• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

I have no idea why anyone would ever feel the need to combine 5-MeO-DMT with another psychoactive substance. For me, vaporizing or smoking about 11 or 12 mg has always been the most direct way to mind, earth and consciousness shattering intensity. I hold a deep love and respect for the substance. Always felt frightened before doing it and always felt amazed and thankful afterwards. Haven't done it in years and I fear that the stuff I have lying around may have degraded to the point of not even active anymore, but I wouldn't mind dabbling in some 5-MeO-adventures again when the time comes. Awesome stuff, with a very pronounced accent on AWE.

Does anyone know if it is best to dissolve ascorbic acid in tryptamine solutions? Not that I have pure ascorbic acid and not sure if you can extract vitamin pills by running it through several stages of filtering to get any and all solid matter completely out --> coffee filter, then whatman filter, then micron filter (and allowing it to settle before the whatman step), or if I have to I got vacuum glass filters at my father's house.

In The Netherlands, ascorbic acid should be available at pretty much every consumer room or any other facility that opiate users frequent. Just invent some story about shooting up opiates and I can't imagine why they wouldn't supply you with some. Maybe even at the right pharmacy.

Last edited:
I have no idea why anyone would ever feel the need to combine 5-MeO-DMT with another psychoactive substance.

Well, if there is ever a 'need' to combine anything can be argued but I too have combined with 5-MeO-DMT with ketamine... not sure if that was to try and numb the nose a bit or dissociate from the stinging feeling, or because I was just very used to snorting ketamine at the time and it made sense to just continue my session when taking the 5-MeO-DMT, or if I had other motives... but it was quite complementary.

A reason why I feel there is benefit in combining these two drugs is that drugs like 5-MeO-DMT and DPT can really pack a punch and can be jarring in a way that can be physically felt. Drugs like ketamine are very physically dissociative (at least the S isomer) and help make it much more comfortable without really removing you from the experience.
Instead it adds to it because it helps create a mindspace consisting mostly of an illuminated void (5-MeO-DMT does this on its own), but it makes it extra swirly like it is all lava lamp plasma convection streams.

Drugs that amplify the positive effects of other drugs while reducing the negatives are remembered as very worthwhile synergy in my book. But it can be pretty mindblowing, taking a moment to be complete baffled - it is best to at least sit down or better yet lie down for it.

Yes 5-MeO-DMT is extreme on its own so you may very well need to reduce your dose a bit as with most things that synergize.

For me, vaporizing or smoking about 11 or 12 mg has always been the most direct way to mind, earth and consciousness shattering intensity. I hold a deep love and respect for the substance. Always felt frightened before doing it and always felt amazed and thankful afterwards. Haven't done it in years and I fear that the stuff I have lying around may have degraded to the point of not even active anymore, but I wouldn't mind dabbling in some 5-MeO-adventures again when the time comes. Awesome stuff, with a very pronounced accent on AWE.

Definitely, I know what you mean. I am preparing IM solutions of 5-MeO-DMT and DMT right now and the odors of them really remind me of the immense respect these substances deserve, the ritualistic peace it is best to start with (if you want to reap what you sow)...

Hopefully 5-MeO-DMT does not kick my ass too much if I want to do a 1 mg trial.

In The Netherlands, ascorbic acid should be available at pretty much every consumer room or any other facility that opiate users frequent. Just invent some story about shooting up opiates and I can't imagine why they wouldn't supply you with some. Maybe even at the right pharmacy.

Never heard of 'consumer rooms', is that an awkward translation google translate came up with? You can mention Dutch words if you want to. ;)

I used the citric acid now like I planned, maybe in the future I will use ascorbic acid.

The synthetic DMT that I just dissolved seems to have kept well in freeze-compartment storage, probably because it is really a rock/chunk like I have seen of amphetamine or coke years ago and/or on tv. Outer layer seems to have oxidized a little bit, but hopefully the inside is still okay.

---

By the way I used the same amount of citric acid for 5-MeO-DMT, it did not really want to dissolve when I added less than 50% by mass (so 50 mg citric acid for 100 mg 5-MeO-DMT).
For DMT itself it was even more, like 120-125 mg citric acid for 200 mg DMT.

