European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Recommend another good movie per post

brokenbrain

Bluelighter
Ed Wood is my favourite film ever,thus why I've got my icon.Also Night of the Ghouls as (un)directed by Mr Wood is as funny as Airplane and definetly more so than Plan 9 from Outer Space.=D

Ed Wood is a fuckin' legend. The man, the films and the biopic. Got a few of his films but haven't watched 'em all yet. Can't remember if I've seen Night of the Ghouls, but I know I've got it here somewhere. Will dig it out sometime when suitably inevriated :)

I'd like to watch some of his films, I've only seen the Johnny Depp adaption :)

I'm pretty sure you would approve, Whore. Seriously entertaining. Smoke spliffs, drink booze (or guice), watch Ed Wood films, giggle yourself into minor hysteria. Quality entertainment :)

PS: First movie recommendation thread is here :)

Last edited:
I've seen Plan 9 From Outer Space which was pretty funny.

I'm still dying to see Glen Or Glenda though. :D

figure25.jpg

I have a few of his films, but not Glen or Glenda - is definitely one of his "greats". I do have his very first film - Crossroads of Laredo* - but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Ed Wood films tend to work best with a few people, a few beers, a few spliffs, and a lot of general hilarity :)

* "People interested in the work and personality of Ed Wood will find it interesting, though most people won't. It's moral tone is sort of loud, especially toward the end. It may confuse but shouldn't harm children." :D

Posting for subscription without clicking.

Top 5:
Dr. Strangelove
Pulp Fiction
Walk the Line
Kill Bill 1&2
Gladiator

56630-large.jpg

Screenwriter Shane Black of Lethal Weapon fame makes his directorial debut with this film noir. Robert Downey, Jr., stars as Harry Lockhart, a petty thief in New York City who quite literally stumbles into acting and soon finds himself in Los Angeles to test for a film role as a private detective. To help Harry prepare, his new agent arranges for him to shadow a gay private investigator, Perry van Shrike also known as 'Gay Perry' (Val Kilmer). But when Perry takes Harry along on a simple job for a mystery client, the two witness the disposal of a dead body, and the game suddenly becomes serious. Adding to the intrigue is Harmony Faith Lane (Michelle Monaghan), a beautiful and smart-as-a-whip wannabe starlet with whom Harry is so smitten that he pretends to be a real detective. Soon Harry, Perry, and Harmony are tangled in a life-threatening web of dead bodies, deception, and treachery.

Trailer: http://www.lovefilm.com/product/detail.html?product_id=56630&auto_show_trailer=1&show_trailer=1

Watched 'Bad Boy Bubby' this evening and it's the most disturbing film I've ever seen. Really difficult to watch. If you can stomach it then it may be worth checking it out but I wouldn't say I 'enjoyed' it. :\

It's disturbing though isn't it? I had to keep turning away from the screen.

Only the first half hour or so really, I'd say Spadey. Is quite dark and bleak and vicious and twisted in places, but is mostly just very sweet and charming and funny and so forth. Lovely film <3

Bad Boy Bubby is outstanding.Its what the camera was invented for.Its totally uplifting happiness once he escapes his rather incorrect Mother.Also I hate cats,so wrapping them in clingfilm is a good idea.:D
Dark and disturbing is the best sort of film.
I would recommend Henry:portrait of A Serial Killer today,but haven't seen it for years.Never seen the fully uncut version.Think I will buy it off ebay post haste.

Last edited:
^ Henry is an excellent film. Probably my favourite serial killer type film. Also not watched it for a while but may dig it out again. Excellent film.

^ Holy Mountain is genius. His other films are also great - and equally bizarre - but Holy Mountain is probably my favorite.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was awesome, and I saw Death at a Funeral on a Sunday afternoon, feeling a bit post-battered, and after a couple of smuggled in mini bottles of red wine it was great fun :D

I watched Bully last night - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242193/ - gets my recommendation, was very good. With much gratuitous nakedness!