• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

Has anyone else here tried 5-MeO-DMT orally? People always state that it's not orally active, but I can say with absolute certainty that it is orally active in the right dose. Years ago (about 2008 ) my roommates and I acquired a decent quantity of "Ecstasy" pills in which 5-MeO-DMT was the only active chemical. If you check ecstasydata.org, you'll see the exact pill I'm talking about. Unfortunately they don't list how many milligrams of the chemical were actually present.

Orally, 5-MeO-DMT was very interesting. Duration was about what I would expect from mushrooms. My roommates and I described the experience as "Shroomy Acid". It definitely had a tryptamine feel to it but rather more "dreamy" than mushrooms, more like the headspace of LSD. Visually it really looked like a cross between the two, though with the visuals being a bit more organic than LSD. There was also a great degree of "warping", I recall trying to relieve myself but the toilet kept twisting and moving.

35 mg orally was about as active as I'd have expected from ~5 mg nasally or something. I did not go higher yet, since I usually end up with a slight headachy sensation, which is quite light, but a seems a subtle warning sign. Still, in undetermined time, I plan to test the higher dosages carefully.

Every time I think about 5-meo-dmt, I can't help but shudder. It's been 3 years since my accidental overdose (20mg of 2c-e) followed by (80mg of 5-meo-dmt insufflated ), and still haven't recovered mentally. Once you set your sails so far there's no coming back. The sheer intensity of the experience was just too traumatizing and I still experience certain forms of flash backs, usually extreme depersonalization and panic attacks. I must say, I have been improving lately and oddly enough I'm grateful for this experience in some ways. For example, it radically changed my views on philosophy and, for a lack of a better word, spirituality. I have no doubt that it will remain to be the most pivotal moment in my life. Treat this insane chemical catalyst with the utmost respect, not something to take lightly, so proceed with caution.

Been hesitant to do psychedelics again, but I feel it's been long enough and perhaps another trip is in call, as i believe it'd be therapeutic in some ways.

Last edited:
No, not in detail, although I did submit one to erowid sometime ago. It's a hard experience to construct in words. Anyways, this particular tryptamine can provide some of the most intense experiences one can endure and I foolishly underestimated the power of such a substance. Probably didn't help I accidentally insufflated roughly 80mg on top of my peak from 20mg of 2c-e, inducing a state of catatonia accompanied by never ending perpetuating feelings of fear/anxiety, but I'll try to locate a link to my trip report though.

Since my last traumatizing experience with 5-meo-dmt, I've always wanted to undergo another trial to see if I can resolve some of the issues that arose in my last session. I'm just concerned because I had completely lost my shit, catatonic, ddnt know who I was or where. I consider myself experienced with various psychedelics and I've endured many of horrible trips, accompanied by complete ego loss, but this last time was different. Its been 3 years now and I still get severe anxiety, dissocciation, cognitive issues, my sleep paralysis resurfaced. Maybe I should keep clear, might not make it back next time lol.

Tried vaping 5-meo-dmt several years ago and decided it was not for me. 5mg vaped was a very unpleasant experience. I remember meditating and feeling like I was sweating buckets, just waiting for it to end.

Recently found 20mg in a baggie and, being a masochist, decided I should do something with it. I disolved 20mg into 1ml of some typical e-liquid (PG/VG mix) and put it into a typical 510 e-cigarette. I knew that this would result in a minuscule (i.e. threshold) dose (ex a few puffs probably equal 1mg), but that's fine given my previous rough experience.

My 510 battery has a variable voltage dial going from 3.2V to 4.8V. With several puffs at 3.2V I didn't feel anything, so I pumped it all the way up to 4.8V. There we go. With one good draw I immediately felt threshold effects. I did a few more draws and felt the familiar feelings, albeit at threshold level. I was already sweating so I stopped there. I meditated (what else can you do when you have no idea why you put yourself into this position?). It was interesting, but not enlightening.