---

edit:

WTF! 1.5 mg of I.M. 5-MeO-DMT was physically overwhelming the first 8 or so minutes. Hard to explain how but it was not really fear or panic, just this heavy feeling of it being too much. Otherwise it was fine mentally, although I was not really looking forward to a possible 1-1.5 hours of that.
The framerate really went up and everything looked more visually augmented and defined in an awesome way. It had a bit of a menacing feeling.

Started with ringing ears, I never had that from DMT or 5-MeO-DMT before, just with I.M. ketamine - might be pharmacokinetics related?

After the initial unpleasantries for 40-45 minutes or so a pretty blissful feeling remained that made me want to roll back my eyes mildly.

I'm not sure if I can learn to tolerate the comeup phase, and I doubt it is a useful addition to mix with DMT either. Maybe something like MXE can make it more comfortable and I could stagger the dose. Man, it's pretty hard or impractical to measure 0.05 ml amounts. ;)

It didn't sting at first but after 10-15 minutes even this 0.15 ml made me a bit sore. Do I need to buffer it?

Last edited:
1.5mg was almost overwhelming....what is your normal smoked dose of 5-meo-dmt?? When I was mixing with k I could get about 5mg to dissolve in 1ml, but there was already 100mg of k disolved in the 1ml. I felt like I could handle more 5-meo-dmt but could not get it to dissolve into solution. I am thanking I will need to work my way up to disired dose again, I am wondering now if I wasnt geting it all disolved. I was planning on doing all 11mg at once...but now im thanking on starting smaller and working up the proper way. I am glad I read your post :)

I never smoked it, only insufflation which was heavenly apart from the burn. I must also mention that I have used oral oxycodone IR today but I would be surprised if that had a negative impact.

You are not dissolving each and every separate shot are you? If you have solubility issues why not just start with the K injection and follow up with a 5-MeO-DMT injection using a 'stock' solution of both?

I chose 1.5 mg instead of 1 mg because I read about 2 mg being considered somewhat of a threshold for I.V. somewhere. Obviously my experiment is quite inconsistent with that.
I might very well have to dilute my solution 2x by adding another equal volume of saline.

Would it be safe to combine 5-MeO-DMT with aMT, as aMT is suspected to be an MAOi? I would like to experiment with a very small dose of the 5-MeO-DMT, just enough to pump up the experience, without the ego dissolving effects that a 7+mg vaporized dose would produce.

Is the MAOI activity of aMT strong enough to potentially allow me to ingest the 5-MeO-DMT orally, as a sort of funky pharmauasca?

So far I have tried tried vaping and snorting 5meo-dmt I have vaped it about 5 times and snorted it around 5 times too. I started with vaping 2mgs then moved to 3mgs, 5mgs, 6mgs, and 8mgs. Even with 8mgs my effects were minimal. I just got a small change in perception, euphoria, raised body temperature minor, OEVs( I know it isn't sapposed have any really) and CEVs. When I vaped 8mgs I hit my oil burner perfectly and held it in for a long time blowing out a big cloud; I don't know my the effects didn't even come close to all the reports I have read for equal and lower doses. My nasal doses were about the same amounts and the effects for the most point were similar although with the lower doses like 2-3mgs I seemed to get slightly better effects nasaly most likely due to me messing up my vaping technique since it is sapposed to have a lower nasal ba.

I am thinking of vaping around 10 or 11mgs next time. I am also thinking about plugging it. Do you think around 2 or 3mgs would be a good place to start?

Last edited:
My vaped doses are usally over 10mg. From my research it seams some need only a small dose while others can handle substantually more. I find 5-meo-dmt to be one of those that the induvudal user needs to find his own dose. Start low and keep working up....once your scared up it by a few more mg and thats a perfect dose....lol

Well, if there is ever a 'need' to combine anything can be argued but I too have combined with 5-MeO-DMT with ketamine... not sure if that was to try and numb the nose a bit or dissociate from the stinging feeling, or because I was just very used to snorting ketamine at the time and it made sense to just continue my session when taking the 5-MeO-DMT, or if I had other motives... but it was quite complementary.

A reason why I feel there is benefit in combining these two drugs is that drugs like 5-MeO-DMT and DPT can really pack a punch and can be jarring in a way that can be physically felt. Drugs like ketamine are very physically dissociative (at least the S isomer) and help make it much more comfortable without really removing you from the experience.
Instead it adds to it because it helps create a mindspace consisting mostly of an illuminated void (5-MeO-DMT does this on its own), but it makes it extra swirly like it is all lava lamp plasma convection streams.

Yeah, your reasoning makes sense, it's just that because of 5-MeO-DMT's sheer intensity, it's probably the last substance needy of combination ime. And that's probably also because I don't experience so many negative downsides. Physically I don't mind. The only thing that might be useful is something that provides with more time/space to take in the experience and to process it... but on the other hand that's also kinda the charm of the substance.

Never heard of 'consumer rooms', is that an awkward translation google translate came up with? You can mention Dutch words if you want to. ;)

I thought it was the official term, but maybe consumption or user rooms are more commonly used. They're places for hard drug users to come and use their stuff in peace. In Dutch they're called gebruiksruimte and most major cities have at least a few. Nowadays they're mostly for people who smoke/vape crack cocaine or heroin - as injecting heroin has become a rather marginal activity among drug users in the Netherlands. At any rate, they oughta have some.

Started with ringing ears, I never had that from DMT or 5-MeO-DMT before, just with I.M. ketamine - might be pharmacokinetics related?

Not necessarily. I sometimes get that with both DMTs. Not always, but getting psychedelic body effects is not uncommon for me. Sometimes it may feel like a buzzing tone, sometimes as though your ears are closed. It can really feel like your body is also being transported into another dimension. Very odd.

Anyway, keep reporting back as soon as you learned more. :)

I tried my solution of 5-meo-dmt last night, first dose was 1mg about 40min I did anouther 1.5 then a bit after that I did 2.5 I ended the night with eating a etzoliam and takeing a 5mg shot and getting into bed and tripping to sleep.

But I do not have any muscle sorness today what so ever. I would be more sore from im'ing k then I got from im'ing 5-meo. It did not sting or anythang when injecting.

Was a nice night.

I wanted to update alittle. last night i got 25mg of 5-meo-dmt to dissolve in .5ml of solution with 10mg of citric acid in the solution. It took alittle more sturring and alittle heat but it all went...if 12mg of citric acid was used i bet the heat would have not been needed.

After that i went ahead and im'ed 7mg followed by 4mg 30min later. lied in bed with some bineral beats on in meditative bliss

Last edited by a moderator:
Solipsis, I am curious to know about your experiences snorting 5-MEO-DMT. I currently have a freebase. I snorted it once at about 5mg. The result was about as effective as eating 1/2g of mushrooms. I was extremely tired and was wanting to sleep when I snorted it. I laid and bed and listened to music. Nothing major happened. I was coming in and out of consciousness, not sure if it was very psychedelic. This is going back 6 months ago. The experience didn't have much worth remembering. 4 years ago, though, I smoked a solid hit of this chemical, and was brought way down into a breakthrough experience, unifying all things in the world, and aligning them within me, closing them within me. It was euphoric and nauseating.

I'm still curious to snort 5-MEO-DMT. Its definitely a powerful, euphoric material. I snorted it when I was much younger and on a heavy dose of mushrooms. The room became blue, and I blacked out. But I also smoked it in the woods on mushrooms when I was much younger, and I remember feeling an ultra sense of clarity.

Just curious to know some of the doses you used, what form the 5-MEO-DMT was in, what you experienced, and how your thoughts on using the chemical again in your future travels.

Thanks!

Is this completely inactive orally without maoi, and when you do take it orally with maoi you still require like 30mg?

Best way sounds like vaping, is it possible to smoke in a joint? Don't have access to pipe.

5-MeO-DMT has the best potential for helping to facilitate the ++++ (at least in my world, and the way I work with it) than any other psychedelic I have provided for others. In fact, the way I use it...the way I introduce it....and the people that I will share it will (confirmed again last night) ALWAYS have a ++++ where they literally come out crying and thanking the universe for existence. That effect happens EVERY Time.

