• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

Hey, the guy has some and was interested in it. Some people have taken this stuff and come out fine. Yes, it is risky, but don't all drugs have some risk to them? Some more than others? Do some research and find out if you really want to take this, i can assure you that if you take the right dosage you will be in for an experience of a lifetime.

Good luck!

^Finding the right dosage is virtually impossible with plant-based datura/deleriants. Thus, its not a reccommended way to trip. Of course all drugs have risk inherent to them; datura and related plants happen to have much more serious risks and to a degree that makes ANY useage of them very dangerous.

^Finding the right dosage is virtually impossible with plant-based datura/deleriants. Thus, its not a reccommended way to trip. Of course all drugs have risk inherent to them; datura and related plants happen to have much more serious risks and to a degree that makes ANY useage of them very dangerous.

True... im just saying if he gets the right dose... which i know isnt easy but its taking a chance. I do agree though that this drug is very dangerous, dont get me wrong.

Some of my friends had a light dose of Datura, and they said they didn't feel anything for about 2 hours, then they just felt kinda funny. They didn't really get hit until the next day... and it took all day and into the evening before they baselined. The visual effects they described were things would randomly change size, or color, or disappear and reappear. But just little things: washers, nuts, bolts, post-it notes, pens, pencils, cigarettes. My friend GK complained about asymmetric dilation of his pupils, but that could have been a visual change.

We made tea from blossoms, however.

Not recommended unless you are an experienced shaman, not tripper. Also, should only be dosed by witches who are trained in the herbal arts.

Maybe a separate Deleriants forum should be created and all these threads can be shuffled over there so nobody has to read them again and these silly kids can just talked to each other about how FUCKED UP they got on datura and whatnot and how AWESOME they are for getting arrested/hospitalised... without polluting PD :D

I've done datura 4 times. And will not do it again, for a long long while - if ever.

It is the ONLY substance i've had a bad trip on.

It was freezing cold, at night, on a deserted beach.
I remember feeling I was in the desert in the blazing heat of the sun. It was light all around me. I was stumbling around in my underwear. I couldn't see my friends - I had no idea I has even been with anyone at all. My memory was swiped, and I was an entirely new person. I headed towards the water because to me, it was like an oasis. One of my sober friends ran after me, and grabbed me to keep me from wading into the rough west coast sea. I thought he was a vulture, his claws digging into me - and I felt like my torso and legs were gushing with blood. I was stricken with fear. Absolutely stricken.

On a brighter note, I also had a glorious trip - where I was looking at the world. There was complete darkness around me, and I could see the entire globe, spinning before me - as if I was viewing it from space. I saw giant rainbows, and doves, circling the world. Gorgeous technicolour patterns flowed from certain points of the darkness. I can't explain how incredible it was... It felt like another dimension.

Datura is not a drug. It transports you to an entirely different place. It is far above me, and far bigger than me. Datura demands respect. She's a beautiful, but unforgiving entity - and she will fuck you up if you fuck with her.

Not recommended unless you are an experienced shaman, not tripper. Also, should only be dosed by witches who are trained in the herbal arts.

Absolutely agreed. There is no way your average, or even experienced tripper, should be touching Datura with a stick. It's a beautiful plant, with gorgeous flowers - admire it for that instead of for it's incredible, deadly, out of this world potential. With a shaman, go for it - I know for sure that I will when i'm in the Peruvian Amazon.

Holy shit what a trip report... serious stuff. Although this made me laugh:

T+12:00
I decided I needed a cigarette. Interestingly enough, I had one in my ear at the time. I smoked it, and took another one from my now-reloaded ear. Where were these coming from?

if you read this and still want to take datura, then you don't need to be doing drugs in the first place: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=55588

To be fair, the person who posted that on Erowid was a complete idiot. 600 seeds.. are you serious?? SEEDS in the first place?? Popping the seeds of the plant is completely disrespectful. If they really did their research, as they claim they "extensively" did - they would know to make a tea, not eat the seeds - and certainly not fucking 600 of them!!!
Idiots like that are the reason Datura has a bad name. Datura is a fucking incredible, out of this world substance. As I said, it DEMANDS respect. Eating 600 seeds was a crucial, and outright fucktarded decision.

At least buy scopolamine if you MUST fuck with deleriants. At least then you can take a known dosage...

Did it once
It was definetly the craziest trip Ive had in my life but it really was not worth it all!

Hey, the guy has some and was interested in it. Some people have taken this stuff and come out fine. Yes, it is risky, but don't all drugs have some risk to them? Some more than others? Do some research and find out if you really want to take this, i can assure you that if you take the right dosage you will be in for an experience of a lifetime.