I think I will try again with a bit more, though I'm still not sure if this chemical is for me. I've still never got much out of it other than some bizarre and not-altogether pleasant feelings. Maybe I need to do a breakthrough dose, but I'm not going to do that in this lifetime. :)

All this to say: Standard e-cigarette seems to be a viable delivery device for this one, though the vapor was very harsh to hold in for the typical 10 seconds. Since the required dose is so much smaller than DMT, I assume that one could easily dissolve a high enough concentration to breakthrough this way. Not sure if you'd want to, though.

5-MeO-DMT seems to be one of those compounds where anything sub-breakthrough is unpleasant to most people. I am prone to physical side effects on psychedelics, so it's not really on my list of things to try...

5-MeO-DMT seems to be one of those compounds where anything sub-breakthrough is unpleasant to most people. I am prone to physical side effects on psychedelics, so it's not really on my list of things to try...

This is the case even for me, and I LOVE 5-MeO-DMT. Anything short of a full, breakthrough, out of body dose tends to be unpleasant and physical in nature. Once you get above a certain threshold (7-12mg or so, in one hit), the body ceases to exist and you are not aware of it again until the effects are declining. For many people, an MDMA-like afterglow is what is noticed.

After a break through, even the smaller dosages became pleasant or at least sometimes neutral for me. It gives a lot of body energy though, which can be overwhelming.

I have 5-MeO-DMT Hydrochloride powder stored at room temperature in normal conditions in sealed bag 3 years. Do you think there will severe degradation 5-MeO-DMT which I had for about 3 years? Want to use it via IM route.

edited:

found an answer in this thread

One good thing is this compound doesn't seem to degrade ever! Like I said in another, I stored mine for almost 5 years and it still works just great. Indeed, 5-meo-dmt is just beautiful! Actually, despite storing it for so long, I have tried it only once, and I guess I still have to do it a few times more until I can get a grasp on the trip and take the most out of it. It`s all just too fast and confuse! when I came back to myself I had no Idea of what had happened! But at the same time it felt physically and emotionally sooooo good! The after effects were also delicious, and unexpectedly I felt it was really easy to communicate (even easier than normal). When the right time comes, I will explore it more!

Edit:
MGS: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Now, after reading what you said about IMing, I think thats how I could achieve what I was looking for with DMT and 5-meo: a more manageable ride...[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Maybe I will start studying the methods, and maybe overcome the needle taboo...

[/FONT]

Torresmo, do you have HLC or Freebase form of this chem?

Last edited:
I had a few lower doses which weren't too unpleasant - it's just surender or being swept away with this stuff - it still has a lot of power but it is also amazing how fast it cleared at smaller doses leaving a clean feeling. Snorting was pretty awful as well as oally (MAOI). Most of my attempts at writing reports on this have fallen short though.

5-MeO-DMT is the first, and possibly only, psychedelic that I would do again if I got back into psychedelics. MGS and I are of one mind on the stuff ... as I remember from the last time we talked about it we could probably have our very own 5-MeO-circlejerk thread ... it's friggin incredible and was responsible for probably my only ++++ experience and I don't even really believe in ++++ experiences (and also don't really believe in writing trip reports ...) so yeah, it's that good. Not for everyone though, not for the faint of heart and certainly not to be over-done (as I mention in my TR, I smoked an unmeasured amount of a degraded material, don't do this ... and, obiter, if anyone still has that reddish hygroscopic material that widely circulated some time ago, it's still pretty damn good, but I digress) Not to be under-done because as MGS says:

mgs said:
This is the case even for me, and I LOVE 5-MeO-DMT. Anything short of a full, breakthrough, out of body dose tends to be unpleasant and physical in nature. Once you get above a certain threshold (7-12mg or so, in one hit), the body ceases to exist and you are not aware of it again until the effects are declining. For many people, an MDMA-like afterglow is what is noticed.

And

Sir Ron Pib said:
I had a few lower doses which weren't too unpleasant - it's just surender or being swept away with this stuff - it still has a lot of power but it is also amazing how fast it cleared at smaller doses leaving a clean feeling. Snorting was pretty awful as well as oally (MAOI). Most of my attempts at writing reports on this have fallen short though.

Surrender or be swept away is pretty apt. I found underdosing to be grating though. Oral 5-MeO-DMT/MAOI sounds gross and potentially dangerous. Snorting sounds gross and a waste of time. As will surprise many people who know me, I never injected the stuff but that was largely because the material I had was freebase, reddish and with the rough consistency of BTH, so even I wouldn't go near it with a rig :p

I haven't had it myself
I've been having some if this in my freezer like forever. I'd love to try it, but I guess I just don't have the balls :!

Have you guys rectified this not-having-tried-5-meo-dmt situation of yours yet? I'm particularly looking at you Xorkoth.

I have 5-MeO-DMT Hydrochloride powder stored at room temperature in normal conditions in sealed bag 3 years. Do you think there will severe degradation 5-MeO-DMT which I had for about 3 years? Want to use it via IM route.

5-MeO-DMT is a 5-substituted tryptamine, which are pretty stable (unlike 4-substituted ones) + it's a salt, which again is more stable than freebase, so there shouldn't be ANY perceptible degradation.

Snorting sounds gross and a waste of time.

It's also a waste of dose.

I tried it, the drip is disgusting and 15-20mg snorted is equivalent to 2.5mg IM (the onset and duration is about the same).

Last edited:
If you have this in hcl form, is it possible to turn it to a freebase relatively easily?

The pKa of 5-MeO-DMT is 9.3 (Ghosal & Mukherjee 1964).

With 1N aq sodium carbonate you get a pH of 11.6 meaning that it should be enough of a basic solution to convert the majority of your 5-MeO-DMT seeing as there is a pH difference of 2.

200px-Weak_acid_speciation.svg.png

Higher pH should be more resolute and quick, if you play it very close that means that you have no excess to rely on and that you will just have to apply more vigorous mixing and waiting to make certain.
Lye is just easy to get a very high pH, I don't know why other bases could not be used but if you need a lot of a certain base to achieve your needed pH one might argue that leaves your conversion mixture much less dilute and pure. In this specific case that is probably not much of an issue if inorganic bases are used that don't readily dissolve in your non-polar (e.g. naphtha) anyway.

Last edited:
im kinda confused on this one while it clearly has out of body expierences and induces ego death like regular dmt i have heard that this is not very visual. im thinking of buying some while i still can. i have never done dmt or 5 meo dmt what should one expect on his first trip, and also do you need a methamphetamine type globe pipe to smoke this substance. smoking seems to be the best roa.
any advice would be beyond helpfull thanks,
nugz

im kinda confused on this one while it clearly has out of body expierences and induces ego death like regular dmt
kind of but it is not really like "regular" DMT, it's rather different.[/QUOTE]
the trip report I liked to above and ensuing discussion might help describe it
but of course it is all very subjective
i have heard that this is not very visual.
it isn't
but DMT is just a color show
whereas 5-MeO-DMT is incredibly "spiritual" or whatever
(I don't believe in any of that shit as relates to drug use, but if I did, I'd apply the word to 5-MeO-DMT)
im thinking of buying some while i still can.
you should even if you won't do it now it is definitely something to keep in the collection[
as it is now scheduled here and in China it may be hard to acquire in the future
although word around the campfire is that it circulates currently
ii have never done dmt or 5 meo dmt what should one expect on his first trip, and also do you need a methamphetamine type globe pipe to smoke this substance. smoking seems to be the best roa.
any advice would be beyond helpfull thanks,
nugz
yes. a MA type pipe is perfect. i.m. is also good apparently although I haven't tried it. i,v. is not realy advisable.
and if you have the freebase product which can be off color, hygroscopic, don't think it's bad stuff, it's really quite good
that's the only one that I got and that's what produced my ++++
if you have pure white powder/hcl stuff then I might just jump right to i.m.

No way I'm using a needle to muscle drugs. Expessially with extremely powerful pychs.