• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013 MLB thread

oh man I was laughing when I clicked on this thread then I read this

Since I've been a Marlins' fan for two decades

I truly feel as if this season will be a World Series gift from the heavens for the last 21 years of hardships us fans have faced!!

eat a dick Chickenscratch, youre now a fan of the bust fucking team out of the NLDS

Wacha is a sweet ass pitcher, watched that game yesterday and he could be the ace of more or less any team if he pitches like that.

here's to hoping for two bluelighter meltdowns in one week, but I can't really root for the cardinals or the dodgers either.

I guess I'll go with Oakland since they used to be in philadelphia way back when. all my grandfather ever talks about is how he used to go down to Connie Mack stadium and watch the A's just win all the fucking time. that must have been pretty sick, back when you could go to a game with a few dollars and have a full experience. everything's so commercialized and restrictive now, no wonder people just go all out in the parking lot and then cause disturbances in the stands.

going to games is overrated anyway, TV really is the best experience for truly watching the games, and not just being at the games

218px-ALE-BOS-Logo.svg.png

oh yeah.

alasdair

so did anyone catch that pirates game last night?

anyone?

I have a hard time rooting for any team named after nautical terms, must be like OCD or something

I actually was very close to buying an eye patch yesterday. I was cutting dry fronds from a coconut tree and it released a weaponized mist of microfibers at my eyes. Some of them got ensconced in my right medial canthus and scratched the hell out of my cornea.

Theorem: The Braves lost because they were assholes. All that indignation about homerun celebrations late in the season, then refusing to catch Chipper Jones' first pitch because he picked the Dodgers to win the series. You incur a lot of bad karma doing shit like that.

Hello Boston,

My name is Justin Verlander.

verlanda_zps4a07764d.jpg

I aim to shake the bounty from your upturned trousers and harness your women.

geez. even the haters can't bring themselves to recognize what an amazing deep-dig, comeback win that was?

you guys suck.

alasdair

I am but I am waiting to say anything until the dodgers lose in an effort not to jinx it.

According to researchers at the Sorbonne, talking about jinxing is tantamount to jinxing.