• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-MEC (4-Methylethcathinone) Megathread (v1)

I seen some vendor selling this stuff called Mad Cat, some random green powder.
Said to be a meph replacement. They wont actually say whats in it though
You think it could be this?

Just posted about this in one of the new RC threads, although I avoided the name as it's only on one site so that's enough for sourcing maybe?

Bought half a g, in the spirit of scientific curiosity. Apart from the odd pale green colour everything about it was like the more stinky mephedrone synth. Smell, taste, texture, feel on the sinus, effect, fiending, stinky piss through constricted kidneys, vasoconstriction and an unhealthy obsession with internet filth. If I was going to get more I would want clear info about the contents.

Can't help but wonder if an RC seller, with a lot of old stock and no adequate connections to bad people, has found a way to colur it and pass it off?

Found 2 vendor's selling this now, any reports on dosage, method of admin, effects etc?

A reputable vendor is sending this stuff (4-Methyl-N-ethylcathinone) out as a mephedrone replacement, given the passage of new drug laws in the vendor's home country. It's a good deal weaker than mephedrone and probably not less neurotoxic.

75mg intranasal bioassay earlier today produced a short period (roughly 40 minutes) of mild euphoria with only a slight "rush." I felt the urge to speak freely, and at length about a great deal of nothing important. I felt mildly empathetic and stimulated for about one hour. Side effects included some trisma, elevated heartbeat, blurred vision, and sweaty palms -- all of these side effects had tapered off within an hour except for the elevated heartbeat. There was a strong desire to redose.

I will report back when I have tried a larger amount. It certainly seems a lot weaker than mephedrone OR methylone at this point.

100mg-150mg was the amount a vendor advised for 'research', just to add to the limited info. on this chem.

Got palmed off with this after ordering mephedrone by a vendor.
Suffice to say, no rushes, a bit like weak methylone.
Didnt enjoy it that much was expecting meph.

Hey blauwelichten, I have a few questions for you. If you don´t mind disclosing, what was the dosage level, total amount consumed, setting, and route of administration? I have, so far, found an oral dose of 220mg to be quite a bit more cocaine-like than 120mg intranasal (which was, as you say, like a weak entactogen).

I´m preparing to go on a few more trial runs and then submit a full in-depth report.

I don't trust UK vendors anymore. They gone crazy after the ban of cathinones and try to sell left over mephedrone, methylone, butylone, MDPV and in combinations with other rcs under silly names (like 4-MEC, 5-IAI, benzo fury, ...). From the experience report it looks like meph.

Can you obtain lab analysis on your substance?

A little Google suggests 4-MEC is what's in NRG-2 - and this is the reason for there not being much information about it. From what I hear it's not that great so I won't be investing any money in it, particularly given that it is one of the "NRG" chemicals.

I won't even bother to type up the trials and repost them. 4-MEC is absolutely garbage. My partner and I and a couple of select friends have now experimented with doses ranging from 10mg insufflated all the way up to 500mg oral. The final verdict is that it does just about nothing whether you do 50mg or 500mg. Unbelievably, the effect isn't increased by upping the dosage -- AT ALL... we probably just ate 250mg of acetone and a bunch of precursor bullshit for all I know. It has roughly the same level of euphoria as two cups of Starbucks coffee and a hug from your mother. The only thing to write home about is that for a few minutes as you're coming up it feels a bit like a weak cocaine rush before it plateaus into a tease where you almost feel empathetic, talk a little more than normal, and pretend that you're still "coming up." 10 minutes later you will wonder why you just ingested some research chemical that is quite possibly neurotoxic when you could have just plugged a stacker 2 pill up your ass and chugged four red bulls for the same effect.

Don't look at me, I have no self-respect.

Well, it is doing something to me. I was unable to eat for two and a half days.

A stimulant that barely stimulates but destroys appetite? I really would like to find out if what I took was 4-MEC at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont think we have analog laws in the uk.

