• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-MEC (4-Methylethcathinone) Megathread (v1)

icen

Greenlighter
Hello!

Does somebody heard about this compound ?

4-MEC, 2-Ethylamino-1-(4-methylphenyl)propan-1-one, MECK, 4-methyl-N-ethylcathinone

seems that formula is 4-methylethylcathinone

maybe some info guys ??

4-MEC_molecular_structure.png

---

4-MEC Wikipedia
Erowid 4-MEC Vault [Experience Reports] [Dosing]

CAS# 1225617-18-4 (1266688-86-1 for 4-MEC hydrochloride/HCL)

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been sold like alternative to mephedrone.. maybe someone has tried this? experiences..? also maybe cas number ? Can't find it on wiki.

The only thing that comes up on Google is this thread.

Are you not talking about 4 MMC - Mephedrone?

There are so many new research chemicals out at the moment its hard to keep up - I could suggest you check some of the Research chemical chat threads around the place.

I will move this over to Other Drugs where somebody may know the answer for you.

If it follows the normal pattern of N-ethyl compounds it is likely a somewhat less potent version of mephedrone.

Maybe like this...

Hi guys,

Just saw this new compound being offered by a reputable vendor.
I've drawn a pic of what I figured would be it's structure.

4-MEC.jpg

Is it correct?

If this follows the same trend seen with ethylone - methylone, we'd find a watered down version of mephedrone. But anyway things could be much different in this case, so don't take my inexpert word for it.

Peace & love <3

Barkuti

Apologies. Either I wasn't awake enough when I made the above post, or the OP modified the pic. I completely missed the 2nd carbon.

Either way, there is nothing remotely interesting about it :).

Seems interesting enough to me, especially if it feels cleaner and less compulsive than mephedrone.

Found 2 vendor's selling this now, any reports on dosage, method of admin, effects etc?

I suspect that this would be illegal in the UK if it is so close to mephedrone. It is not metioned specifically in the ACMD report that lead to the ban but it also says that they wanted to be pretty braod about banning all related cathinones. Perhaps someone with better understanding of chemistry than me would be able to tell whether the it would be illegal in the UK.

Got palmed off with this after ordering mephedrone by a vendor.
Suffice to say, no rushes, a bit like weak methylone.
Didnt enjoy it that much was expecting meph.

It certainly not specifically illegal, but it's a possible analog. Analog of an analog actually.

Dont think we have analog laws in the uk.

I seen some vendor selling this stuff called Mad Cat, some random green powder.
Said to be a meph replacement. They wont actually say whats in it though
You think it could be this?

Last edited by a moderator:
While we are on the subject of new RC's....

Anyone seen 'Benzofury' for sale? Well my son knows the vendor very well, and he sent him a free sample. I had a quick look/smell of it & can confirm that its mainly mephedrone (unmistakeable smell) mixed in with something else that had a strange unpleasant smell. The guy is an idiot btw...

=DThe only sampling that was done in this house was by the toilet lol