your area.

Im praying for the jet stream to get stuck to the north of britain this year. After a blood test I needed a vitamin d supplement due to a lack of exposure to sunlight last month. I literally did not get any sun last year. During the few sunny summer days we had i was stuck in an office. :(

Yeah agreed the weather has been different over the last few years. I'd gladly trade a long mushroom season to get a good summer, but you've got to make the best of what you've got.
Fungi seem to respond to conditions more than seasons, so if the weather's been right for a while it's worth a look. It's not just liberty caps that seem affected by unusual weather patterns, other autumn mushrooms like porcinis have been up 2 months early too, and I've found other edibles months out of season. I've only noticed libs out of season for a few years, but like I mentioned that's as long as I've been looking. A mate of mine reckons he's seen the same pattern over a longer time though