We most defiantly do have analog laws. Most of the phenethylamine, tryptamine cocaine and opiate family are covered by this law. I have seen 4-MEC for sale too. I'm pretty sure it's covered. Buy swim decides to order just incase :p

The phenethylamines in pihkal and many tryptamines are banned, but by specific phrases, i.e. "any tryptamine substituted w/ an alkyl group at the nitrogen atom" or whatever, not by a sweeping, vague condition of "substantial similarity". It's not an analogue law, any compound is determinately legal or illegal, there's no grey area.

The phenethylamines in pihkal and many tryptamines are banned, but by specific phrases, i.e. "any tryptamine substituted w/ an alkyl group at the nitrogen atom" or whatever, not by a sweeping, vague condition of "substantial similarity". It's not an analogue law, any compound is determinately legal or illegal, there's no grey area.

I thought that was an analog law....

No, an analogue law is one that outlaws drugs in a vague way on the basis that they are similar to banned drugs. In UK law, it's legal or illegal in its own right, if you catch my drift. For example, 2C-E is explicitly banned here. Not because it's an analogue of something, but because it's illegal. In the USA, 2C-E isn't scheduled, but it would likely be considered an analogue of mescaline or of 2C-B/2C-T-7, and thus be illegal itself.

I don't trust UK vendors anymore. They gone crazy after the ban of cathinones and try to sell left over mephedrone, methylone, butylone, MDPV and in combinations with other rcs under silly names (like 4-MEC, 5-IAI, benzo fury, ...). From the experience report it looks like meph.

Can you obtain lab analysis on your substance?

4-MEC is shorthand for 4-methylethylcathinone, 5-IAI is another actual chemical name, being short for 5-Iodo-2-aminoindane. Benzo Fury is most likely named that because of the "benzofuran" part of the chemical name of 6-APB/6-APDB. I agree, however, that they shouldn't sell things like Benzo Fury, NRG-1/2/etc., and other "named" compounds like that, because that gives them free reign to just mix a couple different RC's if they want, since it's their own creation or whatever.

Down here in South Africa, the name is cat.

Started using about 7 years ago.

Basically, it keeps you awake for hours on end. In the beginning you could take it as a party drug, but after a few years use, you get antisocial bad. The nearest to a friend will be your computer, because that is all that will keep you busy.

Your smoking increase from 30 to 90 a day and u stink a lot. Luckily you won't feel the need for any alchol, because you just can't drink and use this stuff at same time.

If you want to be by your lonesome and surf the net for hours on end. This is it. Oh and for people suffering from astma, so long as u use. You won't need astma medication.

Rather strange post...

Is this legal in the UK then?

Like a large number of RC users I have been looking for a drone replacement or since its still not scheduled in the US a decent supplier. But this seems increasingly harder and harder. Now that mephedrone is so sought after companies are creating new RC's to keep up their profits after mephedrone phase. But almost every new RC I've heard about in the past six months has been shitty. Ive officially given up chasing the drone high and it makes all RC's look dangerous and not worth the time. Just give it time, pretty soon drone will be on the black market just like methcathinone itself. So just think about why your ordering RC's before you purchase them. Hopefully, none of the RC's released in the absence of drone don't have serious health effects.

Down here in South Africa, the name is cat.

Started using about 7 years ago.

Basically, it keeps you awake for hours on end. In the beginning you could take it as a party drug, but after a few years use, you get antisocial bad. The nearest to a friend will be your computer, because that is all that will keep you busy.

Your smoking increase from 30 to 90 a day and u stink a lot. Luckily you won't feel the need for any alchol, because you just can't drink and use this stuff at same time.

If you want to be by your lonesome and surf the net for hours on end. This is it. Oh and for people suffering from astma, so long as u use. You won't need astma medication.

I think you're talking about methcath, not this. I have a dear friend who was abusing mcat (not mmcat, not mephedrone, not 4-MEC) for a year or so. Terrible for her. Your description fits that drug better (imo?)

Will get some of this soon, and carefully try it out.

Hoo, got some in the mail today. Taking a 5mg dose orally now to *relatively* on the safe side. You never know.

It looks the methylone I usually get, crushed crystalline-ish powder. Smells awful, much like 4-MMC.
Very glad I'm not snorting this.

Last edited by a moderator: