• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

360'rs - What are you playing???

I'm gonna pick up the game of the year edition for both.
They come with all of the DLC

Was playing nothing but skyrim, but decided there wasn't enough to kill. So I picked deadspace 2 up again.
It's been out for awhile, I know, but I can only play it for so long at a time.
So dark and creepy. The other night it made me jump for like the 'nth time and I said fuck it and went around just catching butterflies in skyrim.
Might as well get my fill on the games I own, because when tekken tag 2 comes out it's not leaving the xbox for a long time.

I just played LA Noire. Christ, that shit was boring. Entire gameplay amounts to:

Feel controller rumble, press A
Try to link facial twitches to totally vague/irrelevant evidence
Drive somewhere

*repeat*

Dull.

^I was playing that game while a former cop relative of mine was at my house and he picked all the right options.

Like seriously didn't miss a beat.

I ended up reading a guide to get the correct options, and even after it explained why a response was linked to a clue... the link still didn't make any sense - at least, not one that you could accurately work out in normal gameplay.

Total shit.

A fine example of a game that was built around a new visual technology (facial animations), without much thought given to how fun it would be to play.

^I guess you have to have a cop mind to make all those connections to the evidence.

I didn't get most of them till my relative came over and was bored and watched me play the game (he used to be on homicide before he transferred to an anti gangs unit until he was forcibly retired). Guess it takes a particular type of mind to make those types of connections.

Although I agree the game did get excruciatingly boring at times. So much driving around and cop conversations. Not enough action.

i still want to play it. the only offputting note i've read on it is that you can finish the game no matter how bad you are at it. every click, right or wrong, eventually moves the story along.

^Yeah that was another downside. You can literally set up a frame job on some guy who may not even be that good of a suspect and still the story rolls on. Also it's not as "free roam" as you would like you being a fan of GTA.

IMO they should have mixed it up like with the now defunct-True Crime franchise. Not too much but just enough so the game would have had a nice balance between detective work and action. There is this street crime thing you can do. You get a call on your radio saying some dudes are robbing a bank or something and then you drive there. But it feels so... I dunno forced? Scripted? It doesn't have that free roam feel to it I guess is what I'm saying.

I mean in GTA a lot of random things can happen and they do. They don't in this game which just makes it feel so boring. The story though is fantastic. Very well written. Feels like a good noir movie.

Last edited:
limitation of the tech at present, i'm afraid. it was already three discs as it is. :\

true crime was alright, with real maps and the ethical element. just too buggy when i played it, which really stopped me in my tracks.

true crime was alright, with real maps and the ethical element. just too buggy when i played it, which really stopped me in my tracks.

Yeah it was incredibly buggy. If not for that though the game would have been a lot better. I was really looking forward to True Crime Hong Kong until they cancelled it. Real bummer. Wanted to cruise around Kowloon and blow people up.

shiiiit, were they seriously making that? damn! it was good to see kowloon in that blockbuster last year (i forget which).... i would have loved to have experienced it just once before they brought it down. it sounded like a very unique and special, albeit fucking scary, place to be in, now forever gone.

i've secretly fantasised for a cabramatta mid 90's gta game. cabra is a western sydney suburb known for its vietnamese gangs (who incidentally are responsible for australia's only political assassination) the most prominent of which was 5T. i imagined it being called GanGTA (making pun on viet accent).

edit: wait.. wasn't that a video game.... a call of duty perhaps....i might be mistaking for blockbuster film.... ugh, too drunk to think. bai jiu pwns me once again.

shiiiit, were they seriously making that? damn! it was good to see kowloon in that blockbuster last year (i forget which).... i would have loved to have experienced it just once before they brought it down. it sounded like a very unique and special, albeit fucking scary, place to be in, now forever gone.

I take it you are referring to the Kowloon Walled City that was demolished in 1994? Yeah it was pretty cool. My parents took me to see it when I was a kid. We didn't go inside of course. But I did see the outside of it and I just remembered it looking really cool and run down. Kind of like a modern yet ancient ruin if that makes any sense. Of course by the time I saw it most if not all the inhabitants had already been evicted for the demolition.

i've secretly fantasised for a cabramatta mid 90's gta game. cabra is a western sydney suburb known for its vietnamese gangs (who incidentally are responsible for australia's only political assassination) the most prominent of which was 5T. i imagined it being called GanGTA (making pun on viet accent).

Australia has only had one political assassination in its entire history? And the one time it did happen it was done by immigrants? Wow. You guys are nice. Makes me want to move Australia =D What is the name of said Viet gang?

I've also had my own GTA fantasies although mine are a lot less realistic I guess (or more depending on how you look at it). I've always wanted to take the whole San Andreas concept of multiple cities and expand it to like the whole United States or something. Think about how bad ass that would be! It would be fucking INSANE!!! I hope one day the tech gets advanced enough for that to happen. Imagine hanging out in Liberty City, then taking a flight to Vice City, then going to San Andreas! That would be so cool and epic!!! The game could literally never end. There would be so many Easter eggs not to mention random jobs you could do. Think about it ;)

edit: wait.. wasn't that a video game.... a call of duty perhaps....i might be mistaking for blockbuster film.... ugh, too drunk to think. bai jiu pwns me once again.

Yeah I think that is one of the levels in Call of Duty Black Ops. It is also one of the multi player maps. But technically its wasn't actually the Walled City it was another part of Kowloon near where the old airport use to be. My mom grew up there and I guess it really did look like that. Fucking Hong Kong ghetto.

Also I hope you're not drinking that nasty rice wine when at Bai Jiu. I could never stand that stuff honestly. The only thing I drink that is made in China is Tsingtao.

Wait is Bai Jiu a noun or a verb? Now I got myself confused. I mean I guess technically it is a verb but it is also an event so wouldn't that make it a noun? Fuck I'm drunk too. Perhaps when I wake up tomorrow and read this post it will become painfully obvious.

imagine a gta mmo :D

bai jiu = white liquor, it's a strong spirit to drink while eating. i love the stuff.

imagine a gta mmo

Now you're fucking talking man. Shit that would be awesome! And you can form your own gangs and take territory in cities. Would be a 10 times better than WOW or any MMO out there.

bai jiu = white liquor, it's a strong spirit to drink while eating. i love the stuff.

oh right I was mixing up the Cantonese pingyin with the Mandarin. In Cantonese white is pronounced with a ch ending. So it would sound like bach jiu not bai jiu.

Wu liang ye and Moutai ftmfw

Back on topic, I'll be reunited with my beloved 360 on Wednesday. Prolly will settle back to the old familiarity of fifa11 and gtaiv.

imagine a gta mmo :D
doctor-who-meme-generator-this-my-dear-friend-is-fucking-genius-d41d8c.jpg

Finally picked up Battlefield 3.
Started the Campaign yesterday, but got distracted.
So far I'm blown away by the graphics (probably moreso because I've been playing CoD4 for the past three weeks) and the gameplay is pretty cool.
There seems to be a pretty wide variety of weaponry available, but I haven't picked up anything, just sticking to what I start the level with.

I'll be binging tonight, get good enough to feel comfortable going online

i still want to play it. the only offputting note i've read on it is that you can finish the game no matter how bad you are at it. every click, right or wrong, eventually moves the story along.

Yeah, that kills a game for me.