Last night was the 14th first-time initiate I held a session for....a very wise seeking person who clearly was ready. Never met him before, he was a friend through a friend. We spent the evening preparing, learning about each other, me finding out his intentions and what he is seeking, and him asking me every question he could about the experience.

When I provide the sacrament I give a 'mantra' which is 'breathe' and I remind the initiate to focus on that mantra, that I sit across from the initiate watch them take it in, say out-loud "BREATHE' and then 'oneness' and then I breathe in rhythm with the hand-selected music (Fireman- "Rushes" song 4). This initiate ran into a pickle about 30 seconds in which I was completely in-tune to....he began to hyperventilate so I took his hand, said 'breathe' loudly' and prayed and sent him good vibes, and he snapped out of the pickle, proceeded to call out "Thank you" and we both began to cry (he was still completely out of body but we both were aware) as he clearly had a ++++. When the trip was over, I saw a man so grateful for life and so taken aback by meeting me and having a stranger want to selflessly facilitate a person to such an experience.

In his own words, he said I 'saved him' and pulled him back from the 'brink of darkness into the light.' Then he called it the most life-changing experience he ever had...and I reminded him that nothing in his life has changed...the 5-MeO-DMT only was a wake up call...I said he has to practice every day to change, to focus his intentions, and with practice he can get back to the 5-MeO-DMT state anytime he wants.

It was a huge growing experience for both of us....for me particularly to know I am able to recognize and 'pull back' an initiate from a dark space into the white light. For all the bad things you read about 5-MeO-DMT...they just don't happen to anyone in my circle. Approach it with the right intentions, be ready to surrender, accept the oneness.

He promised me a trip report so I will definitely publish it...such a good night for both of us. I hope we remain life long friends.

MrPorter said:
Best way sounds like vaping, is it possible to smoke in a joint? Don't have access to pipe.

Works fine in a pipe, hand-rolled cigarette, anyway. NO idea why people say you have to vaporize it....I can confirm it smoked fine in any manor. I smoked it a couple weeks ago in CA on the beach out of a joint...had a beautiful day that day. :)

Last edited:
^

As a rule, the less you 'hotpocket' it, the less you need a hot burning joint (e.g. by taking exceedingly long puffs or aiding with a lighter).

edit: Oh really? did not expect that, the pharmacokinetics must matter a lot for the type of experience you will get, I am guessing. But it may be too confusing and debilitating to keep taking proper puffs for minutes on end.

Solipsis, I am curious to know about your experiences snorting 5-MEO-DMT. I currently have a freebase. I snorted it once at about 5mg. The result was about as effective as eating 1/2g of mushrooms. I was extremely tired and was wanting to sleep when I snorted it. I laid and bed and listened to music. Nothing major happened. I was coming in and out of consciousness, not sure if it was very psychedelic. This is going back 6 months ago. The experience didn't have much worth remembering. 4 years ago, though, I smoked a solid hit of this chemical, and was brought way down into a breakthrough experience, unifying all things in the world, and aligning them within me, closing them within me. It was euphoric and nauseating.

I'm still curious to snort 5-MEO-DMT. Its definitely a powerful, euphoric material. I snorted it when I was much younger and on a heavy dose of mushrooms. The room became blue, and I blacked out. But I also smoked it in the woods on mushrooms when I was much younger, and I remember feeling an ultra sense of clarity.

Just curious to know some of the doses you used, what form the 5-MEO-DMT was in, what you experienced, and how your thoughts on using the chemical again in your future travels.

Thanks!

I used it at about 10 mg insufflated, but I do think that it is considerably less potent this way. It was the freebase but that is probably not optimal for snorting because it does not dissolve well in water and is not absorbed fast in the nose. That was one reason why I liked it I guess: smoking or injection seem to cause a very rapid effect which makes it extremely intense. Then again that is the charm of it, if you can call it that. I do take this stuff seriously, maybe more than anything else.

Like MSG mentioned about his initiate, I tend to have hyperventilation type stuff and other physical panic symptoms as well. 1 mg intramuscular even felt like I couldn't physically handle it for a couple moments / minutes.
How I will use this chemical in the future depends on how far I am willing to go to find out if I need to go considerably higher to dissociate enough not to be preoccupied by such symptoms. And I am also a believer in intention and ritual just like I am with N.N-DMT. With other psychedelics there is enough time to "wing it", to have a rough idea of why I am tripping and working out the rest as I go along. DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are just too potent and brief for that and I get everyday thoughts spinning out of control in chaos if I don't focus first, preferably centering all down to the spiritual level if you understand what I mean by that.

I really need to try an IM shot of 5-MeO-DMT. That is my go-to method for DMT and psilocin. I was really BADLY turned off snorting 5-MeO-DMT (freebase)...mostly because of the ungodly pain...the trip itself wasn't so bad but the pain prevented me from feeling much of anything beyond, 'when the fuck will this stop.'

I VASTLY prefer DMT when IMed over smoking it....I have a feeling I could have a wonderful surprise in store for me when I get around to trying IMed 5-MeO-DMT. Hmmmm.

/me considers making some 5-MeO-DMT acetate for tonight. :)

Good luck on your IM trials MGS!! I really enjoyed my experinces with it, allthough I have not gone as deep with im as I have vap'ing i still consider it a nice roa. MGS your post about the initate a few posts back was a wonderful post!!

Glad you enjoyed reading. It was a wonderful night for both of us really....training for me and a new beginning for him. :) Didn't get to the 5-MeO-DMT tonight, had a guest over instead...ah sometime I will I'll do it and I will be sure to write up what happens...and I will certainly make the initiate's report from last night available when he is done. :)

Thanks for the reply solipsis. How deep have you gone in your trials with snuffing this material? Did 10mg give you a body buzz, euphoria, etc.?

MGS, I enjoyed your post as much as the others did. You sound like a wonderful healer. How much 5-meo-dmt do you use in your trials?

Lately I've been feeling like I need some sort of tryptamine. I've taken a break the past couple of months, because everything that is surrounding me right now seems to be a chaotic mess. I am definitely in need of a psychedelic experience. The last time I used this chemical, I hit a high +3. It was years ago. I recall, at first, being grounded, but then feeling ecstatic, rejoicing throwing my hands in the air reaching as far as I could reach. Laughing, smiling, I felt slight nauseous. It was scary when it started, but I felt brilliant afterwards. I think I may be looking for an experience like that. The experience was scary in the beginning because I felt as though I stopped breathing. I was able to ask my sitter if I was breathing, and he assured me I was. I was flipping out for a minute, I had him take me outside, and thats when it hit like I ton of bricks. I lay sprawled against the ground feeling an ecstatic merge with the world. I think when I got up, I had been rejuvenating by all of earths energy. I could now spring high into the air, waving my hands up in excitement. I probably smoked somewhere near 10-15mg.

Its up in the air though. Mostly I feel like I should eat mushrooms, or I've been debating working some sort of pharmahuasca. Ah, I don't know.

Goodbye

MGS, how much 5-meo-dmt do you use in your trials?

10mg is what my new friend took. The dose I usually offer is 7mg-12mg. In my work, 7mg or 8mg will give the full show but allow the user enough awareness of their body to 'not completely fade away' and some folks like that option...I usually prefer thr 7-8mg range myself....I can remember it all then and I get the most from it....I also am very sensitive to tryptamines. At the 10mg-12mg range most everybody will completely surrender to the experience....total white out. Anymore than 12mg, and it's amnesia land so I don't offer it any higher.

Re: needing a tryptamine

I find a small dose of psilocin and a hit of 5-MeO-DMT to be a divine combination. Psilocin to get the positive vibes going and 5-MeO-DMT is the workhorse. I am sure a smallish dose of mushrooms will work just as well.

What I tell people is 'embrace the fear.' Pick your music (or silenece, whatever) out ahead of time, maybe even have a practice run. Focus on breathing (this advice works every time)....and if you do eat some mushroom first it should have you in a positive mind set. If you go this route, report back for sure!