Good luck!

See the problem is datura mess's you up so bad with that you can hurt other people or yourself without knowledge of doing so. I think if we are truely a HARM REDUCTION board we should tell people that are contemplating doing datura to take the idiodic ideas else where. If you do even the slightest bit of research you will find out the facts:

1.Pretty much impossible to take the right dose, because the plants vary a lot in potency from plant to plant of the same species.

2. You will almsot certianly black out, with the ability to move.

3. When you take datura you become a threat to your life and other people, it is like driving drunk, but more like porpusly making yourself 100% crazy.

Last edited:
I think if we are truely a HARM REDUCTION board we should tell people that are contemplating doing datura to take the idiodic ideas else where.

I just don't like that people are saying stay away from it. Yes, it has many negative effects but as cosmicfrequency stated, she did have a nice experience. I do HIGHLY recommend thorough research and a good amount of time to contemplate doing it. Yes, we are a harm reduction site, but if someone is thinking about taking something there should be some information at hand for the user as well as opinions (which I do see). These "Don't Do it" ideas are bias.

I am pretty sure the OP has been researching and viewing the posts on this thread. Many of the post lean toward not doing it and many of the research shows the dangers. You cant stop someone from doing what they want, but you can try and educate them on the topic.

To clarify my first post, When stating "you will be in for an experience of a lifetime." Whether a good or bad trip, it will be something you will never forget. Also, the right dose I know is not easy to find, i said "if you take the right dosage," if being the key word there.

So in short, I don't recommend doing it but if you decide to PLEASE do research.

<3

Last edited:
I just don't like that people are saying stay away from it. Yes, it has many negative effects but as cosmicfrequency stated, he did have a nice experience. I do HIGHLY recommend thorough research and a good amount of time to contemplate doing it. Yes, we are a harm reduction site, but if someone is thinking about taking something there should be some information at hand for the user as well as opinions (which I do see). These "Don't Do it" ideas are bias.

I am pretty sure the OP has been researching and viewing the posts on this thread. Many of the post lean toward not doing it and many of the research shows the dangers. You cant stop someone from doing what they want, but you can try and educate them on the topic.

To clarify my first post, When stating "you will be in for an experience of a lifetime." Whether a good or bad trip, it will be something you will never forget. Also, the right dose I know is not easy to find, i said "if you take the right dosage," if being the key word there.

So in short, I don't recommend doing it but if you decide to PLEASE do research.

<3

Thanks Felix. I agree with you very much... And hey, i'm a she by the way :)
Datura is a fucking awesome substance. Completely mind blowing, brain climaxing, thought trembling. Truly. In saying that, taking it correctly is ALL about taking it in the right setting, when you're in the right state of mind, doing it with the right INTENT (keyword!), doing it the correct respectful way (ie. NOT eating seeds ffs!) and being truly, ready, and well-experienced with other altered states of mind before you even attempt datura. It is in no way/shape/form a "shits and giggles" substance. It is intensely life changing (positively and negatively), and hugely spiritual. Hence why the correct intent is so vital. Correct intent being seeking spiritual expansion.

Like I said, Datura is BIG. It is SOOOO much bigger than us little dots. SO intense. SO vast, and expansive...

Once you think you're ready for it, wait another 10 years - then take it.

Truly. In saying that, taking it correctly is ALL about taking it in the right setting

No- its all about the right dose, which is impossible to guage.

No- its all about the right dose, which is impossible to guage.

Dose to an extent. To me, setting is more important. It can intensify a trip markedly if you're good at surrounding yourself with the right stuff.
Different strokes for different blokes i guess.

In saying that...
Fuck yes, datura dosing is far more important to get right than many drugs.
That's because the line between "enough" to "overdose" is sooo fine. There's really not alot of room for error.

^Thats the problem- overdose isn't going to simply be a VERY bad trip (not making light of those either)- it can be strokes, cardiac arrest, seizures and death. You could be in the best setting ever and still succumb to those.

But it can be used safely; Bluelight is just very far from the place to obtain such info. A "safer" method of delerium inducing involves either isolated tropanes (hyoscine/scopolamine and atropine) or antihistamines. At least then a dosage can be accurately guaged. Still, the risk are present.

BTW, not trying to argue for the sake of it- I've taken scopolamine before and fucken hated it, so yeah different strokes. Its just that we've had datura threads on BL before and lo! and behold! suddenly there are people ODing and dying from it.

Personally, I think brugmansia's and datura's are beautiful plants. I have a brugmansia sanguinea looping around my backyard which, in itself, has a strong presence. :)